It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag disappears from Obama campaign jet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

As part of a month-long aircraft makeover, a painted American flag was removed from the tail of Sen. Barack Obama's official campaign airplane and was replaced with the presidential candidate's trademark "O" symbol.

Most official U.S. government aircraft, including Air Force One, have U.S. flags on their tails.

Both Fox News and the Chicago Sun-Times posted pictures of the Obama campaign's redressed airplane, which does not have an American flag or any other U.S. national symbols on the section that sports the airplane door from which Obama and his team will enter and exit

More of Obama's anti-Patriotism shining through

Source

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Yeah, Obama is a true American patriot.. I'm surprised he didn't have it made-over to look like Air Force One with his own mock Presidential seal adorning it. This guy takes the cake when it comes to arrogance.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No doubt!

It warrents serious concern to dictatorial intentions. If Obama becomes POTUS, would he try to change the Seal and American Flag to the big 'O', which steals the logo from Close Encounters of the Third Kind?

It seems far-fetched that this would happen, but then again, have never seen such audacity from a Presidential Candidate.

Americans should further feel disrespected as he is not for the people, but only for his arrogant self.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yeah, forget his policies being better than McCain's, HE'S not as patriotic as I want him to be, or at least I THINK that's true...

Down with Obama and his lack of patriotism..

All hail McCain and the republicans!!! They TRULY know how we Americans like to be patriotic and proud of our country, even if we couldn't tell you why!!!

Pffft...

Are you serious Jetxnet? Dude, get real.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
From the OP's Source:

The aircraft also has required identification numbers and a U.S. flag to identify the nationality of the aircraft.

I think his new plane is beautiful! It's a "CHANGE".

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It is because that is required BH! No where else does he have it, especially in places where he should in terms of entry, exit and visability etc.

You know darn well he'd have that little flag required for identification removed if he could too.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Good find Benevolent...

My money says Jetxnet is a republican, as he is relying on BS and half-truths to sell his side, just as McCain and Bush like to do.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The sheer audacity of this guy is disturbing enough, but when you couple it with the blind devotion of his supporters, it's positively frightening! It's almost cult-like..

[edit on 21-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Isn't this Obama's campaign jet?

AP
Obama intends to travel aboard a jet chartered by his presidential campaign.

If this is a chartered campaign jet, how could you compare it to an official US government aircraft?

More sensationalism....

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

And there it is again...

The very typical response to anyone who likes Obama better than McCain, that we're 'cult-like'. Funny, I seem to see this same response coming from ALL anti-Obama people claiming 'blind devotion'. It's almost like they've been brainwashed to say the exact same things over and over again...

Hmmm...what was the definition of 'sheeple' again?...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Barack Obama's official campaign airplane and was replaced with the presidential candidate's trademark "O" symbol.

His official campaign Jet.

Funny how the other Candidates have the Flag on the tail.

This mimics Obama's refusal to wear the American Flag Pin and also his refusal to put his hand on his heart when respecting the American flag and what she stands for.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just another example of why both of these men should be feared.
The country is going to hell in a handbasket and we're treated to Husseins aircraft decorations?
Look, either you get it or you don't.
The POTUS is no longer decided by us, U.S., this is in the hands of Wall Street. Hussein is no more than their boy, he has been assimilated into the fold.
Look at the money, he is supported by the northeast elite. The same people that gave us the s%#t pile we're trying to get out from under now.
The only thing that wil change is that this time I'm gonna be ready.

edit to add , there should be a Kennedy rant in there somewhere.

[edit on 7/21/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Maybe they felt that the red white and blue colors were enough. Flag or no flag, a vote for McCain is a vote for a war with Iran. Maybe we should be focusing on that instead of looking at airplane art.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Funny how the other Candidates have the Flag on the tail.

I did a search for an image of McCain's campaign jet but was unsuccessful, I did however notice that McCain chartered his own wife's plane on numerous occasions this spring.

Does Cindy's private jet, chartered by John's campaign carry the flag on the tail?

I couldn't find an image of that plane either. how convenient.

NYT

It's a tit for tat useless premise, talk about the issues that affect the US citizens, this is drivel.

Oh I forgot, this is the current state of US Politics...

I'll take my leave and apologize to the members for helping prolong this discussion.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
And there it is again...

The very typical response to anyone who likes Obama better than McCain, that we're 'cult-like'. Funny, I seem to see this same response coming from ALL anti-Obama people claiming 'blind devotion'. It's almost like they've been brainwashed to say the exact same things over and over again...

Hmmm...what was the definition of 'sheeple' again?...
As they say: A rose is a Rose, if called by any other name.. Since I'm not a big fan of neologisms, I stick to the old familiars.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Does Cindy's private jet, chartered by John's campaign carry the flag on the tail?

Cindy's Jet isn't McCain's official campaign Jet.

The keyword is "official" here.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
could you please explain something for me

where is John Mccains american flag lapel pin in

This picture
or this picture

How about this picture

No lapel pin here

Oh there it is......wait wait...no its not.

Here he is.......where's that lapel ????

Anyone who bases patriotism on something as infantile and pointless as a lapel pin or a graphic on a jet really shows their credibility through their own actions.

Is John McCain a patriot? If so. Where the *snip* is his lapel pin?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Anyone who bases patriotism on something as infantile and pointless as a lapel pin or a graphic on a jet really shows their credibility through their own actions.
It's called symbolic patriotism Andrew.

Is John McCain a patriot? If so. Where the *snip* is his lapel pin?

I believe he said he lost it at the Hanoi Hilton where he was imprisoned for five years as a POW. He was supposed to get a new one a while back, but Barack's staff requisitioned the last one..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

More of Obama's anti-Patriotism shining through

No, I wouldn't call it anti-Patriotism because then all the Obama fans will jump on you about how patriotism isn't an important issue.

The real issue is that Obama, his wife, and their close associates ALL have a disdain for the United States of America, and the average American who lives here.

Obama's latest example was his comment about how he's embarrassed about Americans not speaking a foreign language. Then there were his "clinging to their guns and religion" and "bitter" comments. Then there was his wife being proud of America for the first time in her life. Of course he's buddies with Rev. Wright, et al., who don't even hide the fact that they HATE America.

In fact, wasn't it Bill Ayers who proudly burnt an American flag?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

And as they say, 'Can't see the forest through the trees'.

It's how you look at it, and you are totally one-sided.

Deny ignorance, and try to see the whole picture instead of just what you want.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join