It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ready to strike at Israel's nuclear heart

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If Iran struck at Israel first, my concern wouldn't be over if there was any part of Iran not at one million degrees in a counterstrike, it would be if Israel had a beef with anyone else and decided they had a few extra nukes. Things could escalate. Can't we all just get along? Maybe I need those one million sunblock sunglasses.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If it does happen it is very likely that it will come completely out of the blue.
It will happen so suddenly that we wont even have time to discuss it before the first missles are fired.
So it could be on a slow news day when we are watching t.v. reports about the scourge of over fishing or the latest movie comming out of hollywood when suddenly the program changes to a special breaking report sayng that a strike has occured from israel or iran.
When it happens we wont expect it, it will be sudden and scary and there will be little time to for talkss and peace negotiations.
One moment you will be making a cup of coffee and the next you will be watching the middle east going to war.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I like how all people are doing their "scare tacs" in here, first off Iran won´t attack israel it will be the other way around if it happens, since the only part in this dispute who are eager to bomb the # out off another country is israel, and they won´t nuke any other country either since its not smart to "# in your own nest" and they don´t have the "nwo" backup for it.

And people saying Iranian president is unpopular you better educate your self better, since its becomming transparent that israel public is leaning more and more towards a peaceful solution.

You really think that the israelian people will be able to live in an area where nukes will go off, from either one or anothers hand?

Best regards

Loke

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
You really think that the israelian people will be able to live in an area where nukes will go off, from either one or anothers hand?

What about the Palestinians? Won't they be so grateful that the Iranians Nuked Israel.......oh wait, the Iranians will also be nuking the Palestinians too. So much for them being on the Palestinian's side.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

what about the 30,000 jews living in iran? won`t they be so grateful israel nuked iran , oh wait - israel will be nuking iranians too. so much for them being on the jews side...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Israel is justified in a preempive strike... A tiny country sorounded by a billion enemys.. come on... I back any military action Israel decideds to take...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm bored of reading the script. Can we just play out the last chapter and get it over with? I'm just looking looking forward to drinks and snacks at the after-show party

No "side" is blameless here - they're all as bad as each other. Iran, US, Israel, UN......all guilty. Why is the human race capable of so many amazing things (technology, engineering, architecture, space exploration, etc) but unable to avoid blowing each other to bits? A mentally retarded chicken could have seen this situation play out - so why are WE still here.......on the brink again.....pointing fingers......unable to stop?

Alright, one more time then I suppose. But I'm going to have to insist we try harder to avoid this kind of behavior in the future, OK?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Now how could Iran destroy Israel's Nuclear arsenal when everyone know they officially don't have one. Israel is a peace-loving country with nothing to hide.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Curio, I think it's unfair to tar all of humanity with the same brush. The majority of humans are decent. Unfortunately we always seem to end up with the same hypocritical, self deluded, wankers in power. Why that is, is anyone's guess. These self deluded insane people just seem to crave power for some reason, probably because on some level, they are just so insecure.

As for Iran, they have done nothing wrong and if attacked, have every right to defend themselves. Anyone who thinks it's ok to launch a pre-emptive strike on another country with nuclear weapons is truly insane and is well overdue for a padded cell and strait jacket.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

This is already pre-determined in my mind!

All Wars are! It's gonna happen just a matter of when!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

That's about the jist of it.

We call Iran "Evil", we tack a million negative labels on them, and we have taken all kinds of aggresive postures toward them. It is not a shock to me that they are ready to defend themselves. The threats from here and israel have really crossed the line and I think at this point they are pretty agitated as well as aware that they need to be ready to defend themselves.

Something tells me this is going to be very bad.
Especially if there is a Russian or even a Chinese response.
I know russia will not tolerate the US parked in their backyard.

I just think that this is going to get very ugly.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Nice Try.
en.wikipedia.org...

There are about 10,000 Jewish Persians in Iran. The Largest group of Persian Jews in the world is in Israel (75,000) with the U.S. with the second largest (45,000). They have been leaving Iran since 1948 at least.

