It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ready to strike at Israel's nuclear heart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Iran ready to strike at Israel's nuclear heart

www.timesonline.co.uk

Iran has moved ballistic missiles into launch positions, with Israel’s Dimona nuclear plant among the possible targets, defence sources said last week.

The movement of Shahab-3B missiles, which have an estimated range of more than 1,250 miles, followed a large-scale exercise earlier this month in which the Israeli air force flew en masse over the Mediterranean in an apparent rehearsal for a threatened attack on Iran’s nuclear installations. Israel believes Iran’s nuclear programme is aimed
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israelis 'rehearse Iran attack'
Iran Can Target Missiles at US and Europe
U.S. escalating covert operations against Iran

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
While Israel continues to flex it's millitary muscle and beatting the war drum over Iran, they may indeed get what they want.

One can debate all they want whether or not Iran has a "bomb". But an ever present fact remains that most if not all of the hard line extremists. And there is millions of them. would gladly martyr themselves to see the destruction of Isreal.

Yes this is probably a response to the Israeli's rehearsing a strike on Iran. But I am starting to get the feeling that Iran is done messing around with Israel. IMO all it would take is a little bit of provoking from Israel and well... here we go.
Also in the news today was this article

Iran is to dig 320,000 graves in border districts to allow for the burial of enemy soldiers in the event of any attack on its territory, a top commander said on Sunday. "In implementation of the Geneva Conventions... the necessary measures are being taken to provide for the burial of enemy soldiers," the Mehr news agency quoted General Mir-Faisal Bagherzadeh as saying.
Source

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-6-2008 by highfreq]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Irrrespective of how one feels about the political snarls and cultural problems in the area, I think you've basically summed up where things stand at the moment. Nobody flinch, just back away slowly. Nothing to see her folks. Go on about your business, and don't forget the duct tape.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
History has shown on numerous occasions that unpopular leaders will start wars in order to justify their positions. The Iranian President is no different, as ATS members have highlighted; our little Iranian friend is far from popular in Iran. His economic policy has ruined the nation and the youth, who are reformists, object to his radical conservative stance.

If Iran is under the impression Israel is going to strike first, then the Iranians will draw first blood. If Israel has nuclears weapons, Iran will have to destroy them first (be pretty hard to locate them).

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I really hope someone decides to pull the first trigger, because this is getting lame and I'm tired of all this superficial drama. If they want to get on with it, then get on with it!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

The issue with Iran and Israel has become such an issue and proponant of propoganda on both sides that it's hard not to ignore the situation. The scale of death is set in a very delicate ballance right now, and neither side is showing any signs of backing down.

To speculate at the moment one could say this would be a perfect time for a false flag to be thrown up by either side in order to ensue mass chaos and inevidably a fire ball set ablaze in the Middle East and most likely the begining of WWIII.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

If Israel has nuclears weapons, Iran will have to destroy them first (be pretty hard to locate them).

True but I would be willing to bet on speculation that they might have a some sort of inteligence regarding the where abouts of some of there arsenal. From the article they believe they are made in Dimona.

The sources said Iran was preparing to retaliate for any onslaught by firing missiles at Dimona, where Israel’s own nuclear weapons are believed to be made.
Source

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Let us be blunt for a second. We'll all be dragged into this conflict. The major powers in this World all link back to one of these nations. It will get ugly and get ugly quick.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
if all the reports are true - then dimona is where the warheads are stored , 5 levels under ground

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes, the Iranians have a decent level of intelligence and could probably locate the nuclear arsenal. But the question is, do they have the ability to destroy them? As Harlequin said, these warheads are underground.

The only way Iran could destroy them is if China or Russia sold them the weapons to do it. Which would upset the Americans.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The missile iran would use has the targetting ability and could use a penetrator type warhead - its how i would , ripple fire them to land sequentially each digging deeper after the other.

that and they would hit the reactor as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Let us be blunt for a second. We'll all be dragged into this conflict. The major powers in this World all link back to one of these nations. It will get ugly and get ugly quick.

Agreed. However neutral all the country's of the world may say they stand, sooner or latter the effects of a Iran/Israel conflict will draw them in. Whether or not one subscribes to the notion of a NWO and the powers that be.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It would really be somethng if iran launched a pre-emptive strike on Isreal. Tell the media the same propaganda that is being used by Isreal and the US about nuclear proliferation in the region.

It would be very interesting to see the results. Of course Isreal and the US would be mad as hell. Would we respond or would Isreal even respond, that would make for an interesting discussion.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i do think Iran won`t fire first , they want to get the `support` of the arab world , which would mean being hit by israel then reacting in a measured way - thats how they dealt with Iraq , even after Iraq used chem bombs they used superior tactics to drive them out.

also consider the saudi`s - they also have IRBM`s , with , and i honestly believe this , chinese purchased nuclear warheads.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Agree with both of you. We are already dragged into it to a large extent. It's like the whole world is watching the area, waiting for who starts the big birds flying. I kinda think it might be Iran's way to start something that can't be proving as having orginated from Iran, for the purpose of acheiving casualties and not engaging ALL retaliatory responses. Hell, I think that's what they're doing now. I've pondered this all quite a bit. Prayed upon the ideas, meditated. I don't see a solution, or at least one that is currently acceptable to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The only way Iran could destroy them is if China or Russia sold them the weapons to do it. Which would upset the Americans.
I seriously doubt Russia or China cares about upseting the U.S . They know what condition our economy and millitary is in. China alone could send the U.S into economic meltdown if they wanted to strike at us. And lets not forget that Russia and China are chums with Iran.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Smart words

An Iranian first strike will probably split and divide the Arab World. If they are attacked, or make Israel throw the first punch, there is a chance many Arab nations rallying behind Iran as the poor victim.

The Saudi's are an interesting bunch of people. Officially, the bomb is not in their hands, but have recently brought weapons off China and Pakistan - which are capable of delivering the bomb.

It is still under review whether or not the Saudi government requires the nuclear bomb. Government said it would like to in order to "protect" themselves.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Agreed, cannot fault your words
but a war in the Middle East is in no ones interest at the moment. It would lead to World War III and I think nuclear weapons would be used.

If Israel felt its borders were at risk, she would use her nuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Historically the persian`s and the arab`s are not exactly the best of friends , and the gulf between the ideologies (suuni and shi`ite) just broadens that gap - BUT neither country really likes Israel , and within all this rhetoric is a real game of brinksmanship ; i do fear though, some fanatic within israel will just think `to hell with them` and glass Tehran - and thus pandora`s box will be emptied for all to see as we all go riding straight to hell

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Israel supposedly has a nuclear armed sub or two. Should Iran attack Dimova, they will unleash a most unpleasant surprise on Iran.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join