It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds told me to start moving data out of state

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

You must have not read this whole thread. I guess I have to re-state it for you. We have another 5 years on that contract and will continue to use them.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

8 pages and you have not said jhill76.... JUST SAY IT!

You mentioned new directive but I have not seen you or anyone else say it.

NSPD 51 AKA Directive 51

The continuity of government.

That is what you are doing isn't.

Just in case anything goes wrong YOUR BRANCH of civil service will be first to make the safe guard changes.

Thanks for the whistle.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

very likely a government continuity issue, but not by titor's nukes, not yet.

how about a 'coastal event' - funny how that's not mentioned yet in this

post. the red sea parting however seems a few years away, but others

are pointing to 2009.

peace

ps - yes, i know ATLANTA is not coastal....but there it is.

[edit on 7/15/2008 by drphilxr]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well I work for BLM and could use a copy of the plans for my jobsite. Nothing is buried where the paper copies say it is.

Could you send me a copy?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I still wanna know. Was it directive 51?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
My time to add roman catholic fringe prophecy -- a sort of past time of mine to collect one's that are interesting because of specificity:

The prophecy states that Atlanta will burn again.

that's pretty interesting. I've been seeing quite a bit of arcane but seemingly relevant prophecies lately. perhaps its synchronicity, but I was curious what the other 'fringe' prophecies might be, and which other cities or sites might be in the cross-hairs??

thanks for the fascinating but a bit frightening thread guys ....

concerned but still sane ....

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

If Atlanta is one of three cities, what are the other two projected to be and why?
I would think NYC, for the finance and Washington for military and government.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Its probably just a contingency plan, I work for a Bank in London ( I won't say which one though) and any data we have to back up also goes to a backup location outside of London , That way if anything, either Nuke, biological attack,power failure or even disruption of communication lines , we'll have the tapes to restore whatever was lost. Even in the event of attack the staff on the backup site can operate the systems we use.
Therefore no loss of fluid motion in the smooth running of business.
It's likely the same for your lot as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

The important point here though is, not that the OP's Mangement has decided to have offsite copies of the backups. The OP stated that they currently store backups at a facility in another GA town.

What seems curious about this situation is that they are tasked with setting up a mirror site, out of state, in TWO WEEKS. It isn't at all unusual for an organization to implement a mirror site but to do so on such short notice is quite out of the ordinary.

Again, I don't believe this is being driven by any imminent threat but it is important that we understand how unusual it is to implement such a plan in such a short period of time.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
...but it is important that we understand how unusual it is to implement such a plan in such a short period of time.

I think you vastly UNDERSTATE how "unusual" this is. Let's put it this way.... if a publicly owned company tasked this to be done in two weeks, the board of directors and the senior management of the company could be charged with NEGLIGENCE when the mirror-site needed to be used, and was not working (and in two weeks, for a large organization, it won't be).

Two weeks is NOT enough time to bring a mirror site on-line. Not even close. (btw, that refers to a large company/organization, not a "mom-n-pop" shop.)

[edit on 16-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

I'm kind of with 'Being' on this one. I can't help but wonder if a new data storage contractor is involved, and this particular contractor has out of state facilities. Have you inquired about new contracts, bids, etc.?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In a world of Terrorism the most frightening thing that can happen is A SUBPOENA!

If you've been following the hearings at the House Judiciary Committee, the AG and the DOJ
are in CYA mode.

DOD, DHS, NSA, U.S. Customs are all under fire for politically motivated wrong doing.

Without knowing what branch you work for, it's a bit difficult to speculate further
on what might be behind their decision.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hello me again, just cant seem to drop this thread, not yet anyway.

Do you suppose that SunSpot 24 could have something to do with this?

I was doing some checking around on the Hinode site and found this interesting piece of information...

On the Observation plan index, starting at July 14th through July 18th, the observations are as usual, then on the 19th it says "Backup plan".

I am not certain this means anything, but maybe what we are looking at is a solar event that has the capacity to knock out unprotected files. It would be a smart move to protect important data if that is the case, while keeping the G.P. unaware aginst undue panic and there by keeping a calm continuity of our social structure...

Call me a catastrophyst, but see for yourself...

solar-b.nao.ac.jp...

Also take a look at the massive black spots looking as if they are reading themselves to erupt...

