It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!

page: 5
13
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
After reading this story twice yesterday I have decided to write to my local MP and Gordon Brown.
This stuff will pale in comparison to some of the complete dross I can think up as a way to secure several £Millions in taxpayers money.


Seriously though, as a taxpayer and human being I find this sort of stuff an insult to my intelligence.

File this under the old "just when you thought you'd seen it all..." folder.




posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Right... so now British kids aren't allowed to grow up with British customs and traditions? This adds to the long list of reasons why I'll be home-schooling if I raise children. Why has this multicultural agenda of the elite become mandatory for all? Why was I not asked if MY country could be transformed beyond recognition?

*For the record, I personally love various ethnic foods. But that wasn't a choice I was forced to make.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

your point would make sense if I had directed my tirade at Mexicans, Asians, Nigerians etc- I havent, I have directed it at politically correct beuracrats who get government money.

The grievance industry thrives on division, on creating minorities etc, this is a fact


For heavens sake I didn't say you had directed it at any ethnic group - was responding to your comment that "it doesn't make sense" is all and essentially agreeing with you...sometimes I hate the internet
makes communication so damn difficult or maybe I just need to learn to write more clearly



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
[For heavens sake I didn't say you had directed it at any ethnic group - was responding to your comment that "it doesn't make sense" is all and essentially agreeing with you...sometimes I hate the internet
makes communication so damn difficult or maybe I just need to learn to write more clearly


ok, no harm done



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What a waste of taxpayers money ..
A baby is going to be racist in later life because it doesn't like spicy food?
What the hell are we paying for over here in the UK?
why can't the government over here allow us to vote what we want to spend our money on?
I certainly wouldn't wasted on tripe such as this...
what a load of bollocks this waster government is ...
Racist babies indeed..
Most babies don't like spicy food to begin with , but wait a few years til they hit about 11 or 12 then they start drinking and going for curries.. Most kids are racist regardless of liking spicy food or not.

IT'S NOT ABOUT FOOD THAT MAKES KIDS RACIST , IT'S THE UPBRINGING FROM THE PARENTS.

There ya go Government, theres a proper recommendation , now give me the millions spent on the research..??



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!


www.telegraph.co.uk

... This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Here's something funny for you. My son is 1/4 hispanic. His mother was 1/2 hispanic. I am caucasian. His mother hated spicy food of any sorts (including Mexican). He hates spicy foods of any sorts. She loved Italian food, and he loves Italian food. Meanwhile, I LOVE spicy foods, the hotter the better.

I wonder what they would think of that?


[edit on 8-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by sir_chancealot]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
[Here's something funny for you. My son is 1/4 hispanic. His mother was 1/2 hispanic. I am caucasian. His mother hated spicy food of any sorts (including Mexican). He hates spicy foods of any sorts. She loved Italian food, and he loves Italian food. Meanwhile, I LOVE spicy foods, the hotter the better.

I wonder what they would think of that?



to be honest, I dont think these people really care about anything than their own self righteousness and fanatcism- how nobody had the balls to stand up and tell whoever this emperor was that he was naked and ugly, before releasing this judgement is amazing...........or perhaps not, such organisations do not permit free thought, conformity is their mantra



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is Daily telegraph bunk, I can't believe so many people are taking this at face value.

Here are some clues:

First, a mention of the 12 mil budget doled out "largely" by the government. This is placed first to generate the most amount of outrage, and pick up a few thousand hits for the DT.

No mention of the actual "scholar" behind this work, or the institution/school/think tank that compiled this for the NCB. In fact there is absolutely no mention of an author whatsoever.

Most likely this so called "guide" just includes a small snippet of information about a possible link to disliking foreign food with xenophobia, buried in a huge tome on toddler nutrition or some such benign subject that's been taken completely out of context.

The Daily Telegraph baited the hook.....and everyone bit.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
This is Daily telegraph bunk, I can't believe so many people are taking this at face value.

Here are some clues:

First, a mention of the 12 mil budget doled out "largely" by the government. This is placed first to generate the most amount of outrage, and pick up a few thousand hits for the DT.

No mention of the actual "scholar" behind this work, or the institution/school/think tank that compiled this for the NCB. In fact there is absolutely no mention of an author whatsoever.

Most likely this so called "guide" just includes a small snippet of information about a possible link to disliking foreign food with xenophobia, buried in a huge tome on toddler nutrition or some such benign subject that's been taken completely out of context.

The Daily Telegraph baited the hook.....and everyone bit.



That is a lame argument

The reference is REAL

The organisation is REAL and it REALLY published said article

The organisation actually receives our taxes in funding

But yes, we are all so lame and so gullible.....................



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire
 


many asain babies/toddlers dont like spicy food
i would know i hated spicy food then and still hate most spicy food.
so i must be racist towards my self?

these satistics and reports just bring out the hate in others
most the previous replies confirms that.

does anyone actuily ask who looks and brings these measures in?
its not like the people going PC are the people that arent even part of the asian/polish ethnicity


[edit on 8-7-2008 by bodrul]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I do not think the "food police" meant only spicy food. Anything that child is not used to. And how exactly are they going to check what is foreign and what is not?
So kid whose parents are from,say, Scottish background will now have to eat humus and kid whose parents are ,say, from Middle Eastern background will have to eat haggis and God forbid any of them will say - yuk. Dozens of psychiatrists and social workers will make sure that he will eat it all and say - thank you.
Good to see that UK tax payers money are not spent in vain.
May i suggest that if child would not like to wear clothes of different cultural group he will be declared a racial extremist and sent to correction facilities ASAP.
I think that guys who worry about racism should better explain to person who wrote the article that his "spicy food" spin might be considered discriminating, instead of devoting the effort to force-feeding kids (which by the way will eat anything sweet - if it is of Arctic background or manufactured in Sahara).



