It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear Members of Congress Saying 'If We Could Only Nuke Iran': Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
www.infowars.com

Congressman Ron Paul has warned millions of radio listeners that the US is heading into a deadly confrontation with Iran,
(visit the link for the full news article)

What if it is Iran that is heading into a deadly confrontation with the U.S.A.?

What has Iran done to avoid this confrontation? It seems they have done more to raise the risk of confrontation than the U.S. has.

Who the hell is Ron Paul anyway?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

Congratulations! You have been successfully Brainwashed by the Corpomedia Kool-aid Brigade!

Yes, the ever-evil and dangerous Iran is plotting out their attack on this nation as we speak, just like IRAQ was in the aftermath of 9/11! We must rush in there and get them!

"You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists!"

De ja vu, Iraq part II, all over again...

Sigh...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

I hope the reason you have not clue of what is going on in our nation of the USA and have not clue as who is Ron Paul is due in part of been from another country.

Ron Paul is an independent presidential candidate.

www.ronpaul2008.com...

And as the count down with Iran, well if you have any clue of the one with Iraq, I guess just follow the trail.

The lie factory

www.motherjones.com...

I hope it helps.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
DD. I heard the Iranian royal navy that will launch an onslaught of destruction at the continental US.
The shahabs are not exactly ICBM's.

Sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
reply to post by mybigunit

Funny. I have contacted my representatives as many times as you have or more and I never EXPECTED them to contact me back. I live in New Mexico where there is a relatively small population but still I can imagine my representatives are too busy to worry about calling me back to make sure "I am happy with their work". Please.

My suggestion to you would be to join your local "party of choice' and attending the meeting where the representatives have TRADITIONALLY met with citizens. I am tired of the lines about how unaccessible our representatives are when people make such small efforts to 'be involved'.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Animal]

Hey Animal, I too am from New Mexico and have recently felt an urge to get "involved" and in contact with the representatives from our State. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no political background, or even extensive knowledge on the matter
How would you suggest that I go about getting involved so that I can maybe have a say in what our country does to itself and the rest of the world?

Also, I'm in Albuquerque, where are you?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Taj Mikel

This is a very good link to get to your state representatives and contact them with E-mails, just type your zip code and follow the links, also browse the page it has all kind of interesting information on what congress and the president are working at the moment.

www.congress.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
The substantial problem here is that USAmericans have become a people of "the lie" -- that is what they believe about themselves is often simply a lie that has been told so often they believe it.

The clearest example of a lie told so often that the USAmericans believe it, is the use of the atom bombs in Japan in World War II. USAmericans have bought the lie that so many more people would have died so it was justified in using the atom bombs.

Once you drink deeply of the Kool-Aid or the Big Lie, it is really hard to turn around. So much thinking and beliefs get built on a Lie, and then it is very hard to look at the truth, own it, change your tune, and walk in the truth.

I know about the one you are writing about. I grew up with the stories justifying the use of the atom bombs. No one I knew stopped to ask any questions. They heard the lie, they told the lie to others, they nodded in agreement when the Lie was repeated in their presence. But what was underneath it was the belief that America could not be that evil, so what was done must be good.

People didn't even have a category to understand that these bombs were in no sense tactical but were wild indiscriminate killing machines murdering children, pregnant women, old men, nuns, priests. I assure you there was not one person in my family or the township where I grew up who knew that the bomb in Nagasaki had been targeted on the Mother of God Cathedral. Once I started learning the truth about this I became maybe too zealous in telling the people I know. But even a minister who clocked me after a July 4th service came to realize that I was spreading the truth.

Truth costs. There is a price to be paid for truth and right actions. And part of redeeming the USA is getting out there and making a difference. Even living in another country now I keep in contact with embassy staff and consular staff and give them information I gather and pass it on like giving an antidote to the Cheney Kool-Aid.

The thing I wish Americans knew is that all that Ahmedinejad is is a loud mouth. You don't start a modern war because of a loud mouth. His support is falling apart. The ethnic minorities are against him. Some of the ayatullahs are against him. Whole schools of Sufis are against him. Intellegentsia are against him. But I assure you, the moment Bush and Cheney bomb Iran, a unified Iranian nation will arise.

