It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag disappears from Obama campaign jet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It seems Obama was just taking after McCain. His Straight Talk Express (bus) that used to sport a large flag, was remodeled, and the flag was torn off and probably burned! Baby Jesus cried.

Old bus:

New bus:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That was a Bus BH. Quit reaching ..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm not reaching, I'm mocking.
We can't even find a picture of the tail of McCain's plane. I wonder what he's hiding...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I found it

And guess what? NO FLAG on the tail!
Just John McCain's name.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Seek and ye shall find the truth. Too bad you don't do that with Obama.

McCain's Jet will be Air Force one soon, so you won't have to spend all that time searching for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We only saw one side of the plane's tail in that video. What about the other side?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The real issue is that Obama, his wife, and their close associates ALL have a disdain for the United States of America, and the average American who lives here.

Obama's latest example was his comment about how he's embarrassed about Americans not speaking a foreign language. Then there were his "clinging to their guns and religion" and "bitter" comments. Then there was his wife being proud of America for the first time in her life. Of course he's buddies with Rev. Wright, et al., who don't even hide the fact that they HATE America.

In fact, wasn't it Bill Ayers who proudly burnt an American flag?

This has been debunked so many times it is laughable. It is very hard to be proud as an American at this point. Our country always seems to do the wrong thing for the wrong reasons. I love America and will fight to the death for her. There is however a plethora of problems all caused by the push for profit and power. Seems that not one decision ever comes down to what is best for all americans but rather to what is best for those in power.

Alos as a white american patriot i can't find much that Rev Wright says that I don't agree with.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Seek and ye shall find the truth. Too bad you don't do that with Obama.

You KNOW I do!

And the pic in your source is only one side, too. What about the other side?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It is very hard to be proud as an American at this point. Our country always seems to do the wrong thing for the wrong reasons. I love America and will fight to the death for her

Wow, sounds like a bit of a contradictory statement. On one hand, you'll die for your country, yet on the other you are ashamed??

You are not proud as an American? What about those that died for your freedom to say such nonsense in WWII? The US has saved the free world time and time again. It would be a Nazi World Order.

So, because you are not proud to be American, does that mean you disown it?? Because Obama certainly has or is trying to.

Leave the country if you don't like it and take Obama with you already.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

That was a Bus BH. Quit reaching ..

The "straight talk express" was more of a symbol for McCain than Obama's plane ever was. I'd say it's even more relevant.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
New bus:

What I find even more interesting than make believe mystery flags, is McCain's use of the Nautical star in his personal campaign logo.

One of the most popular styles of star tattoo designs are nautical star tattoos. Nautical stars have a long history in the world of tattoo designs dating all the way back to the early sailors, specifically Sailor Jerry, and his many tattoo designs.

In those days, before modern navigation, sailors would navigate in part by the stars in the night skies, in particular the North Star in the Northern Hemisphere, and various other constellations of stars in the night sky. In the Southern Hemisphere, sailors had to use different stars and the Southern Cross became quite well-known. Sailors would then tattoo nautical stars on them because they relied on the stars to take them home, and being superstitious, they hoped their star tattoos would get them home safely as well.

I am sure as a former member of the Navy, McCain is aware of the old connotations of the star, but is trying to use it because of its more modern 'pop' symbolism.

Although these stars were once only popular with people who were in some way attached to the water, but as time went on, other groups, including gays and lesbians, punk rockers and those in the military, adopted the nautical star for their own purposes and as a very important symbol. The diversity of these groups has lead many to argue the meaning of their tattoos.

Many military people get a nautical star as a symbol for finding ones path home safely. Of course this can also include, more symbolically, finding ones way in life.

One can find many punk bands whose members sport full sleeve tattoos that typically incorporate nautical star tattoos either on their elbows or elsewhere. The punk movement traces its history and use of the nautical star back to Sailor Jerry

The lesbian and gay connection is one that might not seem obvious at first. In the 1940’s and 50’s when alternative lifestyles were not the norm, homosexuals would often have to hide their alternative lifestyles. They would often have a tattoo placed in a location where it could easily be hidden with a wristwatch or other items. As homosexuality became more widely accepted, the tattoos would be more prominently exhibited.

In modern day society this visual is almost considered common. It has been transformed into a pop culture statement. It has been said that the star itself is meant to represent "I", as in who "I" am as a person, whether in a statement of rebellion or individualism. Each point is said to repesent a different characteristic of one's own personality that creates a whole personality or way of life. Each of the five points typically represent the following characteristics:
-independence
-integrity
-intuition
-individuality
-innovation

I wonder if McCain has any tattoos from his time in the military. If so, this one?

Sorry if this post is not combative enough,
DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Leave the country if you don't like it and take Obama with you already.

What happens when Obama 'wins'? You have to at least believe there is a 50-50 chance for him at this point. Flag on his lapel, or not. Flag on his airplane, or not. Right?

So what happens if Obama wins?

Are you planning on leaving the country if that is the case?

Of course not. Where else would you go?

So who do you think you are to demand something ridiculous like someone else leave the country for their political beliefs?

