It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds told me to start moving data out of state

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have stated many times on here, that I work for the Federal Government. Here is what happened at work toady.

While at work today, I was called into an office by my immediate supervisor and told that my duties were to change because of a new directive brought on by the higher ups. I am to start transferring data to an off-site storage facility located in another state and make sure everything is backed up on all of the servers that I have control over.

Now mind you, we have been storing data locally for as long as I know and from what I have been told from other co-workers. Why this sudden change to start backing up data and moving data to a whole other state?

I am in Atlanta, GA. It's crazy because I hear of the stories about the FEMA coffins and bird flu, and all of that other good stuff. Has anyone heard of anything like this at your workplace. I am wondering what is in the works?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The only thing I've read was on a thread posted here on ATS.They postulated that Atlanta was one of the three eastern US cities to be targeted for nuke attack,as it is the communications hub of the country.If I lived in Atlanta I would probably move,as it being a probable target makes sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Could this possibly be related to the speculation regarding the secret session being a heads up for the upcoming Martial Law?
Perhaps they need to move the data to a central location because individual offices will come under attack & the needs of the government must continue.

I'm only speculating but it does seem odd to say the least.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not sure, only thing that came to mind, was from awhile ago, so it may or may not be connected. How ever, any possability right now may be the right one. Sucks how we only get told what they think we need to know.

Coordination of Federal Information Policy

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

2 questions come to mind when reading your post. What is the data being moved and what state is it being moved to? I will understand if you can't answer though.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Prolly a new overseeing has to be done since terrorists can infiltrate law enforcement agencies and lie in wait to do whatever.

And uprising of agents no doing their job when certain acts occur where no response is gotten or a rejection occurs to a complainer in distress in the right.

Or they could be trying to cover up something they going to do wicked to ppl by taking steps in advance.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Nothing your supervisor asked of you is considered to be out of the ordinary in a private business.

1. Always have your servers backed up &
2. As far away from them as possible

Sounds about right to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

Yea, but this is the Feds, and we have been backing up data in another city close to Atlanta, now they want it in a whole other state and also we have to make sure everything is moved over a full replication within 15 days. That is out of the ordinary if you ask me.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I remember a thread where you and another poster told me I was a paranoid nutcase, not in so many words, for noticing 18 wheelers that didn't fit the pattern I expected. I was offered all kinds of explainations, none of which made sense because i knew the pattern.

How's it feel to have the shoe on the other foot?

If it's enough to make you notice, then it's enough to at least ask questions about. That's the safest advice I could give. Which would be more important to TPTB, if a "terrorist" nuke took out Atlanta and the souronding area, you or the records? How exactly does that make you feel right now?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well i suppose its better than sticking all the data onto 2 disks and sending it through royal mail in a jiffy bag,or leaving it on a train in the middle of London.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Could the new wire tapping bill have something to do with it?
So they have all data stored in one place to snoop through it?
Or perhaps where you are storing it locally is becoming full?
And they now need to use another facility.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Man, I couldn't stop laughing, I didn't call you a nutcase nothing near it. I attached on to you because we had a good debate and that's what I like on here is a good debate!

But, I don't know, this is more like do this so we got the data and yea, when the bombs come, we won't need you anymore, just the data.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

The storage is no where near full. I forgot to mention another policy is that you can't delete anything and I mean anything even personal files off of your computer until further notice. Talk about policies.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I wonder if they are sending it to Iron Mountain or Cheyene MT type facility's.
Thats a little scary.For DDay protection.But in reality of course it could be something silly like they got a cheaper quote on storage with more security or something.Or something like the guy in charge gave the contract to his brother in law or something.
The not deleting anything off your computer is a little weird.Wouldn't that suggest some kind of security breach and/or data loss?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

No problem. I wasn't sore. I never debate just for the joy of it, I've been around too many bad marriages to find happiness that way. I just stated what I saw and why I noticed it.

Now it seems it's your turn. But it's not nearly as fun to talk about when you consider this could be a sign you're more expendable than some data. Then again, being an old paranoid type, I didn't find much humor in a strange event in my neck of the woods either.

I guess it's all in the perspective of maybe having your butt on the line, huh?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Nope not at all, I see where you are coming from though. I guess I just know a lot about them FPS guys because in turn they secure all of our buildings and they have a headquarters on the floor below me.

I guess I don't live out in the rural area, so I can't seem to relate to the ordeal.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Sorry can't say what data and can't say the location. But, I can say it's encrypted.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My time to add roman catholic fringe prophecy -- a sort of past time of mine to collect one's that are interesting because of specificity:

The prophecy states that Atlanta will burn again.

Three ground level nuclear devices will be used against it. One device goes off at Hartsfield Airport. One device goes off near CDC and Emory University. Another goes off where it can knock CNN off the air and destroy all communication nodes.

A very horrible prophecy, but one I take seriously enough (regardless of its religious origin) that I never travel through Atlanta.

--Pellevoisin, Keeper of Discarded Prophecies

[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Well, that's the past, this is the now, which is what we always have to deal with.

Have you considered just how this effects you? Have you visited "deviant/subversive" websites from work, that you now can't delete? How would such a thing be viewed, if true? Are you being told enough to feel comfortable?

And since it will be asked, (so I might as well be the one), considering your admitted affiliation with the government, is there a reason for members here to not think you on a fishing expidition with this seeming change in your position from sceptical of any conspiracy by the government to one of questioning?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

That policy is not for me, but for the end-users and is company-wide. I am not being told enough to feel comfortable but do not want to ask questions that are out of my pay grade.

Fishing expedition: No.

I just knew about that thread in question, I have stated also in that thread I do believe in conspiracies, just not that conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join