It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name whispered in the morning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Recently I was scheduled to catch a flight in the morning. I was awoken by a voice whispering my name in a most pleasant way.

This is not the first time this is happened to me. Everytime it does happen it happens in the context of me needing to wake up in the morning. It often happens when I forgot to set my alarm clock.

Its nothing psychotic like being terrorized by voices but a pleasant, gentle, slightly humorous tone which calls me by the name I had in my childhood (a short version of my name). The tone is like a whisper into my ears, audible not in the waking-state but in a half-sleep state.

Ive noticed if I dont respond to it and instead go back to deep sleep, phones start ringing, people start calling or some other noise starts up.

In all instances it turned out that waking up at the time I was woken up by that whisper was helpful or beneficial and that something would have gone downhill had I not woken up at that time.

Because of the benevolent nature of these whispers I conclude that its "someone" watching over me, my higher self or some aspect of myself for example.

Anyone experience something similar?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
When I have to get up at a set time, even though I set my alarm, I'll usually wake up just before it goes off. Could it be that when you went to bed you programmed your brain (sub-consciously or consciously) to wake up in the am, not really needing an alarm? I think you may have woken up whilst still in a dream state and the voices are part of the dream. Then maybe you somehow manipulate the words unknowingly to what feels comfortable to you.

My dreams begin while falling asleep, not after when in deep sleep, and are going until I wake up. Maybe other people are different; REM - when dreamstate takes place. So to answer your question, yes it happens to me. I just think the voices were from characters in my dreams.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Although I agree that it most likely is yourself setting your internal clock to wake you up, which I do all the time... I always wake up 10 min's before my alarm... However, I also believe in gaurdian angels... Call them what you will but it could be your gaurdian angel... Possibly someone who has passed away... Maybe a grandmother or your mother?

I understand the concept of the internal clock and how we can literally wake ourselves up at a given time... I have never heard voices and that is why I mentioned the gaurdian angel...

I spose it could also be a seperate state of conscience... You mentioned something about how it was mid sleep and waking, you could literally be in a different conscience level, maybe even a slight OBE... Course I'm not the one to ask about that...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Reply to violet:

Well, whether its a dream or not, its somehow "communication from another state of awareness" and in that sense its "paranormal". I said it might be "another aspect of myself", which could also be my dream-self.

Whoever it is, it knows when I need to wake up and will take care that I do wake up when its necessary.

I still get the idea that this voice is distinct from my dreamself because of its off-ish quality. It sounds as if it comes in on a static of etheral wind.

If its "just" a dream though, thats still remarkable.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Since the voice calls me by my childhood name rather than the full name I use today it might be a "guardian angel" or "my higher self". My reason for believing this is that it only happens when its really important for me to wake up (last time I would have missed my flight...a flight which lead to another series of beneficial events)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hi Skyfloating

My instincts tell me that this is your guide calling you. We have wonderful helpers in spirit that assist us through our adventures here on earth.

Your guide was incredibly kind to assist you in awaking at the required time. How blessed you must be to have such an involved and caring spirit helper.

Kind regards,

Dobbie

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I wake about 5 minutes before my alarm, most mornings, and lay there looking at it. And even as I see it tick over to 6am, I still jump when it goes off.

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hi Skyfloating,

I think you may be experiencing Hypnopompia I get this sometimes, although I have more experiences in a hypnagogic state.

Its all fun though, I wish we could learn more about theta waves and what they really mean, do you know much about epsilon waves?

cheers,

JQ.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hi John Q. From the link you provided:

Depressed frontal lobe function in the first few minutes after waking - known as "sleep inertia" - causes slowed reaction time and impaired short-term memory. Sleepers often wake confused, or speak without making sense, a phenomenon the psychologist Peter McKeller calls "hypnopompic speech."

I dont think this describes what has been happening to me though.

Beyond all the rationalizing I think its what poster Dobbie said it was: Some sort of Soul Guide. Why? Because of the elation felt after waking.

I know what alpha, theta, delta waves are (and enjoy learning more about them)...but what are epsilon waves?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Reminds me of the time when I had to sleep in my sisters old room once just after she'd moved out and when I woke up, I layed real still and could hear my sister and her boyfriend having a full on conversation between each other for a few minutes. Then I just got up out of bed trying to work out what just happened.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It was about 7:20 or so in the morning when I heard my eldest daughter come into my room and begin trying to wake myself and her little sister who was about three or four months old. She had a tendency to want to wake us up and I who had had a restless night with her sister was perturbed by her insistence that we get up, so grouchily I told her that she either lay down quietly with us or go back to her room and play for a little bit until we woke up. She sadly sauntered back to her room.

