It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having dreams that are stranger than normal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I’ve been seeing comment in different threads on how their dreams are stranger than usual (in the recent weeks). As the threads they’re replying to focus on something else than dreams, I thought of opening this to see what exactly you’re dreaming about and see whether anyone who has them (strange dreams) share something similar.

My recent dreams involved the following:

It was the afternoon and I was sitting in my balcony that overlooked Tijuana (TJ). As it is a city itself (obviously in diff. country), lights would be aplenty when nighttime hit. So, as it was getting late, lights where turning on. When it finally was night, I could see that only about 40 percent of TJ was blacked out, which looked weird and eerie. So I decide to go back inside and turn on the TV. As I did, a news show showed off a map of the US. The person (anchor) was telling us that majority of the states were to suffer the “disappearance” considering the patterns that was noticeable.

There were no explanations, and the only way the disappearance was being reported was by everyday people. Not only were the disappearances happening in the US but around the world (which explained why TJ looked the way it did).

The second part of my dream involved the weather.

I was living in an apartment with my parents including the brother and sister. I was watching over the door that wasn’t properly locked and which I was nervous about. All I “knew” in my dream was that something was going to happen and if you were caught being outside, something bad would take place. Now while I was inside the house, I knew that if the door wasn’t properly locked (the whole lock was broken) everything in the house would suffer, so I had to keep the door closed myself.

My brother and sister would tell me that people were still walking outside as if nothing would happen, and I knew the reason why: people didn’t believe that something couldhappen. Just then we felt that “something” was coming and I took hold of the door handle. It was then that we started hearing people screaming only to hear them be silenced. I knew what was happening. The air or some tornado (looked liked it) was sucking up only people and not things.

As I had expected the door I was holding was trying to be opened. I knew it was the “wind” that was doing it. I don’t know how long it was happening but it felt like ten minutes of struggling to keep the door closed. I was freaking out (obviously) as I was getting tired. Just then it stopped and we “knew” it was safe to go outside.

Everything looked the same when we stepped out. Except that people were no longer walking around. Only few (from as far as I could see) were now stepping outside their homes.

That’s about it.

I never had dreams involving world “catastrophic” events. So it’s a first.

How about you?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I agree. Lately (in the past month alone) my dreams have been very vivid, very strange and I have no trouble remembering them at all. It is very weird to see that I am not alone here. I thought it was just me.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, I have a friend who is somewhat psychic and she has been having some pretty off the wall dreams. She has been seeing some pretty scary, generally spiritual entities, stuff in her dreams. Whether or not this is a prelude to what is actually going to happen, I really couldn't say.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xDove007

I also have been having these dreams for months, I just thought it was me Glad to hear others are having it to. I also saw these tornado's sucking up just people. I told my hubby about it and he was scarred big time. I also have dreamed about friends being washed away in a flood. Where there should be no water.

Hilda

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I have never had a "normal" dream.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

Dreams tend to be not normal.

I'm specifically asking if they had dreams that are not "the norm" when it comes to your own personal dream pattern.

Just like I mentioned before, I NEVER had dreams where something happens to the world. Which I can say is not the normal pattern of the dreams I usually dream about.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah i've had a couple...i had one where i was laying in bed when i heard a loud bang and ran outside to my porch, it was night and it was a full moon there were several people standing outside, the moon turned blood red and then it looked like a thousand bats or bugs or something came out fom behind the moon, well after looking in awe as whatever was coming out from behind the moon got closer and closer, one of the being started flying towards me, ( the best description i could give was that it was a purple or purple-grayish demon), as it got closer i started fighting with it, out of fear, then a guy standing next to me started to run saying "what are you doing? run or else its gonna kill you...then the thing ripped my ear off
....then i woke up....my initial reaction upon waking was "what the hell?"

[edit on 17-7-2008 by AgnosticX]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Cant say I have had any strange ones . Last night dreamt I worked with the people from the show the office,lol

I have had apocalyptic dreams in the past though. Its been a while.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Normally I don't remember my dreams, but during the last week I have been having the wackiest dreams.

