It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having dreams that are stranger than normal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide
YES!! For the past three months at least my dreams have been extreem. I usually have lucid dreams maybe once a month, but as of late it seems they're all lucid. Whats really strange is I keep dreaming about a certain place, it's like a country that I'm alway's in when I dream. The landmarks are alway's the same, the geography, even the people. It's almost as though I enter an entirely different realm.

The two most significant places I seem to visit in my little dream world is a gas station in the foothills near an enormous chazm, and an abandond mental institution in a forest. The people at the gas station all know me, but I don't know them, well I do know them but only in the dream. They are not people I know here in reality. We alway's go ghost hunting in the hospital, it's like the thing to do.

Whats even stranger is the conversations we have. We talk about the fact that we're dreaming. Everyone there knows that they are in a dream, and we all discuss it.

Even all my friends have been having weird dreams lately. I even had a dream a few weeks ago and one of my friends was there. The next day we were talking about the weird dreams we were having, and it turns out he had the same dream... We were ghost hunting in the hospital.

Anyone else been sharing dreams?

Anyone else dreaming about this location with the hospital on the hill?? It's well coverd by the forest, and there's a waterfall next to it. Down the hill on the dirt road is a school. Does this seem familiar to anyone???

I know about a place in norway, where it is a mental hospital, It is "famus" to be hunted. It is in the forest, I have only been there 1 time so i don`t know if there is a waterfall near by. there is a mountain not far away from the hospital though. There is house for old people down the dirt road, but not sure about any school. Its possible there was a school there though. Her is a link about some people that have Researched the place www.shinigamipeople.com...

i had a crazy dream myself not long ago that aliens showed them selv to the world, in the dream i could not belive my eyes, because it was so unreal! I Thought it was real in the dream. They came from the sky with big ships and stuff, there was ufos everywhere! It sounds very simpel and boring but it was so real! I woke up from the dream thinking that this realy happend, then the next sec i understood that it was just a dream!

Sorry for possible grammar errors.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wouldn't call this a dream more a vision.

It's like I am in a village that is maybe up somewhat in a mountain observing, I see in another not so distant mountain a hugh explosion and snow and debree flying high in the air then to the left of that another hugh explosion like the last and this continued for several hugh explosions. I watched and thought to myself I was right after all. The people are running and I am in a Valley area now watching to men with paper and pencil writing numbers furiously calculating whatever.

I opened my eyes and thought why didn't I try and take notice to where this was so I closed my eyes and asked, where was this and shortly there after I heard one word, Beijing

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am a regular lucid dreamer, having them around once a week... however for the past few weeks I have had a dramatic increase in my lucid dreams until the point where I am now having many lucid dreams every night. I think it is curious how there are so many other people having the same experience, I do believe people are starting to awaken to reality and getting in touch with their consciousness.

I see dreams as our consciousness travelling to other realms/dimensions etc... the things that are often seen in my lucid dreams are out of this world, things I cannot even begin to comprehend are presented to me in my lucid dreams, so I am unsure how somebody could say that it was my mind making it up.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's one I just had a couple of months ago that was one of my more intense in recent memory(and I run into ET's & spirits from time to time):

El Diablo de C Drive:

Date: 05-1-08

Last night was a very unique experience as I had not dealt directly with a negative entity in quiet sometime. I was going through what I thought appeared to be the normal “mish-mash” of concepts etc while dreaming. I was moving between scenes that seemed somewhat familiar conceptually but they where different this time. In particular I was lucid with a lot of focus for what I thought was no good reason. It was hard to pin-point where I was other then the fact I was able to go “home” very easily by walking across the street from wherever I was at any given time, going through a certain series of doors etc. It reminded at first somewhat of the ol’ hotel but not quiet as it also looked like outside my house sometimes, sometimes like part of my grandma’s old neighborhood, and sometimes someplace completely new to me.