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
This is Daily telegraph bunk, I can't believe so many people are taking this at face value.

Here are some clues:

First, a mention of the 12 mil budget doled out "largely" by the government. This is placed first to generate the most amount of outrage, and pick up a few thousand hits for the DT.

No mention of the actual "scholar" behind this work, or the institution/school/think tank that compiled this for the NCB. In fact there is absolutely no mention of an author whatsoever.

Most likely this so called "guide" just includes a small snippet of information about a possible link to disliking foreign food with xenophobia, buried in a huge tome on toddler nutrition or some such benign subject that's been taken completely out of context.

The Daily Telegraph baited the hook.....and everyone bit.



That is a lame argument

The reference is REAL

The organisation is REAL and it REALLY published said article

The organisation actually receives our taxes in funding

But yes, we are all so lame and so gullible.....................


Did I say the study wasn't real? I just said that I don't believe the WHOLE study was on racist noshing babies.
Yes of course the NCB is real, but this article provides specious information in my opinion and I would love to see the original study this refers to.
If the study is specifically about "racist babies" then I would wholeheartedly agree with most of the posters here.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I don't know about the spicy foods part as being true but the concept I can understand. Racism is not entirely based on ignorance and hate, it is often natural for an organism to instinctively hate or dislike other threatening organisms. The most threatening thing to a human is another human.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
Did I say the study wasn't real? I just said that I don't believe the WHOLE study was on racist noshing babies.
Yes of course the NCB is real, but this article provides specious information in my opinion and I would love to see the original study this refers to.
If the study is specifically about "racist babies" then I would wholeheartedly agree with most of the posters here.


The NCB published a 366 page guide counselling adults on recognising racist behaviour in YOUNG children, and this was one of the issues, how they reacted to "foreign" food, and actually specified to watch out for the term "yuk"

I # you not, a 366 page (count em!) guid on monitoring racism amongst very young children!

This is real, this is a government funded agency which has a lot of influence

Like something out of the old east germany



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
still not convinced, well then let me assist further.

www.ncb.org.uk...

This is a link to the contents of this piece of filth
( which costs £20 btw, somehow I dont think it will be rocketing to the top of the charts)

Let us take one subheading

"HOW DO WE KNOW IF CHILDREN HAVE HIDDEN RACIST ATTITUDES"


It is hard to contain one's anger towards those nannying, frustrated nazis / communists (delete as appropriate) who ever further infest our lives

[edit on 8-7-2008 by blueorder]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
still not convinced, well then let me assist further.

www.ncb.org.uk...

This is a link to the contents of this piece of filth
( which costs £20 btw, somehow I dont think it will be rocketing to the top of the charts)

Let us take one subheading

"HOW DO WE KNOW IF CHILDREN HAVE HIDDEN RACIST ATTITUDES"


It is hard to contain one's anger towards those nannying, frustrated nazis / communists (delete as appropriate) who ever further infest our lives

[edit on 8-7-2008 by blueorder]


Ok, this study seems fairly standard and not very "nazi/communist".
I do hold that the article is extremely sensational and that this seems like a pretty down to Earth study from the contents.
My point is still that this whole racist baby thing is probably taken out of context, but I would have to read the study to come to a complete conclusion.



Although I do agree about the £20....yikes.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by round_eyed_dog]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
Ok, this study seems fairly standard and not very "nazi/communist". I do hold that the article is extremely sensational and that this seems like a pretty down to Earth study from the contents.
My point is still that this whole racist baby thing is taken out of context.


Although I do agree about the £20....yikes.


I am really at a loss if you think such a study about young children is "standard", and if it is "standard", then more anger, more protest more energy needs to be directed at these people, hound them out of their cushy well paid jobs, like the stasi in East Germany



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog
Ok, this study seems fairly standard and not very "nazi/communist". I do hold that the article is extremely sensational and that this seems like a pretty down to Earth study from the contents.
My point is still that this whole racist baby thing is taken out of context.


Although I do agree about the £20....yikes.


I am really at a loss if you think such a study about young children is "standard", and if it is "standard", then more anger, more protest more energy needs to be directed at these people, hound them out of their cushy well paid jobs, like the stasi in East Germany


Does racism spring from ones loins at age 18?

Again, sigh, this is not just about children eating!

My whole point from the very first post that I made is that the DT article is sensationalism of a very benign study, not a 300+ tome on spicy baby racists.


[edit on 8-7-2008 by round_eyed_dog]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by round_eyed_dog

Does racism spring from ones loins at age 18?



who knows, individuals can turn racist at the most surprising ages, ultimately, leave our young children out of your social engineering



Again, sigh, this is not just about children!


this study SPECIFICALLY is



My whole point from the very first post that I made is that the DT article is sensationalism of a very benign study, not a 300+ tome on spicy baby racists.


it is not a "benign" study, it is an outrageous study, on young children.

The DT has been proved right, it is very REAL



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR
...and then the tables will turn and it will be a negative thing not to be 'racist' or 'criminal' like the norm and rest of the population.

Funny old world we all live in.


have you ever visited the American South?

it's already like that.




top topics



 
13
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join