It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Yup your defiantly a racist . You think taco bell is mexican food .

J/k Had to yank your chain a bit.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Exactly. And what about people like me who hate the food of their own ancestry? I am of Swedish and Irish descent but I hate Swedish and Irish food. Am I self loathing? No. I hate Swedish and Irish food. I love Mexican food. Does that mean I have white guilt? No.

This whole thing is insane. Taste bud preferences and biology do not equate to the social issue of racism. :shk:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros

I hate having to 'press 1 for English'

Well as a fellow immigrant/settler such as yourself, you could always move back home.... somewhere in Europe.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why is it that I see someone come in to these threads after reading reports like this, and basically say the UK is a crappy country, and they hope the US will never end up like the UK. And all they base that off is media reports like this?

It seems that the basic idea of this guide is right, stopping racism with kids is a good idea, but it looks like the report found 1 thing out of 366-page guide that sounded stupid (which is true, eating other foods and saying yuk is not racist) and then they make a HUGE thing out of it.

Propaganda, agendas? why did they find this one bit and made something big out of it, why say spicy foods??

It does not say spicy foods in the guide, it says "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'"

[edit on 7-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is Bull*hit I didnt like spicy food when i was younger. And im not racist

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ugh, a story from The Telegraph, why am I not surprised?

Yellow Journalism at its finest.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

The national children's bureau says to be aware of any racist behaviour, that is a good thing right?

I guess that would depend on the defintion of racism that is appllied, adn who gets to decide what it is.

For example is a child who finds muslim preachers a little scary becaus eof thier beards a racist? What if the same child is scared of Santa? Is it racist then?

Is a child whos afraid of clowns racist against italians (pagliacchi)? What about a child who finds bagpipes disturbing? What if he finds the muslim call to prayer scary?

See the problem is, wihtout a clear racist intent, how exactly do you define "racist behavior"?
Is it racist to say for example, that perhaps Islam is incompatible with britsh traditions becasue it is both a religon and a political ideology, thus violating the concept of seperation of church and state? Or is that simply an accurate estimation of where Islam is in its history? What if a child finds Bollywood musicals annoying? Is that a discomfort with the shrill toens associated with indian music? or racism?

Now do you see the problem?

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Well as a fellow immigrant/settler such as yourself, you could always move back home.... somewhere in Europe.

Yeah, except, Im not a "fellow immigrant" my family has been in america for five generations. I didnt immigrate anywhere, neither did my parents, or my grandparents. And to be quite frank, I find this attitude trite, ignorant, and offensive. I am a native American, I was born here, my family was born here. This is my land.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Actually there is a small amount of reports like this and i cant believe that you think the u.k is dumber than The USA haaa!!

The USA has an overall very low IQ compared to the u.k and the much of the world.

I have seen so much crazy S*it come out of the USA, i swear 1/3 of the population are brainwashed retards

There are only a small handfull of morons in the uk that would actually believe rubbish like this

[edit on 7-7-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Yes I do see the problems.

But general awareness can't do any harm, but like you said you can't go too far with something like this.

By the way my post has been edited just before you replied. In case you get confused lol

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

Actually there is a small amount of reports like this and i cant believe that you think the u.k is dumber than The USA haaa!!

The USA has an overall very low IQ compared to the u.k and the much of the world.

Ahh thats why we have the best universities in the world. The best research labs in the world, and the best tech sectors in the world. Cause we're so dumb. Of course.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Let's not turn this into a "I'm better than you!... oh yeah well my dad is better than your dad!" kind of debate.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

I'm really hoping this is a joke. I know it's in the U.K., but how long until this special kind of stupidity hits the U.S.?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Im sorry but that stupidity your talkin about, it the us a long time ago..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

America has a huge mass of people, and most of them are not that bright, or haven't you noticed?

Sure there are some great schools and labs, but there is only a small amount of people compared to the masses that attend these schools and make advances in technology.

Yeah your a smart bunch...

Average world I.Q Map

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

America has a huge mass of people, and most of them are not that bright, or haven't you noticed?

