It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having dreams that are stranger than normal?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i dremt i was taking a shower leaning forward under the water as it fell on the back of my head. i looked out the door ( i personally keep the door open in my bathroom ) and there was a dangly little gray not in the middle of the hall but near the wall looking at me. i tensed up and thought oh crap here comes the telepathy part, and instead i grabbed that pole that holds the shower curtain and i went running after him down the hall trying to wack him with it
...i realized that he was not here to hurt me however and just wanted to initiate contact since he knew how much i needed to satisfy my curiosity for ET life. i dont remember being on the craft i just remember what it felt like as we flew at 90 degree turns, it felt amazing. then i went on to have all sorts of other violent dreams etc..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
YES!! For the past three months at least my dreams have been extreem. I usually have lucid dreams maybe once a month, but as of late it seems they're all lucid. Whats really strange is I keep dreaming about a certain place, it's like a country that I'm alway's in when I dream. The landmarks are alway's the same, the geography, even the people. It's almost as though I enter an entirely different realm.

The two most significant places I seem to visit in my little dream world is a gas station in the foothills near an enormous chazm, and an abandond mental institution in a forest. The people at the gas station all know me, but I don't know them, well I do know them but only in the dream. They are not people I know here in reality. We alway's go ghost hunting in the hospital, it's like the thing to do.

Whats even stranger is the conversations we have. We talk about the fact that we're dreaming. Everyone there knows that they are in a dream, and we all discuss it.

Even all my friends have been having weird dreams lately. I even had a dream a few weeks ago and one of my friends was there. The next day we were talking about the weird dreams we were having, and it turns out he had the same dream... We were ghost hunting in the hospital.

Anyone else been sharing dreams?

Anyone else dreaming about this location with the hospital on the hill?? It's well coverd by the forest, and there's a waterfall next to it. Down the hill on the dirt road is a school. Does this seem familiar to anyone???

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nope. I never dream. Well, if I do I don't remember them. Must be boring dreams

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I had a dream last night that I was with the owner of my company. She was driving backwards running from the cops. She was running over curbs and hiting all kinds of stuff. The funny thing is I wasn't surprised or scared at all in my dream. It was like it was normal.

When the cops finally caught up with her she fought them like a mad woman. Mind you this is a 60 year old woman, very refined and elegant but she was fighting like a nut.

The cops just left me standing there. I was wondering how I was going to get back across the country. I think I was without money... Anyway, that was way out of the norm for me...

Edit to Add:
Not that his is recent but when I was about 4 or 5 I had a nightmare that still lives with me to this day.

I was in a place with a big tire or what I would now call an innertube. It seems like I was in the field behind my house but I had no reference as I was inside. I just felt that was where I was. I am not sure why that is so significant but I remember it like it was yesterday. It was an illuminated place but more dark than light... Someone or something was holding a needle and thats where it stops. I am not sure what it meant if anything but my mom work me up screaming. That one freaked me out so much I still think of it on a regular basis.

Another wierd dream I remember was being chased by the Chinese Army with my sister. We were on a dam and we got to the end. My sister asked what we were going to do and I pushed her off. Then I woke up. I got a chuckle out of that one because I saw my sisters face before I came to... That was funny!

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I had a dream last night of a talking shark with braces. He slap me on my behind. Which was weird because he didn't have any hands. But the strangest part of my dream was when he ask if I have ever gave myself a stranger then he ask me if I like popsicles

So yeah, my dreams are getting stranger than normal.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've had only a couple of memorable dreams in the past 3 or 4 months.

The first dream was really short. I just remeber looking out my window towards our pool (we have a giant kiddie pool that is great for hot days). Standing at the pool was what I can only describe as a Grey Satyr. He turned and looked at me and the dream ended. I woke up quite startled. The most vivid dream I've had quite possibly ever. It had me saying a prayer right away.

The second dream was only a few days ago. The whole dream was about me in some kind of college setting; only weirder. Somehow, I was setting up my room and I cut my index finger. Badly, if it wasn't as big as it was (in this dream my hands were bigger then they really are) it would have been gone but, as it was, it was cut to ribbons. So I'm wandering the halls looking for help but everyone is ignoring me. Finally I meet some Freshman girl and she took me to the nurse for her dorm but they weren't there. So she drove me all over the place looking for a nurse. We finally find one and the dream is over. I had the palpable feeling of love for this girl the whole time. It was weird, almost like I was cheating on my wife.

