It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Babies who dislike spicy food may be designated as racists!

page: 6
13
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder
 


Sorry I left out a word...I've edited it to actually make sense now


I never said that nugget was not in the article, nor that the study doesn't exist.

I'm saying DT tarted the thing up to provide the most hits in an incendiary topic.

I believe curbing racism and breeding tolerance sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

That said, I'm not dropping a 20 on it.




posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Double post


Net gremlins

[edit on 8-7-2008 by round_eyed_dog]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm..............
Let's see. I like Sushi. So I guess the Japanese are OK in my book.
I like General Tso's Chicken, so I guess the Chinese are OK in my book.
I like Pizza and Lasagne, so I guess the Italians are OK in my book.
I like Burritos, and I like rice and beans, so I guess the Spanish/PR/and Latin folk are OK in my book.
I like seafood, so I guess that.....that...ummmm..... well somebody who is catchin' those fish is OK in my book.
I like peanuts, so I guess Jimmy Carter is OK in my book.
I like beer so I guess that most of the world is OK in my book.
I like cheese, so I guess the French are OK in my book.
I like curry, and sittin' on couches eatin' lamb & Pita bread with my hands, so I guess the Middle Easterners are OK in my book.
I never tried penguin, or whale blubber so I'm thinkin' I am a racist to eskimos.

Which is more ridiculous? My post, or the powers that actually thought to make this a scientific study?



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow I must really love Italian people. Racist against Scottish though, despite having some Scottish ancestory... not the biggest fan of haggis.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So does this mean if you don't eat hamburgers you're racist against cows?



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
So does this mean if you don't eat hamburgers you're racist against cows?


Cows think they're so cool. Walkin' around' chewin' cud, makin' milk, mooin' and stuff. I hate cows,



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

have you ever visited the American South?

it's already like that.



All those black, asian, latino, mixed race and white folk down there, are all majority racist?



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

have you ever visited the American South?

it's already like that.



All those black, asian, latino, mixed race and white folk down there, are all majority racist?


I don't know if I'd say that it was a majority, I would say that it is a very real problem in the South. Roles in society in much of the Southern US are still heavily influenced by race much less subtlely than elsewhere.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire


I'm really hoping this is a joke. I know it's in the U.K., but how long until this special kind of stupidity hits the U.S.?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)


Actually 99% of the time it works exactly the other way around. Most likely you guys already have this in the US, but it just didnt matter enough to get reported on. Race is kinda a bigger issue over here than it is in the states i think at the moment. Its pretty much all over the BBC every minute of the day, gets kinda sickening how they're constantly trying to desensitize us to other religions and cultures.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by unnamedninja]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Hmmmmmmmmm..............
Let's see. I like Sushi. So I guess the Japanese are OK in my book.
I like General Tso's Chicken, so I guess the Chinese are OK in my book.
I like Pizza and Lasagne, so I guess the Italians are OK in my book.
I like Burritos, and I like rice and beans, so I guess the Spanish/PR/and Latin folk are OK in my book.
I like seafood, so I guess that.....that...ummmm..... well somebody who is catchin' those fish is OK in my book.
I like peanuts, so I guess Jimmy Carter is OK in my book.
I like beer so I guess that most of the world is OK in my book.
I like cheese, so I guess the French are OK in my book.
I like curry, and sittin' on couches eatin' lamb & Pita bread with my hands, so I guess the Middle Easterners are OK in my book.
I never tried penguin, or whale blubber so I'm thinkin' I am a racist to eskimos.

Which is more ridiculous? My post, or the powers that actually thought to make this a scientific study?


Since "Eskimo" is a racist insult, and you should really call them "Inuits", then you apparently are!

(just kidding, it's a common mistake!)



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire


I'm really hoping this is a joke. I know it's in the U.K., but how long until this special kind of stupidity hits the U.S.?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)


You can rest assured that it is. The reason infants/babies have more acute taste buds than adults is survival. As our species age we seem to lose taste buds when in actuality our tongues grew in size making it less likely to poison ourselves.

Check it out ... its been medically proven.


[edit on 8-7-2008 by Skydancer]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed
 



You know what chap, I was reading this thread and there you were again, spouting false crap about the UK, as you have done in several other threads.

Are you just here to troll and cause annoyance?

