It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has changed, timeline?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xaphid

Earlier this year I remember reading something that said the Earth is caught in a Time Loop. It was "New Age" so probably can't really be validated. Rest assured that you are not the only one experiencing these symptoms.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xaphid

Xaphid,

Please read through these posts.

Obsidience

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I gotta' say .. this is the best metaphysical thread I've seen on here in a long time. When discussion picked up about Russian astronauts on the moon, that tickled my memory. I had forgotten all about it.

double thumbs up for this thread!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I get that feeling. I can't explain it but I feel like something has changed.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Gaiden:

I know what you mean, the feeling that something just isn't right? But when you go about and check it out, things seem fine?

I have to say that it just really hit me that I can remember the new years of 2000, 2008, and this new years, all of the other ones, I can't remember.

Another thing, I once experienced a rather strange thing, I woke up once, and checked my clock, since it's pitch black in my room save for that little blue light that my light emits, I can't look outside. My clock read 4:22 a.m. so I went back to sleep. I woke up again, what seemed like hours later, looked over, and my clock said 4:14 a.m.

That, has always scared the hell out of me, it happened a year ago, but it's always been something quite scary to me.

Any thoughts on that All?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I know some strange people whose testimony is admittedly questionable, but they and I agree upon at least one thing: Something has gone strange.

Beginning with the end of Summer '07, the others and I have been unable to identify the cause of an increasing feeling of unease. When it started, it was simply as though I'd forgotten to do something, but if that is so, I've never remembered what. The feeling has grown to the point of abandonment; it is now as though I've been, for lack of a better metaphor, left behind. I can't explain it, and neither can the others I know. Nothing visible has changed, but here the feeling remains intangible yet obvious.

One of my stranger, new-agish friends believes it was born of a major shift in a metaphysical arrangement he calls The Weave. His theory is simply that something beyond our perceptions has changed the course of humanity's future, and we're dimly aware of the sensation that we're not where we would have been otherwise.
I don't know if there is any truth to this, but its a thought worth mentioning.

Personally, I have no idea what the cause could be. To hear that it goes so far beyond my tiny niche in life is unsettling, to say the least; could this be no more than a sort of mass psychological phenomenon? Or perhaps something is truly wrong; what if the state of the world, the predictions of the near future, and the obvious fear and paranoia growing within society are not just strange coincidences?

I don't know, and I won't likely find out, but I can't lie; it still keeps me up at night.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kiltedninja
I have to say that it just really hit me that I can remember the new years of 2000, 2008, and this new years, all of the other ones, I can't remember.

Ok, so I'm just reading through threads that sound interesting, and I came across this post and thought "how odd." But then I tried to think about the New Years not listed (2001-07) and I'm having difficulty remembering them too, which is kind of freaking me out a bit. I'm not sure if there is some freaky paranormal explanation, or if I'm just experiencing some kind of weird sympathetic psychological block or some other psychological explanation - like because I see the dates new year's 2000 and 2008 they spring to mind instantly and the others require some work to recall, which is weird because I know at least one of those years should come easily because it was a profound year and I remember that Christmas but not that new year's at all. Weird.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've been interested in the phenomemon of "alternate timelines," and was surfing the net, doing some google searches regarding the issue. I came accross this very interesting message thread, and have spent most of last night and part of this morning reading through it. I am very open to the posssibility of alternate timelines, and am receptive to much that was written on this thread and elsewhere. Furthermore, I've also felt a certain change in feeling, personally, that is not entirely explainable.... like "something" is about to happen, but I know not what. So, Im not at all a total skeptic.

However, in the interest of sleptical inquiry, and of playing "devils advocate," heres a thought: I note the the remarkably large frequency of people having thought or remembered Nelson Mandela having died some time ago, and being surprised to now find him alive. I also note, on this board and other locations online, that the time given for his presumtive death varying from the '70s, through the '80s and '90s, to just a few years ago. Further, part of the memory of Mandela's death is that he died in the custody of South African authorities.

My thought: Could it be possible that people are actually remembering the death, in police custody, of another well-known and remembered South African anti-aparthied activist? Specifically, I refer to Steven Biko, whose death in police custody in 1977 sparked a worldwide outcry, and, although not much remembered now, was a major news story at the time. Also, his life, and death, were featured in various biographies, movies (including "Cry Freedom" whichcame out in 1987), and other media (i.e. songs, documentaries, books) dealing with South Africa and the anti-apartheid struggle.

Could it be that people are, in good faith and honestly, transposing in their mind the things that happened to Steven Biko with Nelson Mandela?

This is just a thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kiltedninja
Gaiden:

Another thing, I once experienced a rather strange thing, I woke up once, and checked my clock, since it's pitch black in my room save for that little blue light that my light emits, I can't look outside. My clock read 4:22 a.m. so I went back to sleep. I woke up again, what seemed like hours later, looked over, and my clock said 4:14 a.m.

That, has always scared the hell out of me, it happened a year ago, but it's always been something quite scary to me.

Any thoughts on that All?