I wish I could draw becasue the Grey Satyr was ominous looking. Still spooky to think about it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
one thing that has been happening to me is i dont have dreams evry night actualy i never have dreams and recently i have been having these really scary dreams wich are realy out of the norm and the weird thing is i cant remember right down to detail what it was about but i still have the feeling of what ever was happening so i can generaly put things together its just always involving death,intensity,all kinds of emotions and while its happening i feel aware of whats happening around me and i can look at my surroundings in vivid detail then when i wake its like everything i saw smelled felt was like blocked and then i dwell on it for days and things start to come together but never in detail its bothering me honestly, and there was this site where i read a theory about dreams being a reality in their own world a world that we are only able to experience in the most complex of ways i dont know it thats true but i do know dreams are not something to just forget about. peace

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
another thing is when i was young my dreams were in detail and i would remember almost everything i remember having a dream about being at a party and some random girl i never seen before started pointing at me and telling some guy ya thats him and the guy walks up to me and stabs me and as im freaking out i wake up and in the spot where i was stabed in my dream it was hurting like there was pain there wich i think was weird. but now my dreams feel blocked but while its happening im aware and conscious its not like im watching a movie type thing im participating and makeing choices has anyone felt this way also???

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've not necessarily been having dreams that are stranger than the usual ones, but they have been particularly vivid recently. Last night I had a bit of a scare from a dream in which this girl tricked me into footing the tab at an expensive restaurant (where I had to wear a house jacket and everything), then she left to "go to the bathroom" and I was promptly chased by law agents (I thought) who apparently she worked with. It was like one of those Chris Hansen set-ups, except I ended up killing both of my persuers. Then I got even more worried because I'd have to be a fugitive.

Then the other day I had one that involved going to outer space and fighting in a big ground battle against a huge army of allied science fiction baddies. They had laser guns and I had a samauri sword.

I had another one about a psychopath chasing me through my office.

I can't remember much of the details, but the general feeling of all of these dreams sticks with me. Fear.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well i had one where i was in a large windowed room in a white city inside a ship with a transparent top, it was in orbit and from my room i could see a huge silvery- white glowing orb on the other side of earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have the recurring "raining nuclear missile" dream witht he mushroom clouds and all. I always seem to be in a pick up truck with a couple of friends trying to drive away from it, but it seems there is no escape. Just a ton of missiles raining down everywhere.

During this dream, there are times when have felt some sort of heat or warmth on my skin (in the dream) but nothing around me gets vaporized. It is a very creepy dream. I really hate hit, but I always remember it vividly for days after. (no pun intended)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
yes i have been actually just last night i was dreaming about clocks i was in a room full of clocks and they were all rotating anti-clockwise, strangest dream ive had in a while yet it felt so real

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It's called subliminal projections, all people are exposed to are negative images and environments. We naturally project those feelings of negativity that we are continuously exposed to into mental images that come out during REM sleep. That is all, nothing more, nothing less, period. Each of us associate these negative thoughts that are soaked up in our minds, willingly or not, with things we are familiar with. Me, I was a Marine in the gulf, often times my negativity takes form in my dreams as being deploy over there again knowing well that I'm not supposed to be going, I'm out of the service. If one hears a news cast about inclement weather, paying attention or not, my mind hears and stores it for later, possibly to be projected in dream. All we are hearing now days is rumors of wars, earthquakes, you read this site and you get all types of alien nonsense, it all registers and is projected in our dreams as our minds naturally unwind, as it should, as we sleep. Fact. We each have our own ways of imaging in our dreams. Science has been studying this for decades and proven that the more you think about dreams the more you will remember (the more lucid you will be). I bet you will have a dream of a large tree within the next three nights, there will be a strange man under or around that tree. You will have a dream about a large tree and a stranger...just wait a see.

Your concern about people having more lucid, strange dreams is a self fulfilling prophecy. Remember you'll see a large tree and a stranger...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think is is really weird that someone always posts new threads on here about things that I am feeling at the time...for almost a month now I have been having very strange dreams, I will share one now.

About 3 weeks ago I had a dream I was in a very large house with many other people just going about their lives, when this little girl of about 4 years old comes up to me to play or talk...I usually don't do well with kids...but I for some reason felt like it was up to me to take care of this girl and I kinda felt like she was my own daughter....more dream happens I can't recall....then I notice that when the little girl stands up from the chair she is in it is covered in blood, I look at the girl and her underwear are soaked in blood and she looks pale in the face...I pick her up to take her to a room where I knew there was going to have a bed inside and when I opened the door there were 5 or 6 evil looking dogs eating a person on the bed, while they were tearing this person apart they were shaking as if they were so full of rage and couldn't tear them apart any meaner...then the dogs notice me and the girl and they start to jump at her and I keep her away from them and I come face to face with one of the dogs and I make an inhuman growl/bark at it and it looks at me with hatred and it's face starts to change into something like a demon.....then I wake up.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Vandermast]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I've had stranger dreams lately too. One I remember rather clearly from a month or so ago was the most interesting.

