It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The truly ironic thing is I have been called a racist (and worse) more times than I can count and I actually love most ethnic food. Their system is flawed.

What really disturbs me is the part of the article that mandates reporting any suspected racist attitudes to the authorities. If this ever infiltrates into the US there will be some major backlash. It is our Constitutional right for an individual to feel superior to anyone they choose, provided that their feelings don't morph into actions which significantly infringe upon those who they feel superior to's rights. It's a large part of freedom of association.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
wow, Canadian news readers are hot.

I have yet to see an ugly canadian

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
1. The title of this thread is very misleading, and strays very far from the article.
So spicy food is associated with a particular race now?

2. Who sits around and thinks up this crap? I hate peas, so am I a racist somehow too? ffs.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I'm speechless...

And these are the people with a responsibility as they bring (fabricate) the news... what's the world coming to?

This is just too insane...

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Slackerwire... good find...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

I have gluten allergy, this means there are a million kinds of foods I love I can't eat anymore. So if I go to Italy and want to eat a good meal with everything in it, pasta, bread on the side and maybe even a slice of pizza later that night... because I CAN'T eat it, does THAT make me a racist?

Because I don't like the silk worms (don't know which exactly) they eat in Australia by the aborigines, does that mean I hate them?

I don't get it...

By the way, how are things on Moya?

Did you find DRD-1812? I hear he's been running around Moya playing games and such with the other DRDs.

Ahhh I miss that show...

BUT, stay tuned for the webisodes come this winter. 10 Episodes have been ordered by Sci Fi!

Now that's FRELLING good news!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

YES!!!!!!!

That news is bigger than a budong!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
i ate spicy foods and im raciest? its all about influence,surroundings and experiance..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thats ridiculous!

I remember when I was growing up I was afraid of chinese food, now I love it, just cuz a kid says yuk doesn't mean hes racist, holy... many foreign foods are an acquired taste, takes time to enjoy some of the weirdest meals...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

so the Uk is dumber thn the us?
Have you got some kind of mental problem??? you obviously dont know half of the stuff (more like 3/4's) that your country does!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think this is just symptomatic of the state we're in here in the UK. Seems like we are constantly having to apologise for something or give priority to other nationals on issues relating to how we behave.

The parents of my son's best friend were spoken to by the headmaster a couple of years ago, and he was accused of being racist. Why? He didn't get on with the Syrian girl who sat next to him... the Syrian girl who constantly kicked him and pinched him and made "mehmehmeh" noises every time he spoke.

Maybe it's this imagined British sense of 'fair play'; I dunno.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My girlfriend (she's Italian/Puerto Rican) hates spicy food, so I guess that makes her a race traitor.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I love spicy foods. And hate all races including my own. This post is 100% acurate.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

unfortunately we can't, when this was revealed in the newpapers I can't imagine one person thought it to be a good idea, just our stupid fat knobhead prime minister.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Whoever thought up this policiy is probably the real racist. Or at least highly ignorant of other cultures. I mean people eat all kinds of disgusting things. Insects, live animals, fertilised duck eggs with fetus inside. Pretty much any normal kid is gonna say "yuck" to some of those things.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join