It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black National Anthem?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
www.breitbart.tv...

Whow!

What the ???

Have you ever seen something so disgraceful...

I mean, this just goes to show how much the Dems realy have no idea whats going on.

This clown geets up there, and disgraces OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM...

what a peice of garbage.

WHo knows, mabye this is her big break, and she'll go on tour with BHO, and when BHO wins, mabye he will change our countrys anthem to what ever this little peoce of garbage just sang.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Here's another link if someone can't access that one:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here are the lyrics to what used to be called the Negro National Anthem:

Lift every voice and sing, till earth and Heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise, high as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us;
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
Let us march on till victory is won.

Stony the road we trod, bitter the chastening rod,
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
Yet with a steady beat, have not our weary feet,
Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered,
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered;
Out from the gloomy past, till now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.

God of our weary years, God of our silent tears,
Thou who hast brought us thus far on the way;
Thou who hast by Thy might, led us into the light,
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee.
Lest our hearts, drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee.
Shadowed beneath Thy hand, may we forever stand,
True to our God, true to our native land.

The words are by James Johnson. Here is a link to a rather poor MIDI file, but it gives an idea of what the original tune sounds like: LINK

[edit on 2/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

the only other thing ive seen more disgrasful is when the our national anthem was adopted by mexico.

many brave men fought and died for the words in that song. and to some they are just that words. but to many like myself those words mean much more than that. they repersent the countless who have died selflessly for our freedoms. those words are alive with the blood young men and women have spilled for this great nation. those words are there to comfort the wounds each and every american faces.

then we have mexico and some lady i dont know deminishing those words to nothing more than garbage. a slap in the face to everyone who ever has or will serve this country. it should be a crime like flag burnning. there is no diffrence in my eyes...

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

the only other thing ive seen more disgrasful is when the our national anthem was adopted by mexico.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

What do you mean by this/ I must have missed it

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The following YouTube video begins with a fiery interview with the great U.S. American opera singer Leontyne Price and concludes with her singing "Lift Every Voice And Sing".

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Did you read the article?

[Mayor] Hickenlooper said in a statement: "We were as surprised as anyone that jazz singer René Marie did not sing our national anthem at Tuesday's State of the City ceremony, as our staff had requested. As I listened to her sing, I assumed she would eventually move into the traditional Star Spangled Banner. I called her personally this (Tuesday) afternoon to understand what happened. She explained her song was an artistic expression of her love for her country. She said she meant no disrespect of any kind and that her song was in no way intended to be a political statement. She apologized for any problems she may have created.

Soooooo.......how do you contribute this to 'the Dems realy have no idea whats going on?'

Seems more like a failure to communicate her intent and have it in accord with the Mayor and councils. It appear to have taken everybody by surprise. And I'm sure had the Mayor, or councilmen Charlie Brown known they would have changed her tune rather quickly.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That is a very beautiful and moving song and I suppose she was just trying to show how proud she is of her country, maybe even for the 'first time in her life,' like Michelle Obama.

P. Diddy, aka. Puff Daddy, or whatever his name is this year, can wear his 'Obama or Die!' t-shirt and this lady can change the lyrics to the American National Anthem from now on but it won't change the fact that Obama is a flip flopping puppet whose strings are being pulled by unseen yet very real forces.

It almost makes me feel sorry for people who honestly believe and hope that he is what he says he is.

Almost.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Black national anthem? Do black people have their own country here in the U.S.? Black people seem to forget that they came to the U.S. as slaves mostly because other black people sold them off as slaves back in Africa. Everyone one earth has been a slave to another nation at one point or other, get over it already. It doesn't matter either way, the Spanish have taken over the U.S., anyone ever notice how many Spanish speaking channels there are on regular tv? Nothing personal against black or hispanic people, I hate the entire human race.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ObamaMomma

oh you are right they just translated it and sing it now.

thehive.modbee.com.../917

www.xispas.com...

they didnt adopt it i remembered the news article wrong they just butchered it..

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The sad part is she can't even sing worth a cr-p.. She rates right up there with Wing in my opinion..

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Okay, we haven't taken a step forward here. We've taken two back.

I'm still wondering how does this reflect on the democrats in general, or Obama, in particular?

Seems to me a person pulled a 'wardrobe malfunction' that landed her in the national spotlight. That's all I see. And that may well have been her intent.

I don't see any wonderful show of patriotism since she didn't perform the National Anthem as she was slated to do. I don't care how beautiful the song is, was, or could be. It simply is not the National Anthem.