There where a lot of other people there all the time sometimes it was people in my life, family, friends, my wife, etc and sometimes they where just people. Some of them I recognized as being from around the area although I do not know them. I was moving around these different locations that where bridged together by certain “rooms” or “scenes” so I do not have complete recall of all the various places I was at. I noticed though, I was fully lucid inside a “mish-mash” which isn’t too common for me to sit in that state long as it gets somewhat tire-some. I noticed however after so long people would just start freaking out and getting scared. I noticed there was always a noise associated with this too that sounds somewhat like the “hemi-sync” sound tracks that sync your brain operations up.

At one point I realize I appear to not be in a “mish-mash’ anymore but running around the area astrally. However I seemed to be synced up to the trail of this “devil” as some of the bystanders would remark or tell me. I had to be ready to shift into almost any type of scene and hit the group running on the trail of this thing. No matter where it went, eventually it brought fear and chaos with it. I could see it tormenting some with fire from it’s hand. It would get it’s fill at one location and sort of vanish. To me the scene would switch gently to certain reoccurring conceptual locations which would then trans morph into a new location. I noticed that a “store” was getting common to see, and so was a bridge of some kind. I also noticed hills and a road that kept coming up in transition of all these scenes. The very interesting part was that the more I sensed any kind of fear from myself, it would draw closer to me. Sometimes if I didn’t watch out I could forget I was dreaming and momentarily “care” about what’s going on and sort of “fall back asleep”, but it was brief instants only(two at most). There was one time that I remember vividly because it was just so cool to feel the tension of getting away in a car really.
Figured I was there I might as well have a bit of fun too but almost let it turn into an “adventure” dream which wasn’t what this was about. But whoever was in the car with me probably appreciated it I’m sure.

During these transitions I would see the demon thing pop in and out of that reality to mess with people at random. It would appear with a purple and red flash and the thing itself was sort of a khaki color. It had the whole “goat leg” thing going for him but it wasn’t hairy at all, very learn and muscular with a sort of elongated dragon-like head maybe about 6.5 feet tall. I recognized who the antagonist in the area was now and I figured I’d try to get in closer to this guy and try to dissuade him from tormenting for the night. So I started letting myself be part of some of the “running away” scenes that where happening everywhere trying to draw him closer to me specifically. At one point I think he realized this and started sort of “booting me out” of those events and I would drop back in those transition places. The more I tried to hone in the location the more I would get locked in to the transitory scenes, which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I wanted to see what’s up with this demon #. So I knew in order to bring him closer I need to fear or something. I was at the bridge area which was grey and stone if I remember correctly when I noticed animals crossing the bridge, and then I would hear that noise again. In the “distance” I could hear more of khaki-demon-boy tormenting unsuspecting people.

The animals themselves where nice, some where snakes, rabbits, pigs, “other” but they where kind like just getting out of the way this thing as it moved around it seemed. So I sort of stopped to and talked to them and they all basically said “yeah he’s kind of an ass, so we just move out of the way when he’s around”. This group of pigs and “other” where particularly friendly and helpful on my quest I must add. But every time I would try to jump into the location he was at, I would either be too far away to get to him in time or there would be too many people or “things” in the way for me to be a factor in the scene.

In between each “calm” points before he would attack, I would find myself either in the store, or the bridge. It was while waiting for the animals at the bridge when I noticed a particularly devious looking serpent pass by, it caught my eyes and instantly tried to “seduce” it’s way into my mind. I realized how damn biblical this goofy demon was getting on me with it’s tricks to throw me off his scent. Essentially I knew it was a distraction of lust or sex he’d sent my way because he knew I knew about the animals now. Not to mention it would transform into whatever my given “object of desire” was which I thought was fairly impressive of a trick to an extent. And as my greatest fake temptation looked into my eyes I gave it a “kiss” like one would to a picture and ran off to try to catch this thing as he was about to make a move again. This time I realized however he was getting closer to where my home is located. So instead of projecting any kind of antagonistic intention I decided to observe his movements and actions. He really liked to try to burn people it seemed while just walking around acting like a tough guy & yes every time he would enter the realm there would be a flash of purple & red energy.

