It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black National Anthem?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

Everyone who was involved was at fault. Whites bought blacks didn't they?

-J. Hill

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

And my point about biases affecting judgement........You and Jhill, man, simply....wow! You know, this is pointless. I just see people such as yourself as missing the implications, whatever.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If blacks want to hate someone , hate potugal and spain whe were the ones who started slavery. :p

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of a couple PODcasts that were made... back in the day. We used to laugh about this kind of thing... Things were ... lighter, just a couple years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

I am not defending her in anyway. But, when misinformation is spilled, I will be there. What she did was wrong. When people say this song should not be a black national anthem or turns this into a race issue, that's when it gets out of hand.

You took it as I was calling you racist, and I didn't even see your posts, that's a WOW.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

We don't hate anyone. I, myself, my whole family, and beyond that, don't blame anyone for our problems or downfalls.

Actually, those people are far and few.

I don't support Rev. Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, they don't fit the average black persons views.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I don't really see how someone singing 'your' anthem in another language can be disrespectful.
You guys have done that yourselves by playing bully boy with the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

i was just kiding , but there are some few that still use it has a "weapon" , and think that every white is after them.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

And if a white man stood up and replaced the lyrics to the national anthem with 'Imagine' by John Lennon, I'd be saying the same thing.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You know I dont post here much as the flaming gets out of control in no time but what I havnt seen anyone say is this:

By definition, this woman commited an act of racism to further her own as of yet unknown agenda period. She seems an intelligent woman as she conspired with others(her husband etc)to commit a racist act ie singing a song about race.
Im sure her intentions were good(...how can we really know?)but she succeded in doing two things:

ffend the HELL out of most ppl present

2:come out in the national spotlight as a racist by singing whether you like it or not-a song about race ie RACIST!

Yea Im white and an American and you know what? I honestly feel I dont have a biggoted bone in my body and yes Im pretty offended by her act as I am VERY offended by any act of racism no matter who says it about whoever. Racism is just a LOW way of thinking.

I still dont see how this incident has anything to do with BHO.

Thank you....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
www.breitbart.tv...

Whow!

What the ???

Have you ever seen something so disgraceful...

I mean, this just goes to show how much the Dems realy have no idea whats going on.

This clown geets up there, and disgraces OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM...

what a peice of garbage.

WHo knows, mabye this is her big break, and she'll go on tour with BHO, and when BHO wins, mabye he will change our countrys anthem to what ever this little peoce of garbage just sang.

The Star Spangled Banner was written in 1814 and was later adopted as our National Anthem. Freedom means a lot of things, if someone was inspired to sing something more meaningful to them...so what?

What that woman did is a greater act of freedom as opposed to just singing what everyone wants you to sing.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
But Tkain said in his very first post

Who knows, maybe this is her big break, and she'll go on tour with BHO, and when BHO wins, mabye he will change our countrys anthem to what ever this little piece of garbage just sang.

As i already explained, that was 1/2 sarcasim, 1/2 perdiction... A lot of time i mkae sarcastic jabs at people, sometimes, to my astonishment, people dont get the sarcasim, and in even stranger cases, the idea i was joking about, gets turning into truth...

It VERY clear what this woman did, WAS DISGRACE to this country, a mocking of our anthem, and a great example of the sad state of affirs in our country today.

There are groups within our country, who wish to destroy this country, who are ashamed to be American... and a good amount of BHO's associates, fall into that catagory... i mean, Obama is buddy-buddy with KNOWN terrorists...

Now to adrees everything people have said to me, or about this thread...

does anyone think for a second this would even be a story if Obama wasn't a candidate?
Yes, why wouldn't it be? There was equal outrage when a bunch of Mexicans massacured our National Anthem... So that comment is pointless, and implies that you think we should just ignore this...

Someone commented on my bad spelling, and my mauling of the english language... sory, me know spel god.

Also, there have been nemeruos posts from people in Great Britain, and Portugal, and otheres, saying somehting to the effect of, "Oh who cares, its just the national anthem...you stuipid patriots".

Your right, it is just a song, our song, our nations song. Here in america, we pride ourselfs, being under one flag, from sea to shining sea.

Now i understand how partiotism isnt popular in places like Great Britian, you have been ruled by a monarchy for a long period. You people have minimal rights, and your biggest city has been aptly named Londonstan. Mabye having a splintered nation, split upon racial divides suits Great Britian, were tradionaly, the Scots, Welsh, and English all share the same ground... imagine if the mulesm population came out with thier own veriosn of "Allah save the queen", would all of great Britian be fine? ok, bad question, since there is no england anymore, they probaly would be fine with it.

America is a unique country, the first of its kind, and now the oldest of its kind.

I understand musicians are a strange creature, and they do what they want, there are HUNDREDS of diffrent versions of our national anthem, and while those songs changed the speed of the lyrics, or mabye the entire intruments, they lyrics stay the same, and the SONG is still our national anthem...

Its true, even i don't like the national anthem that much, its not a great song, not even written by an american... but it is what it is... Now, Ray Chareles, America the Beautiful ... that would be my choice for our national anthem... Written by a pure American, and a beautiful song, that EVERYONE can sing...

We have realy lost sense of the issue here.

