It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds told me to start moving data out of state

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlytOfHnd
reply to post by realshanti

Not sure if you should be making such comments. I might be wrong but I think your Male? If so, don't think this is the place to try your skills at coming out of the closet. Don't swing that way. I'm sure you could probably find a better web site for trolling for your own sex. Sorry to disappoint you but you might want to U2U realshanti, Maybe you could get something going there. Seems to be someone on your wave length.

Good luck to you both!

- you do understand sarcasm, I hope???
anyways carry on...not trying to derail the thread here...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I hate to get involved here but you did start this shanti. Why don't you just say your sorry and let's get back to the subject at hand here.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindWatcher1

I hate to get involved here but you did start this shanti. Why don't you just say your sorry and let's get back to the subject at hand here.

Sorry I pointed out that Slytofhand might be a government paid disinfo agent ...which by the way I still think......there is that better?

Thats what you were referring to when you said i "started it" - correct?
because what would be the reason for asking what agency the OP works for when clearly that kind of information is not something our OP might not want to disclose...or maybe I'm wrong...dunno but it seemed a bit fishy to me...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I know where he is!!!!!!

He just landed on Kenny Boy's private yacht somewhere in the world's oceans.

I would actually place a bet on this.

Looking for Kenny,

Anonymous

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Understand a troll? Sure! Please be advised that you should really try to calm down. The thread here is Feds moving data out of state. You really must try to stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What is fishy is all the noise going on these days. I feel like we are all on borrowed time, the other shoe is about to guillotine....

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlytOfHnd

Understand a troll? Sure! Please be advised that you should really try to calm down. The thread here is Feds moving data out of state. You really must try to stay on topic.

I do understand what a troll is slyt - your picture is next to the definition and I am NOT the one who has tried to derail this thread..but as I said before carry on...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes, please stay on topic here shanti. This is jhill's thread. Let's keep this going in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindWatcher1
Yes, please stay on topic here shanti. This is jhill's thread. Let's keep this going in the right direction.

I give up - I'm very supportive of the OP right to post information here without being pried loose of personal information that could be detrimental to him/her..if thats off topic my apologies - I did not intend to encourage the kind of immature baiting that slyt of hand engaged in...so my apologies to everyone else for that..and I'll apologize for slyts extremely rude behavior while I'm at it...now can we carry on...?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It's called colocation.

Data centers are big business now, especially with all the recent disasters and floods.

Offsite data centers just make good sense, especially for critical government or company data.

No conspiracy here. Move along.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
My theory for the railroad boxcars and the coffins would be the government may know that revolutionaries have been killing all along and eventually they will go after government officials The Revolutionaries would do this for several reasons.To keep their organization secret even though they leave clues by killing in patterns.To terrorize the government with fear.To make members prove their loyalty.The government may have intentionaly kept us in the dark about this for obvious reasons.For one thing you can not let people know you believe there is an organization that may have possibly killed thousands at a time you are spending trillions of dollars to supposedly protect us .Most of the Congress and Senate probably is clueless but the FBI and the CIA may know about this.I have spent several months sudying those patterns and what i have on my website is just part of the information I gathered.At this point my priority is not being a salesman as the gathering of information takes so much of my time.The patterns go much deeper.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SlytOfHnd

I can see your stance that our data isn't valuable. I would have to disagree. We hold all of the blueprints for all Federal Buildings.

Why don't you tell everyone here what else you have at your location and give them the address while you are at it. Right now, everyone knows it's in Atlanta (supposedly). It appears you should be fired if you do in fact work for the government......

What are you hoping to sell these blueprints to the highest bidder?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
have people missed the fact that the data stored there is sensitive.

it holds all the building and site data for ALL goverment buildings.

pretty sensitive data if you ask me !!!

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
hi i work in this field
nothing strange here moving data to an off-site location

happens all the time
also if ur production server and backup server are in the same building and a fire happens...... so much for backups...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It seems to me that ALOT of people that take time to post to threads, do not bother to actually READ the OP through or the subsequent posts. Most of the responses seem to try to reassure our friend that it is not unusual to move sensitive data offsite for safekeeping. I believe we all know this already and that this was not the OP's concern.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but it seems the OP is concerned with the fact that his facility is the only one, that he is aware of, performing this task and that because of the type of data and possibly the location it is going causes concern (of which he cannot reveal)

I think that perhaps he is looking to see if there are any other individuals in the Atlanta area that are noticing any changes or oddities that could contribute to this thread and could contribute to his concerns. I dont believe he wants us to focus on HIS particular situation but to have understanding that HE FEELS he has a protocol for concern.