I never before have dreamed about aliens/ufos, but this dream was the first time. I was part of a small group who had gained the ability to speak to each other telepathically and use other mind-related skills, and our group of about 8 or so was meeting with what appeared to be a Grey alien, although it looked more white than Grey and was very friendly. There were two of them that I remember and they were talking to us about how they are going to reveal themselves to the public soon and how humanity is going to change soon and that we are gifted to be able to use telepathy so early. Along with this they also asked for our help in negotiations and other such things since we were supposedly "gifted."
What really made this dream trippy is not only was it the first time I dreamed about aliens or anything of that nature, but that it was so vivid and real and that I still remember the faces of the people in the dream fairly well, and I think I noticed/found one of them in real life.

Deja vu from the future, maybe?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wow, sweet dreams everybody!

Here's one that I had that lives with me today. It was so profound I documented it.

Wed Morning 4/23/08 3:54am. I wake up and look at the clock, and I think, "It's early, but maybe I should just get up." I have no memory of going back to sleep.

I find myself sitting in my recliner chair in front of my big screen TV, and it's on. It suddenly goes black, and a half circle of stars appears. I hear: "Stand by for frequency vibrational test." It was along the lines of an emergency broadcast signal. It was familiar to me, so I wasn't confused. So, I just sat there waiting to see what it was all about.

The next thing was a voice, and I think it was actually inside my head, and it said: "We need to check your new system out, would it be OK if we test you with a higher vibrational frequency now?" They asked for my permission!

You don't know me, but I'm always up for stuff, so I said: "Oh yes, no problem, let's do this, I'm ready."

I barely got the word yes out, before I was gently laid out flat in my chair. I was then levitated, and very gently stretched. My whole body was just stretched a little bit. I felt someone, or something touch my right heel, and WHAM! Honestly, I don't have a reference from which to describe the feeling. I can tell you it was profound. It was as if a few million points of my body just lit up, and that included my thoughts. I just remember thinking: "Whoa! Whoa! WOW! OH MY GOD! "I can handle this, but I'm going to need time to get used to it." I then become aware of myself, and I realize everything was vibrating except my awareness. It's like a golf ball in my brain, and it is completely still, while everything is vibrating around it. Perfect stillness. It was as if everything inside me was moving, but I wasn't moving outside. I had the thought that energy has always been doing this to me, but I was so used to it, I couldn't feel it. With a new vibration, I could feel every single vibrational point in my being. Describing it doesn't do it justice.

I remember hearing: "OK, that's good." I had the feeling it worked perfectly, and I woke up in my bed. I can't tell you how I felt. I started shouting: "What the hell?" "What just happened to me?" I'm like: "How in the world could I even dream this up?" "Where does this stuff come from?" It was maybe one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

I can still feel what it felt like.

I've had some other ones too, and each time I can't find a connection to how I could have even come up with it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Wow!, that vibrational thing in your dream reminds me of one of the dreams I had last year...I had finally got around to watching the new Charlie And The Chocolate Factory movie with Johnny Dep.
The dream happened a couple of weeks after seeing the movie, and in the dream I guess I was Charlie because I was in the elevator with Wonka but it was just me and him, and when he told me to press the button that he had not pressed yet, I pressed it and we started to move slowly upwards then gradually got faster and faster until I felt like my legs were going to buckle underneath me, then we were going so fast that everything inside the elevator came apart into billions of tiny balls of light that swirled around everywhere, I remember being able to feel myself in every little ball that was part of me and thinking that this was too much for me to take, I could feel absolutely everything the speed, the dissemilation(sp) of my body into small bits, and I felt like I was going to pass out.....then I woke up.
Not the same as your dream...but the being able to feel as if your body was "lit up" in a million places feels about the same way as I did.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I've been having very vivid dreams lately, some set in familiar situations, some that are far out, some even psychadelic. I think Ieven had a taste of lucid dreaming last night. I've been having these vivid dreams for about 2 weeks or so, EVERY night. I kind of like them though, theyre fun.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandermast

Yes, it sounds very similar to my dream. You feel every point of vibration. It's not like an electrical shock, but more like a new intensity in an old feeling. Lighter in weight.

My dreams have been so real, I could stay in them. I dreamed I was dead in another dimension, but they wouldn't let me stay. I was gently nudged to keep moving by a small dog, and it would not let me stay.

I do believe I may have died in my sleep, but it wasn't my time.

I can remember every detail of it. And, again, I can't figure out how I could have come up with this stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xDove007

The first dreams that disturbed me happened in my teens but i forgot them.

Then 3 years ago, i had them again.

They were similar, some exact copies, some "continuations"

1) running at night, through ruins, with a small band of people

2) going back to my family home, rebuilt with sticks and odds and ends, the ground brown, more bare, and it was cold. abnormally.

3) militia on the corners of my old town. friendly, but aloof.

4) middle of the night harried highway trip, the highways oddly empty of cars, with (you guessed right) a nuclear flash behind us by some miles.

5) far off in the horizon, a wave. that has repeated multiple times. in multiple east coast locations i am familiar with.

the sedona shaman thought i was on to something. i hope i am not.
after all, there has to be some flux in the future by definition.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join