It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name whispered in the morning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The fact that the tone was gentle and benevolent shows that maybe you didnt have to "stop feeding it" as you say.

That's right: rub it in...

I know, I have doubts myself.
But back then, and even though I wasn't afraid or anything, I relied on the experience (supposed or real) of others.

Now that I think back, it may be or coincidence or not, but that happened to be a time where I found myself at a crossroads (really life-defining).

I wonder, though: was the voice that I heard a few summers ago of the same kind?
If it was, then perhaps it didn't die of starvation? :-)

BTW, and in case anyone is building a hypothesis, I never had any "imaginary friends", either.
(Or very many "real" ones, for that matter.
)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Driving home after work late one evening I heard a voice say "slow down". It was very clear and precise. It was not however as if talking in normal conversation - more of an internally received voice, same as telepathy is. I was driving well within the speed limit, but the vision was poor ahead due to S-bends and buildings. Fortunately I took the warning seriously which probably prevented a collision, a few minutes later, with a reckless driver coming in the opposite direction who squealed round the corner ahead, crossing into my lane where I probably would have been had I continued without lowering my speed.
I've thought I've heard my name called at times and responded thinking it was a family member calling - they deny having called. No idea what that's about though.
A similar and first instance of this type of phenomena was as a child, around four years of age and not satisfied with my father's answer to my question regarding where the universe ended ...'it's infinite', I was running the idea of an endless universe through my mind and was unable to accept this could possibly be right when I heard clearly stated "worlds within worlds". My immediate cognition of this was that I was stomping all over other worlds beneath my feet...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think this is more prevalent when we're younger, as most have said our perceptions when we're younger are more in touch with nature. Other times, these sorts of things happen after meditation, just Google "Effects of Meditation."

On another note, I'd like to ad...this isn't just a voice that suddenly pops into your mind. This is an audible sound, it sounds as if it's coming from right next to your ear. It's like your spirit guide/guardian angel/higher self, can stimulate the small bones of your ear, and only you can hear it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting .. I used to sometimes hear a male voice saying my name quite clearly as I was going to sleep when I was younger, I just put it down to imagining things but now I wonder if it wasn't my imagination ...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
sorry for the long post, i keep thinking of things and adding more...

2 things in this thread REALLY got my attention.

the first which is pertinent to the topic: (after reading the rest of the pages. i see superstef had an identical experience)

i was awakened by someone whispering my name in the middle of the night. it kept saying my name like it was trying to get my attention and i heard it even when i woke up. i thought it was my dad trying to wake me up so i let out a groggy "WHAT?!" but no one replied. i was too scared to look around so i just lay there until the sun came up pretending to be asleep. i passed it off as dream/imagination and never told anyone about it until...

a few weeks later a friend spent the night and passed out on my bed. i slept on the couch. the next morning he was telling me about a voice that was whispering MY name.

I just told this account in another thread yesterday and one of the replies suggested a shared dream of sorts. i'd love to see how this thread develops since this experience is one of the things that drew me to ATS to look for answers.

the other thing that caught my attention is the alarm clock phenomena. it's true that you can put yourself on a schedule and wake up by instinct once your body becomes accustomed to the rhythm. i myself have woken up mere seconds before the alarm would go off on countless occasions. a few weeks ago actually, i had to get up a little earlier so i set my alarm back an hour or so. i STILL jolted awake, popped my eyes open and whacked the button to turn the alarm off about 10 seconds before it would have triggered.

do any of you have something similar happen when setting a cooking timer? i VERY frequently get anxious right before the timer goes off when i'm cooking. happened twice in the past 2 days. monday i was cooking myself dinner and i got in the kitchen with 6 seconds left. tuesday my wife was cooking something and i had no idea how long the timer was set for. i got there with just over a minute left. i'll be sitting there watching tv and i'll just feel like i have to get up and check the food to see how it's coming along and it's almost always right when the timer is about to go off.

i think there's more to this whispering than a simple subconscious or inner voice. it seems to be very external, at least in some situations, since we have corroboration by of acquaintances hearing the same voice.

as for the waking, i never had a voice or other phenomena wake me up before my alarm, i just jolt awake. the accounts of voices telling people to slow down just before an accident happens is fascinating. i also haven't had that, but i have felt anxious about the way i'm driving and slow down just before i pass a police car. =)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Interesting .. I used to sometimes hear a male voice saying my name quite clearly as I was going to sleep when I was younger, I just put it down to imagining things but now I wonder if it wasn't my imagination ...

Are you a male yourself?
Would you say the voice was similar to yours?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This has happened to me on two occasions. One time it was when i got into bed and turned off all the lights, when suddenly i felt someone wisper my name right into my ear. I bolted right up, trying to think wether i imagined it. I wasn't even falling alsleep yet.

Because it was so creepy i decided i probably imagined.

Now fast forward a few years, i moved back home for a couple of years and was occupying the same room as when i had the first whisper incident.
My younger brother was now a grown up teenager who liked to stay out past his bed time and come home late at night, sneaking.

