It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name whispered in the morning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

When this first started happening to me about two years ago, I almost always heard many voices as if singing or chanting and always when going to sleep or waking. But for the last few months they come to me now mostly as one person, either female or male and they come at any time during the day or night.

Since I began meditating regularly they seem to be more intent on presenting themselves and even answering questions. But it takes my complete attention to communicate. This is why I usually meditate in the eve and am when there is no one to interrupt me.

I always hear them in my right ear in which I have a 70% loss of hearing. Go figure.

Recently I have begun to receive images which I won't go into detail here but I sense I am being directed towards something. I suspect it will take more time to understand. After all Rome wasn't built in a day.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I've had this happen my whole life in two different forms.

One way has been me distinctly hearing one of my parents (usually my dad) call me "J.J!" (Which my parents are absolutely the only people who have ever called me that) happilly just as I was starting to fall asleep. It only happens if I fall asleep before 9:30-ish and it happens before 10 PM (It's barely happened in the past few years as I'm hardly ever in bed before 1 AM.) I've found out from my mom that my dad always says a quick bedtime prayer around that time out loud before he and my mom go to bed and always includes me and now my family in that prayer. I believe that I'm "hearing" my parents pray for me.

The other occurrences were related to something I brought up in another thread on the topic of personal strange stories and the connection I seem to have with shadow people. On the rare occassions when I've been woken up by someone saying my name it has been somehow tied in with me seeing something fleeting in the room upon waking up. These times have not been pleasant, but they haven't been particularly disturbing to me, either. It's just something I learned to live with and honestly, since I've accepted it (and since I've trimmed my sleeptime down to about 4 hours a night.) they've become fewer and further between.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The fact that you were in an altered state of consciousness lends me to prefer the explanation that this was your higher self directing you. I have had these types of experiences from various stages of sleep, but the really interesting ones, were (are) the ones that occur while I am fully conscious. I can remember three or four of them, one was definitely my deceased wife communicating a personal message. To others were from angels or spirit guides. You might try a self directing experiment by meditating on a command to wake yourself at a certain time in this fashion, and or, alternatively asking your spirit guides to awaken you during significant dream teachings.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You will forgive me i hope if i say this is your subconcious talking to you. After a good deal of research over the years and anecdotal evidence from people i've talked to myself i've found the subconcious to be very strong. I would suggest this is your subconcious deciding whats best for you and carrying it out, i think you're blessed because most people seem to silence their subconcious and forget about it, it only performs the basic mechanical tasks. To me the subconcious is also your gut instinct if that makes any sense?

Edit

sorry i just wanted to say that listening to your subconcious doesn't make you insane, nuts or even slightly wrong headed. I wanted to make that clear so you didn't think i was saying you were psychotic. The subconcious is a documented thinga nd is amazing, i just htink certain people listen to it at a more concious level than others. Every story i hear of a policemen listening to his/her gut instinct i always think the subconcious is behind it, pointing out ideas they never would have thought of.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Recently I was scheduled to catch a flight in the morning. I was awoken by a voice whispering my name in a most pleasant way.

This is not the first time this is happened to me. Everytime it does happen it happens in the context of me needing to wake up in the morning. It often happens when I forgot to set my alarm clock.

Its nothing psychotic like being terrorized by voices but a pleasant, gentle, slightly humorous tone which calls me by the name I had in my childhood (a short version of my name). The tone is like a whisper into my ears, audible not in the waking-state but in a half-sleep state.

Ive noticed if I dont respond to it and instead go back to deep sleep, phones start ringing, people start calling or some other noise starts up.

In all instances it turned out that waking up at the time I was woken up by that whisper was helpful or beneficial and that something would have gone downhill had I not woken up at that time.

Because of the benevolent nature of these whispers I conclude that its "someone" watching over me, my higher self or some aspect of myself for example.

Anyone experience something similar?

I've experience this accept I recognized the voice as my friend that passed away. It had not been long after his passing. The crazier thing was he smacked me in the side of my forehead and I woke up instantly remembering him call my name like he was trying to wake me up. Like he was standing right there. I was in a very relaxed slumber until that happened.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I was driving up a canyon in the mountains when I heard a voice say slow down, I thought it was nothing until I heard it again and much louder coming from the back of my car. I stopped the car completely spooked in a way since I was alone and within seconds a truck came around the corner spun out and flipped over from the ice on the road. The driver was in critical condition and I had to give the report to the police when they arrived. I was sure someone was warning me that I would have been involved in that accident if I had not stopped. This is what has always given me faith in a God or someone watching over me. The voice also sounded as if almost familiar like it could have been a deceased family member or who knows a guardian angel. I would like to think I have a guardian angel always by my side.

Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've heard my name called at least once that I can recall. I've also felt a presence trying to wake me up. And yet another time I had to get up early for a midterm, but I didn't get up when the alarm went off. Instead I went back to sleep and something crumpled plastic on my desk to try and wake me. I heard it but ignored it and tried to go back to sleep. A few seconds later, the plastic was crumpled even louder this time so I jumped out of bed and said "alright I'm up!" Each time my door was locked and I was alone in my room.

