It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag disappears from Obama campaign jet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
his yard sign for his millions of supporters bares plenty of resemblance to the american flag

Why does Obama's big O logo have the American flag on the bottom/ground ?

Something not right about this.

I don't know but is that the moon rising up over America...hmmm

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Basically Obama is resorting to subliminal BS.

His logo is meant to indicate to you that the Sun is coming out over America, and he is that Sun.

The subtle message that you've discovered in the image is fascinating. I've been interested in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, aka NLP, for several years. To the uninitiated, NLP is Hypnosis 2.0. While it's still disputed as a model or theory, mainly it's a set of techniques or strategies for enhancing communication and personal influence.

One of the features of NLP is its focus on modalities. Sensory modalities are visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, gustatory and kinesthetic. Once the hypnotist determines whether the target's primary modality is auditory, visual or kinesthetic, then a subconscious message can be encoded in appropriate forms such as images, music, text, semiotic symbols, etc. The human brain cognitively filters out milliions of bytes of information constantly, but the subconscious message will pass successfully through the filter, register, and somewhat akin to a Trojan Horse, can be used to trigger specific behavior any time that message is replayed in the future. This technique can be used to great benefit on subjects who are susceptible to behavior modification through reprogramming. It's more elegant than simple "brainwashing" repetition because it employs a multiplicity of modalities and motivators.

One way the practitioner aligns with the subject is through modeling the subject's body language. I've continuously been fascinated that Barack Obama, a man who was raised in my home state of Hawaii where the predominant linguistic style is what we call "pidgin English", has a chameleonlike ability to mimic a Southern Accent when he addresses certain audiences. Shelby Steele also points this out in his book about Barack Obama titled "A Bound Man". Shelby and I both find this mannerism quite obnoxious, but perhaps it does endear Obama to an audience with a similar speech pattern. And to be fair, I'm equally guilty of speaking "pidgin" when I'm in Hawaii while never using that inflection in California. It's a code to the locals that says "I belong here, I'm one of you, I'm authentic."

While watching Obama's early primary speeches - the ones which had the effect of overcoming people with emotion to the point of bringing them to tears and fainting spells - I noticed him applying what I thought were several anchoring techniques. When he said something that was designed to create highly charged positive emotion, he'd accompany it with a specific hand gesture. Later in the speech, he'd make another statement designed to elicit positive affect, and use the same hand gesture. The NLP potential here is that later, long after the speech, he can employ that same hand gesture on the news or in a debate and no matter what's being said, and the subjects of earlier "programming" will respond to the gesture (referred to as an anchor) with that same favorable emotion toward him as they had during the initial programming cycle. This is just a peanut gallery theory of mine, I'm not a professional hypnotist, but I do enjoy wrapping my mind around the possibilities of mass hypnosis techniques being applied to millions of people in rallies and on TV who are so primed by their hatred of George Bush that they've become emininently ripe and eager for reprogramming.

Some people are born with an innate understanding of how to do this, others study it and apply it academically. NLP has been informally employed for thousands of years, but it came to prominence as a discipline with the work of Milton Erickson, who used the technique of "telling stories" to embed certain codes and signals for the purpose of influencing behavior.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It's because Obama is a key member of the NWO and once he takes office he is going to 'change' everything. That's what his whole campaign thing is about, and yet all of you fail to see or understand that. Obama is going to rule the entire world and America as we know it will not exist after he takes office. Just wait until yall see what is going to unfold within the next 2 years...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
And who has the Beelzebub Avitar for POTUS??

My Veep, that's who. Beezelbub/Chuthulu 08!!

/

This, I must say, is perhaps the silliest thread I have seen in my years on this board. Congratulations on bringing the stupidity of american politics to a new high.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

So there, take that! I agree with you on that one. I hope your head does not 'splode upon that realization.

Nice
agreement is always good!

McCain may have temper issues, but Obama has a "my shyte don't stink" issue if you know what I mean. I'd much rather have a POTUS that isn't embarassed by his own people or talking down to them like children, much like Obama does.

I want someone humble. Obama is far from humble.