[edit on 16-7-2008 by antar]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If that is the case is there any hope for the average guy to save data?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I believe it's all about "What Time Is It". I saw one post where a source in Iran claimed that if Iran was attacked, then Israel would be destroyed. Here is a link to a E-book that tells a much different story.
www.thetruthabouttheendtimes.com... Do you have your Potassium Iodide?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Any new developments to fuel your concerns OP? I have been keeping an eye on the Metro news in Atlanta but I haven't seen anything of interest and no mention of Atlanta recently at any of the ALT news sites I visit. Being as you are in the midst of the 2 week transfer of data, I thought perhaps you would have new information or concerns?!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Nothing your supervisor asked of you is considered to be out of the ordinary in a private business.

1. Always have your servers backed up &
2. As far away from them as possible

Sounds about right to me.

Yours is the very same thing I was thinking......especially where government files are concerned. What if a city was hit by a really bad hurricane or tornadoes, if their backup is in the same area then that is not good planning.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
What if a city was hit by a really bad hurricane or tornadoes, if their backup is in the same area then that is not good planning.

Or "civil unrest" due to the upcoming elections, the demographics of Atlanta make that a possibility. Possibly preparing ahead of time for the DNC.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am a volunteer in case natural disaster as of 2 years ago we who are in charge of communication have received new training materials which tells us how to handle all communications in any fema response now these are long detailed papers training material about how to handle every agency in the U.S with communications to logging information ICS 214 ICS 200 ICS 201 ICS 202 ICS 203 ICS 204 ICS 205 ICS 206 ICS 209 ICS 211 ICS 213 ICS 214 ICS 215 ICS 215A ICS 220 ICS 226 I am suppose to track log and also send messages by tele or radio if it can not be orally sent but log all incoming and out going messages log every thing from numerous agency's from police to helicopters to fixed wing aircraft numbers id and every kinda information you can think of and also log what the ic commander orders like you so called plastic coffin liners everything is order as needed only only equipment needed for work such as radio and other such equipment are bought and cars just like anyone would in a federal agency as a volunteer i am still not suppose to say if we get called up are organization which I will not say but we see and would deal with everything in a FEMA call out so area 51 is a test place for military that's why strange aircraft are seen there no aliens and for plans for fema to do any action well i guess we where sent new training stuff but far as i know its all disaster response so if they did order coffins and area data backing up maybe there getting ready for something big other then what people are thinking so backing data to a different state is useless some of the stuff is printed off for us to read for activation I will say this I am not part of federal government but am part of a organization to help FEMA but as volunteer we just don't get paid and have a job after there problem tell called again I joined to help people that's what FEMA is suppose to be about when i saw those coffins order by fema on video on the net I think they know something they dont want us to we dont need panic for no reason we all know what happens when a city panics what they ordered for might not happen whatever it would be there just trying to be ready they dont wnt to be caught with there paints down like Katrina which took forever for fema there u go on data backing up and coffins yes fema would use such things but im not a official spokes person to say for sure im sure they have the best intentions reading everything on here scares the crap outta me but I stand by whatever they do even if martial law would happen i doubt that this whole red sticker purple sticker yellow sticker thing too seems a little weird but never heard any of that in fema training material probably newspaper mail man stuff i have never seen any stickers so far lit alone any pictures on the web just people saying they had them placed on mail box or side walk or roof or places around there house how would they do apartments lol why need stickers when u can flag on MDTs Mobile Data Terminal or CDTs computer Data Terminal like cops do name and address on in car laptop why make it obvious if they where going to do something you wouldn't know law enforcement have integrated networks and radios now so they can pull up info on anyone in the US instead of being hooked up to state and talk to anyone on any channel on radio they can see if u own a gun or lipped off to them on comment on there laptops just like if you where giving a warning and drove to another state and the cop says well you where warned he/she would say how was i warned well by the city of this in this state since u know not to heres your ticket I used to work very close to law enforcement are we not suppose to trust are government made by the people for the people we put everyone in office why are we not trusting them now if we trusted them when we put them in office if the president has bad or good intentions even thou not law enforcement i would take a bullet or send info to him if i found out anything on his life

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FRAAGENTJ

I don't usually do this, but..

Is this some kind of super secret FEMA communication thing also that you cannot use a single one punctuation mark, in order to render everything you say virtually impossible to understand?

As a some sort of TRAINED communication expert, maybe you could rephrase your post - as your never-ending sentence is a bit too much to handle, really..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join