It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having dreams that are stranger than normal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I had a weird dream last night (17th July/08), well this morning actually. I woke up at about 2.30 AM GMT ( I'm in the UK) , and got a drink, went for a biobreak. got back into bed and didn't go to sleep right away .
I dozed for about an hour or so.
My body started to vibrate slightly (tingling sensation) and I heard what can only be described as a loud wind noise.
Anyway after a little while it died down and I opened my eyes ( or at least thought I did) my vision was a little weird as it was like i was looking through a tube of somekind. The outline was blurry fading into black, but I could see vague images of metal objects , I saw a grill type of wall ( not a wall exaclty , more like a screen) then as I looked around I saw a metal swing door ( sounds funny but it looked like a chromed saloon door like you get in a western film) , Everything was 'chromed' or very polished. There was a light coming from the ceiling.
But my vision blacked out for a second then came back , a face appeared from the right side of my tubed vision.
All I can say is I thought 'she' and it looked and sounded like a she , her face was a light 'brown' almost like a halfcaste girl , youngish I'd say about 20-25 years old. Her features were very smooth, but the outline was a lot wider than a normal face I'd say percentagewise about 150% wider , the eyes elongated , longer than an orientals eyes. Her mouth was thin , almost like a slit (very thin lips). her hair I couldn't see.
Her face came very close to mine and all she said was 'Desist' ( the opposite of resist) so she was telling me to stop doing what I was doing. (whatever it was I was doing I have no idea) .
It felt as if I was strapped down to a operation / examination table of sorts. I wasn't uncomfortable, and not nervous, I actually said back to here 'hello friend'.
Then my vision blacked out and I woke up again at 3.53, I had to struggle to focus my eyes as I'm short sighted anyways

Maybe I've been on here too many times?

[edit on 18/7/2008 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
not me personally but my sister has been saying shes people in her dreams she reconizes but have never met aside from this she has said she sees those in her dreams in the day

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It's probably a coincidence, but although I usually don't remember my dreams, the past week they've been more vivid than usual and I have been remembering them. Nothing as exciting as the rest of the dreams posted here though.

In one, I was in my kitchen getting some sugar for my coffee, but all of a sudden the sugar disappears and there are two big black scorpions in the jar instead. I just kinda froze, not knowing what to do as they crawled out and went under the fridge. That's all I remember of that one...

Another one, I heard a noise outside and went to check it out. There was a black bear in the garden sniffing and digging around. I immediately look for the 2 stray cats that hang around my house, so I could bring them inside where they'd be safe, but one of them wasn't around. Then I woke up.

Interesting thread!
I've always liked hearing what other people are dreaming about.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yup last nights dream was wicked, vivid, and took me to the future...

In my dream I was with some discovery team or something, we had jeep rovers in the jungle with miniguns attached to the roof, at one point we were shooting at animals that tried to lash out and attack our rovers like dinosaurs or something, there was also catostrophic lightning and tornados...

Down the line there was a part where I broke into some house doing a raid or something with a shotgun, definitly shooting things again, it seems the dreams are getting more violent by the day...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My dreams have always been totally weird and nonsensical, they dont seem to follow a thread of sorts, random things just happen all over the place in them.

Like the last dream I can remember, I went to Mcdonalds with a mate and while I was ordering some food I saw this Korean general guy, so I killed him for some reason and took a samurai sword off him. Then I started walking home and saw a group of chavs. Somehow instinctively I knew that the chavs were friends with the Korean general and would recognize his sword. So I magicked a tablecloth out of nowhere and wrapped the sword up. Unfortunately the table cloth was too small and the tassel was hanging out of the end. Anyway as I was skirting the chavs, one of them yelled "Oi, is that so and so's sword!" and I yelled back something about buying it off the internet. Later on i was visited at my home by a scary man with a moustache, claming to be friends with the dead Korean general. He got me in some kinda finger grip and started pushing my fingers back to make me tell the truth.

I really think I'm getting oxygen starvation to my brain while I sleep that's giving me these crazy dreams.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have bee having this dream that I'm in a club and all these women are dancing around me and then I see all there faces look like demons, I get real scared and then I wake up. I want to say that I can just interpret this to being tempted, but I know that isn't it? I think maybe it just shows there are demons all around us? But I'm have more and more deams like this? I'd also had some strange dreams where I have a sore on my skin and feel a little pointy thing sticking out of it and when I pull it, its actually a feather I pull out of my skin? I full many of the out of the wound?? What is that about?

Mulder222

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Nope.

Thx for asking though.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"If PAC-MAN Had Affected US As Kid's , We'd All Be Running Around In Dark Rooms, Munching Pills And Listening To Repetitive Electronic Music.""

oh O!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satirical

"If PAC-MAN Had Affected US As Kid's , We'd All Be Running Around In Dark Rooms, Munching Pills And Listening To Repetitive Electronic Music.""

oh O!!!