If you want someone humble you need to go to an alternate universe. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who thinks they are awesome enough to run the country (and by proxy help lead the whole world) cannot, by definition, be humble. They are all arrogant, power hungry, self-centered people. McCain does a great job with his awwww shucks, "Hi there friends" act, but the man is not humble. Obama is an academic, a job whose nature is to be a bit arrogant [I say this as someone who works in academia]. He just decided to not hide it.
Obama is an intellectual snob. I freely and ecstatically admit that. But after almost eight years of inCurious George running the U.S. (and at the same time the world) closer to total war and complete economic breakdown I relish the thought of someone with a "smarter than thou" attitude. We need a brainiac (Obama) not a follower (McCain [in my mind anyway]). The person running the show should be smarter than the average bear.

Edited to add that yes, agreement is always welcome in our polarized times. I think we should all go read the book The Big Sort, which discusses the problems of American homogenization into their own ideological camps, which in turn hardens individual ideologies and is slowly tearing the nation apart.
obs out

[edit on 23-7-2008 by observer]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This has to be one of the most ludicrious threads in a while...doubt it'll be the last, though, as the election nears.

Somewhere, someone posted a picture of McCain's airplane, an Airbus A-320....yeah, that's right, built in Toulusse [edit here...spelling?], France. It even has a French registration number, if you look closely.

Hint: French airplanes start with an 'F', then a dash, then four letters. Different from a US-registered airplane, Which has an 'N' number, as it's called. ALWAYS begins with 'N', NEVER more than six, nor less than three characters total....and there MUST be at least one numeral.

Further, the 'flag' painted on the airplane is needed ONLY when the airplane is intended to operated internationally, or in what is called 'Flag Ops' by both the FAA and the ICAO.

For instance....and one or more of you clever fellows can check this...SouthWest Airlines is currently a Domestic carrier. MAYBE they've started operations into Mexico or Canada, and if so my point is moot...but WHEN WN (SouthWest Airlines) was all domestic, they didn't have the flag on their airplanes. Not needed. Does that make them un-patriotic?

Just sayin'....there are layers of ignorance, out there, that need to be educated.

PS....about thirty years in the aviation industry here, so this is where MY knowledge comes from.

Second afterthought....Sen. Obama's trip to Europe and the Mid-East was likely accomplished on military airplanes, n'est pas???

[edit on 7/23/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What is worse? Some mad president re-doing the U.S. constitution or a possible candidate for president removing the U.S. flag symbol?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by clg79

Star for you, clg79.

The current 'president' has been systematically eviscerating the Constitution for the last seven+ years....actually, it's not he, but the Evil Empire that put him into office......

This nonsense about Flag lapel pins is boilerplate distraction, pure and simple. Same with the BS about the airplanes.....innuendo, pure distraction from REAL issues.

Is this off-topic? No, I don't think so. It is a Presidential Campaign/Election cycle, so all gloves can come off, no???

So far, here at ATS, I have seen FAR MORE Obama-bashing threads than would normally be expected from an erudite, educated membership that must comprise the base of ATS.

Compare to the number of threads started that bash McCain. Anyone care to do the counting???

I didn't even bother to start a thread, because his senility (McCain's) is so evident, what's the point? He is confused about the Sunni vs/ Shia....he cannot remember that the Sunni in Iraq were well up against the Taliban even before the 'surge'....yet, he attributes the 'surge' in Iraq for turning the tide. Even though the 'surge' happened almost a year later.

Bless his heart, he's served....shot down in Vietnam. As a Senator's son, he was given the opportunity of being extracted, but stood by his principles and stayed with his comrades to suffer as a POW. OK, very valiant. But, after so many years in Congress, he is just politics as usual. AND, he does seem to be best suited to rocking on the porch in Sedona, AZ, than sitting in the Oval Office, in my opinion.

I dare not mention how many times he, Senator McCain, has 'flip-flopped' in the last eight years, since the Bush/Rove juggernaut threw him under the bus, lest I get rocks and arrows directed my way.....I open the floor to discussion from others.....

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Can we talk about the real issues now?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well all I can say is Obama is KICKING ASS (as in donkey) if all the Obama haters can come up to smear him with is crap like 'lapel pins' and 'flags on air plains'!

