It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black National Anthem?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

Wherever you learned your history, its way off buddy.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Spuggy

it was written by francis scott key during and after a battle.

it is not some made up poem or something like that more of a poetic news report.

what are you talking about offensive?

look it up and then see if you can clarify or retract what your saying here

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone
[more
I fly the confederate flag, I say nappy headed, I will say the 'n' word if I choose to.

I do not say the 'n' word out of respect for others and it doesn't fit my vocabulary.

Who says we can do all these things?

I am a white German/American but I call myself 100% American.

I often tell my grandchildren they are nappy headed when they don't comb their hair. It is not meant as a racial slur.

I fly the confederate flag as a protest to the powers that be who are eroding my civil rights.

As long as I do not threaten or slander anyone I will say any word I want to say.

Back on topic.

It does seem a bit disrespectful to our country to sing something other than our national anthem when asked to sing it at an official city meeting.

Using the race issue disgust me. We should act as one people for the greater good of our country.

However, and please don't take this the wrong way, I can understand how proud the black people are of Obama. I see nothing wrong with that.

But.............having a black presidential candidate is not an open invitation to change our anthem, change how the black people treat white people, and yes it is happening in south east Georgia, or for them to feel superior to other races.

We are one people of many colors.

De Coloris

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My god what an evil monster. I'm surprised that she didn't throw a few "kill whitey"s in there. In all seriousness folks, I didn't see hardly any uproar when "Borat" disgraced the national anthem to death in his movie lol.
I agree that there is no substitute for a country's national anthem. Most likely this was a publicity stunt for this woman, which people will relate somehow to the idea of "black change" and "Obama". Hell, she'll probably be on Oprah in the next week or two. I just hope she gets a better hair cut.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore How Can It NOT Be Related To Obama ? He Is Running For President On The Dem. Ticket Right ? Would She Have Been Invited To Sing Had Not Her Candidate Been Obama ? I Don't Think So ! And Her Lame Excuse Does'nt Fly Either . She Knew Exactly What She Was Doing .The Dems. Should Be Ashamed Of Their Selves . This Is AMERICA . Not Black America .Either Sing The National Anthem As It Was Written Or Don't Sing It At All .

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

When borat sang that you could clearly see how pissed those people were, because they didn't know it was a joke, ofcourse it didn't cause a national uproar because it was a joke, something people could laugh about. Where is the joke in this though, whats so funny? Where is the comparison? She sang an anthem that was written in design to show pride in a single race of people. To take such a song and sing it where she did is nothing but pure 100% disrespect, if you can't see that your mind must be full of clouds.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Nobody in this thread, to my knowledge, has said Obama personally endorsed her actions. You're simply making assumptions.

But Tkain said in his very first post

Who knows, maybe this is her big break, and she'll go on tour with BHO, and when BHO wins, mabye he will change our countrys anthem to what ever this little piece of garbage just sang.

The actual article (I assume you read it) doesn't mention Obama at all. Now granted, TK doesn't doesn't say he has or would endorse it, but if thats not the implication, then why say it in the first place?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What a complete load of RUBBISH! If this is the embodiment of social thinking and outrage over illusionary patriotism, then may the gods help us all!

It was a song! Properly timed, expertly executed and grabbed up by a media that is trying its damndest to use smoke and mirrors to redirect a public from the real issues that are grinding our country into fodder!

I would like all of you "true" patriots to take a moment to reflect on your own version of patriotism and then compare notes with each other(I will start a new thread based on this question www.abovetopsecret.com...) I think you will find that patriotism is a social ordering of intent. It is NOT substantial in any way, rather it is a PERSONAL obligation that is up to each person to determine for themselves.

