It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds told me to start moving data out of state

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
What weird is in the fact that somebody wants an off-site backup? It is quite common.

There is nothing special in being an administrator employed by goverment either, since all that data which does not belong to you is encrypted anyway and you care about your job, so you don't read unencrypted data either.

Or do you actually read people's e-mails while administrating?

I don't give a **** if you work for goverment, you are just a punk trying to get respect because of some ordinary administrator job.

You are just going on with a general type of "revelation" in which you tell nothing particular, just that you do off-site backups now, and cannot reveal anything more. And others and I shoudl actually care to beg you for info?

[edit on 12/7/08 by rawsom]

I have to agree. I've read some of the OP's posts before and I'm afraid I actually have doubts he even works where he says he does, and some of his other claims regarding his education seem a bit suspect as well. I apologize unreservedly if I'm wrong, but I smell something fishy.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have worked for several federal government agencies (one in the mail room). They have many storage facilities with a main hub in St Louis which is mainly for VA files. It is not unusual for the government to move storage files to other places. I would not think what your supervisors are asking is out of the ordinary.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Jhill, I think your should really take jonke05 advice, he has a good idea on how to covertly collect info without raising a red flag (not that you being a member of ATS raises a red flag lol).

Just wondering though, if there is some catastraphic thing to happen what do you speculate it could be? I think the EMP thing made sense (maybe it would knock out CNN, YAY!).

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ok, this is not some great conspiracy. All government data is supposed to be backed up in Colorado and other sites due to national disaster rules for data backup. This came about because so much financial data was lost during 9/11. This is only a conspiracy of storage companies to make a ton of money.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Pellevoisin, Keeper of Discarded Prophecies
The prophecy states that Atlanta will burn again.

Three ground level nuclear devices will be used against it. One device goes off at Hartsfield Airport. One device goes off near CDC and Emory University. Another goes off where it can knock CNN off the air and destroy all communication nodes.

A very horrible prophecy, but one I take seriously enough (regardless of its religious origin) that I never travel through Atlanta.

In 2000 I had visions seeing the future. I woke up to the prophecy of the Arab world and some more.

Wrote/posted the prophecies and visions on 2 forums. Barbelith Morgana.

The above writing of Pellvoisin, is true and will happen.

It will knock of more than what is written , it will happen when one anchor man of CNN is reading the news, he works for CNN for many years. While he is reading the news, the CNN building all of a sudden Trembles, he stops talking looks to his back, all is clear, then as he wants to continue, a female hand hands him a note, he looks a bit confused and takes the note..at that same moment Bang the Center is hit the building trembles , the screens in the background go crack, some females fall down, voices of peoples screaming and Click their connection is of TV screens go black.

this signals the beginning of many until the whole world is looking like some bad housparty.

And it will happen, up to todays latest news, in the news papers , stating outbreaks again of birdflu, tbc found in cattle, Marburg killer virus spread by insects, california burning steady, Bush indeed being the last president such as the americans have grown used to, Obama being indeed the black president of the United~States as November [ hell yeah]..all signs that we have entered the last part before the world goes down.

A very dangerous propaganda being send out in the world regarding Iran, bush his croonies need a strike of Iran before Obama becomes president [ prophecy shows its bush who will have to run-get in car colonne driving him and others into safety-cars hit body's crawling out of cars, end journey bush and friends and not the black president ]..If they go for Iran, they, and they alone will set the world into absolute War. remember not the arabs not the blacks not the asians not the pakis nor any..but isaacs children. hmmm i wonder will all be foolish, or will they come to their senses before bush and friends make this mistake, and when I say friends I direct myself surely towards Israel as well, what do ye fear?

It has taken 8 years to come to the date 888.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I am new here, but read that some people taken middle of night from Ariz and Va already must be in the camps

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don't try to tell people in the city your concerns, or what you think might happen...They don't want to hear it, and they will just trample you for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
WEll I posted a few months ago about the Bunker at the Greenbrier...that is certainly out of state and they do guess what?.....store data. The tour I took I saw strange symbols on the doors and everything was locked with working magnetic locks with videocamera everywhere......no good warm and fuzzy when you take the tour......you can't help but think ....this is a fully functioning bunker and is being used as I walk through it....we only say a small part.....and from pictures that they put out on the walls it is easy to see the place is very big...and you don't see it all. I really should try to draw the symbols I saw.......the color was a light green on the blast door......CSX controls the Greenbrier now....and after researching their company a big part is data storage.....and rfid of product. I just started thinking that CSX could control all food, goods and services.....using the RFID and if the dollar fails...well an electronic form of the amero would be used for us lemmings to eat, work, etc.........we are really close to full collapse....or at least every thing is in place.
just thoughts......data transfer is probably a precurses...
speaknoevil07

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is interesting, friday on CSPAN, they were talking about an EMP threat... could be why you are being told to move your data.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by hippy2012]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mntruthseeker

I am new here, but read that some people taken middle of night from Ariz and Va already must be in the camps

What did those people do......govt? or just average "joes"........can you tell more......