Cheeky git , pinching my signature ...

and the above post ' CHAVS' they should all be culled, wearing their shell suits, and burberry baseball caps , twocking cars (Taking Without Owners Concent for you Americans) and all that.....
Totally Chavtasic.

and apparently its racist to call someone a 'chav'.
since when are 'chavs' a race?
They're pretencious little herberts who drink alcopops coz they cant afford real beer, and buy fake burberry coz real burberry wont sell to them...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
sorry, double post
[edit on 18-7-2008 by Anom3]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Anom3]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I actually had two strange dreams two days in a row, about a week ago.
I almost never remember my dreams, I even told my boyfriend about it, because they really stuck with me the whole day. I don`t remember them as clear now as I did the first days.

The first: I was in a big apartment somewere, it was a lot of people there, people I went to school with, friends, my boyfriend and some unknown people. It was a wery dark, creepy feeling in the apartment. In one of the rooms there was a guy, and for some reason we were apparently enemys, and he would try to kill me. There was a lot of fear and stress and I felt haunted.

Suddenly I got aware of something going on outside aswel, like there was a war and I coud see and hear bombs.
Ayway, in the end, me and my boyfriend jumped out the balcony in parachutes, and ran towards a car.

The creepiest thing about this dream is that after I woke up, and just lied there whit this stressful feeling still in my body, suddenly it was like I could vagly see the "bad guy" from my dreeam saying sorry, and it was like I believed him in a way..
I dunno...

The second dreem, was stressful in another way, I had this feeling of hurry, I got to get out and home, I was in a big building with alot of elevators, and it was like I couldnt get out for som reason..

Cool that others also have had strange dreams lately, all thoug it most likely doesent have any connection. But It would be cool if this is some kind of wakening up, that something is happening.

Sorry for the bad spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Talking of strange dreams I had one the other night about walking through Columbia, I've no idea why Columbia of all countries since I don't recall reading anything about it in recent weeks...

Anyway, the very next day The Open Championship started (golf) and there's some new Columbian player who after day 2 is in with a chance of winning it.

I think I should've put some money on him.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just had a weird one last night.

Dropped off the edge of the helideck from an offshore platform.

Landed in the sea, descended to the bottom, found I could breathe! An underwater city was there, went inside.

Met a pretty young girl (very white and with red/blonde hair). Got out of the underwater city and managed to get back on the rig.

The head honcho wasn't buying my story, but right at the end I found out he knew more than he let on!

Whether it means anything or not is up for debate.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I must say i had a crazy dream this moning it was so crazy that i woke up with my heart beating fast as # man ii thought it was realit was like 2mins know i must say i look at a lot of these websites because i believe in ufos and stuff i anit crazy but its a personal thing my peers dont know well any way i was outside looking up i could not see my actual body it was like was on top of a car or something i was veiwing the ski when i saw a jet fly buy it was kind of close but far enough away than it made a sharp right turn i saw the top of it with was camafloged with that ski blue like the air force that as it turened something else got my attion disc shaped ufo flew by as it flew by it droped down to like 2 feet away from me and stop right over top of me than i flet something i wSENT SCARED YET untill i woke up ive never had a dream like that man iam striaght from the hood west philly iam a college student ive seen a lot of # ive even seen people get shot think it ive seen it anyway just strange i dont dream much just once in a while never nothing like this weired!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I love having dreams about World War 3 since the topic interests me so much. One dream I had was a school with American troops hiding in it beside my building(which really exists), and the Russian military bombarded the hell out of it with tanks, it was night time, and I saw a black SUV pass which I knew was the Russian mafia. Then I had a dream where I was on top of a roof on some building above a town or a city on a hill, I was one of the enemies of the guys shooting an anti-tank gun so I was sneaking around behind some bushes to ambush them(kinda covert ops), and basiclly it was like those anti-aircraft guns the Germans used in WW2 with the four things firing except I think Americans were firing them. Then the most recent dream was a little bit crazy. I was apart of some paramilitary group and we were defending some place(with anti-aircraft miniguns) with other people from what looked like thousands upon thousands of US military helicopters which looked like they were black instead of a dark green shade. This is a bunch of dreams alongside some other wierd dreams I had about catastrophies. One of them made me feel a bit lonley afterwards when I woke up and was thinking about it, some sad tune was playing in the background, it was somewhere out of town in some rural area, people were working their farms including a cop, the grass was very green but I looked in the background it seemed dark and like a desert with some hills or something and there was this, like amongst other dreams which have this same thing, darkness with some type of sunset where the sun is just an orange area amongst complete darkness, and then I saw myself in some house clearly visable from the outside, maybe this means rebuilding after some catastrophie? Then other dreams involving nuclear attacks, one that made me feel burning in my dream...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
im psyhic and some of my dreams are very disturbing.
VERY !!

to the stage where i cant get back to sleep. its not fear i feel, its other emotions.
like being upset, angry etc

i cant say lately its got worse, as iv always had this.

they say when asleep you can hear the dead.
maybe thats what dreams are ?

we will never know..
...well we might when we croak

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Great thread!