I believe it could be angels or loved ones that have passed. Either way, someone is lookin out for me

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's your Guarding Angel, if anything.

"Spirits on Earth" don't exist, they are demons. There is no such thing as a "spiritual guide". The only good supernatural force on Earth are Angels. When you die, there are two worlds beyond Earth you leave to: Heaven and Hell. There is no grey, no in-between. Demons are masters of persuasion and trickery, they can mask themselves as dead relatives, and even talk to you. Don't be fooled. This goes for everyone reading this post.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hi Sky,
Interesting thread (as per usual
)

I have a question for you (and the other posters)
Did you have an invisible 'friend' as a child?
(Think 'Shilo' by Neil Diamond!)

I did (or so my mum told me later) and I had not thought - or talked to her (my friend) - for years.
Maybe as children - without the doctrine of "Oh don't be silly - there is no-one there!" we 'see and experience their presence' this could be the 'guardian' that never really leaves us!

Just my 2c worth
H

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sounds like what David Wilcock has mentioned as a benefit to being psychic. A voice in his head wakes him up as well, so he says.

Don Juan talks about the dreaming emmisary, which eventually starts being a voice in your head while awake.

I think in the end as we developand enlighten.. we all will develop a voice in our heads informing us. Doesnt matter what u call it, all that matters is you increase the occurence and learn about it to maximize its usefulness.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Interesting! Once right as i was about to be asleep i swear someone said my name as clear as day,i instantly asnswered what,but noone was there and everyone was asleep except me! I admit i was a litle unnerved because i know i heard it. Obviously i havent forgotten about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I personally believe i have a guardian angel.
Iv escaped death a few to many times.
not necessarily being physically hurt and fighting for my life but rather having close encounters with fate.
been in more then 6 car accidents, survived.
Iv had about 15 or more near miss's in my car, head ons, side ons and i just barely manage to get out of the way, inches from disaster.
I've been to jail, survived with close calls.
iv had numerous close encounters on my motorbike, if any impact i would have been a human jigsaw puzzle.
Iv been in several emergency plane landings (when i was younger)

call it coincidence or someone giving me a extra hand, whatever it is there's some other force there giving me guidance.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by JOINTHERESISTANCE]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Id say its a combination of two different phenomena.

The first is that you were probably dreaming some pleasant childhood dream and perhaps were woken up by someone calling your name in the dream.

The second is your internal mental clock deciding upon the time to wake you up using the phenomenon mentioned above.

I have the same thing- I find that a junction in a dream usually wakes me up at a fortuitous time. Of course at other times, I simply bolt upright and fully awake straight out of an REM cycle to find another couple of minutes to go on the alarm.

Whatever it is, its a damn lucky gift to have... I have never missed anything in my life so far thanks to this ability.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
A friend of mine once experienced this when he once overslept for school. He was in the state where you have just woken up, but are still feeling the aftereffects from dreamland and still have your eyes closed in bed. Half awake, half asleep. Suddenly he hears this voice saying "Your train leaves in 10 minutes, shes comming now"

2 seconds later his mom rushes into his bedroom telling him hes got 10 minutes before the train leaves.

whatever it is its pretty cool if you ask me

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
Hello Skyfloating, I was wondering if you mediated? Because I have noticed that when I meditate I hear my higher self more. Just a thought.

On that particular morning, just a few days ago, I happened to be in pretty good spirits. It was my last vacation day and I had been meditating a lot.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Very nice account. The fact that the tone was gentle and benevolent shows that maybe you didnt have to "stop feeding it" as you say.

A shame we have so many different explanations and no certainty. Shows how abysmal our knowledge of the paranormal is.

Im still leaning toward higher-self/spirit-guide/another-aspect-of-myself/guardian-angel...all of which might be the same thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
I have a question for you (and the other posters)
Did you have an invisible 'friend' as a child?
(Think 'Shilo' by Neil Diamond!)

I dont remember having that type of "invisible friend" as a child, though I do grasp and believe in the concept.

Ive always had the sense of being "watched out for" though and have experienced many other paranormal phenomena.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Reply to All:

Thanks everyone for showing me that this is not uncommon.

I´ll add that the voice called me about 4 to 5 times before I finally opened my eyes and once more after my eyes were open.

Next time it happens I wont settle for simply being amazed but try to start a conversation.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Just one further thought on the 'invisible friend' thing,
Most children 'grow out' of it.... is it because as our teachings in school and even pre-school start to change our perception of the 'material' world, the gift of 'seeing', for want of a better word, fades.

However, in moments of stress, (such as 'oh sheesh, I have to get up early tomorrow for that flight'- or when in imminent danger) this triggers a long lost memory or opens up the hitherto communication channel with that guardian spirit/entity.

Just ponderin'

H

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

...either in moments of high stress, or in moments of complete lack of stress (which describes my state that morning).

I was so mellow I was even willing to miss my flight and extend my vacation stay. I was even pondering moving to the place. "Something" preferred me to catch that flight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join