It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name whispered in the morning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Holy schnikez!

I just had something like this happen this morning, I was awoken by an increasingly loud pulse in my head in the middle of my dream, like a heartbeat I guess and when it got unbarably loud I woke up and my clock was one minute before my alarm went off... at 6:59 am... real weird, not a voice but a repeating sound...

I've had myself wake up numerous times right before my alarm, but never one minute away, that was seriously some good brain action to pull that off...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't have any useful info to add - just to say that it's happened to me a few times through the years - but not consistently

it's always be pleasant and a couple of times it was actually helpful

I read through the thread and I can't find if you say whether it was female or male - just pleasant

the only reason I mention it is I once read that when someone hallucinates a voice - it's much harder for the mind to conjure up a womans voice than it is to create a mans voice - for some reason

I can't for the life of me remember where I read that - or why that's so

and - I don't think it's a hallucination - I just thought that was interesting

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

" My name whispered in the morning "

Not a whisper, but a very pleasant and inquisitive type of "HELLO"

woke me this morning..
She has a nice voice! It was very clear, and it was NO DREAM

I even replied to the inquisitive hello, thinking that someone may have gotten in,

but I quickly realized there was no one about, and it had to be my spirit guide.

It was the type of hello you'd hear from a real estate person checking to see if anyone was home!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube
I've heard the whisper of my name too! Also, sometimes in the morning, I hear a loud knock on the door and I live alone. I run to the door and nobody is there...creeps me out.

My thoughts would be that it is less supernatural, maybe more HAARP related or Project Blue Beam in it's early phases...

My intuition tells me its something more benevolent than HAARP. Cant rule it out of course, but I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I read through the thread and I can't find if you say whether it was female or male - just pleasant

the only reason I mention it is I once read that when someone hallucinates a voice - it's much harder for the mind to conjure up a womans voice than it is to create a mans voice - for some reason

I can't for the life of me remember where I read that - or why that's so

and - I don't think it's a hallucination - I just thought that was interesting

It was a female-ish whisper mixed with a strange kind of etheric static.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

" My name whispered in the morning "

Not a whisper, but a very pleasant and inquisitive type of "HELLO"

woke me this morning..
She has a nice voice! It was very clear, and it was NO DREAM

I even replied to the inquisitive hello, thinking that someone may have gotten in,

but I quickly realized there was no one about, and it had to be my spirit guide.

It was the type of hello you'd hear from a real estate person checking to see if anyone was home!

Interesting because much more blatant than mine which took place in a state of morning wake-up.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ok, a few days ago, my wife came into my special room here, where i am now, and said .........what, i said huh......i was like what are you talking about, she said did you call my name, i said nooooo. shortly after i heard the phone ring, from just out in the hallway. then my wife walked down the hall, i said who called.......she stopped and looked at me like what the hell are you talking about. i heard it plain as day. but noone called. i said it must have been a t.v. or something, she shook her head no. i dont know what happened, but it was a weird day to say the least. so theres something to this i think.

that happened alot that day, and hasnt happened since. my wife wont even talk about it now. it freaked her out. and no she doesnt like any kind of conspiracy stuff. shes almost he opposite of me, in that respect.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81

that happened alot that day, and hasnt happened since. my wife wont even talk about it now. it freaked her out. and no she doesnt like any kind of conspiracy stuff. shes almost he opposite of me, in that respect.

Someone else in this thread (this or last page) shared a story about hearing a voice and then the phone ringing.

Maybe thats the supernatural-beings way of saying "hello! message for you"

(or its something more sinister like remote mind control...which I dont think is the case in my case though)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This is actually a very normal phenomenon that people experience. It happens during the lucid dreaming state, in less then a minute, where you are not quite asleep but not quite awake.

It tends to happen to people who are overly tired and exhausted. The body is quickly trying to adjust itself between awake and sleep and people often hear or see memories at this time. This is also where twitching occurs.

This is a time where people report a lot of "ghosts". Because they see someone.

i jsut has this happen to me last night. Usually the name calling is stressed or fearful and it jerks me back awake.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Recently I was scheduled to catch a flight in the morning. I was awoken by a voice whispering my name in a most pleasant way.

This is not the first time this is happened to me. Everytime it does happen it happens in the context of me needing to wake up in the morning. It often happens when I forgot to set my alarm clock.

Its nothing psychotic like being terrorized by voices but a pleasant, gentle, slightly humorous tone which calls me by the name I had in my childhood (a short version of my name). The tone is like a whisper into my ears, audible not in the waking-state but in a half-sleep state.

Ive noticed if I dont respond to it and instead go back to deep sleep, phones start ringing, people start calling or some other noise starts up.

In all instances it turned out that waking up at the time I was woken up by that whisper was helpful or beneficial and that something would have gone downhill had I not woken up at that time.

Because of the benevolent nature of these whispers I conclude that its "someone" watching over me, my higher self or some aspect of myself for example.

Anyone experience something similar?

My mom does this to me, frequently..and she's been dead since 1992.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Here's one that's sort of the opposite ...

This was a few years ago now. I was laying in bed ready to go to sleep, and for some unknown reason I yelled out a friend's name quite loudly. I don't know why I did it, it caught me off guard. She wasn't a close friend, there was no special connection to her or anything of that nature.