I find syncronicity in the fact that there were several interviews and news stories (already previously mentioned and linked I believe in this thread) about EMP attacks being a possibility, and that there is a news story out about biochemical agents at the CDC with possible unsafe containment measures (CDC is in Atlanta for anyone that may not know, I have been to that facility) also already posted here at ATS, and the fact that they are considering moving biochemical warheads across the US for destruction with the dangers of that move being debated (dont have a link offhand looking for it now). Seems ripe for a catastrophy!

I must admit that I do alot more reading than posting, but I am new here and I suppose I should take the time to introduce myself at some point LOL. anywhooo my 2 cents on this one. I have flagged this thread and will be keeping my eyes out for related information in outside sources that I monitor and that I can possibly contribute. I live close enough to Atlanta to be concerned.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

My point exactly. Thank you for pointing that out. I am not going to respond to posts outside of that scope, it's just nonsense, to keep a thread going and nothing is producing out of it. I am not here to gain points.

I told you what happened at my work site, and am asking does anyone else in and around the ATL area notice anything suspicious.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I have a question for you. How did you get a job with the Federal gov for IT??

I am just asking since I am in college and I have a huge knowledge about comptuers. I could build a computer from ground up like from just chipsets to a full working computer or embedded system.
I have been looking for a job in IT/ computers but notice alot are asking for a bach degree before getting an interview.

I am just asking any tips for me on what I can do currently. I have the knowledge and I tought myself from the internet most of the stuff. I am looking for a job in that area IT.

Now on topic: I think it's weird that they asked you to move the data. Was their a breach in security on the data?? Is the new area that your sending data too is it a new facility?? I am just saying sometimes important data the feds would want to transfer data to a upgraded system so they could have latest protection.

I know the pentigon has old systems. windows 98 os and they been hacked many timees.

I am just woundering that might be the case a news system with the latest security system.

somone one here talked about maybe a possible nuke area this also might be true.

I can't bealive some of these repsonse. Oh it's common to make a backup and have it backed up in antoher state. You guys are missing the whole point. Yes we all do have server and do make backups ect. So does the gov.

His concern is why did they have to send it to another state. He probally knows at his job where they make backups for the system he is working on. So he is concern because now he gets told to copy all data and move it to another location in another state. His questions is why?? since we have a local backup area in atlanta. He has a right to ask questions.

I don't know the full reason why they done a switch they could of needed more room for backup or their could of beena breach of securtiy or concern of security if they didn't have the latest hardware in the guys facility so they made a new center or build another server system that has up to date hardware and software where they can have the latest security.
Still he must of worked there for a long time and for him hearing this he should know if it's out of the ordinary. We won't feel the same way because for us making backups is heard everyday in the business world and gov. So we don't see any reason why it would be of concern.
I can saw if he worked their long enough he would know why he could be concern becuase somthing is being asked that he never experience so then why is he being asked now to move data to another facility to antoher state.If in the pasted they would make backups to a local facility.
I bet he was not told why he had to transfer the data.

Keep on informing us on new developments.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Im getting pretty tired of hearing how the terrorists are coming to eat us all and pointing to Iran and the middle eastern muslim countries.

What we have here is infighting

Illuminati A is fighting with Illuminati B because one thinks they are right and the other is wrong on how to bring about the agenda....Now Illuminati C just wants to get this thing on down the road..simply pick the route and navigate it.
Illuminati A and Illuminati B think that Illuminati C might be the sane one in the bunch and might try to cut both off at the pass.

Round and Round we go.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by prometheus1111
Im getting pretty tired of hearing how the terrorists are coming to eat us all and pointing to Iran and the middle eastern muslim countries.

What we have here is infighting

Illuminati A is fighting with Illuminati B because one thinks they are right and the other is wrong on how to bring about the agenda....Now Illuminati C just wants to get this thing on down the road..simply pick the route and navigate it.
Illuminati A and Illuminati B think that Illuminati C might be the sane one in the bunch and might try to cut both off at the pass.

Round and Round we go.

And this pertains to this thread how? If you are going to respond to a thread perhaps you could keep it on topic. Thanks for the contribution

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join