It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Will Not Declare Martial Law, The USA Economy Will Not Completly Collapse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by tide88

And secondly, if it was "martial law" you were trying to communicate, that is impossible. Martial law was declared in 1863. We are living under martial law.

Do you all get that? Due to General Orders 100 being implemented in 1863, we are all living under martial law.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by pluckynoonez]

Are you refering to this "General Order № 100 - an American Civil War order which expressly forbade giving no quarter to the enemy"

It seems funny to me that a general order posted after the surrender of the south, which forbid us from denying the enemy somewhere to sleep, would still have us under martial law to this day....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Really???? You know this for a fact???? I am ignorant of such things, so I must bow to your superior knowledge and intellect! I feel safer already!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

911 was an inside job tide, deep down you know it. Enough with the "where's the evidence?" routine. If you look hard enough you will find a shipload. Also plenty of evidence that the administration disposed or tampered with evidence.
The previous market crashes were all orchestrated by big boy bankers, and it is about to happen one more time. Pearl Harbor was also incited by the USA. Money money money, it's a rich mans world. Situations like these are a direct result of letting a private group issue the nations currency. Man I wish I had me a printing press.

I like your style Tyranny, you are making all types of sense.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

These "so called" camps are so called "REX-84 Camps" by our Congress ... so call them what you will. They exist - put in place by Congress for Americans. Forgive my suspicion. I highly doubt anyone will be placed in these camps either. But, you're the one making reference to "so called" camps. I just wanted to point out their actual names, rather than leaving such an un-definite name out there for anyone who may be ignorant that these camps exist.

I make no predictions. I only evaluate the current state of the world - make logical deductions based on that evaluation - and plan my future around my conclusion. If you want to go on living life as if nothing is wrong with the world, or economy ... by all means do so. What's the saying ... ignorance is bliss? Indeed.

But, don't come down on everyone who sees differently as if they're crackpots.

I may end up losing my home. So, how's the economy in your eyes? I'm happy for you if you're not in my situation.

Sure, the FED has bailed out one of the largest home lenders in American. But, as most bail-out's are - it may only be temporary:

Forbes

'We are still in a trend which is quite dollar negative so it may be a temporary relief,' said Johan Javeus, FX strategist at SEB Merchant Banking.

With the government "stepping-in" and "running" entities like Indymac, this administration is looking less like a Democratic Government and more like a Fascist Government that controls corporations in their society. Given the history that Fascist Governments have ... please forgive my skepticism.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
8-9 thousand people are signing foreclosures every day. That does not sound healthy. Thanks for the clip amigo.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I want to say that i agree with the OP...for now.
Then again it's impossible to speculate on anything.

But whatever happens to the US, I could really care less anymore.
You go where the money is. I am not against moving to another country if this place goes to hell. I only care about quality of life and getting a piece of the pie. I could care less whether it's apple pie, or blueberry.
I have prepared my finances accordingly.

Problem in the US is that many don;t know how to effectively invest their money, or how to get out of the sinking dollar. They just freeze up and think not spending is going to help while their money they think they are saving depreciates.

I lost my loyalty to any country a while ago.

If you ask me I hope the fed crashes. It would make the world a safer place and drag all the other corrupt croneys down in it's wake.

I have been considering western australia myself.

If I could add any variable to the OP's prediction list it would be the new iranian oil bourse coming into play. it could bring about an attack very soon, but just a guess. You know, since dumping the dollar is "terrurism" and all.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by radioactive_liquid

I thought the Americans would rise up violently about the pre-emptive strike against iraq , a first for our country , and basically against everything we stand for. But the media would'nt even give those of us who did protest much exposure.
Your statement would have been very accurate during the 60's,70's, but this is a new comfortable ,Wal-Mart, big screen TV, sell me anything cheap from China American today. We have guns but most people with a family
probably won't sacrifice any of their comfort or secure structure if they don't have to. The obesity statistics bear that out.
I'm not trying to be pessimistic and I applaud the initial threadwriter's optimism, but just look around you closely and you'll see what I mean.
Americans regularly get into fisticuffs about sports , but when was the last time you heard anyone get into a physical fight over politics?
Thanks for your input, I use to feel exactly as you do, I just think things have changed.
Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

What about marshmallows ?