The next day I saw this friend and she said 'last night I was laying in bed and someone said my name very clearly and it freaked me out'. I never mentioned that I'd said her name, because quite frankly I felt like an idiot. I don't know if it was me she heard, but it was an odd coincidence.

I thought about posting this earlier in this thread, but it just seemed silly. I just wonder now if she's forever wondering some of the ideas of what people on here might think it is, when this happens. I'm not a ghost or her spirit guide! I wasn't meditating or doing it purposely, it was just a random thing, and strange.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I was wondering;

How close were you to each other when that happened and

prior to this event, did you feel a connection to them?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
reply to post by violet

I was wondering;

How close were you to each other when that happened and

prior to this event, did you feel a connection to them?

We live in the same town - thought I should mention that, it's not like we were in the same house.

She was dating a family member of mine, that's how I know her. I hadn't known her long, a year maybe. We did hang out a bit during that time, but not close 'friends'. That would be the only connection, we don't really have anything else in common,

[edit on 28-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hello original poster,

Hearing my name and waking up from it, has happened to me for many years, although not very often. It has never happened unless I was alone in the bed. It it late here now, but I'll try to elaborate a bit more tomorrow. In short, the voice seems hard to genderize, but I'd lean towards male. Also, when I hear my name like that (it has been more than 5 years since it last happened), the voice seems insistent. It has also happened to me while I was driting off to sleep, then only to be awakened by it. When I hear it, it always sounds just a bit too much like it was actually said in the real world, and not in my head, if you know what I mean. Also, when I hear it, I instantly awake and become hypersensitive to my surroundings, in that I strain my ears anyhow and become very alert.

Do you get any of those things also? Anyhow, nice to hear of other people who have experienced the same thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
hi op, let me tell you about my ''experience'' About 15 years ago i shared a house with 2 friends which was at 1 time used as an orphanage, weather this bit is relevant or not i don't no but i remember one afternoon me and one of the housemates were in the front room, i was sat relaxing with my eyes closed quite sleepy but still aware of what was going on when i heard my name ''ROBERT'' spoken in a loud assertive way, it really startled me and i jumped in shock, i looked over to my friend who was sat with headphones on in his own little world, this voice did not come from him i asked him, it did not sound like him! also I'm known as rob and i have a nick name and as far as i know the only people to call me Robert are my close family or people in sort of authority if you like, also we were the only people in the house, this has not happened since but it was so disturbing to me that i have never forgotten it, it felt like my thoughts had been kind of broken into by some invisible entity. I'm glad you don't find your inner voice frightening! was this my subconsciousness? i don't know.

[edit on 28/7/2008 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Skyfloating,

I forgot to mention, that I've been woken several times from a shaking of the bed, with no one else in the house.

I don't think it is poltergeists, just a spirit guide trying to get me going.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

"subconcious"

Not likely.

Have you ever played with a Ouija board?

I ask because, what they do is bring demons into your life. It doesn't have to be like all the drama in the movies. You should read up on them.

But since you didn't point out a problem that happened or was maybe avoided, I suppose it could of been just a lost spirit of the orphanage that never passed on to the other side.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This thread has inspired me to tell about something unusual that happened to me 2 nights ago.I was in front of my PC with head phones on watching videos and I started to shut applications down to go to bed but had not taken my headphone off yet.With th PC off at this point and about to pull the headphones off I heard a voice through the headphones in a almost electronic yet at the same time human sounding voice that simply said in a very honest sounding way "Your wonderful". Thats it; nothing else just that.I actually got the over whelming sense of contentness come over me.It was very unusual that was a first for me.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 8/5/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

is this an old thread? maybe someone else started a thread like this, anyways skyfloating, I have had something similar.

When I was first digging into bigger concepts, spiritual in nature that is, some things started happening, like intense ringing in my head at random points in the day all sorts of stuff. One night when I was alllllmost asleep... so I guess I was my thinking was in the theta frequency, as was yours I assume, which allows us to pick up certain messages I believe. Children under 5 think in theta frequency apparently, I don't doubt it. But yeah... I heard my name quite clearly, in a mans voice that i did not recognize, quite calmy. He just said "Stephen".. it was enough to grab my attention and wake me from that semi-sleep state.

That was the only (maybe there was another), word that I heard in my head, while going to sleep or waking up.. but I have woken up with words in my head, just like in language or memory, without a sound. Its pretty interesting. I had a couple dreams that I sincerly felt were past life recalls, and often woke up with a date, or amount of years in my head, and maybe a name of a location.

But as far as the name being called.. my theory is that someones trying to get our attention.. perhaps in a different frequency, as its my belief our awareness of conciousness changes focus or frequency in different dream frequencies.. It could be someone waiting for you to sleep, to talk to you? Maybe.. a spirit guide, higher self, another ego? I can't say.

But it has happened to me as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
This was a few years ago now. I was laying in bed ready to go to sleep, and for some unknown reason I yelled out a friend's name quite loudly. I don't know why I did it, it caught me off guard. She wasn't a close friend, there was no special connection to her or anything of that nature.

The next day I saw this friend and she said 'last night I was laying in bed and someone said my name very clearly and it freaked me out'. I never mentioned that I'd said her name, because quite frankly I felt like an idiot. I don't know if it was me she heard, but it was an odd coincidence.

Thats awesome. It sounds like the part of you that is able to communicate outside the limits of space and time talked to her and she heard it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join