It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I know there is such a thing as a property deed, im just saying that i dont believe that somone has the right to say right thats mine, thats mine, oh ill take a peice of the moon too please.

I got the map from wiki it has not been removed en.wikipedia.org...

Think what you want about your freedom friend, but i assure you if you walked down the street naked you will very likley get aressted.

edit:didnt mean to hijack thread.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow. Finally a decision that even Ruth Bader Ginsberg might deem as "too liberal".

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The British people have made their bed with the Labour party and their ridiculous quangos... now they have to sleep in it.

Dont blame me, I voted Conservative.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Yeh but we cant predict the future.

And would you honestly vote conservative now with that half-wit as leader?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well we could also base it off of the numerous media reports of how the U.K. is one of the most highly surveilled nations on the planet, or how high level government officials think people should be thrown in prison for simply carrying a knife.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
I know there is such a thing as a property deed, im just saying that i dont believe that somone has the right to say right thats mine, thats mine, oh ill take a peice of the moon too please.

Well the problem is that is Exactly what a property deed does. It says, this is yours. And to be frank I dont care if you dont beleive I have the right to own the land my house is on. I do, by law, both governmental and natural.

I got the map from wiki it has not been removed en.wikipedia.org...

It had been for quite a while because it was so eggregiously flawed in its assunmptions and metahdology. You would have known that if you had actually done more than a cursory scan of the information. In other words, maybe you should have actually read it.
two points.
1) thier basic theory is not only flawed

The book argues that differences in national income (in the form of per capita gross domestic product) correlate with differences in the average national intelligence quotient (IQ).

2) surprise surprise, they actually break thier own methadology in several cases (listed below) and also compeltly abondon thier theory in exactly two cases.

The two most striking exceptions, however, may be Ireland and the United States. Ireland, whose average I.Q. is listed at 93, has the fourth highest per capita GDP (PPP adjusted) of any country in the world (after tiny Luxembourg, Norway and the United States).[7][8] The United States, with an average I.Q. of 98, has the third-highest per capita GDP (PPP adjusted), and is by far the most populous of the richest 10 countries. Both of these countries have I.Q. averages considerably below those of countries such as South Korea, Taiwan, and Germany, but have per capita GDPs about 1.5 times higher.

Interesting aint it? A pair of Professors from Northern Ireland and Norway just happen to break thier methadology when "determining" the average IQ of The republic of Ireland and the United states.
Now what else do those two nations have in common? Very free market based economies. Which again is interesting since the professors seemed to beleive that communist nations had substansially higher IQ to Percapita GDP correlations.
Hmm Now thats not even including the fact that the book was NEVER peer reviewed, has exceedingly sloppy "research"

Rather than do their own IQ studies (a potentially massive project), the authors average and adjust existing studies. For 104 of the 185 nations, no studies were available. In those cases, the authors have used an estimated value by taking averages of the IQs of neighboring or comparable nations. For example, the authors arrived at a figure of 84 for El Salvador by averaging their calculations of 79 for Guatemala and 88 for Colombia. Including those estimated IQs, the correlation of IQ and GDP is 0.62.

To obtain a figure for South Africa, the authors averaged IQ studies done on different ethnic groups, resulting in a figure of 72. The figures for Colombia, Peru and Singapore were arrived at in a similar manner. For People's Republic of China, the authors used a figure of 109.4 for Shanghai and adjusted it down by an arbitrary 6 points because they believed the average across China's rural areas was probably less than that in Shanghai. Another figure from a study done in Beijing was not adjusted downwards. Those two studies formed the resultant score for China (PRC). For the figure of Macau, the average IQ is 104 which is obtained from the score of the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) and in such a way transformed into an IQ score [6].

In some cases, the IQ of a country is estimated by averaging the IQs of countries that are not actually neighbors of the country in question. For example, Kyrgyzstan's IQ is estimated by averaging the IQs of Iran and Turkey, neither of which is close to Kyrgyzstan – China, which is a geographic neighbor, is not counted as such by Lynn and Vanhanen.

