It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear Members of Congress Saying 'If We Could Only Nuke Iran': Ron Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ron paul spoke the truth and gave straight answers to serious questions...what more do you want? whether you agree or not...he isnt a cardboard cut out that repeats the same boring tenious statements and dodges questions with even more boring,not getting to the crux of the matter answers....im not even american and i was captivated by him,dont agree with all his views...but atleast he was honest,forthcoming and had an intelligent view point to many of the problems facing america and the world....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The truth is...

From about 2003... It has looked like we have wanted to attack Iran....

5 years later... the only thing that has changed, is the little hitler is doing some saber-rattling, and the Isrealis seem more motivated to attack Iran then we are...

My opinon, ive thought since 2003, that War with Iran was the next thing, i thought that the US would roll thier troops out of Iraq, and into Iran for a while...

But, the US forces have stayed in Iraq for FIVE+ years... thats insane... they should have been moved out years ago... at least major ground forces...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

You welcome, but you made a mistake in my political preferences, you will never find a thread in this boards in which I have state that I support any candidates for presidents for 2008 elections.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I'm not sure what role we'd have been duped into, Alarmist.

If you're proposing that Ron Paul is nothing more than a puppet set up to distract all us crazies away from the real candidates then I'd ask why is it that he has received zilch in media coverage whereas Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain are getting plenty.

Read up on him a bit, he has some interesting ideas for the nation that, to me, seem far more aligned with ACTUAL peace than this excuse for co-existence we have been toying around with for centuries.

Just my take, yo!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I keep trying to give Ron Paul the benefit of the doubt, but he always disappoints. This time, I listened to the interview with Alex Jones in the OP. About 8:30 into the first segment, he starts to rapidly decline into a tirade about how the neo-cons will kill you if you disagree with them. He then says there are hints that "they" might round up tens of thousands of us.

He offers no proof, just hysteria. And of course, AJ is only too glad to egg him on.

Is this the mental stability required for a president? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

My apologies to you, I was not suggesting that you were supporting any particular person. After reading up on Ron Paul I was simply trying to make some points regarding his campaign. When it comes to politics and especially politicians it is not wise to trust any of them, rather it is better to look at all possibilities, especially when it involves an independent with little or no chance of winning anything and is a great potential source for deflection and disinformation.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No problem, I lost my faith in our political system since our government has become nothing more than a proxy of corporte corruption.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I keep trying to give Ron Paul the benefit of the doubt, but he always disappoints. This time, I listened to the interview with Alex Jones in the OP. About 8:30 into the first segment, he starts to rapidly decline into a tirade about how the neo-cons will kill you if you disagree with them. He then says there are hints that "they" might round up tens of thousands of us.

He offers no proof, just hysteria. And of course, AJ is only too glad to egg him on.

Is this the mental stability required for a president? I don't think so.

Hmm because when you screw with the establishment you may end up dead. I can name a few high named people who messed with the establishment and ended up dead one being MLK jr and the next Kennedy. I can name more though. He has every right to be concerned because he blasts A LOT of the status quo and lets face it if he had it his way some very powerful people would be affected.

As far as the roundups that may be far fetched but is it? We rounded up Japanese in WW2 by the thousands and justified it is "they could be enemies" They have rounded up not thousands but dozens of people here at least and shipped them to guantanimo and other locations without trial and oh do not pass go either
Heck look at WW2 when Hitler had his camps 90% of the population had no clue even though they were only a few miles outside of some towns. Its not far fetched at all and for people to close their minds to the past will be doomed to face history again because it does repeat itself when you dont learn from it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Also, this is just MAJOR FEAR MONGERING...

There is NO USE for nukes... We have bombs that make Nukes look archaic...

Every heard of The Mother of all Bombs

With this kind of weapon, we dont realy need to use nukes..

Can destroy the Area of NINE city blocks...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Originally posted by mybigunit

Hmm because when you screw with the establishment you may end up dead. I can name a few high named people who messed with the establishment and ended up dead one being MLK jr and the next Kennedy. I can name more though. He has every right to be concerned because he blasts A LOT of the status quo and lets face it if he had it his way some very powerful people would be affected.

Without getting into the discusion of whether the "establishment" killed MLK or JFK...

There is one big difference - those were men who had achieved. Ron Paul is just a congress critter from Texas.

As far as the roundups that may be far fetched but is it? We rounded up Japanese in WW2 by the thousands and justified it is "they could be enemies"

A wise and prudent move at the time. And a temporary move, followed by paying reparations to them.