Heres what happen:

A woman was hired to sing the national anthem
Instead, she came and performed a song known widely as the Black National anthem
The people in the room stood by dumbstruck, no one moved

Thats a rundown of WHAT happen, after that, is where we have our fun.

What were her movitves?
What is the Black Nation?
Is this woman realy this dumb, to think she can subsitute any song for the nat'l anthem
Who is this womans hairdresser, Mike Tyson? I mean, yuk, disgusting look... The shaved comb over... i mean, if anyone wants to explain that look to me, please do...

Also, poeple, quit getting all steamy,"Oh, you called it the black national anthem, its real name is something else!"

So, the national anthem is known as the National Anthem, and rarely used the songs proper name, the Star Spangeled Banner... This song is known as the "Black National Anthem", thats what it is, its not OFFIcALy named that, but, it is what it is... and you can choose to accept that, or just keep fighting it...

Someone brought up Juan McCain... im not worried about him talking about white america... in fact, im more worried that he will just stand up, put a sombero on, and start singing 'La-cocaracha', and eating tacos...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Sry, i didnt make this clear, this was a CIty Meeting... BUT a VERY BLUE city, and orginized by hardcore libs.

Once she started into this massicure of our anthem, they should have pulled the plug on her. Or someone should have said, "Hey Moron, thats not the anthem of the United States!"

Tell this 'thing' that she lives in the Untied States of America, and we have ONE national anthem, there is no "Black America", and inventing an anthem for an invented nation doesnt fly either...

My mentions of Obama, was half-way saterical, and half-way serioues...

I havent seen ANYTHING to make me belive that Obama or Obama wife, or ANY of Obamas friends do not disagree with this. ALL comments coming from them indicate taht they belive there is a split in America, thus, wouldn't this 'version' of the national anthem be appropiate for Obama?

Is everyone on here completely ignorant? America is a MELTING POT of cultures. No one here is truly "American" lest they be Native Americans, it is aggravating to read these posts. Especially when your Forefathers fought for their freedom but slaughtered Native Americans in the process.

A person living in America is perfectly entitled to sing their own version of the National Anthem, its called FREEDOM get used to it.

All of you sound like a bunch of Southern slave owners. "I'm white, and I hate foreigners, and don't you dare change the words to the National Anthem, cause freedom is about not expressing yerself, and just doin' what the majority wants..."

Americans are stilll so bloody ignorant. And if anyone tells me "well if you don't like then leave..."

I don't have to because the Constitution protects my opinion and that woman's right to say/sing what we like.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

whatever happen to patriotism...??????

A black anthem???

maybe we need a Mexican one as well....why not?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

What is the Black Nation?

Where did you get the black nation from?

An anthem is a song of celebration.

Let's break it down again.

Black - Black people
National - Across the Country
Anthem - A song of celebration

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
worry not fellow americans,he's doing everything his bosses have programmed him 2 do. from your fellow african american.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Obamas wife, Obamas mentors, Obamas Pastors, and Obama himself ALL make mentions of "Black America"

So here is the anthem of the "nation" they talk about.

how is that not related?

I was just as mad when the ignorent Mexicans defaced the national anthem, by replaceing the words with some spanish garbage.

I would be the same mad if:
A muslem anthem to our national anthem
An Irish anthem to our national anthem
A cuban anthem to our national anthem
A german anthem to our national anthem

ANY of them sould be treated the same, they are DEFACING our nation, BY MOCKING our national anthem.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by TKainZero]

America is a melting pot Einstein, if a certain ethnic/religious group wanted to make their own version of the anthem so what? That is the point of freedom.

And then you sitting here getting all bent out of shape about is ridiculous. This thread has inspired me to write my own version of the National Anthem, and if I ever get the chance to sing it, you had better believe I will. Do you know why? Because I am American, and I also love this Country, and i like anyone else have the right to express myself.

You are the epitome of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

WHo knows, mabye this is her big break, and she'll go on tour with BHO, and when BHO wins, mabye he will change our countrys anthem to what ever this little peoce of garbage just sang.

Why is it you would rather "defend ignorance" Tkain????

You are pretty much suggesting that every time ANY black person does something it's "Obama's fault".
Did you not even watch the video before blabbering on and on about how evil they are ???
She said only her, her husband, and one other person had prior knowledge this would happen. I don't see the tie in there.

Edit to add:

Oh who cares, its just the national anthem...you stuipid patriots

SINGING A SONG DOES NOT MAKE YOU A PATRIOT.

Every time you post you sound a little dumber. Keep it up!

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjetbone
reply to post by jitombe

Black people seem to forget that they came to the U.S. as slaves mostly because other black people sold them off as slaves back in Africa.

its not forgotten its the way peaople choose to remember..... easier to blame someone else instead of urself.

Ah, I get it. You are saying that modern black people have to blame themselves for their ancestors selling their ancestors to our ancestors.

Makes sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
I think it is disrespectful what she did...if she did this in my fathers country (Iran) she would have been stoned to death...

I am Iranian and served in the US Marines after high school and I am very proud of our national anthem, this version has no place being used instead of our original one.

It makes me
, but then again I am not a pacafist liberal excepting of all things...

This isn't Iran.

Freedom is expressed in different ways, that is why this woman hasn't been stoned.

Stop being ignorant.

That woman is protected by the Constitution, men died so that we can sing what we want. They didn't die so that people could tell you what to sing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join