Will these marshmallows be burned at the stake?

Ah yes, whit, banter, and thought provoking humor. How original .

Against the darkness and take care,
MaxCola45

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I do not think everything is great with the government and the econonmy. The government is bad and the economy sucks. However I do not believe the government is as sinister as many think. ANd I also believe the economy will bounce back. Alot of those 8-9000 people who are being forclosed on had no business getting a home loan in the first place. These is one person in my town who was forclosed on over 80 homes. That is one person. She bought them with no money down and thought she could flip them and make a profit before she made a payment. She timed the market wrong, she buys those homes a couple years earlier, she makes a killing. And I also do not fault ALL the individuals. But some of these loans that people got, common sense should of told them something was wrong. I mean, no income verification loans. All these clever tricks that banks were using to get them loans. SHould of known it was too good to be true. Why do you think INDY MAC went out of business. They specialized in these subprime loans. Banks got greedy and they are paying for it. Unfortunatley people are paying for it too. BTW sorry to hear about your house. I hope I am right about the economy and everything works out for you and your family. ALso I am not trying to come down on everyone. I am just making predictions that will come true. Since as far as I know not one of these other doom and gloom predicitions has ever come to fruitation.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I agree with you to a point. I do not think Americans will be rounded up and placed in camps by years end ... or even early next year. And despite all the Presidential Directives and Homeland Resolutions that Bush signed into order allowing Dictatorial Power, I think his leave from office will be un-eventful. However, I can't be so optimistic about the bounce-back of the economy.

You have to look at those who benefit from such an economic collapse, and you might find it's the same people who've lead us to this predicament in the first place. It would seem, just as the economic collapse of 20's that lead us into a depression, it's devised of long standing and pre-conceived practices that could've been and can STILL BE avoided. We'll see if we push ourselves into another such Depression or whether our government will pull it's head out of the sand and do what's RIGHT for Americans: No more foreign entanglements. No more Federal Reserve. The two greatest threats to our way of life in America.

I get tired of the "doom and gloom" prophecies as well, but here's another video that could relate to the encampment of Americans by means of mass revolts because of food shortages (it begins talking about food shortage at 4mins 06secs - but relates to America at 7mins 15 secs):

[edit on 14-7-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
look mate, I hope your right, I really do...

but unfortunately, evidence seems to be pointing in the other direction.

Marshall law? perhaps not, as its not necessary if a Bilderberg candidate gets elected anyway.

10-20 years for the Amero? sure. Thats still relatively close.

Banking System Collapse? Not the major ones... but a Stock Market crash? yeah, because of the major banks, thats what caused the first one.

Round up of Americans to be put into concentration camps? Why not? America did it just a few decades ago with the Japanese Americans in WWII... why not Middle Eastern Americans or Russian or Chinese Americans if they try and stop us in the Iran situation?

2012? Well, thats a subject thats hard to get into... but Mayan and Aztec calenders have been fairly accurate so far... and God knows what they knew in order to identify all the planets in our Solar System and their distance relative to the sun... so, lets hope not...

But I feel that your predictions are those of either ignorance to the facts, or hope for the stability of this golden age glutton induced society...
Either way, lets cross our fingers...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No #!

Except for Dec 21 2012 11:11am

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Some people claim that our banking market is on the verge of collapse, however during the savings and loan scandle over 1500 banks went out of business. You know how many have gone out of business so far. I believe the number is around 6. As for the market, it is going down and I suspect it will go keep going down at least into the second quarter of 09. The thing is there are some already really good buys in the market right now, just like there are good buys in the housing market. When things do bottom out and people see stock prices and housing prices begin to rise you will see a flood of investments going into both markets. I am going to start dollar cost average investing into some of the main bank stocks. They are way undervalued and this is good oportunity for a long term investmentor to make some good money. This is the time when the average person will actually be able to take advantage of some of these low stock prices. Also you think freddie and fanny are going to stay that low. The government will never let them collapse. You are looking at some serious high returns if you start investing in them. Not necessarily today but sometime in the near future. Of course if you dollar cost average with these stocks you are almost guranteed to come out on top in the long run. That is unless they go out of business. Which I will make another prediction and state they will not. You do know that those two companies do not deal in subprime loans. 90% of their loans only deal with the most qualifies buyers.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Mighty optimistic of you!