They have rounded up not thousands but dozens of people here at least and shipped them to guantanimo and other locations without trial and oh do not pass go either

Name two people "here" who have been rounded up and sent to Gitmo.

Heck look at WW2 when Hitler had his camps 90% of the population had no clue even though they were only a few miles outside of some towns. Its not far fetched at all and for people to close their minds to the past will be doomed to face history again because it does repeat itself when you dont learn from it.

Are you saying there are internment camps here in the US? Prove it. And please. not one of those hysterical "train repair depot" videos.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Without getting into the discusion of whether the "establishment" killed MLK or JFK...

There is one big difference - those were men who had achieved. Ron Paul is just a congress critter from Texas.

I dont know man Ron Paul has really awaken a lot of people and his campaign is growing more and more even though it has ended. Hes waking people up to the things like the Fed and money that no one wants to talk about. He talks about the Nafta Hwy and the military industrial complex.

A wise and prudent move at the time. And a temporary move, followed by paying reparations to them.

Nothing wise about this move. It was a low point in American history and they were paid reparations and an apology from Regan because of how low it was.

Name two people "here" who have been rounded up and sent to Gitmo.

The actual names I will research but maybe someone knows off the top of their head. There was the kid who was here on a student visa who the FBI picked up and held him for 6 years with no trial or access to lawyers and now recently an article came out about him maybe getting a trial. Ill research and get his name and get it. He was in NC or NJ or something like that.

The second was a guy from WA who was picked up and once again Ill have to get his exact name Im not good with the Arab names who was held since 2004 and he too is just not getting a chance at a trial. Ill be back with this part.

Are you saying there are internment camps here in the US? Prove it. And please. not one of those hysterical "train repair depot" videos.

Nope not saying there is or is not. Im saying dont even close your mind to the fact they may exist or could exist in the future but they wont come out and SAY they are internment camps to hold government descenders they will call it a camp for illegal immigrants like the one outside Waterloo Ia or Criminal Camps like is Az.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

The video didn't really address the burrowing capabilities of the MOAB. The MOP burrows deeper than Nuclear Bunker Busters but is such a large package that only 2-3 of the 20 B-2's would be switched over to carry them. Each one only fitting two MOP's.

But US capabilities aside, Israel would be forced to carry something that would fit on f-15/f-16's and guarantee that the job get done. Megaton class nukes seems the all around winner in that category. Since Iran's response would be the attempted destruction of Israel, they may feel justified in such a move.

Just my thoughts, I'm not an expert on these matters.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I dont know man Ron Paul has really awaken a lot of people and his campaign is growing more and more even though it has ended. Hes waking people up to the things like the Fed and money that no one wants to talk about. He talks about the Nafta Hwy and the military industrial complex.

Ron Paul's campaign is dead in the water. It never gained any steam or traction. The vast majority of his supporters were college kids, who are the ones most easily swayed by the kind of monetary and isolationalism reforms that RP sells. Idealistic, but impractical.

It's nice to be idealistic. "Visualize World Peace".

Nothing wise about this move. It was a low point in American history and they were paid reparations and an apology from Regan because of how low it was.

It's ironic that you point to our nation doing the right thing in the same breath that you condemn it.

Nope not saying there is or is not. Im saying dont even close your mind to the fact they may exist or could exist in the future but they wont come out and SAY they are internment camps to hold government descenders they will call it a camp for illegal immigrants like the one outside Waterloo Ia or Criminal Camps like is Az.

And it's entirely possible that the moon will be hit by an asteroid which sends it out of orbit and careening into the earth. TOMORROW. Don't close your mind to the possibility, and you better prepare for it.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
Ron Paul seems more like someone who will say what people want to hear, someone with a message that is designed to reach a target audience.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't politicians supposed to represent the people?

If the people are saying something loud and clear, then shouldn't the politicians also be forwarding that same message?

Look at the current administration - do they really listen to their people, when they continue the Vietraq war without end?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Ron Paul's campaign is dead in the water. It never gained any steam or traction. The vast majority of his supporters were college kids, who are the ones most easily swayed by the kind of monetary and isolationalism reforms that RP sells. Idealistic, but impractical.

It's nice to be idealistic. "Visualize World Peace".

