It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black National Anthem?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
edit to delete quote...happy now u know who?

If someone changed the Portugal flag and National Anthem, you are saying no one would care? Or just you wouldn't care? So people that would be offended at a flag and anthem change have problems in their head????????
Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest anyone that could feel the way you do has problems in their head.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow, I only made it through a couple of pages. Interesting how stories get rewritten as threads go on.

The problem was that she replaced the words of the National Anthem with words from another song at a meeting where she was supposed to be singing the National Anthem. She then apologized to the Mayor and all would have been well except a couple of hours later she said the opposite and instead implied it was a statement. So in addition to disrespecting the National Anthem, she lied to the Mayor about her intent. The story changed later on when she started saying that it was a statement.

She obviously did this on purpose, there is no way you can be commissioned to sing the National Anthem at an important meeting and then sing the wrong words by accident. Not only sing the wrong words, but sing them to the music of the National Anthem.

Peoples anger has nothing to do with race. At least sensible peoples anger.

My opinion is people like this do these things for attention and their political motivations are just a cover story. She wanted attention and she got it. It reminds me of protesters, in that many of them don't even know why they are protesting, they just dig the attention.

As to the proposed conspiracy linking this to Obama -

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Wasn't that the Black National Anthem she sang in place of the regular National Anthem in front of a political stage full of white people. How is that not offensive to people and a country. I really don't understand you, you have no logic, you are just saying it, throwing it out there like a leaf in the wind...."it's not racist", wow, thank you for the insight, but I have said why I feel it is.

The song isn't titled "The Black National Anthem". It's called Lift Every Voice and Sing". There's nothing strictly black about it. There's nothing anti white about it. Aside from the poem being written by a black man, and the music being written by a black man, there's no racial issue at hand. Sorry, but every point you've made so far about minorities and such is a useless illogical tangent.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

No , I could not care less, why?
Should i care?

Tell me how this event affected your life , if you find it very disturbing.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Well it is widely considered the "black" national anthem, I highly doubt she wasn't aware of this and it didn't play a significant role in her motivation for this disgusting display of human behaviour. You think this was a coincidence that some random song she pics happens to be the infamous "black" nation anthem, maybe the song's lyrics arn't racist, but the intent most certainly is, even if passive aggressive.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

Well I'm angry, that has affected me, I'm ashamed and I reserve that right you little nazi boy, thank you!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

She's a musician. Music is supposed to be creative. It is also common for music to piss people off for no reason. I am guessing you also think that Elvis Presley is a disgrace to American music. What is so disgraceful for changing up the words? Would you be just as mad if the lyrics remained the same, and different music was played? It's not all that bad. Instead of scrutinizing her music, you should calm down, and respect it for what it is - FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
so much fuss because of a national anthem , bunch of patriotic fanatics

You may not respect your country, but I'd ask you not to $hit on those who actually do, thank you very much.

neformore and the rest of you left wingers who think us patriots are making such a big deal of this, let's turn this whole situation around shall we?

Let's say some famous ancenstral black song was to be sung and instead some white woman got up and sang something else that she wrote, completely different.

Now ask yourselves, if this were to occur, would you and the rest of your liberal kind be screaming "Injustice!" toward black people? Would you be screaming racism and racial intolerance?

I dare say you would, because with all of you, ALL OF YOU, the door swings only ONE WAY. Hypocrites!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Is that what you're upset about? That some call this song the black national anthem? If she sang 'Movin on up' from the Jeffersons would it be any better?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

i never said that you didnt have the right to complain , but caring for subjects like these , and turning them in to catastrophes , is a little childish.
HEIL HITLER

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Sheeper

Should i care?

No it's fine. You don't give a damn about anyone else but yourself. We get the message.

How about we go so far as to say everyone from Portugal is as rude and thoughtless and selfish as you? That sound fair?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I am positive that I'd be cool with that situation. A lot of other people wouldn't be though, and for no good reason. It would be the same exact situation. I bet it would end up in a thread on this website. Neither of those situations should be considered bad.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
reply to post by sos37

I am positive that I'd be cool with that situation. A lot of other people wouldn't be though, and for no good reason. It would be the same exact situation. I bet it would end up in a thread on this website. Neither of those situations should be considered bad.

Oh you know it would end up in a thread on this website with neforemore and the rest of the liberal posters screaming about the injustice, saying there should be a civil inquest! I can hear them screaming now, "WE SHALL OVERCOME!" My ass.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Welcome to the Twilight Zone where everything is distorted and out of skew. Where common sense is thrown out the window and irrational analogies are haphazardly used. What a crazy world we live in, full of crazy people.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

reply to post by Sheeper

Should i care?

No it's fine. You don't give a damn about anyone else but yourself. We get the message.

How about we go so far as to say everyone from Portugal is as rude and thoughtless and selfish as you? That sound fair?

i have no problem with you saying that but you are projectating what you think i am in the portuguese without knowing how we really are so i would say that your statement would not matter.

hell i can even say that most people from my country are a bunch of ignorants , or should i hide the reality and let my patriotism come out of my ass and say that portuguese are the best in the world , and portugal is the best nation in the world , refusing to face the reality of who they really are.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

edit-sorry bout posts, computer went wachadoo!......Think happy thoughts, will not let foolish people bother me.....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
First of all, attacking another member is bad. Censor circumvention is bad. We're coming up on a holiday weekend and I'm not inclined to look favorably on anyone who makes me work this hard. So knock it off.

Secondly, does anyone think for a second this would even be a story if Obama wasn't a candidate? Stop being so easily manipulated. For the next six months, everytime someone of color does anything even vaguely "offensive" [to anyone anywhere], some political operative is going to have it spun in the media as reflecting on Obama.

Pace yourselves. We have a long way to go.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
reply to post by dracodie

Well I'm angry, that has affected me, I'm ashamed and I reserve that right you little nazi boy, thank you!

Irony detection is online. All systems are go. Running scan...

These readings are off the chart!

My god, the sensors are overloading!

May Day! May Day! May Da...............

(This post is experiencing technical difficulties)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

so much fuss because of a national anthem , bunch of patriotic fanatics

You may not respect your country, but I'd ask you not to $hit on those who actually do, thank you very much.

neformore and the rest of you left wingers who think us patriots are making such a big deal of this, let's turn this whole situation around shall we?

Let's say some famous ancenstral black song was to be sung and instead some white woman got up and sang something else that she wrote, completely different.

Now ask yourselves, if this were to occur, would you and the rest of your liberal kind be screaming "Injustice!" toward black people? Would you be screaming racism and racial intolerance?

I dare say you would, because with all of you, ALL OF YOU, the door swings only ONE WAY. Hypocrites!

yeah right , i would be soooo angry with that , because i never had my share of stories about blacks who use there heritage of slavery has a weapon.
And whats you obsession with liberals?You seem to like to dub people that dont agree with you has liberals

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join