I began to feel guilty knowing that she just wanted to be with us so I went to her room to cheer her up and tell her that I didn't mean to be so crabby about her waking us. I had been in talking with her for about a minute when I heard a very loud crash in the direction of my bedroom so I went racing off to make sure my littlest was o.k. because I had left her asleep on the bed.

When I got about halfway through the hallway and could see in the distance that she, my youngest, was o.k. I heard my name called to me. It was a soft woman's voice not really whispered but not loud either. I immediately turned toward the voice and nobody was there.

My brain was telling me that I hadn't heard it and as I started to turn away it was said again. Then I felt a cold breeze. I decided I wasn't going to stick around to see or hear anything else so I called out to my oldest daughter to come and I woke my little one and bolted out of the house to go on a walk. I then proceeded to call anyone who would listen to tell them what I had experienced.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
For me I was fully awake, fully cognitive, and it was in the light of day. I do have a recollection of my name being called in my sleep on other occasions but I always shook it away that I was probably dreaming. After having my name called in the light of day I have a different view now.

I believe that you have had your name called. It is always reassuring to hear of someone else having a similar experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A friend of mine talked about a similar experience, he heard a female pleasant voice saying "-Time to wake up!"

He says he can always wake up by himself at any time he specifies before going to bed as well, though I think the voice was a one time thing.

Not sure what to make of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hi Sky

Can i recommend that the next time you hear this voice try and talk back , simply say hi and ask for "its" name, I say "its" as i feel this is actually you becoming aware of your "higher self" the higher self is self aware and you are not, as soon as you indulge this action it may give you few nice surprises, the higher self holds the answers to ANY question you can concieve of

Valorian

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Now, this has happened to me several times- no body calls out my name but- i feel as though someone has tapped me so i wont be late for work or whatever i am doing!!!

Angels, i beleive! How sweet!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This happened to me a lot when I was younger. It would always occur at the end of a dream, it'd be a very pleasant, mother-like voice saying my name, henceforth waking me. Don't recall any instances in which I was late for anything, but just as an overall "Hey get up."

I buy into the idea that it is my spirit guide. I believe our spirit guides assist us through life, helping us learn valuable lessons, so that when we reach our last incarnation, we are ready to evolve into our higher selves, or something to that effect. Maybe I've been listening to too much Delerium.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by DocEmrick]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
ever since I was a kid (a long time ago) I have had the experience of hearing a tapping or knocking noise in the mornings - as if someone was knocking lightly on an outside door, or even a window with a slight rattle to it. Many times I would try and look to see who was knocking, but of course there was no one. It has only been recently that I have finally realized that this is something other than a physical reality thing. I now acknowledge the tapping - it still happens regularly - and take it for what it is. I just accept it as part of my reality, a kind of blending of this physical world and that other less tangible one.
As far as voices go, yes, I have heard my name called quite distinctly on rare occasions, but usually just at some odd time during the day or evening.
I am believing more and more in that world that exists just beyond the tangible, yet just within reach nevertheless.
cheers, enjoy your extended self, or whatever it might be.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
Hi Sky

Can i recommend that the next time you hear this voice try and talk back , simply say hi and ask for "its" name, I say "its" as i feel this is actually you becoming aware of your "higher self" the higher self is self aware and you are not, as soon as you indulge this action it may give you few nice surprises, the higher self holds the answers to ANY question you can concieve of

Valorian

Ive always had the sense of being "guided" and "looked after" in a way. I did acknowledge the wake-up call in a silent thank-you - as if I were talking to my higher self.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Now, this has happened to me several times- no body calls out my name but- i feel as though someone has tapped me so i wont be late for work or whatever i am doing!!!

Angels, i beleive! How sweet!

I remember being tapped for waking up too. Something would tap me. And if Id continue sleeping it would tap me again until I woke up.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

this has happened to me a handful of times in my life, but usually before i am about to sleep and it wakes me up and i try to figure out which direction it came from cause i was laying on my pillow and only one ear not drowned out by a pillow tp hear

it does always strike me as what the F but since nothing else comes of it, i just forget about it

its trippy though

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join