Honestly without being motivated to think it is an issues 98% of Americans wouldn't even notice or care if they did. Even after being motivated too it will ultimately do nothing to his campaign.

Obama has this one in the bag folks, enjoy the ride.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Can we talk about the real issues now?

I'm glad someone else recognizes this nonsense, and isn't engaging in the tit-for-tat distraction and deflection.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

“The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should....I’ve got Greenspan’s book.”

At least McCain tells the truth, huh?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

“The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should....I’ve got Greenspan’s book.”

At least McCain tells the truth, huh?

This has everything to do with the issue, or rather non-issue, at hand. Just more senseless "Oh yeah! Well you're candidate is worse!" tripe.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

Originally posted by fastwalker23
Wonder if there is any significant occultic symbolism for his logo.

I recommend looking at his Signature:
From Wikipedia

www.symbols.com...

One of the signs for vitriol in early chemistry.

Early Chemistry meaning Alchemy

I am sure Jextnet is going to have a field day...

Wow, I wonder if Jextnet has me on ignore these days. I seriously thought he would get all worked up that Obama is using the alchemical symbol for Vitriol (Sulfuric Acid) in his signature.
www.alchemylab.com...

Vitriol was the most important liquid in alchemy. It was the one in which all other reactions took place. Vitriol was distilled from an oily, green substance that formed naturally from the weathering of sulfur-bearing gravel. This Green Vitriol is symbolized by the Green Lion in drawings. After the Green Vitriol (copper sulfate) was collected, it was heated and broken down into iron compounds and sulfuric acid. The acid was separated out by distillation. The first distillation produced a brown liquid that stunk like rotten eggs, but further distillation yielded a nearly odorless, yellow oil called simply Vitriol. The acid readily dissolves human tissue and is severely corrosive to most metals, although it has no effect on gold. White Vitriol is zinc sulfate; Blue Vitriol is copper sulfate.

Sulphur, Satan... right?
DocMoreau

[edit on 23/7/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

This has everything to do with the issue, or rather non-issue, at hand. Just more senseless "Oh yeah! Well you're candidate is worse!" tripe.

I agree...it's just hard not to get sucked in to asinine arguments. It is the overall plan though:

DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

If they keep us all squabbling about pins, flags, and "muslim lovin" we forget what they are getting away with in the long run.

Edit to add:
Read Sun Tzu's The Art of War.....It still applies to current government practice.

Never will those who wage war tire of deception.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
This has to be one of the most ludicrious threads in a while...doubt it'll be the last, though, as the election nears.

Somewhere, someone posted a picture of McCain's airplane, an Airbus A-320....yeah, that's right, built in Toulusse [edit here...spelling?], France. It even has a French registration number, if you look closely.

Hint: French airplanes start with an 'F', then a dash, then four letters. Different from a US-registered airplane, Which has an 'N' number, as it's called. ALWAYS begins with 'N', NEVER more than six, nor less than three characters total....and there MUST be at least one numeral.

Further, the 'flag' painted on the airplane is needed ONLY when the airplane is intended to operated internationally, or in what is called 'Flag Ops' by both the FAA and the ICAO.

For instance....and one or more of you clever fellows can check this...SouthWest Airlines is currently a Domestic carrier. MAYBE they've started operations into Mexico or Canada, and if so my point is moot...but WHEN WN (SouthWest Airlines) was all domestic, they didn't have the flag on their airplanes. Not needed. Does that make them un-patriotic?

Just sayin'....there are layers of ignorance, out there, that need to be educated.

PS....about thirty years in the aviation industry here, so this is where MY knowledge comes from.

Second afterthought....Sen. Obama's trip to Europe and the Mid-East was likely accomplished on military airplanes, n'est pas???

What I think is funny is once I posted the pic of McCain's "unamerican" jet, the discussion immediately shifted to Obama's logo on yard signs.

Did anyone else notice the lack of a flag on the tail of McCain's campaign jet?

It would be nice if these juvenile threads would be better researched before they were posted. Why aren't we talking about issues? Too much research involved. . .
Wait, look, over here! Obama's logo has the flag on the bottom of it! See? He's anti-american, this proves it.

Silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join