Sure bob.

Sure there are some great schools and labs, but there is only a small amount of people compared to the masses that attend these schools and make advances in technology.

Riiight. A small amount. Like only more than your entire islands population.

Yeah your a smart bunch...

Smart enough protect our freedoms. But yeah, were dumb as dirt, keep thinking that.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

Let me be the first to say that this is - in all likelihood - directed at white Britons. I hope this isn't the case but - as with most things in Britain - I wouldn't be surprised.

All praise the People's Multicultural Utopia of the United Kingdom!

*White children most likely to be bullied.
*White men face job bans, due to "positive discrimination" for 'minorities/women'.
*White working class boys "becoming an underclass".
*Two million Britons emigrate in ten years.
*Almost two-thirds of Britons fear expect race violence.
*Migration has brought zero economic benefit to Britain.

Diversity is Strength!
War is Peace!
Love is Hate!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just label me a racist then. I believe that I have the right to tell others that their food is not to my liking. I think my children have the right as well. If it becomes something my tax dollars are spent on then the ones, who chose who gets the tax dollars need to be fired just like me or you if we do something wrong in our job.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

man you are ignorant, im just saying the majority has a pretty low I.Q
and as for the amount of real bright kids, i will bet anything that there is twice the amounts of people with an Iq below 50.

Look at link. this is not a personal attack against you i am just pointing out a FACT.

Oh one more thing you say "smart enough to protect our freedoms" I hear the word "freedom" a lot from the americas. it is usually the brainwashed patriotic type.

how "Free" are you really?
-You pay taxes just to live in the country.On land that NO-one truly has the right to own, let alone the goverment. how free is this?
-You have millions of laws telling you what you cannot do.
-You can get sued for almost anything over there, even insulting someone, this is not free speech!

the truth is we are just taxpaying slaves doing what the goverment tells us,

[edit on 7-7-2008 by monkeybus] spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
OK, here's some test dishes they can try:

Philippines - coconut grubs, mangrove worms, bull's rectum and testicles soup.
Morocco - stuffed pancreas, poached calf’s brain.
Spain - Bull testicles
Asia - beating frog's heart
Mexico - mosquito eggs
Alaska - fermented blubber, fermented fish heads, jellied moose nose
Taiwan - chicken uterus, black-bone chicken testicles, fried bees.
New York City - maggot pupae, tarantula pops, teriyaki cockroaches
Vietnam - bull penis

(From the Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern).

Don't like it? Try Borneo's roast baby meat, the other, other white meat.

Can't eat it? Taze 'em.

Mmm, jellied Moose nose.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What I can't understand is why is there a your country is stupid versus my country is stupid kind of thing going on here.Lets face it folks there are stupid people everywhere from every country,from every walk of life.The idea is stupid not the country or countries.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

man you are ignorant, im just saying the majority has a pretty low I.Q
and as for the amount of real bright kids, i will bet anything that there is twice the amounts of people with an Iq below 50.

Look at link. this is not a personal attack against you i am just pointing out a FACT.

Thats why the map was REMOVED from wikipedia.org. Because it was factual?

Oh one more thing you say "smart enough to protect our freedoms" I hear the word "freedom" a lot from the americas. it is usually the brainwashed patriotic type.

how "Free" are you really?
-You pay taxes just to live in the country.On land that NO-one truly has the right to own, let alone the goverment. how free is this?

Given that both countries have property taxes, which is what I can only assume you're referring to, I dont know what point you were trying to make. As to "nobody can own the land" havent you ever heard of a property deed?

-You have millions of laws telling you what you cannot do.

Not as many as you guys do though.

-You can get sued for almost anything over there, even insulting someone, this is not free speech!

Possibly. But in the UK the exact same speech can get you arrested. and actually I can only be "sued for causing offense" if it constitues or could constitute libel, and/or slander. You can get put on a government watchlist just for expressing the beleif that gays shouldnt adopt.

the truth is we are just taxpaying slaves doing what the goverment tells us,

Im not. You may be. I do exactly what I want, when I want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join