It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!

www.telegraph.co.uk

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm really hoping this is a joke. I know it's in the U.K., but how long until this special kind of stupidity hits the U.S.?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well if we take this as any example I must be an uber racist.... I despise many pieces of foreign foods, as well as liking many.

I also do not like many items of English food so am i a traiter to my country as well.

I hear stupidity at its highest, and it wont work anyway. Feed them something they don't like and expect it back in your face once they throw up; young children love to do that.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Oh for the love of all things holy!!!!!!!!!! This is the UK, right?
Well ... they can run their country how they wish. I just hope
like heck that kind of crap thinking doesn't come here to America.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is just to much. Toddlers are renown for their picky eating. In fact I once read that a child needs to be introduced to a new food at least seven times before they start to actually like it.

My two year-old absolutely loathes meatloaf. Does that mean he hold racist tendancies towards caucasians? No. He simply doesn't care for meatloaf.

The premise that one can predict potential racists by their eating habits is down right laughable. Children shouldn't be judged in this manner at all.

Excellent find! Starred and flagged!

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
To be honest it may get to the point where one day the majority will have already been or be deemed 'racist' or be 'criminal' and then the tables will turn and it will be a negative thing not to be 'racist' or 'criminal' like the norm and rest of the population.

Funny old world we all live in.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hahahaha this is so funny! I can't believe this!

I don't like spicy food like some Mexican food and Japanese wasabi. I do like Arabic food like Humus and Kibe.... does this mean I'm racist? Does this mean I'm a kababeating terrorist!? I should turn my self in... I like kababs....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I truly believe people like this are mentally deficient.

Maybe it's a classic case of white guilt, or some illness that requires people to find retarded things to whine about, but people who strive so hard to find "racism" must suffer from numerous mental defects.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Stupidity at its greatest.

How can words coming from a babies mouth, be racist. When the baby itself don't understand the concept of racism. Especially the link between "foreign food" and racism.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just hope that nobody comes in this thread like that dogs wearing booties thread and says that we accomodate foreigners too much ALL WHILE we invade their countries.

I'm just crossing my fingers that I don't see a repeat of that again here.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well there is far too much accommodation for "foreigners" here in the U.S.

Do we really need multi-lingual signage in government buildings?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's my opinion that all of this multicultural nonsense being forced on the population is actually causing people to become racist who normally wouldn't even have occured to think in that way. Where are the most racially-charged places in the United States? Easy, the places with the highest minority populations - Los Angeles, the South, etc. It makes sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

That's something that also buggs me, I took the freaking chore of learning Spanish, French and some German and Italian to understand other people in the world when I visit... they should also learn don't you think? Especially if they're in the U.S.A.

I hate having to 'press 1 for English'

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros

That's something that also buggs me, I took the freaking chore of learning Spanish, French and some German and Italian to understand other people in the world when I visit... they should also learn don't you think? Especially if they're in the U.S.A.

I hate having to 'press 1 for English'

Which is why shirts like this:

Should be handed out to anyone who wants one at government expense.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ridiculous! Political Correctness gone haywire. Here is another interesting tid bit from the article:

The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

Compared to:

Staff are told: "No racist incident should be ignored. When there is a clear racist incident, it is necessary to be specific in condemning the action."

Totally stupid. They say 'clear racist incident' but imply not liking a certain type of foreign as being a 'clear racist incident' in the next paragraph.

Besides, spicy food is too rough on the tummies of infants and toddlers. Are the digestive systems of children now racist because they have a hard time processing spicy foods? You threw up that jalepeno- you racist child!

Edit to add: Those with acid reflux who have to refrain from spicy foods are hereby dubbed insensitive racist schmucks as well. Let's not unfairly target infants and give those with acid reflux a free pass. It wouldn't be P.C.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by AshleyD]

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh for the love of all things holy!!!!!!!!!! This is the UK, right?
Well ... they can run their country how they wish. I just hope
like heck that kind of crap thinking doesn't come here to America.

I can assure you, as an Englishman, I sure as hell don't want this! **** political correctness!

If you find my comment racist, get out of my country!

[edit on 7-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

link   
And who was it who said the world was going mad? i think it has just been proven to us.

And for those of you dissing the UK from the US, you really think the people are doing this? just like your Government its full of idiots, giving you labels and taking away your choices, its a world problem im afraid and we really do need to start working together.

Otherwise a racist baby is going to be the least of our worries.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well there is far too much accommodation for "foreigners" here in the U.S.

Do we really need multi-lingual signage in government buildings?

The point is that this is no point of focus

instead of feeling bad for their countries being bombed by your country while you sit at home watching reality tv, you or at least a large minority of people will end up hating them because of 'accomodating news' like this.

That is why 'accomodating news' like this is propoganda.

I was reading an ATS mailer today in my inbox, one article was about obama wanting to install sharia law if elected and then he goes on to say that see how muslims want to take over the world, all while america has bases in what....96% of countries around the world.

Please focus on the real issues, don't allow yourselves to be sidetracked.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh man . I would be racist against everything .

I cant even eat fresh celery cause its too spicy.. Seriously i like very plain food.
Who am i racist against if i cant even eat celery ?

I love things like brussel sprouts . Artichokes ect. What does that mean?

All i think that this could possibly prove . Is kids don't like what they don't like .

Anyway . 70% of peoples food preference changes very often .

Does that mean you can be racist for a week then not ?

NOW . If they didn't like the food BECAUSE it was foreign there study may be a bit more accurate.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
Oh man . I would be racist against everything .

I cant even eat fresh celery cause its too spicy.. Seriously i like very plain food.
Who am i racist against if i cant even eat celery ?

I love things like brussel sprouts . Artichokes ect. What does that mean?

Join the club. plain and boring is the way I like my food.

I like pizza, but I hate pepperoni, so I wonder if I half-hate Italians.

Cant stand mexican food except for taco bell, so I must hate Mexicans unless they are a U.S. company.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join