The one that really stuck with me was a few days ago. I was sitting on my front porch with my little boy and we were watching cars pass by the house. After a few moments a pick-up truck slowed down and stopped in front of us.

It was my little boy as an adult. No doubt. He even acknowledged himself.

He said a few things that are personal, but the one that really hit home was that I would help a lot of people really soon, but I need to be REALLY careful.

He then said that he had to go...

He'd tell me he saw me... and drove off with a wave.

Too weird. Time travel in my dreams.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I dream of ordinary things, places, people but sometimes there is some sort of weired psychological, mystical, high strangeness component.

I was sitting in a Pizza Hut having a salad and waiting for my waitress to bring my usual, Pepperoni and green chili. My order never varies, salad, pepperoni and green chili pizza and a large Dr. Pepper.

The waitress arrives, a cute little thing with short hair, but instead of a pizza, she brings me Kraft Macaroni and cheese and an ice tea. I tell her that perhaps that order belongs to someone else. She insists that it is my order and if I don't like it, I can just take my business elsewhere.

So I do and settle for a couple slimjims and a bottle of Corona at the 7/11.

see I told you it was weired, because in my dreamland, there are no 7/11s, just Quickie Stops. I felt as if I had inadvertently slipped into someone Else's dream that somehow strangely paralleled mine except for some minor details and one major change. I had transformed into a female. Now in real life I am a brutally handsome, virile male with no transgender tendency's whatsoever.

Stranger than normal....yeah, I guess!!!

Sorry that my dream didn't fortell the end of the human race, but you asked.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For the past month I have been having lots of really bad dreams. It does seem to have gotten worse lately.

But, I suppose at any given point in time there will be a subset of people who are having bad dreams so I don't know if it is a 'thing' or not.

The main themes of mine seem to be violence, discovering infidelity and persecution or attempts by an unseen entity to keep me from spreading information.

I also dreamed that I had a shootout with Sean Connery and he tagged me in the arm with a 9mm. Not sure what that's about.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
the last couple months i have been having very strange dreams, and usually i cant remember them, but the last couple months i remember clearly.....although i have a really hard time describing them to anyone. not sure why, i usually tell people about them but its like i just cant tell about it like it happened. know what i mean? one dream i had that i remember very clearly still, it happened about a month and a half ago.

there was these two men, they seemed very evil, they were in the backseat of my wifes van and my wife was driving, my kids were in the van also....they told me to get in or they would take my family, so i got in...they kept pinching me, just really annoying me, and laughing about it. so i told my wife to pull over, i pulled one of the evil men out of the van, and suddenly my truck was there, not sure why...and i started beating the hell out of this evil man....smashing his head into my truck, kneeing him in the head, his head actually split open and things were falling out of his head, but he just kept laughing at me, the other evil man got out of the van and i told my wife i cant kill him, just go.....so she drove off. there is more to it than that but i don know how to describe it.

anyone else have dreams that you just cant describe like that?

also worth noting that before i had this dream i had one similar but there was only one evil man in it....its pretty freaky but i dont let it bother me.
peace

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lots of semi-lucid dreams about being with a lot of people either at a gathering or an event. Semi-lucid meaning I know I'm in a dream and can explore a bit,but someone in the dream can come along talk to me and that can change the direction on which the dreams go.The most recent on was about there were a lot of people gathered in a grassy area in the middle of an interstate highway.For some reason I had to get over there to them,but there was a lot of traffic with many lanes going in the same direction.

There was a lot of traffic and the cars and trucks were moving very fast. The fear of crossing the highway was very high,but the need to get to those people gathered was overwhelming. I took a chance and with a lot of careful running,stopping and dodging I made it across then I woke up.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The weirdest part of the dreams I find is waking up, seeing a merge between the dream world and the real world while it fades out of reality.
I have seen a few things and am keeping it to my self a bit.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
The weirdest part of the dreams I find is waking up, seeing a merge between the dream world and the real world while it fades out of reality.
I have seen a few things and am keeping it to my self a bit.
Oh yeah that is weird when that happens even thou I know I'm dreaming for a brief moment I have no idea where I am.
Another weird thing is falling asleep with tv on still hearing it,then start dreaming to the dialog of whats on the tv.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yes a few days ago I had a strange dream about something happening to the world. Which is unusual really.