"A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but won't cross the street to vote in a national election." Bill Vaughn

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it." Edward R. Murrow

"Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit." Emma Goldman

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

"The nation is divided, half patriots and half traitors, and no man can tell which from which." Mark Twain

[edit on 3-7-2008 by redbarron626]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by redbarron626]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Because it fits? Use some commen sense, this is exactly the kind of people BO has associated with his whole life. But what I take from the comment you pasted is a little satirical and not literal. But it most definately fits, one not even need an active imagination to see it. Quick question, why is someone from England involving themslelves in an internal matter about another countries national anthem? Really, I'm guessing it's the BO connection, you are forcing your political views on another country buddy,

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wait you intellectual snobs, I got a better question! If a muslim was asked to sing the British National Anthem at a political event, but secretly devised a plan to actually sing some arabic anthem instead, not telling anyone untill they sprang it on you, would that be ok?

It's funny how your minds can be so simple as to be able to lower it down to most simple common denominator, "errrr, just song...durrrrr, sang uhhhh out loud....durrrrr" Yessss, good job! Heres a cookie. Lets not look at the big picture and the implications and motivations.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Who cares what some clown sings, America has become a war mongering ,Heep of mass consuming buffoons. Land of the blue and white collar slaves working jobs they hate so they can buy crap they don't need.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by LeeHawt]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I personally don't see any issue with this except for the fact she was SUPPOSE to sing something else...but hey, power to her. Seriously

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
Quick question, why is someone from England involving themslelves in an internal matter about another countries national anthem? Really, I'm guessing it's the BO connection, you are forcing your political views on another country buddy,

First up, last time I checked ATS was an international board, and anyone from any country is free to post in any thread. Get used to it. It happens a lot.

As I have no political affiliations to either party in the US, and what they represent, and cannot vote in the US election, trying to imply some kind of bias on my part is kind of pointless.

In fact, if you'd read what I said in my earlier post - which you clearly didn't - I made it perfectly clear that I considered the womans actions to be wrong, because she was asked to sing the US national anthem and not her own personalised version of what she thought that would be.

What I do have issues with are ignorance, implied propaganda and falsehoods. Thats because ATS is supposed to be a civilised discussion board who's motto is "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I suppose if a white south african sings some white anthem at some political rally in South Africa, more power to em huh, yeah, more power to ya. We are so devided it's not even funny and we have morons that actually encourage it. Yes, lets divide, divide, divide. Lets not stop untill we absolutely can't stand eachother when all we needed to do was not allow it. Foolish Fools being Foolish!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Oh I understood your stance, hence why I assumed your hear to defend Obama and not her......get it?

Yes, Yes, international, fantastic we have to put up with it, I get it, fine, doesn't meen I have to respect it. Because I don't respect nosy people that force their views where they don't belong, and involving yourself with internal politics of another country is IMO ignorant. Now if this was concerning foreign policy or something might affect you, yeah whatever, but this is involving our national anthem getting tossed aside to perpetrate a racist political statement.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
The actual article (I assume you read it) doesn't mention Obama at all. Now granted, TK doesn't doesn't say he has or would endorse it, but if thats not the implication, then why say it in the first place?

The link was actually to a video with a running commentary, but in answer to your question, I watched the video, I listened to the comentary, and then read a few versions of the story online as well.

An implication is not an accusation, but rather an inference. And as I said before, this is a conspiracy board. People make some really off-the-wall connections between seemingly unrelated items.

I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I got trying to post in the breaking Alternative News forum when I first joined! My post were constantly being moved because they didn't smack of conspiracy!

[edit on 7/3/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
so much fuss because of a national anthem , bunch of patriotic fanatics

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
so much fuss because of a national anthem , bunch of patriotic fanatics

OMG!!!! The ignorance is astounding, how about some minority in Portugal does the same thing in your country, how do you think the people of Portugal would react? They would not be offended? They are not patriotic in their own right? OMG!!!! The humanity!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

In this day and age, no one really cares about national anthems and blah blah blah. Hell, kids in school don't even stand up for the anthem or to say the pledge. What she did was wrong though, should have sang what she agreed to sing.

I think she needs to take a trip to Fantastic Sams for a hair-over.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by CommanderSinclair]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

hahaha , i dont give a damn if someone changed the national anthem of my country or even the flag , that would not affect me or anyone neither negatively or positively , anyone that thinks that those are issues that matter most have some problems in their head.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join