Like I said, read a source, study it, and try to actually understand it BEFORE you try to post it as evidence, for your sake if not mine. Because I can assure you, when you post soemthing this ridiculous as "proof" of your asinine claims, it only makes you look bad.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok batman, I am done with this argument. I dont think there is much more i can say that will be disaproved. But i still believe the majority of the USA are pretty dumb,

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Got to say, having just read that article, that its one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

The problem in the UK isn't from the populace, or any of the minorities - like some people seem to think - its actually from the daft bastards that come up with stuff like this, based on what they "think" is right, and as has been pointed out, most of them are out of touch members of "Quango's" who's only remit seems to be to come up with one stupid idea after another.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
I dont think there is much more i can say that will be disaproved.

That'll depend on whether what you say is based on facts, or juut your opinion.

But i still believe the majority of the USA are pretty dumb,

And yet, you're the one who still beleives debunked data.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Is it about time we waved farewell to PC.

This constant focus on all things racist (with an ever-increasing stupidity) is only driving racisim up. I am fed up with the whole thing.

I am sure that people cannot really be offended by some of the things that have been suggested or even find them remotely racist! Some of them would not have even ocurred to me as being racist.

Maybe we should all be exactly the same in every way. We could all be clones doing the same things. Wouldn't the world be an exciting place?

It is our DIFFERENCES that make us special.

Edit to add - whoa didnt realise this thread had moved on to other things so quickly!!

[edit on 7-7-2008 by YarlanZey]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I didn't know this was already posted on ATS but when I read it it just floored me. You are right. These people are mental and someone needs to take control of that government if they are going to churn out crap like this.

When Irland stopped with the bombings I think those people lost their minds. Now they are their own enemy...

p.s.
Call me a racist but I hate the idea of tea and crumpets.... YUK!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, it's about time!!!!

Personally, I think there is something wrong with you if you don't like spicy food.

I say throw away the key!!! There should be no place in the world for those who eat only bland food.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Well, it's about time!!!!

Personally, I think there is something wrong with you if you don't like spicy food.

I say throw away the key!!! There should be no place in the world for those who eat only bland food.

I agree and anyone who does not like chinese food, should be tortured until they accept that they really like it.

Just kidding of course, but I do like chinese food, actually I like food from all over the world (great thing if you live in london) But I do not like brain!! Which I have seen being sold when I go to Morocco sometimes haha.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My six year wants to murder vegetarians because she only wants to eat her meat and YUKS at her veges.... i understand now!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrigan
My six year wants to murder vegetarians because she only wants to eat her meat and YUKS at her veges.... i understand now!

Now thats a platform I could vote for. Especially if she throws PETA in the dead pool.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
it makes me laugh "HAHA" my 4 year old isnt allowed to sing baabaa black sheep at school any more i couldnt belive it when she gave me the letter il try to find it out and post it. i myself arnt keen on spicy food so what does that make me? a racist but im black so the govenrment will have to come up with a new name for black racists.

England baffles me today

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Um, I think when it comes to "spicey," several cultures don't really encourage yougsters to partake of the seasoned "adult" foods until they're older. Indian, perhaps? i think I remember hearing a girl say that she was excited when she finally got to eat the super-hot "adult" food when she was 12 or 14 or so....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Sorry to say but yet they do only because we do not implement learn English. If you don't speak English then have someone that does so that they can translate it for you. Afterall, the traffic signs and all the signs in the US is in English not in every language that is on this earth. But I am sorry to say that it will not change.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers

Sorry to say but yet they do only because we do not implement learn English. If you don't speak English then have someone that does so that they can translate it for you. Afterall, the traffic signs and all the signs in the US is in English not in every language that is on this earth. But I am sorry to say that it will not change.

Ok. His heart is in the right place. I mean it brother, it is. But, as one poster to another, drink much, much less before you write a post defending english immersion. If your a non-american I do apologise, sincerely.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join