Its possible you saw it at 1:22 & saw it as 4:22, not saying you did but i have done something similar & put it down to my bleary eyes at the time.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
For me it's not a feeling that something has changed, it's more like a feeling that something is off and a lot of bad things are going to happen.
I've allways been the type of person that follow it's intuition, but lately I feel like a radio out of frequency.

I'll try to explain (as English is not my native language, I hope you all can follow my thoughts a bit).
In the past years I was allways the person who JUST gets out of the way before a fight starts. I was the one to stay at home from work just on the day a major accident took place. I once begged my boyfriend to stay the night because I felt something bad would happen, but he went home anyway and got into this horrible accident.

But lately (as I allready stated) I feel 'out of tune'. A friend of mine had a car accident like a month ago, I felt nothing. My dad's stepbrother died... Nothing.
And now I'm walking around feeling very anxious. Looking over my shoulder all the time. I catch myself looking at the skies alot, don't know why (I'm not a big alien believer, so no, I'm not looking for ETs in the sky)... I feel like something major is about to change or happen, and I haven't got the slightest clue as to what. I also feel it's not going to be something personal, but rather international or national, I don't know.
I also feel tired all the time. I'm used to getting up early in the morning and going to sleep late at night. But lately I just sleep through my alarmclock, I wake up hours to late and I walk around tired all day long.

Whatever this big change is, I hope it happens soon so I can get back to the normal rithim of my life.

Anybody else feels sort of like this???

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

not necessarily a timeline change..but like I'm waiting for something, like we're all waiting for something, theres this tension in the air, like the bottom is going to drop out at any moment..but its something big, not like the economy or job loses, or war..but something unexplainable, I find myself looking at the sky more and more, and for some reason I am more focused on studying astronomy and religion, and ancient history, like something big and unexplainable is going to happen, and we seem to be waiting for it. I don't know, I can't really fully explain what I mean, just that lately things all seem to have some double meaning, or hidden reasoning, and there is something coming.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NightWish

I have had the same feeling for the last three months. In fact, I stumbled on this thread looking for someone who is feeling the same way I am because I could not resolve myself what and why such happened. So acutely I am aware of this "phenomenon" that I remember when this happened. This phenomenon began around mid or late October 2008 (last year) and grew until early November. In mid-November, I finally determined that I was disconnected from my telephatic environment. Since then I am guided on my own piloting. I know what you mean "out of tune." For me, it has been like I am out in a dry land where it never rains. I am happy to find another diligent observer. I wish good luck for you.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
coleyk,

Within the past two weeks I read a post that stated something along the line of: we are "waiting for something" because we must somehow define importance in our life. That in fact it is our EGO creating our fear and our worry that something will happen during our lifetime. Nearly every culture has an end of the world scenario and at all times there is the worry that now is the time.

Obsidience

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thank god I found this thread!
It's great to know that I am not the only one who sees something suspicious in our timeline. Ok guys, here is my story, and I think this thing with changing timelines is now scary and scares the hell out of me.

First of all, I want to say that I haven't been very interested in "timeline things" though I have read a lot of timeline stories, for example, from the witnesses of Project Camelot etc., way too exaggerating. However, recently some things or should I say "childhood memories" have started to bother me so much that I have began to get interested in timelines.

By childhood memories I mean movies and TV series which were important to me and touched me in the 80s. You know the feeling when you get older and you want to feel a little bit nostalgia and feel the same thing you experienced as a kid. Well, of course, when you get older the things are never the same when you were a kid and many things have changed so much that they are not so great anymore. But I think that "some strong memory prints" are so deep inside you that they can't be just your imagination, the picture of the world of a kid.

So what I am saying is that I feel that I am seeing timeline changes when looking back to the things happened in my life in the past and when comparing to things I remember. And what would be the better way to look back in time than your favorite movies and TV series you loved as a kid. Do you see any timeline changes in them or anything odd or suspicious? I believe if it bothers you too much. Here are two examples of the movies and TV series I watched in my childhood and which are still bothering me a lot.

The Tripods - This TV series hit me and hard when I saw it for the very first time. Especially, a particular scene. I remember it so clearly. I was visiting my friends when they suddenly told me about this TV series, how cool it was and that it was right now coming on the TV. So we all gathered around the TV, the series started, and there was this breathtaking scene in a green countryside where lots of people were running for their life like escaping something. And very soon these tripods step up from the left (behind the trees) with the sound giving you the creeps and start shooting at these people while they were running to the right, in the direction of tall trees. So this scene as such was the main reason why I got hooked with this TV series. So now when you are older and you want to recall your past memories of childhood it's a big disappointment and confusing when you can't find that particular scene anymore. You watch carefully every single episode over and over again and it's just not there. It's missing. It's been stolen. But, there is a scene ( www.youtube.com... ) which reminds you of that scene, but you know deep inside that this isn't it. It's like the scene has been replaced with something else and you have been left with the feeling that "somebody is trying to fool you".