Its not very American of you.
DocMoreau

Edit to add an image I found to lighten things up, two heads of the same coin eh?:
Jim Beam REPUBLICAN ELEPHANT + DEMOCRAT DONKEY decanters

[edit on 22/7/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

I believe he said he lost it at the Hanoi Hilton where he was imprisoned for five years as a POW. He was supposed to get a new one a while back, but Barack's staff requisitioned the last one..

That is the lamest excuse for not wearing a lapel pin i've ever heard.

Where's his lapel pin, llyod, and why is he held to a double standard?

Because he was in the military? Hmm. So are the following men, "patriotic" as well?

Benedict Arnold was in the continental army.

Timothy McVeigh was he a patriot...Llyod? He was in the military.

Lee Harvey Oswald served our country. Is he a "true patriot"?

Charles Whitman ring a bell? He served. Does that grant him an automatic invisible lapel pin?

I am not trying to say that McCain is a terrorist like the men above. I am saying that serving your country in the military does not automatically generate an invisible lapel pin for you to wear around, mocking those who don't wear one.

Why the double standard, neocons? Why the double standard.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
furthermore, Obama does not need a lapel pin.

his yard sign for his millions of supporters bares plenty of resemblance to the american flag

where is John McCains??????

wait just a second........that star in Mccains sign looks kind of familiar.....

hmm

OH YEAH this is where i've seen it before!!!

I guess yet another double standard in the works?

Maybe he left his creative side in the Hanoi Hotel as well?
Because i dont see an American Flag on his yard sign for supporters either.

Shocking.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Dang I am so disappointed. I was sitting at the airport watching that plane land the other day.and almost had an orgasm. I mean Hooter airlines is one thing but an Orgasm airline would be far better. Just broke my heart when I fount out that the O stood for Obama. Personally the flag on the plane is no big deal. If elected President and he removes it from anything that represents our government, then I have a problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is it fantastic that here at ATS we are discussing the real issues? You know, the real issues: candidates mispeaking, loyalty to the country, their lack of flag-pins, birth-certificates, and who has the worst wife.

Looking at the 50 threads on the front-page of this forum, almost 20 of them are about those aforementioned asinine topics. As for the remainder, there is a derth of mature debate, and a glut of spin and excuses. Any vestagies of mature debate degenerate and are overwhelmed by tit-for-tat, "Well your candidate did this!" and "So what? Your candidate did it first or worse!"

For a bunch of people who claim to want to deny ignorance, we are being smothered with it, and wallowing in it with glee.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Enjoy the bickering of my candidate is better than yours.

To me, it seems real simple. He's on a trip overseas visiting both friendly and unfriendly countries. He is nothing more than a Senator on a junket. A decked out plane would give the impression, to the average thinking person of that region, he is an individual representing the current Government and policy of our Government. They do not care if he is running for office, they just see a guy with a big USA flag on his plane.

Any other conclusions is just party driven nonsense trying to make an attempt to make it into something sinister ... or... conspiratorial.

BTW: Cindy McCain is a licensed pilot and flies the plane her husband uses for many trips. He "rents" the plane from her.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
The sheer audacity of this guy is disturbing enough, but when you couple it with the blind devotion of his supporters, it's positively frightening! It's almost cult-like..

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

I agree, the support of Bush is almost cult like. It's pretty amazing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Dang I am so disappointed. I was sitting at the airport watching that plane land the other day.and almost had an orgasm. I mean Hooter airlines is one thing but an Orgasm airline would be far better. Just broke my heart when I fount out that the O stood for Obama. Personally the flag on the plane is no big deal. If elected President and he removes it from anything that represents our government, then I have a problem.

Jam321, I'd like to say thank you.

Specifically because I know you and I support different candidates, but I can tell that you are very rational and a patriot. Did I also mention humorous?

Seriously though, thank you for bringing realism to the debate for the side that you support. I have read most of your posts in the past day, and even though you and I will most likely vote for different candidates, you are a very respectful and rational poster.

I also enjoy your irreverence :-)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
jetxnet and LLoyd45, are you guys for real. Are you really serious. Is this what America has come down to, where you argue over something like that.

For Weeks I have watch you two start threads on top of threads attacking Obama for the silliest of things that just blows my mind.

Is this your day Job? Are you getting paid to do this. If Obama was a Republican would you continue this one sided attack. Why is it that when BH and Andrew among others prove how ignorant and one sided you are you simply don't say, "yes i was wrong, i didn't look at it this way or that way". Do you understand that every time you start a thread and a Obama supporter defends him because they happen to like what he stands for it doesn't mean they are a cult.

Time and time again jetxnet and LLoyd45 have been proven to be both intellectually circumcised and by your actions commonsensically challenged.

All that money that was spent on the war in Iraq could have been used to feed and help Americans here at home. You would prefer to spend another 100 years and trillions of dollars feeding someone else than helping your own.

You speak as if Obama plans to take over the world and do all these crazy things but last I forget we have a Senate and Congress that passes bills and you damn well know it has to go through them before they can be passed.

I don't like that Obama plans to spend like a 5 year old that just found $20.00 but I rather him spend it at home that on another country. Can you get it through your head. Please.

Again I say, Ron Paul is the key to true freedom but he's out at the moment so I rather peace than war. And that my friend is my 2 cents. (Insert Mccain Silly Grin)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join