Just to make it quick, basically, I was outside in a city, I remember some sort of giant ship, or mother ship. When I asked people why there was a giant ship right above us, everyone in the city was looking up at it, like it was normal and they were expecting it and like I was silly to ask, they were not scared or anything.

Then suddenly it shot out something independance style. And I saw that it travel all across the world(same way a nuclear bomb travels), at that moment everything went black/dark all over the world, for some reason my body appeared to glow at that moment.

After we were left to survive the aftermath of rubble etc.

Thats it, don't usually have that kind of dream. Only other time was a dream of being in a war zone in a city, in the western world, tanks all of that etc.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i had a wild dream last night. one like never before. was short though ok here goes= i was being arrested by police, not sure why but i was holding my cordless phone in one hand and a flashlite in the other, the police car lights were flashing when all of a sudden there was a big bang and i noticed the light on my cordless phone went out and my flash went out and well everything for that matter, was like a emp or something knocked out everything. then in the sky we noticed a image being displaced kinda like the wierd ufo images where different colors and shapes were forming. then i was sitting by the river with a couple other people wondering what was going on then something big splashed out from the water and i woke up. not sure what that all was about but was wild seeing that image in the dark sky as there were no lights anywhere. what does this mean , i have no idea!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've been getting strange and vivd dreams for about a week or so now, and usually i don't remember them, in 3 of the dreams i was finding it hard to remain conscious, staggering around and falling over like i was drunk or drugged and losing consciousness then coming round and continuing the dream.

A strange one occured yesterday, i was with friends and people i knew, and i was asked for my opinion on a subject....this is exactly the question i was asked "How would you feel if you saw an adult give just half a teaspoon of heroin to a child" to which i replied "i'd be bleeping angry about it" i was then verbally attacked and shunned by everyone in the dream, i was quite distressed thinking 'whats wrong with me? why is it wrong to feel like that?'

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

OK that's kind of creepy...

I had a dream last night I was pulled over for speeding on a country road and then suddenly there were all of these unmarked cars and a guy introduced himself as the 'Secret Police'.

They tore my car apart and kept asking me what my Sirius satellite radio was and why I had the antenna. They accused me of trying to scan secret government frequencies and they arrested me and basically told me that I was going to jail for being a part of some make-believe plot to overthrow the government.

CREEPY!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have been having some intense dreams for a couple weeks now as well. However, only one of them has seemed unusual to me.

About a week ago I had the dream. I was in some small town that wasn't familiar, and there was a woman with me. I didn't recognize her either, but she had the same name as a girl I had a crush on in college. It's a unique pronunciation of a common name, I think that's why it caught my attention and I remembered it. Anyway, we were wandering around the town when, out of the blue, sirens started going off. Not police sirens, but rather the ones that you hear when severe weather is rolling in and people need to be alerted.

Right after the sirens started the military presence showed up, which seemed strange to me. (I should note that this dream was somewhat lucid in that I was able to realize that some of the things that were going on did not make sense in the grand scheme of things.) The woman and I raced for shelter, and from the safe spot I was able to see the first bombs land. They were not small explosions, but big mushroom clouds. I assumed they were nukes. They were extremely loud, and everything shook each time one blew up even though they were a fair distance away. I realized also that the bombs weren't actually hitting the town I was in, but were raining down around it.

After quite a while the sirens stopped and we were told it was safe to go outside again, as if the shabby old shed was going to protect the group of us who had gone into it. This is when I started to strongly suspect that something was not right. First the military shows up almost immediately after the sirens started. Then the bombs didn't actually hit the town. And now the military was able to know when the bombs would cease.

This is when I made a conscious decision (the real me, not the me in the dream) to question an officer about what had went on. The woman I was with didn't want me to, but I did it anyway. I asked him how they knew the bombs were stopped, and how they showed up right away when the sirens started. The guy just told me to get out of the way and didn't answer me. And I think that's when I woke up.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join