Still, I do not see this as related to Obama or the democrats in any way, shape, or form.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

i didnt see it that way either but i can however see why the connection would be made.

a black woman singing it in a church. thats what it looked like to me and probably a democrat. just my thoughts though...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sry, i didnt make this clear, this was a CIty Meeting... BUT a VERY BLUE city, and orginized by hardcore libs.

Once she started into this massicure of our anthem, they should have pulled the plug on her. Or someone should have said, "Hey Moron, thats not the anthem of the United States!"

Tell this 'thing' that she lives in the Untied States of America, and we have ONE national anthem, there is no "Black America", and inventing an anthem for an invented nation doesnt fly either...

My mentions of Obama, was half-way saterical, and half-way serioues...

I havent seen ANYTHING to make me belive that Obama or Obama wife, or ANY of Obamas friends do not disagree with this. ALL comments coming from them indicate taht they belive there is a split in America, thus, wouldn't this 'version' of the national anthem be appropiate for Obama?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wow. The politics of race are running rampant in the US right now huh?

Its amazing what crawls out of the woodwork.

Sorry but I read this thread as racially motivated garbage. Shes black, he's black, so there must be a connection right? Hey "they're all the same", right?

Rubbish. Absolute and utter crap.

I havent seen ANYTHING to make me belive that Obama or Obama wife, or ANY of Obamas friends do not disagree with this.

And yet you posted it, deliberately, to make the connection. Why?

Says alot.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Obamas wife, Obamas mentors, Obamas Pastors, and Obama himself ALL make mentions of "Black America"

So here is the anthem of the "nation" they talk about.

how is that not related?

I was just as mad when the ignorent Mexicans defaced the national anthem, by replaceing the words with some spanish garbage.

I would be the same mad if:
A muslem anthem to our national anthem
An Irish anthem to our national anthem
A cuban anthem to our national anthem
A german anthem to our national anthem

ANY of them sould be treated the same, they are DEFACING our nation, BY MOCKING our national anthem.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Obamas wife, Obamas mentors, Obamas Pastors, and Obama himself ALL make mentions of "Black America"

So here is the anthem of the "nation" they talk about.

how is that not related?

If he was part Italian, would him talking about being Italian-American and discussing the community he came from be a problem for you?

If he was jewish, would him discussing being Jewish-American and the community he came from be a problem for you?

If he was white, would him discussing being a White Christian American and the community he came from be a problem for you?

When McCain discusses his background and where he comes from, does that bother you? Where is your post complaining about that - its not there is it?

Why is that?

The article you linked is nothing whatsoever to do with Obama. He has not endorsed it, he did not orchestrate it - hell as far as I can tell by searching google he's not even commented on it - and yet you chose to link it - solely because of the colour of the skin of the woman who sang the song.

Well Ted Bundy was white. Using the same logic what does that tell me about white Americans?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
LOL WE CANT FLY THE CONFEDERATE FLAG.... WE CANT SAY NAPPY HEADED..... WE CANT SAY THE N WORD even though it is said in every other rap lyric....... now we r begining to lose our national anthem lol...
and everyone want repromands....

im sorry but enough is enough....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For all groups of people WITHIN the US:
Polish
Jewish
German
Irish
Italian
Mexican
Cuban
Cannadian
French

There is just ONE America, There is ONE national anthem, You can you own thing with it But to pervert the lyrics, and then impose a title Such as "The Black Natinal Atheam' on it is crazy.

I mean, what does that mean, Black National anthem, what country of this? Is whoever trying to claim there is a soverign nation INSIDE america? Are you fine with people splitting the country into diffrent nations?

Just look at the Data.

We are a nation of MANY diffrent backgrounds, a thoushand diffrent paths to this, our homeland, or nation. WE THE PEOPLE, ALL OF THE PEOPLE, are the nation. We shouldnt be making divides.

Thats what this is.

I have had lots of African-American friends, and some friends stright from Africa too. Afican Americans are blessed to be off that god-foresaken continent, and in a country as wonderful as the USA. They consider themselves just Americans, not "Black, or Afircan", they have the same mentailty as anyone who is in this country, reguardless of thier heritiage, weather it be Mexican, Irish, African, or ANYOTHER.

Once your hear, this is your country, this is your Nation.

But mabye you and me just hang out with diffrent people, who knows...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Black people seem to forget that they came to the U.S. as slaves mostly because other black people sold them off as slaves back in Africa.

its not forgotten its the way peaople choose to remember..... easier to blame someone else instead of urself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join