2001: A Space Odyssey - This movie left its traces on me as it was so odd and interesting at the same time. Especially, the ending. Yes, the ending, where Bowman arrived in a hotel suite with the pod and went to the fridge to find only boxes of odd-looking "black" food. I still remember this scene like it was yesterday, so can you believe how it feels, when you can't find this scene anymore in the original movie. Somebody has stolen my favorite scene and replaced the whole ending with much worse. This scene is in the book but my memories are not from the book since this movie was the thing that forced me to read the book, and especially the ending of the book as I wanted to know how the fridge thing was explained in the book.

So are we now talking about changes in the current timeline or timeline jumps (you have jumped to another timeline). Or is it just your imagination, you have remembered all wrong and we can all go back home.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i have had the feeling that something totally dreadful is about to happen that will shake humanity and might even destroy us.. its a sort of gloomy feeling of hopelessness..

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStandingMan
2001: A Space Odyssey - This movie left its traces on me as it was so odd and interesting at the same time. Especially, the ending. Yes, the ending, where Bowman arrived in a hotel suite with the pod and went to the fridge to find only boxes of odd-looking "black" food. I still remember this scene like it was yesterday, so can you believe how it feels, when you can't find this scene anymore in the original movie. Somebody has stolen my favorite scene and replaced the whole ending with much worse. This scene is in the book but my memories are not from the book since this movie was the thing that forced me to read the book, and especially the ending of the book as I wanted to know how the fridge thing was explained in the book.

Oh my god, I don't know what to think anymore. I just found a web page talking about the same mystery which have bothered me with the 2001 movie. This is getting exciting.

This page is A TASTE OF BLUE FOOD IN STANLEY KUBRICK'S 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (www.underview.com...) and it deals with whether there exist any variations on the movie. According to it there APPEARS to be other viewers who claim that they have seen the same "black/blue food" scene in the original film. But officially there is no proof that such a scene exists or never existed in public but it looks like it was indeed staged. So I am not the only one who is claiming the same thing. WTF is going on? Has Kubric released different versions of the film and somehow "black/blue food" versions have ended up on my TV in my childhood. Or are timelines messing up things?

"For example, the claims of some early viewers to have memories of Dave finding "blue food" in his hotel suite received at least some support, even if actual evidence is still unobtainable. In the first edition, our conclusion was that no such scenes had been filmed. However, it seems highly likely that Kubrick did in fact try out some shots of the food that Clarke so explicitly describes in the book.

Our difficulty now is that there is no evidence that these shots were ever screened in public, so memories of having seen them may still be false, as we suggested. If any proof does come to light, of early prints of the movie including these scenes, you can be sure that a further revision of this paper will follow soon after.

- - Perhaps the most tantalising of all claims about 2001: A Space Odyssey is the sighting of Dave opening packs of "blue food" in his cosmic apartment. Previously considered to be nothing other than a case of ailing memory or confusion between the movie and the book, we now have it on the highest authority that this scene was indeed staged."

- - However, as indicated earlier, there is no evidence that "blue food" ever appeared in any shots actually used by Kubrick, so it is still open to debate whether it was possible for anyone to have known about or seen it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And more grist to the mill.
I remembered reading some time ago from a news article that Paul Hogan (the famous Australian actor in the Crocodile Dundee movie) had officially died. Well, guess what? He's not and is very much alive.

And I am not the only one who thought that he was a dead man:

"I was just informed that Paul Hogan died last year"
homepage.mac.com...

"Why did I think Paul Hogan was dead?
For the last 5 months or so I've thought that Paul Hogan (Crocidile Dundee) had died of cancer, which sucks cause he's da man. Now I hear he's still active? Wikipedia makes no mention of his death, was there a fake news report or something?"
answers.yahoo.com...

"Is Paul Hogan, the Australian actor starring in Crocodile Dundee, alive or dead ? some rumors announced he died in 2007 . But apparently he is still alive....."
answers.yahoo.com...

So what is it with all these false claims and rumors about somebody's death? Don't news reporters check the truth behind these claims (especially, if we are talking about a famous person) or is it because of changing timelines? You decide!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I few weird things have happened to me as of late.

I was under the assumption that Strom Thurmond was alive and found out he was dead a week or two ago when I heard a newscaster mentioned that he would be "rolling in his grave".

My music library likes to change sometimes. I was listening to it last week and this new song popped up that I'm fairly certain I've never heard of. My library consists of a lot of songs but it really has changed much in the last few years.

I'm probably starting to go senile but thought I'd throw those two incidents out there.

Obsidience

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience

My music library likes to change sometimes. I was listening to it last week and this new song popped up that I'm fairly certain I've never heard of. My library consists of a lot of songs but it really has changed much in the last few years.

Obsidience

I am glad I am not the only one.

Song lyrics have changed in songs and new songs just seem to appear. I really was thinking I was starting to lose it.

I am sure we have different musical taste but what genre of music has been in flux for you?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
maybe this feeling most of us are having is due to how scary the world is becoming. Look at the economy, not just the US but the WORLD. look at the arguments between republicans and democrats. nuclear missles being created. beached whales ( its happening right now). natural disasters. Its like the world is a big melting pot of bad emotion and corruption. The feeling i have is confusion, like time is going by faster and faster, im having very odd dreams. i wake up each day feeling there is imminent doom, but i find hope through the day.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join