I wish I could ignore all the warning signs and keep my head up high like you!

This will happen......This is the end of the constitution and our civil liberties.

Enjoy bliss!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is a very odd human behaviour I've wondered about for a long time. A large % of the worlds population ENJOYS disasters. That is, they don't particularly enjoy the loss of life, or if it affects them directly, but they love to hear about tsunamis, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods and giant fires. It's a weird makeup of human behaviour. I'm not a psychologist, but I imagine there is terminology for this. I used to get amused at some Japanese animation where ultimately, the world was pretty much done it. They love blowing up cities and the world (as evidenced by their glut of monsters destroying cities movies).

I've wondered why. I think it's one of two things. One, people are bored with their lives, and media these days makes it seem like stuff is going on everywhere but where they are. They want something to break up their monotonous lives, even if it's disaster. The other is perhaps our nature of surviving and evolving left us with an innate need to survive. Something to overcome. Maybe it's in our DNA.

People often don't just expect the worse, they often *want* the worst. Until it hits them. Then they realize that wasn't such a great thing, after all.

You can see it on a smaller scale every day. I watch the news or read the newspaper, and check out the weather station. They make it a huge deal if we get 2 inches of snow, or if thunderstorms are coming. I opened a local news site and was amused that the front page news was a perhaps severe thunderstorm that might pass through! Of course, didn't even drizzle at my place. But people seem to want this to happen.

It carries over nicely to the Internet. Gloom and Doom is the order of the day. While I believe in aliens, ufos, etc... I don't believe that evil alien lizards in underground bases are eating us. There are so many negative viewpoints on why aliens are here. Why can't they just be a neutral species that simply doesn't want to interfere in our day to day lives, or have any impact on our world, but still want to observe?

Why must our governments be taken over by power hungry socities, our economy must crash, we will be imprisoned and apparently beheaded in trains, we are implanted, marked, and spied upon. It's nothing but bad news followed by more bad news.

Even when it comes to our government, I assume that they hide stuff from us because they feel its in our best interest. If they don't disclose their knowledge of the existance of UFOs, I think it's because they feel that's for the best public interest. I don't necessarily agree with their reasoning, but I think they have the American people's best interest at heart when they don't say anything (that, and they don't want to admit they've been lying to us for years.
)

I've always been fascinated with the human desire to see disaster, and have the worst come to pass.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I am sure many people thought the same thing in 1929, both world wars, and the gas crisis in the 80's. Yet things got better then. Wish this site was older. Was this site around pre Y2K. Would love to read some of the end of the world threads from back then.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
I am starting a prediciton thread that will come true. .....

If any of these predicitions do not come true I promise never to post on this board again. It should be a rule, If you predict something and it doesnt come true you are banned.

Note to self.. someone here doesn't like me, I suggested the same thing and got slapped around.

tide88, AWESOME!
Thanks for this, a litle sanity in an insane conglomerate.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I agree 100% with your post. Even the UFO's, That is actually how I came upon this site in the first place. But some always have to take it to the next level. Because to them the govenment has to be sinister and evil. On the topic of people and those disaster you brought up. Just look at a car crash. Look at all the people who have to slow down and get a good look at the carnage. It is sick, but it is human nature. I have to admit, i have slowed down on more than one occasion.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahasvin

One moment, sir. Recalling the source.
"Стоит отметить, что в облигации Fannie Mae и Freddie Mac также вложена часть российских резервов. Центробанк России к 1 января 2008 года инвестировал 100,8 миллиарда долларов (примерно 21 процент) из золотовалютных резервов страны в ценные бумаги Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, а также Federal Home Loan Banks."
lenta.ru...
Run it through Google Translate if you cant manage Russian.

I am pretty sure I am breaking a rule here, but mahasvin, you are an ass.
That was uncalled for.

"Run it through Google Translate if you cant manage Russian."

and

"One moment recalling the source" ??
Dude, you TYPED a pause in your activity??

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Although a lot of what you post is something that I fear could happen I have to agree with you.

I start to lean the other direction during emotional debates and new revelations about more lies this group has told.

However, I want to commend you for actually bringing an optimistic view to this forum.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join