It was one of those late nights he was still out, and i was reading a book in bed. It was 1 in the morning i think, and i was really into this book. I heard my brother come home and creep up the stairs quietly and into his room next to mine. I decided to finish the chapter and go to sleep myself. When i finished the chapter i turned off the light and closed my eyes. I think i was thinking about the book and couldn't fall asleep for a while longer, eventually as some time passed i readjusted my duvet cover and decided to try falling asleep. Then suddenly i felt something next to my face and a quick whisper called my name. I had the same reaction. I bolted straight out of my bed a leaped out of my room and into my mothers room. I climbed right into her bed. My mother woke up and asked what i was doing, i told her what happened and she said i was crazy. I was 25 at the time. She said the bed was to crowded for the both of us and asked me to go sleep in my bothers room, then she remembered and asked if he was back yet. When i said he came back she got up to check on him. Anyways when she went into his room he was already asleep and a lamp fell over and was alredy burning a hole in the fabric. She turned to me and said... it was a guardian angel.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

No I'm very much female
it was no voice that I recognised and I shared a room with my little sister, so wasn't her. It was an external voice I heard not an internal one.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

OK, I see.

I was asking because of my own experience (see the first post).

And I am glad you stressed it was an external voice because that's precisely what we're talking here. It's an important distinction.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Yeah I thought I'd written that it was an external voice but obviously not, damn my tired brain, it's been a long few days/weeks
I used to hear it spoken close to my right ear and I stopped hearing it after I moved house about 7-8 years ago so I wonder if it was related to the house or not.

Having read back through some of the posts, someone mentioned about invisible friends when they were younger. Now I don't remember having one but my mum used to say how I often spoke of an entity, a "green lady" in the corner of my room (a different house to the one I heard my name spoken) between the ages of 4-10. Most likely unrelated and possibly something from my subconscious creating a "protector" of sorts given the somewhat troubled upbringing I had. I don't know to be honest.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh, regarding the external/internal voice distinction I wasn't referring to your post. It's just that I've noticed that people often confuse hearing an external voice (like the OP, you, myself) with internal "voices".

And there's nothing wrong with discussing that either, it's just that this thread is not about THAT kind of voices (even though they're an interesting phenomenon in themselves).

P.S.
"Green lady"...?
Interesting.
I think it may be worth your while exploring it - if it's possible, of course.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

hmmmm....something I just noticed when you said it sounded like a family member....the voice I heard....now that I remember it ... defiantly sounded like my moms voice.. only when she was in a good mood. Soft spoken....she passed away 2 years go ..

something else I might have noticed...are we all hearing the same female voice ?? If so, why ? how would it be possible ??

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

"Green lady"...?
Interesting.
I think it may be worth your while exploring it - if it's possible, of course.
[edit on 9-7-2008 by Vanitas]

I wouldn't know where to begin exploring this to be honest. If he/she/it does exist (for the sake of arguements I'll refer to it as her) then I don't know if she's tied to my old house, me or just a figment of a child's imagination.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

something else I might have noticed...are we all hearing the same female voice ??

Not everyone hears a female voice.
Phoenix-Zephyr didn't.

But maybe you weren't referring to that.

And who knows... anything is possible, I suppose.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

That's interesting re-cooking alarms. I rarely use one, but get the same feeling as you when a microwave oven is due to finish. In fact I think you can expand this ability to other uses where timing applies including traffic lights which is a bit of fun. None of this however includes any verbalisations as per original post, but does seem to have a thread of connection.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
On another note, I'd like to ad...this isn't just a voice that suddenly pops into your mind. This is an audible sound, it sounds as if it's coming from right next to your ear. It's like your spirit guide/guardian angel/higher self, can stimulate the small bones of your ear, and only you can hear it.

Thats right. Its audible and effects the ear not just the mind or the dreamscape.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

yes, I also frequently awaken before the alarm clock says so...sometimes seconds before.

I dont think the phenomena of the voice is directly connected to that though. That seems more like a subconscious thing, whereas the voice "feels" as if it really does want to communicate. The humorous "vibe" around the voice I heard also indicates a higher (less serious/problematic) realm.

After reading most of the accounts I am tending more and more to the higher-self / guardian angel / soul guide explanation.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Valorian
Hi Sky

Can i recommend that the next time you hear this voice try and talk back , simply say hi and ask for "its" name, I say "its" as i feel this is actually you becoming aware of your "higher self" the higher self is self aware and you are not, as soon as you indulge this action it may give you few nice surprises, the higher self holds the answers to ANY question you can concieve of

Valorian

Ive always had the sense of being "guided" and "looked after" in a way. I did acknowledge the wake-up call in a silent thank-you - as if I were talking to my higher self.

A thank you does go a very long way :-)

Valorian

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I've heard the whisper of my name too! Also, sometimes in the morning, I hear a loud knock on the door and I live alone. I run to the door and nobody is there...creeps me out.

My thoughts would be that it is less supernatural, maybe more HAARP related or Project Blue Beam in it's early phases...

EDIT** I'd like to note that the phone will ring shortly after I hear my name whispered...This is odd and it happens to me exactly the way the OP says... maybe a connection somehow?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by metatronscube]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My opinion is that it is that of our spirit guides to assist us on this earth.
For me, this sometimes happen when I am alone and when I turn around, there is no one to be seen.

If you believe in them, they will guide you throughout your life.
I have a very sweet and humorous spirit guide.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join