So I got to thinking, well he’s in my area now whether he realizes it or not, so I should be able to bait him to me using the fear that’s on the internet instead of my own. So I projected back in front of my computer staring the scare amplifying “fear”. I was standing there meditating in the dream on fear for minutes and finally got a bit frustrated and yelled out: “Come on you fruity #ing demon, I’m ‘scared’ here, don’t you guys get off on that?! Come on are you afraid of me then?!” So I went back to the screen and went deeper into fear and the anger must have pushed it over the edge because he popped up in my kitchen with that familiar purple & red flash. I think he noticed right away he might be in a trap because he didn’t move and I could feel the confusion. I also knew it was impossible to sneak up on him as much as he could have done to me…especially in my “house” now. So like all childish arrogant demons do when they’re cornered, they resort to childish tactics so I could see him through the wall going jump out at me from around the corner. Thinking of course I couldn’t see him playing by my rules now, so I just let him know, yeah I see you there buddy so let’s do this. He straightened up and “puffed” up to his sort of battle posture and started advancing towards me.

(con't)....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I walked backwards leading him into my living room back by where I was staring at the screen. I thought to myself, any moment now he’s going to use his fire & try to burn me. He raised his hand up to about my chest height ready to fire, but visibly unsure if it would work himself. Before the flames started to gather around his palm I brought my left hand up facing his outstretch right and lightly started glowing my palm white and looked him in the eyes. Then I got that all to familiar “Oh #!” look and said to him telepathically, “don’t make me turn the dimmer up on you man…”.
With that he lowered his hand and phased out of the area.

I stood there astrally in my living room going…okay now what? I answered myself, well just wake up and feeling around you and see what it’s like. So I did, I opened my eyes & looked around it was about 5 in the morning and everything was incredible calm. I lied there with my eyes open just sort of staring up and thought, “wow” & started thinking about what the implications of this event could have been astrally & couldn’t help but audibly say “Holy #..” How truly #ing ironic…

----------------------------------------------------------

That one was definitely more "strange" then usual in some respects, and like I said, I run into ET's and spirits sometimes....Oh and I'm definitely not "religious" nor am I part of a church or spiritual group, but I have come to learn to respect all deities in some way due to my "travels" shall we say.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Whats weird about a reoccurring dream i had over the last ten years...A friend and i are in the back of a Army truck full of people and with UFOs hovering over us, following us down a road. My friend and i always make a run for it and get zapped. Then i wake up. I have had this dream over and over.

What makes this weird is i really never got into the UFO scene, never really gave it much thought. My friend does not believe in them. I didn't really believe in them, other than it could be possible but i am to busy in my normal life, until 6 months ago i saw 2 of them and the dream has stopped and it gives me chills to think about it, especially after spotting the UFOs.

I hope that dream does not come true.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Optix]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Everybody get a grip. This is not freaky. You will loose your minds going down deadends like these. IMO

To me it seems logical that these dreams is the cause of being into conspiracies and checking out ie ATS on a daily basis. I haven`t read all the posts, but the ones i read are coming straight out of the 2012/FEMA/DOOM thingies.

I wonder what kind of dreams people who are into soccer are having lately. Or more precise, the people not visiting these kind of sites.

I`m no expert, but isn`t dreaming just some kind of secondary/subconscious processing of the daily input? I would think so, and then our dreams is just some kind of holodeck where we can find an answer to the things that boggle our minds.

Maybe you have started believing in all these conspiracies and prophecies, thus changing your reality = new and unusual dreams?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kilad

I for one, am not freaking out at all over any of this. Everyone else is just a bit puzzled as to what their subconscious is projecting into their conscious minds, that's all. So speak for yourself there buddy

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kilad
Everybody get a grip. This is not freaky. You will loose your minds going down deadends like these.

