It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag disappears from Obama campaign jet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
You know darn well he'd have that little flag required for identification removed if he could too.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by jetxnet]

Conjecture. Now where's my hillbilly salad?!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Most official U.S. government aircraft, including Air Force One, have U.S. flags on their tails.

Keyword being "official".
Now you've just contradicted yourself. At least unlike other cons with an agenda you can spell right.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A vote for Obama is a vote for Osama.

If my only choice is Insane McCain.... then I'll just have to vote for Insanity instead of an islamic, jihadi sympathizer.

-Euclid

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

www.horsesass.org...

Not even a Boeing or McDonnell Douglas aircraft, gotta love globalization. . . .

[edit on 22-7-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
"As part of a month-long aircraft makeover, a painted American flag was removed from the tail of Sen. Barack Obama's official campaign airplane and was replaced with the presidential candidate's trademark "O" symbol."

As long as the money he spends is rightfully his to spend while campaigning, let him spend it however he sees fit. If he wants to re-paint his plane, let him do so.

"Most official U.S. government aircraft, including Air Force One, have U.S. flags on their tails."
"Both Fox News and the Chicago Sun-Times posted pictures of the Obama campaign's redressed airplane, which does not have an American flag or any other U.S. national symbols on the section that sports the airplane door from which Obama and his team will enter and exit."

He may be taking his life into his own hands there, but as long as he isn't breaking any laws, I don't see any reason to worry about that. There's lots of places that a pilot wouldn't like having an american flag painted on the side of his aircraft. (Not everyone likes the U.S.A. at the moment just in the case you weren't paying attention.)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, I guess I can say at least he didn't try altering the Presidential Seal again in getting people to think he was already President. Altering the Presidential Seal in the manner he did was techically Illegal. A case could sure be made for it. Good thing he pulled it from his Podium and T-Shirts.

Obama is a "trip" that's for sure. It's going to be interesting in seeing what silly, yet blatent things he does to further disrespect America, the Constitution and her people.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
How is this important to the future of this country? How about a thread about a real political issue.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by euclid
A vote for Obama is a vote for Osama.

If my only choice is Insane McCain.... then I'll just have to vote for Insanity instead of an islamic, jihadi sympathizer.

-Euclid

WOW!

...and by no means am I for Obama.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by corusso]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

McCain may have temper issues, but Obama has a "my shyte don't stink" issue if you know what I mean. I'd much rather have a POTUS that isn't embarassed by his own people or talking down to them like children, much like Obama does.

Are you saying that McCain wasn't embarrassed by Phil Gramms remarks? Which basically called Americans whiners for being concerned about the economy. Which pretty much came across as talking down to working Americans.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Kaploink]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
so what if john mccain does not know what countries we are at war with border each other and which don't. so what if he talks about nations that have not exsisted for almost two decades. econimic policy - its fine, leave it alone, tax cuts for rich bad, tax cuts for rich good, ummmm obama makes gas expensive. so what if when asked to clarify what is different about him compared to bush, his reps fall to pieces. so what if he thinks perpetual war is just fine. so what if he comes across as a senile, shell shocked, angry, bitter, little rich man. he shows he is a patriot. after reading this thread and seeing the chartered jet and lack of lapel pin, im not sure how or what he is doing more 'patriotically' than obama. but thank god this is what we are talking about instead of anything policy related. i hope some threads on britney and lindsay open up soon too so this place can be just as empty and vapid as the MSM.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Heh...that actually was pretty funny.
You can learn a lot from sarcasm, I hope people here do.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
From the OP's Source:

The aircraft also has required identification numbers and a U.S. flag to identify the nationality of the aircraft.

It figures. They can't even get the patriot jabs right.

Hoist by your own petard on this one guys?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americantrucker
"As part of a month-long aircraft makeover, a painted American flag was removed from the tail of Sen. Barack Obama's official campaign airplane and was replaced with the presidential candidate's trademark "O" symbol."

As long as the money he spends is rightfully his to spend while campaigning, let him spend it however he sees fit. If he wants to re-paint his plane, let him do so.

"Most official U.S. government aircraft, including Air Force One, have U.S. flags on their tails."
"Both Fox News and the Chicago Sun-Times posted pictures of the Obama campaign's redressed airplane, which does not have an American flag or any other U.S. national symbols on the section that sports the airplane door from which Obama and his team will enter and exit."

He may be taking his life into his own hands there, but as long as he isn't breaking any laws, I don't see any reason to worry about that. There's lots of places that a pilot wouldn't like having an american flag painted on the side of his aircraft. (Not everyone likes the U.S.A. at the moment just in the case you weren't paying attention.)

Thank you for such a well thought out post.

It's good to see rational thought in this forum.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I guess he and Oprah are going to have to get trademarks to their Big "O" symbols.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jetxnet]

Spewing pathetic sarcasm while avoiding the viewpoints of more logical posters. Classic.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

McCain may have temper issues, but Obama has a "my shyte don't stink" issue if you know what I mean. I'd much rather have a POTUS that isn't embarassed by his own people or talking down to them like children, much like Obama does.

Are you saying that McCain wasn't embarrassed by Phil Gramms remarks? Which basically called Americans whiners for being concerned about the economy. Which pretty much came across as talking down to working Americans.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Kaploink]

Kaploink,
Excellent post

Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's not a government jet.

Maybe he just did not want to look like he was campaigning on tax money.

If he put an even bigger flag on the tail, you would be shouting about that.
You shout about everything. Even if you have to make it up.

The O is red white and blue. It reminds me of a flag.

So what's your problem? Aside from hate, or being paid to voice these opinions. Oh go ahead forget the "aside from". Just get it out in the open.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well isn't it like putting a huge shoot here sign uip for the terrorists...duh!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Whither the plane has the flag or not or they ware a lapel pin does not matter in the least. It all boils down to the country will get the leader it deserves. Obamatrons and McCainians will either be overjoyed or depressed in November. Both candidates are not as they seem to be and will only follow the plan set before them.

Should you think it will be otherwise then your either to young to remember Eisenhower, blind to the truth or a fool. Neither one will bring you a chicken in every pot or car in every garage. However, they will promise the moon and stars and that is exactly what you'll get. Pants down for the full moon and the jewels swinging in the breeze blowing you a kiss. Sorry you thought it would be the real moon and stars.

Should you also think that you have anything to say in regards to the election, guess again. The winner has and was already chosen before you can vote so get over it.

BTW, having the flag on the tail or anywhere on the aircraft is not a requirement by the FAA. Check the FAR's if you think otherwise. If Obama wants to paint his logo on the tail, no problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
his yard sign for his millions of supporters bares plenty of resemblance to the american flag

Why does Obama's big O logo have the American flag on the bottom/ground ?

Something not right about this.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Good point, and here is an article about Obama's logo in comparison to other candidates etc.

www.thenextright.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join