It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds told me to start moving data out of state

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
After 9-11, many corporations were forced to move IT infrastructure and data to data centers away from their office space. I worked for a company with a large data center in the top a one of the tallest buildings in a large city. Insurance, etc forced the move. Maybe the feds are finally catching up.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If it turns out that all Hell is about to break loose, and all these possibilities about martial law, "terrorists" nuking and bla bla bla turn out to happen isnt that a reason to finally say enough is enough?

Enough conspiracy information has been dug up on the administration that if anything happens then that would truly be the nail in the coffin in regards to the actual intent of the government.

Oh, lets nuke this city and blame it on terrorists, collapse the economy and place everyone under martial law and detain them in prison camps after all it's far thier safety.

FISHY!!!

People are overly paranoid and Im one of them..
All systems on full alert, CODE RED....brace for impact!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Fair enough. A person has to do what seems best at the time.

And I never really cared if it was a fishing trip or not. See, I'm old and with age comes a certain fatalism, so you don't spend as much time worrying about your personal future as younger folks. But since it was bound to come up, I thought I would get it out of the way.

But a really good idea would be to watch the brass. When they start taking unexpected vacations and sick leave, or going to engagements in out of the way places, then worry. And if you find a bunch of them all doing it at the same time, suddenly; then you might want to go see your Aunt Hattie in upstate NY who's on her deathbed.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

" I am wondering what is in the works? "

More than likely, just compliance with new regulations.

Sounds like it's S.O.P. to me...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If it makes you feel any better, no government at any level (including Federal) has ever had as much power and capacity as they want you to believe. In fact, the only thing keeping the lid on this or any other nation is the shared belief of its citizens that they do hold impossible power.

With this as a good starting point, I would suggest that this policy decision is probably mundane. Of course, they could be looking for suspicious activity inspired by the new policy. They can bring tremendous scrutiny to bear on a very small area at any given time. This is how they would do it - by shaking things up and watching from a distance.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

You could say that. But there is a little more to the story than just moving data, it's the data that is being moved that worrys me the most.

I just don't agree with it's SOP because this is not done at our other locations in other cities, just ours.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
The only thing I've read was on a thread posted here on ATS.They postulated that Atlanta was one of the three eastern US cities to be targeted for nuke attack,as it is the communications hub of the country.If I lived in Atlanta I would probably move,as it being a probable target makes sense.

It's also speculated that ATL will be the capital of the NAU. Haha, just wanted to throw that out there because no gov conspiracy is complete without an NAU reference

jhill, that is very interesting indeed. Keep your eyes open and good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

jhill, have you since moved from Central Texas to the Atlanta area or are you just working temporally out of ATL. I think you might have some inside info that you may not be sharing with us to what you think is actually going to happen in the near future. Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
My time to add roman catholic fringe prophecy -- a sort of past time of mine to collect one's that are interesting because of specificity:

Three ground level nuclear devices will be used against it. One device goes off at Hartsfield Airport. One device goes off near CDC and Emory University. Another goes off where it can knock CNN off the air and destroy all communication nodes.

--Pellevoisin, Keeper of Discarded Prophecies

[edit on 11/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

*I respect your Fringe element.*
Could you expound a bit more about this prophecy in which you speak?
Is there possibly a link to read the full content?
Also when was this made and by whom?
Very scary indeed.

Excellent thread, thankyou OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I am listening to Dr. Nick Begich on c2c, and his concern is an EMP Attack. That in essence it is as dangerous to Data as an electronic lobotomy.

Hardware and humans alike will suffer and people with pace makers and hardware in their bodies like plates and pins can even die.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
My time to add roman catholic fringe prophecy -- a sort of past time of mine to collect one's that are interesting because of specificity:

The prophecy states that Atlanta will burn again.

Three ground level nuclear devices will be used against it. One device goes off at Hartsfield Airport. One device goes off near CDC and Emory University. Another goes off where it can knock CNN off the air and destroy all communication nodes.

Okay, you have totally freaked me out with that. If there is any more information, I would like to hear it.

For a long time I have suspected that Atlanta would be a target of terrorists. Now that I have a different perspective on this, I can imagine the White House/DHS/Bilderbergers deciding on the destruction of Atlanta in order to crush America and force the North American Union. While Atlanta is not New York City, D.C., or Chicago, it is incredibly important in keeping America going every single day.

With the OP being told this about data, I am really concerned for Atlanta now, and I have no faith in the US government to protect it. In fact, I've decided that the folks in government in D.C. are enemies of all of the rest of us.