Maybe you have started believing in all these conspiracies and prophecies, thus changing your reality = new and unusual dreams?

In my case i didn't go to all these conspiracy sites and such, didn't even watch X files. i didnt give much thought. I came to ATS a year ago to do some research for a comic book i am writing about. Then 6 months ago i saw UFOs. It pretty weird, the reoccurring dream i had made no sense to me long before i ever thought about UFOs and conspiracy sites.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

I actually just started getting into this stuff hardcore not too long ago, so I know where you're coming from. When I started having the "odd" dreams was well before I believed that most of the crap we had heard about as "conspiracy theories" where actually true. In fact I was a "skeptic" for the longest time, was an agnostic reductionist but from what I discovered while exploring & expanding my lucid dreaming abilities really opened my eyes to world/universe...it's been a pretty weird but sweet ride I must say

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Within the last year I've had about two or three dreams that I can remember at all and they've been scary.

They both involve my family and being close to home, however there is a battle going up in the skys. When I look up I see all sorts of flying objects and laser blasts that I've never seen before. At first I think its alien but all of the sudden I realize that they are American and Chinese fighter objects (cant describe them) fighting in the skies over my home. Both of the dreams involved advanced flying objects but there was no thought or anything related to Aliens, everything was man made.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I was just trying to come up with something resembling a logical solution. Do i have a point, or am i far off? Do you know for a fact that someone, somewhere or anything at all is trying to warn us about upcoming events or something like that? What is going on? Do you know?

If you don`t KNOW, then maybe it`s not such a good idea incorporating these beliefs as a part of your thought patterns. You may end up with a skewed reality. Ok, if not "loose your mind", then atleast a detour.

Just saying. I don`t know, but want to.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What's kind of interesting is hearing everyone talking about seeing UFO's in a dream in some way or context. One of the dreams that really got me to go "Okay wtf...." is I woke up out of my body in my room, I was walking out of my room and looked west down my hallway. When I looked I saw what looked like lasers being fired south to north coming from just on the other street behind my back yard. I knew I was dreaming so I looked through the house or made it semi-transparent and could see "space" ships fighting each other. I was like "okay wtf..." (as indicated above
) and I could see they where emanating from down the street from a huge sort of blue & white portal. So I sort of oscillated my consciousness back and forth close to that point just to make sure it wasn't all just a big fire ball by the portal or something, and it was safe.

So I teleport maybe 10 to 20 yards away from this thing and I could see two types of craft. They where both sort of triangle shaped, and I could clearly see the USA symbol of the star and stripes on the blue craft, and on the orange crafts I could see a sort of triangle with some circles. The blue craft seemed to be pursuing the orange craft firing at them. There where hundreds of other people at this portal who I'm sure all where seeing it all happening in their own way as I could tell some people didn't even notice what was going on as they walked by.

So I was watching this and looking around at the other people, some where going "wtf" like me, others where scared, some seemed only casually interested, some simply awe-struck at the sight, some didn't even know they where there, and some seemed to know about what was going on. I asked one old guy who had white hair and facial hair, well trimmed said to me when I asked "are you seeing this?" telepathically he answered "Yeah they're always doing that!". He seemed kind of agitated so I left him alone. I looked around for some one around my age and "wtf-level". I found another guy who was like "dude are you seeing this?" and I'm like "yeah man.." He asked me (all of this communication is done telepathically btw) "Are they going to attack us? What can you do if they come after us right now?" Now I know I'm in "dream land" so I'm like "if they attack right now I can jump up and pull both sides out of the sky with my hands". That relaxed him a bit which helped stabilize the connection and he said that he was fast there (astral plane), as I think my statement helped "wake him up" a bit further. So after that we parted ways and I watched for a bit longer and then I believe I went on to dream some other stuff. But that is one of the first "ET" type dreams I had about 3 years ago I think it is now.

reply to post by kilad

Thanks for the concern Kilad, I'm not a "doomsday"er by any rights or purposes(quiet the opposite) and I believe in science & logic too and know discernment is something one must retain at all times. I'm one of the people can help others from taking that destructive point of view you're worried about though.