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have worked in the data security and data protection field for 5 years and have to agree with others who have found little to be alarmed about in what has been shared by the OP.

The two week leadtime suggests urgency but that deadline could be driven by non-sinister things such as a looming internal testing of the facilities ability to move the data from one site to another on very short notice.

The OP did mention that the type of data being moved is of concern to him. Without more information about what type of data is being moved and why it causes alarm, we can't factor that into the equation here.

I will say this; it is now standard operating procedure to place DR sites in a different part of the country. I have a customer that distributes groceries around the US and Canada. They recently instituted a DR plan that calls for replication of their data to a facility outside of the Northeast. Why? Why not? They just felt that it made sense that, if they were going to operate an alternate data center site, it be far enough away from HQ to account for a possible regional weather event.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by speaknoevil07

Originally posted by mntruthseeker

What did those people do......govt? or just average "joes"........can you tell more......

please do. am curious to hear. maybe you could get your sources together and start a new thread discussion on it.

i have no clue OP about any of this.

Just kind of wanted to say that is seems unfair to be calling the OP's character into question. lots of ppl post things on this site w/out their character being called into question or being told that they should prove who they are or what they do. if you don't believe the OP, then go to someone else's thread.

doesn't matter the intent of the OP to me...... there have been some interesting things posted in response.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

New here. I haven't read all the post, just yours. I have a question. What is this "my supervisor" and "higher ups" lingo you use? Is this to sound more official or what? What government agency do you work for jhill76? Download to servers that you have control over? Sounds very official. Care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippy2012
This is interesting, friday on CSPAN, they were talking about an EMP threat... could be why you are being told to move your data.

www.youtube.com...

This is totally off topic but worth mentioning. Now you have my attention.

Last night on C2C the talk the first hour was an EMP attack. This afternoon on Fox News, some clown talking about Iran and EMP while I just trolled the channels.

3 hits on a rather obscure bomb design within 24 hours. Interesting.... I think the term is synchronicity I'm looking for.

now, back to topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow, some of you folks could put piranha to shame, and I didn't even get a whiff of blood before you started.

Just before I left work on Friday, my supervisor informed me that our server and PC's will begin to be backed up to an off-site storage on Monday. My reaction was "Cool! Finally!" since I've been telling them for years that they needed to do that; I guess the IT guys finally convinced them. But then I don't work for the Fed, I just work for a one-trick-pony nonprofit and the data they're worried about is our finance dept records and the records of all the people who ever gave us money.

But now if something happened and I did for some reason have a concern, I'd think twice about sharing here. If I didn't know why my own agency is suddenly going to off-site storage and were concerned about it, I wouldn't mind being told "don't worry, it's nothing unusual", but I sure would mind some of the other accusations and the questioning of my identity and stuff.

Maybe it just seemed weird to him and he wanted to get some reassurance, or just be able to tell someone.

jmho

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlytOfHnd
reply to post by jhill76

New here. I haven't read all the post, just yours. I have a question. What is this "my supervisor" and "higher ups" lingo you use? Is this to sound more official or what? What government agency do you work for jhill76? Download to servers that you have control over? Sounds very official. Care to elaborate?

Why in the hell would you ask him to reveal which agency he works for? and the use of the word "my supervisor" is exactly what I would use if I were talking about ...ermm...my supervisor
You sound like someone who is trying to intimidate a whistleblower...hmmm???.... mr., "I'm new here"? some of us are familiar with these kind of tactics...just innocent questions, eh? My aunt fanny...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Did you not read my posts? I said that we already store data in another city outside of Atlanta.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't taken the time to read 75 replies so don't hate me if I restate something here. Ok we have major communications overhaul of Site R in Penn. A huge Fed wide data transfer. A call for "contractor" f-15 pilots to the middle east. Israeli f-15 fighter planes stationed in Iraq (things that make you go Hmmm.) And on a personal note I have been approached by a person claiming to be the great grand son of Woodrow Wilson who says and I quote. We don't care what you have done in the past, when the time comes you will instinctively do what you have been trained to do. (Contractor on assignment Penn) I don't care if you don't believe it, I was there.

Indy Mac failed. If banks start dropping, Martial Law is a guarantee. Crime will be off the chain. I would say that "yet again" we find ourselves on the precipice of some major Shenanigans.

If you want more on the pilot call U2U me.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by KMFNWO]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join