When 9/11 happened why didn't we hold Bush and Giuliani responsible for that happening on their watch. What's wrong with our culture when they get a pass for presiding over a disaster that they should have prevented. In other cultures hare-kiri would have been expected of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NGC2736

Nope not at all, I see where you are coming from though. I guess I just know a lot about them FPS guys because in turn they secure all of our buildings and they have a headquarters on the floor below me.

I guess I don't live out in the rural area, so I can't seem to relate to the ordeal.

Maybe "Osama" is going to pay us another visit...
They could blowup a frickin state and convince people it was three blind, down syndrome Afflicted Syrians.

I'm just waiting for them to gas my city and blame Iran.

We should just give the M.I.C
$100,000,000,000 a year and an endless supply of drinkable quality human blood.

save us the suspense and the drama already Eisenhower was a smart one looking back-

Good luck to us all!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OP, based on the data being moved, what kind of scenario or projection are you entertaining? Uh, without being too specific ofcourse

There are a lot of whistle-blowers out there taking bigger risks than I presume you are capable of...so make this juicy why doncha?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Face it you were jacked for well over a year thanks to those hard working laborers in the Cisco camp. How do explain dropoff and sudden disk failure? Do you really think that with the credit crisis in effect that they can afford a power outage with slugish switches? Well don't worry about it server upgrades happen all the time. The only bad thing is that with the high cost of office space, closets are now becoming the next phase in the new development sector. Large amounts of data are no longer necessary for next generation enterprise. Hyper-mirror networking is just another scratch on the tally until IBM steps in. Mark my words these agents do not compromise. They'll buy you and sell you in a heartbeat.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I have stated many times on here, that I work for the Federal Government. Here is what happened at work toady.

While at work today, I was called into an office by my immediate supervisor and told that my duties were to change because of a new directive brought on by the higher ups. I am to start transferring data to an off-site storage facility located in another state and make sure everything is backed up on all of the servers that I have control over.

Now mind you, we have been storing data locally for as long as I know and from what I have been told from other co-workers. Why this sudden change to start backing up data and moving data to a whole other state?

I would think that the correct person to ask about this would be your manager.

That being said, I don't find this an uncommon move at all. Prudent disaster planning techniques are the rule of the land. One hurricane or fire could wipe you out.

State boundaries probably mean a hell of a lot less to the Feds than to you or me.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It figures the government would have adopted such irresponsible 'disaster recovery'procedures as storing data ONSITE as a norm. You see, you should have been told to make backups and store one copy off-site from the beginning! That's just a good disaster recovery procedure.

But...as you say, something sounds FISHY as HELL here!...guess we'll all have to wait and see (no comfort to me, I'm 184 miles from florida's east coast missle tracking station and MUCH MUCH less than that from a major Air Force base with nuclear capabilities).

I knew I should have moved out west sooner!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Hoi. I actually happen to know two guys in the states that works with stuff like this. Mind if I do a quality check on your credibility?

I haven't got the answer from any of the guys, but I ask you first. In what kind of medium do you move the data in. Since i Know there is a lot of fiber in the states, It would be more convenient to move it encryptet via Black Fiber. I would guess the FEDs have enough money to buy black fiber, since my own company can afford it.

Please indulge me with som non crucial info about HOW you move it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Here comes Charlie...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

reply to post by NGC2736

That policy is not for me, but for the end-users and is company-wide. I am not being told enough to feel comfortable but do not want to ask questions that are out of my pay grade.

Fishing expedition: No.

I just knew about that thread in question, I have stated also in that thread I do believe in conspiracies, just not that conspiracy.

Ever heard of "Pod Slurping" ... ? I'm sure your superiors go to lunch at a given/dependable time each day...optimal time for a "slurp"

If you're not familiar with that term, google it. The software is there for you.

You will get answers -- although you might not want to share them due to personal security concerns....

I do not endorse, condone, or recommend any "rouge" spying...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

DUDE! applebiter PEEP your U2Us dude!

I totally agree though...NO ONE government is to blame.

ON TO THE OP'S POST:

Watch (as previously stated) the "brass"...

You might also want to give Springer or the staff here some "private" info about yourself JUST IN CASE you find something out -- and are deemed "a fisherman" or a "troll" or whatever. Just make sure the lead ppl behind the site can trust you.

It'll ease and cause much less crap if the staff can intervene and vouch for you. If you trust posting what you've already posted -- why not privately give the owner of the site a little "personal info" so he can verify and vouch for at LEAST your identity.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by MystikMushroom]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by MystikMushroom]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join