Oh and YES I do know for a fact something is warning us of something coming, it's called one's own intuition. Just like you know you have to pay your bills at the end of the month but forgot to deposit a check or something, you may have a dream of the FED kicking down your door or something because of your own ideals, but will that actually happen? No problem not. If you think it will can it make you paranoid? Oh yeah absolutely.

That's why the phrase "warning us of something" shouldn't always be taken to mean "the end" or "something bad" that's just an assumption. That "something" can literally be anything, and it's literally what we make it no matter if you believe it or not, or if you remember the dream or not.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I find it very interesting that the majority of posts here are concerning ufo's in our skies and attacking us, also a few on reverse engineered craft being used in war against the usa and china.
No doubt both the American and Chinese governments posess such reverse engineered craft and IMHO they would use them in the event of a world war, during periods of war technological advancement increases, albeit it appears to, as a combination of existing "advanced" technologies would be used to combat an enemy.

What I think is going on is that people have become more aware of reality and thus have an increase in lucid dreaming which IMHO is part of our psychic faculties... they are picking up on future events, they may be next week, next year, next 10 years or maybe in a hundred years. Our consciousness is multi-dimensional, it transends time and space... our perception of time is skewed, we see it in a linear fashion when it is not... there has been a limit put on our brains by society, told that we have five senses, we live and we die... which we have been forced to believe is true, we are much more than we have been led to believe.

Each and everyone is special, we have the power to turn the earth into a paradise overnight... we are eternal beings who have been blinded, mislead... as soon as we wake up and remember who we are there will be a kingdom of everlasting peace.

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Resentedhalo08]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I too have had very vivid dreams recently, some which I didn't want to wake up from...some which have changed my view on the world. Maybe there is some sort of nature phenomena that could explain people having more vivid dreams...maybe nature is releasing something in the air that makes us more tired and have deeper sleep. If you've seen "The Happening" I suppose the same concept could be applied here, except instead of suicide nature is just slowing us down in defense of itself...who knows.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Last night, I had a somewhat happier dream than most dreams I have. I can't say what it was about (personal stuff), but I can tell you it was the first day of school.
But it was nothing really out of the ordinary. Most of my dreams revolve around me and what I'm doing, not actual events (real or imagined).

[edit on 19-7-2008 by flyindevil]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
I find it very interesting that the majority of posts here are concerning ufo's in our skies and attacking us....

Strangely enough, I was trying to post about a dream like this the other day but my computer locked up and I don't think the post went through. Basically, I had a really scary (and quite vivid) dream about a bunch of big airplanes falling out of the sky to attack the city, but then they all froze in place and when they unfroze, they dropped into the sea.

Last night I had a nice dream, though. I won a gold medal in the Olympics! Then I woke up to some stupid track and field event or something going on outside my window and I suppose that infiltrated my sleeping mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I had a dream within a dream the other night

ie in my dream I woke up from a particularly unpleasant nightmare into another unpleasant dream. I cannot remember the details but I when I woke up properly I was quite relieved

Infact a few nights later I had another one of those nightmares which was very vivid & long and resulted in me having a couple of minutes when I woke up to compose myself! It was a huge relief to wake up.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
have i had dreams that are stranger than normal?

yes.

i can go weeks without remembering any dreams, or having any that i know of, then this past month i have had several intense, vivid, real, strange dreams.

i won't bother to write about them here, but the dream activity has gone off the charts.
(makes me wonder if something is blooming or coming into season)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
have i had dreams that are stranger than normal?

yes.

i can go weeks without remembering any dreams, or having any that i know of, then this past month i have had several intense, vivid, real, strange dreams.

i won't bother to write about them here, but the dream activity has gone off the charts.
(makes me wonder if something is blooming or coming into season)

this is my experience also

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join