I fail to see whats impractical about small government and balanced budgets. i fail to see whats impractical about putting the power of our money back into the hands of the people and not some quazi bank. I dont see whats impractical about getting rid of the income tax. I dont see whats impractical about staying out of other peoples business. These all USED to be republican talking points but since the Christian right and Big Corp and Jewish lobby has taken over the republican party this all has changed. Hey Im glad you feel that all of this is some absurd thought but it was reality for most of this countries history.

If you like Big Government, Legislative morality, welfare state, nanny state, police state, and being the worlds policeman & feeder then please feel free to vote McCain or Obama they are for you but Ill vote for the "unrealistic" guy and wake up the next day with a clear conscious.

It's ironic that you point to our nation doing the right thing in the same breath that you condemn it.

Because Im not a one sided guy. Frankly your statement doesnt make much sense because everything I said was true. I dont leave out stuff just to spin a truth. We tried to make amends but it still doesnt justify the fact that it was a stupid move and a low point in our history.

And it's entirely possible that the moon will be hit by an asteroid which sends it out of orbit and careening into the earth. TOMORROW. Don't close your mind to the possibility, and you better prepare for it.

:shk:

Hmm if you want to put the odds of the moon hitting the earth and the US starting internment camps for government opposition then hey thats your choice I just hope your not a gambling man because you will be losing a lot of money betting on odds like that. Also if you are insinuating in your statement that things happen and there just isnt anything you can do about it live with it (which could be extrapolated from your statement) then you have the idea of America completely wrong and should really research why the revolution was fought in the first place.

The odd thing is in other threads you generally agree on these issues so either your trying to play devils advocate or the government propaganda machine has warped your mind also. Then again maybe Im wrong wouldnt be the first time.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mybigunit]

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

You are not wrong, however you have taken something from my post out of context. In my opinion Ron Paul is a lame duck, yet still attracts support for what appears to be a wasted viral campaign, one which he stands no chance of winning, so what is the point?

To deflect people from issues that are important and from those candidates who do have the best chance of winning, or to spread disinformation, further distance those who are truly seeking change from where they have a real chance to make a difference?

Maybe you should read that post you quoted again.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by tezzajw

You are not wrong, however you have taken something from my post out of context. In my opinion Ron Paul is a lame duck, yet still attracts support for what appears to be a wasted viral campaign, one which he stands no chance of winning, so what is the point?

To deflect people from issues that are important and from those candidates who do have the best chance of winning, or to spread disinformation, further distance those who are truly seeking change from where they have a real chance to make a difference?

Maybe you should read that post you quoted again.

So according to your statement unless you are elected president you cant make a difference in our countries path....Hmmm tell that to people like Rosa Parks, MLK, all of the founding fathers, pre revolution, and on and on and on. People need to get into the habbit of voting who they think can best change our country and not who you think has the best chance of winning. When you choose between the lesser of 2 evils you are still choosing evil and frankly the people running now talk about change but look at their voting records. They arent about change they are about glossing over the status quo.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

In my opinion Ron Paul is a lame duck, yet still attracts support for what appears to be a wasted viral campaign, one which he stands no chance of winning, so what is the point?

The point is that he is offering the sheeple a chance to vote for something other than Republocrats.

Isn't that how a democracy is supposed to work?

or to spread disinformation, further distance those who are truly seeking change from where they have a real chance to make a difference?

Both of the Republocrats have expressed their desire for change and their desire to make a difference.

Meanwhile, the wars, suffering, corruption and evil will continue to occur without bounds.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The beauty is that everyone has the right to support and vote for who they choose, it is those who in these times will seek to exploit that right to advance their ultimate agenda that should concern you.

Beyond a small minority Ron Paul is hardly a factor anyway. However in a close election, ultimately that could be a huge factor.

Looking under the surface of politics requires an open mind. The ultimate change "independant republican" Ron Paul is all about may not be exactly what you think it is.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If Bush goes to war with iran

he will go to jail...if he doesnt go to jail he'll be at least impeached...

no matter what rights or freedoms he destroys on paper, it'll never truly matter. We are free naturally, you can never take that away from someone.

I hope he pulls a stupid move like that, he'll be out of office fast soon enough.

This government is corrupt and has horrific plans for all of us. Its all about $.

Everything is in a horrific state. We are practically in a depression. Everything is so expensive and nobody will be able to maintain if things continue to go south. Frankly, the people of our nation need to band together and protest. There will always be more of us, than them. We've been betrayed for decades. I say we give them payback.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join