I'm not a big prophecy follower, but I do think the Daniel scroll speaks to the death and breakup of the USA if its not about all nations that derive from the British Empire.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by splendourinthegrass]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I believe spledour that is the definition of a true patriot. One willing to lay their jaw and liberty on the line for their beliefs.
I believe the presidential branch is out of hand, and out of control. Gandhi style solutions would be fabulous, but more than likely fruitless.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I will most certainly follow that link, thank you very much for the assistance!
It's foolish to do nothing but wake up, work, go to sleep and repeat. I'm ready to do a bit more me thinks

to people willing to make a difference!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Would never happen. I don't know where you people come up with this crap. Very laughable.

Naive, and ignorant.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Perhaps because the same 'will never happen' could have been said before 9/11 and Iraq.

'America will never be attacked, it can't happen. It will never happen'.
*cue turbine engine noises*

Due to (and apologies to many American members) the general population of America being completely ignorant to their own plight and the situation in the rest of the world, the government can get away with (literally) murder.

Wake up. Your government hasn't bent to international pressure about anything in the past 2 terms. Just because it is internationally unacceptable to pre-empitively nuke someone doesn't mean they can't and won't do it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Taj Mikel

I live in 'Fanta Se'

To get you started check these out:

Democratic Party

Republican Party

Find Contact Information for All Your Representatives Here

Go get 'em Tiger

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey Animal thanks for the links, I'll go check them out for sure.

I have lived here in NM nearly my whole life, never got the time to go to Santa Fe though sadly. Went down there once a few years back to see the burning of ZaZobra (sp?) but that was about it. Sad thing was, from where we sat (on top of some hill surrounded by drunk and shrooming teenagers) we weren't really able to see much of the actaul ceremony. Then we got in trouble for not walking on the sidewalks. We're rebels here in the Burque, you know

Anyway, thanks again man I'll definitely follow up on those links

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Would never happen. I don't know where you people come up with this crap. Very laughable.

Naive, and ignorant.

The tensions building around Iran are well publicized around the world. Now, apply your statement above to Silver Orbs that drop Chem Trails on your house and I might agree with you!

Seriously though, why not back up your statement with some meaningful points?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

there are protests all over. in DC especially. but you wont see them on the news. I have been to a few and the mysteriously were not mentioned on news media. Wonder how that works? Hmmm

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
One thing i sense though is a very deep division between europe and america...well uk will follow america like a flea ridden dog looking for scraps of food...but alot of other countries cant really be arsed with america right now...anyhoo,it will be israel that attacks not america...and the only way israel could ever ever possibly win a war with iran right now is nukes....and we all know what that means....

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

Naive, and ignorant.

Electro, you honestly think that a nuclear arm could/would never be used on Iran? Or elsewhere for that matter?

You're kidding, right? The leaders of government, as well as many of those listed as mere citizens, would welcome the use of such arms and in fact have! Obviously, the most well noted account would be the United States' use of nuclear arms on Japan in WW2, which certainly occurred. Also, the less publicised nuclear and atomic tests that go on around the globe.

Just because nuclear arms are supremely destructive does not mean that people won't use them. When we dropped the bombs on Japan we knew what would happen. We knew how many it would kill and main. We knew it was as destructive as it was. Just like then, with the nukes of today we are well aware of their destructive capabilities. I do not believe that knowledge to be a deterrent to their use, though.

To consider it, if nuclear war was not a possibility, why then do we maintain a nuclear arsenal? Why are other nations attempting to also have this technology? Just to say we do? Nada, good sir, nada.

The only reason I can imagine that we would not use nuclear technology is because it would invoke the anger of other nations, but if we look at the United States' track record over the past decade we clearly see that the US has no real concern for the thoughts of other nations.

Sir, you can have your own opinions, that's fine. But to call the idea ignorant and naive, as well as laughable just goes to solidify the notion that people here (Earth) have become detached, distanced and careless regarding their attention to reality.

Since when is it "crap" to theorize and prepare? Since when is it "naive" to theorize and prepare? Since when is it an act of ignorance that causes people to theorize and prepare? Lol. Laughable, eh? I think not, sir.

Here, you get a
because ATS doesn't have a graphic for gold stars.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Taj Mikel]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you, however, I am still not sure why Ron Paul is such a cult favorite here. Ron Paul seems more like someone who will say what people want to hear, someone with a message that is designed to reach a target audience. Are you sure that those of you who are Ron Paul supporters or followers have not been duped into playing a role in a wasted attempt at a viral campaign meant to deflect you away from other issues and/or candidates?

He hears members of congress say something and you take his word without question yet you question everything else anyone presents here?

If Ron Paul says he has spoken personally with aliens from another world who are going to solve the energy crisis for us if he is elected president will you believe that too without question?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join