How can you be arrested for free speech in the UK? The only time you'll be nicked is if you try to incite racial or religious violence. And there are no "watchlists". There's so much wrong with your view of the UK that I don't really know where to begin.

Anyway, lets stop the silly wang measuring game....



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If this is what determines one a racist, then consider me a racist towards any ethnic group that uses tomatoes, onions, caulliflower, and squash! *yuk!*



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed
 



You know what chap, I was reading this thread and there you were again, spouting false crap about the UK, as you have done in several other threads.

Are you just here to troll and cause annoyance?

How can you be arrested for free speech in the UK? The only time you'll be nicked is if you try to incite racial or religious violence. And there are no "watchlists". There's so much wrong with your view of the UK that I don't really know where to begin.

Anyway, lets stop the silly wang measuring game....



Even when you are spouting treasonous crap, we are still pretty tolerant.

Abu Hamsa spent quite a bit of time preaching how the UK should implode in the center of our capital city! Imagine going to Bahgdad and doing the same - how many sentences do you think you'd finish before someone finished you?

It amuses me that the UK makes people insecure, because we are falling apart around our own ears.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja
 


Yet sadly the fools will never realize that "diversity" has never been proven to be beneficial.

Emotion has no place in public policy.



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by loam
Well, it's about time!!!!

Personally, I think there is something wrong with you if you don't like spicy food.

I say throw away the key!!! There should be no place in the world for those who eat only bland food.



I agree and anyone who does not like chinese food, should be tortured until they accept that they really like it.

Just kidding of course, but I do like chinese food, actually I like food from all over the world (great thing if you live in london) But I do not like brain!! Which I have seen being sold when I go to Morocco sometimes haha.


I agree! Anyone who doesn't like Chinese food should be captured and thrown into Chin-mo! We'll waterboard them with soy sauce and all their fortune cookies will say "You are an intolerant bastage"! If they still resist we will whip them with flat noodles and hot mustard! And make them sleep in fried rice! Intolerance is not an option! No fork for you! Learn to eat with chopsticks or starve! WTF!



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah but there's no way the Chinese eat the same Chinese food we get here. They'd die of a heart attack within months!

(which is a shame, because i love fried rice!)



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire
 


I agree with the survey to a degree. Look past the obvious and look at it for it's phycological brainwashing & cultural presence.

It's all about the time of exposure... give an english baby a can of cheap, tasteless, watered down American beer (eg; Budweiser, Coors light, and ironically a beer named Ole English) and it will call it's parents the N word.

Give that same english baby, as a teenager 20 cans of those same cheap beers, and it will call you the life of the party!


Moral fact - even english babies grow to want more spice out of their dreary meat & potato eating lives, which culminates in them gravitating to people and foods color. Even ACDC worshipped the soulful spice of Chuck Berry.


[edit on 8-7-2008 by Level X]



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire
 



What a load of crap...who pays these silly buggers.....

My two didn't like spicy food...now thats all they want to eat!!

Really annoys me that my taxes pay for this stupid research..and I bet they are getting paid a lot more than I am!!...and what use is this information...just another spanner in the works I think!!

I reckon they must work in another branch of the Health and Safety..

Us Brits are really getting aquianted with the H&S..wankers!!

I don't eat spicy food because it gives me indigestion and the squits!!

I didn't like it at first ...then I liked it...now spicy food dosen't aggree with me...my god...maybe thats the next stage...I don't like spicy food so I must be a racist...

What a loads of crap!!

I want my taxes back!!



posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Actually babies are naturally racist. I am sure there are government agencies that are already working on ways to stamp out evil racial bias in babies before it gets worse (not joking).

www.world-science.net...


That’s because new studies have found that by this age—three months—many babies start to prefer faces of people from their own race to those of another race. This early favoritism may represent the first glimmers of racial prejudice, psychologists say.

But don’t start fretting about racist babies yet. On the bright side, researchers also found that babies raised with frequent exposure to people of other races don’t develop this early bias. This discovery may help guide future research on how to counter racism, they suggested.
“Early preferences for own-race faces may contribute to race-related biases later in life,” psychologists wrote in a paper on a study published in the February issue of the research journal Psychological Science. Typically, “by the age of 4 to 6 years, children already display racial stereotyping and prejudice in a variety of contexts.”



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join