The point I was making is that should Iran attack Israel it will be also attacking the Palestinians, Iran proclaims to champion the plight of the Palestinians. The Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank number around 6-7 Million.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is already pre-determined in my mind!

All Wars are! It's gonna happen just a matter of when!

]

Along lines of Gog, Magog, Temple already built scenario......?

I agree.....Thanks

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

your very own link contradicts itself by firstly saying

According to The world Jewish Library, about 10,000 Jews remain in Iran, mostly in Tehran, Isfahan (3,000), and Shiraz. BBC reported Yazd is home to ten Jewish families, six of them related by marriage, however some estimate the number is much higher. Historically, Jews maintained a presence in many more Iranian cities. Iran supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country.[2]

and yet further down the very same page;

In mid- and late 1980s, the Jewish population of Iran was estimated at 20,000–30,000. The reports put the figure at around 35,000 in mid-1990s[28] and at less than 40,000 nowadays, with around 25,000 residing in Tehran. However, Iran's Jewish community still remains the largest among the Muslim countries.[29]

and even

Iran's Jewish community is officially recognized as a religious minority group by the government, and, like the Zoroastrians, they are allocated one seat in the Iranian Parliament. Maurice Motamed has been the Jewish MP since 2000, and was re-elected again in 2004. In 2000, former Jewish MP Manuchehr Eliasi estimated that at that time there were still 30,000–35,000 Jews in Iran, other sources put the figure as low as 20,000–25,000.[34]

so really the figures do vary - with israel sources giving the least

but i digress -as i understand the point you were making and likewise so am i - Tehran has a large jewish population and israel has little disregard in its own rhetoric for them.

oh how ironic , jews killing jews by the thousand.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has not learned from the example of what happend to Sadaam.

His boasting and braggng of Irans military superiority are only going to cause Israel and the West to eventually call his bluff.

It’s interesting that the US and many of it’s allies still follow the expression, “Walk softly and carry a Big Stick”, while for many Arab nations, it is just the opposite, “Lots of powerful, boastful speech but little to back it up.”

This is going to lead to their downfall.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
the small and minor difference is that iran has 100+ TEL`s where iraq didn`t - and iran has the ability to seriously damage dimona , again something iraq never had.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Right on Harlequin, more reason to eliminate Iran and the Iranian threat. Remember that Take That song 'It only takes a Minute Girl.'

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I understood your point as well. Yes there are Jews in Iran, the most of any Middle Eastern Country other than Israel. An attack on Israel by Iran would cause considerable Palestinian deaths as well.

Should Iran ever attack Dimova, it would not stop Israel's ability to respond with all means necessary, if you know what I mean. That should serve as a good enough detterent to not try it in the first place. I don't think anyone here doubts the reach Israel has, they can strike anywhere they choose. The bombing of the Syrian plant was twofold, not only did they take out the plant, but they gained very useful tactical data on the Russian's newest Radar systems and exploited them. The Syrians didn't know what was really happening till it was almost over. Iran has the same Radar systems.

All that being said, Iran could make almost all of the tension go away if it truly were interested in the peaceful use of nuclear technology. All the proposals offered by the West would be a greater benefit to Iran than the path Iran is currently taking. It's either going to be the carrot or the stick and the Iranians don't seem to like carrots.

I would expect this situation to be resolved one way or the other in the next 18 months max, with probably a much smaller time window. Iran is playing the waiting game North Korea used, problem is Israel won't wait that long.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Isarel does not have to live with a nuke Iran (the main pillar within The Axis of Evil). USA and UK have no interest in a nuke Iran. Therefore it's so god damned simple.................. If Iran continues on its path to destruction then its elimination by the powers that be is guaranteed. You do not piss off the USA, Israel and the UK at the same time and expect to get away with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

go away neo-con , i have no time for war mongers who want to fight for no reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join