My dreams have been lucid-ridden for nearly three weeks now. And I mean, really lucid, like the type where the moment I lay down, I'm in dream mode. I enjoy these occasions, but at the same time, I never feel rested, as though I've been exerting myself all night.

Two really stand out in my mind:

* A week ago, I dreamt I was in my old childhood neighborhood, walking up a street to what we popularly called "fire break" (and it was in reality, a literal firebreak, a long swath of clearing between our neighborhood and the forest beyond as a way to stop potential forest fires). Today that forest is now a neighborhood.

Anyway, I'm at the apex of the hill, and I see the ground cracking around me, and lava seeping up through the fissures. I feel the rumblings of the unsteady earth, and I knew this area was about to blow into a caldera volcano.

The explosion happens, I grab my eldest son, and comfort him as the eruption commences and I tell my wife we need to flee or we'll be buried in ash.

This dream disturbs me somewhat because dreams of explosions (nuclear or otherwise) seem to preceed bad news on my eldest son's health. I've made mention of this on this thread. Luckily nothing yet, and we're supposed to have a final check up with a child neurologist this coming Monday for, what we ultimately hope, will be an "all clear" evaluation. But we're praying and I'm dreading due to my dream. Of course, I had a huge blow out with my wife again, so maybe that's what the dream was about.

* The second dream(s) occurred the past two nights, and these border on the similarly out-of-body dreams. I thought I awoke two nights ago, wondering the time and whether I needed to get up for work. I strained to look at the clock on the fireplace mantel (I'm sleeping on the couch, a very long story) and it's reading six a.m. Relieved I have a half hour, I lay back down and settle in, only to open my eyes immediately and realize I'm late for work.

Something similar happened this morning. I hear, clear as day, who I believe is my wife whispering my name loudly to wake me up. I rise on the couch, sit up and see her taking laundry out of the dryer. She kinda gives me a half-pinched smile, and I rest my head on the couch cushion for a moment, summoning up the energy to rise and go into the shower. I even say in my mind, five more minutes.

Next thing I know, I wake up, it's nearly 8 a.m. (late again) and I rush upstairs to get ready. My wife is sleeping soundly on the bed. She rouses hearing me undress and I ask her if she did laundry this morning. She says no, and that she didn't try waking me either.

Strange. Very lucid and very realistic.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

How about sharing one or two of your dreams? Briefly, of course!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I've noticed.

I no longer get that quality sleep I once enjoyed. Sure, I still sleeper longer but I'm still "blah." Plus, the dreams... way stranger than the ones I'm accustomed too!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Been having apocalyptic dreams for a number of years now and they are increasing moreso lately.

When I get them they usually come in bursts of about three weeks. Often, strangely, they continue through the three week period like a serial. I have seen countless horrors and often wake up feeling very tired from them.

The themes of the dreams seem to repeat so it's quite easy to explain them.

They often start with going outside and seeing hundreds of UFOs, disk shaped and even more exotically shaped ships. Often there are fighter jets engaging them.

Debris rains down everywhere and no one is safe, not even people in their homes. This results in myself (in the dream) and occasionally others getting into a car and doing everything to get out of the combat zone.

Problem is, going into the countryside there is often a giant creature of some kind. Sometimes it is like the biological creature from Cloverfield (imagine my surprise when I saw a similar theme from a dream as a movie) and other times it's a Giant mechanical robot/creature. They're always destructive and terrifying.

Often, at this point the car runs out of fuel and "we" (random group of people not familiar to me) frantically search for another usable vehicle with accessible keys. This involves going into houses to look for the keys. Whilst doing this there is the sense that mass casualties have left a huge void as the houses are often empty and deserted.

One particularly unpleasant variance of this dream involved a group of people inside a house that were all huddled together. We (my group) was frantically trying to get them to leave with us because the creature was coming. I remember the others refusing to move saying they were sick of running and just wanted to die.

The last memory of this dream is driving away, looking back and seeing them all get squished and munched. Rage and pure terror was mixed and I think this factor helped burn the memory into my mind.

This dream cycle often ends in mountanous/foresty areas where survivors set up small camps and short wave radio is used for updates in regard to the location of agressors, i.e. giant creatures and agressive UFOs.

Fear and fatigue are predominent feelings from the dream when I wake.

This has been going on for a few years now and are quite odd. I can wake up many times in a night from this and yet going back to sleep just continues the dream. Likewise, when they start, I can expect them to continue, each night, like a series for a period of time.

I also remember a conversation from one of the dreams that for some reason has ingrained itself in my mind. I remember saying to someone (in dream) "What do you do when there's a giant creature rampaging trying to get you?"

The answer from the dream avatar...

"Think like a mouse"

And I'm never that clever or profound...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join