It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ready to strike at Israel's nuclear heart

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I think that's about the most frank way I've heard it put. Let there be no green glass sheets to reflect the sun. It feels to me like an out-of-control escalation. I hope to look back upon this time 20-30 years from now and say, "whew, I was scared for the world back then." Does hope matter? I don't know. I seem to have a lot of it laying around.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

If Israel has nuclear weapons (according to foreign media and stuff
) it will be used only if its existence will be threatened. Not borders.
But of course as Harlequin has wisely pointed out - it takes a one (probably more but also could happen) madman to escalate it into something it never should become.
I am very worried that if the issue will not be solved diplomatically every side will loose. However i am not sure that it will evolve into WW3. Maybe in the worst "worst case" scenario , according to great strategist that i am

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

There is a book written by the current Israeli Presiden Peres called "The New Middle East". It is a very good read. In the book, he admits that Israel raced to get the bomb in order to protect and maintain the existence of a Jewish State. That is why Israel refuses to discuss how many nuclear weapons she holds.

Think about it, with that kinda dogma, Israel would not hesitate to use nuclear weapons. And to be fair, Iran probably does have the bomb. North Korea refused to disclose any information on exporting nuclear technology.

If the Iranian republic did not hold such a weapon it would not be so public in shouting "bring it on" to Israel.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Excellent point. have a star

Israeli and American officials have admitted collaborating to deploy US-supplied Harpoon cruise missiles armed with nuclear warheads in Israel's fleet of Dolphin-class submarines, giving the Middle East's only nuclear power the ability to strike at any of its Arab neighbours.

Source

Israel has operated three modern German-built Dolphin-class submarines[24] since 1999. Various reports indicate that these submarines are equipped with American-made Harpoon missiles modified to carry small nuclear warheads[25] and/or, and more possible[26], medium range (1500-2400km) larger Israeli-made "Popeye Turbo" cruise missiles, originally developed by Israel for air-to-ground strike capability.[27][28

Source

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
History has shown on numerous occasions that unpopular leaders will start wars in order to justify their positions. The Iranian President is no different, as ATS members have highlighted; our little Iranian friend is far from popular in Iran. His economic policy has ruined the nation and the youth, who are reformists, object to his radical conservative stance.

If Iran is under the impression Israel is going to strike first, then the Iranians will draw first blood. If Israel has nuclears weapons, Iran will have to destroy them first (be pretty hard to locate them).

The Iranian President?

What about Israel? This latest move by Iran is obviously a move they must take given the Israeli war games that just occurred.

I'm not on anyone's side here, and no one is justified more than the other in my opinion, but to provoke an enemy and claim the enemy started the war is nothing more than revisionist history.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Iran won't strike first. If they do USA air power will strike fast and hard at night. Over and over again. Repeat, rense, repeat.

Iran will cease to have any effective military when USA is through.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Israel is known to possess mobile submarine based nukes - their land based nukes would be spread far and wide.

Iran would no doubt have the sunburner missile and may well have other Russian / Chinese tech. There is an extremely vested interest from China and India in the resources provided by Iran - an attack on this country would be seen a direct assault on the future well being of these emerging powers and they would respond with tech / diplomatic assistance.

The vested interest of the US lies more in bankrupting the economy to roll over government into a corporate system - this would be acheived through massive oil spikes, food shortages etc. This is THE number one issue behind NWO - global government is not what you think - it is a transfer of power not to uber elite but to corporate interests. Capitalism to run the world - has been publicly stated on numerous occasions.

Hence the strike on Iran can occur - spiking oil - retaliation from China / India / Russia is averted through withdrawl - US / UK resorts to corporate agenda to bail out financially crippled governments.

Thanks for coming and have a nice day - now you know.

P.s.

Isael will use it as an excuse to once and for all stamp its authority on the region and will deploy a nuclear weapon if Iran strikes with long range missiles - this will end the confrontation - and force and end to the regional stand off.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Cannot believe we are cooly debating the eruption of nuclear war..., strangely
enough I was in Bagdad the night that the israelis bombed the nuclear reactor
there, before Saddam's boys could put it into operation, I always thought
it was something I was meant to witness because this is where Armageddon
is said to begin, maybe the time has come to seek shelter from the storm.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is so similar to how things were for all of us as children.

Push a kid enough, and eventually he will push back.

Israel has been pressuring Iran with threats of bombing runs, invasions, strikes etc... is it really a surprise to see Iran getting ready for a fight?

Unfortunately, neither Israel or the US will tell us why they want their war...
but they're certainly not going to stop trying to get it.

It's certainly not Iran thats pushing for the war, all their statements have been defensive ultimatums like "If you attack us, you'll regret it."
Essentially a "you don't want a war" message.

Israel and the US however are constantly making statements that can be summed up as "were coming to get you", and "as soon as we make up an excuse, we're going to bomb you. Just like Iraq."

It's not that I won't support a war thats justified... but I haven't heard a single justification... all I've heard are excuses.

"Blah blah, they have a potential to be bad." Well, I'm sorry, but so does the rest of the world, gonna nuke us while your at it? Then shut the heck up.

The lack of explanation tells me that whatever the actual reason for war is, it is being hidden from us because we would likely revolt over it.

Seriously, if we don't know why they want a war with Iran... then how are we supposed to trust them?
How do I know it won't be my country they're planning to bomb next?

This alleged war on terrorism is too dangerous to allow to continue. They're not attacking terrorists... they're attacking countries!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

If Iran is under the impression Israel is going to strike first, then the Iranians will draw first blood. If Israel has nuclears weapons, Iran will have to destroy them first (be pretty hard to locate them).

That is impossible to do. This is the beauty of the Israeli nuclear defense policy.

They have submarines out at sea at all times, 4 of them I believe, which are armed and ready to go with nuclear ICBMs. The defense policy states that in the event of an attack on Israel of a nuclear nature which destroys the entire land-based military capability (destroys the entire country), retaliatory strikes should take place via the nuclear submarines, which are on stand by 24/7, even during the Shabbat (Jewish Sabbath day). Heheh..

So even if Iran wipes them off the map, theyll still nuke the crap out of Iran via the submarine arsenal, an eye for an eye if you will. You cannot destroy Israel without being destroyed yourself. Much in the nature of the U.S. and Soviet, now Russian nuclear missile policies if you think about it, mutually assured destruction comes to mind..

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalsurfer

Cannot believe we are cooly debating the eruption of nuclear war...,

Ya I kinda understand where you are coming from. We as a populace have become so desensitized to the looming threat of a nuclear holocaust that it has become a popular topic of discussion by the media as well as forums like ATS.
However, these are perilous times and if ever there was a threrat of all out nuclear war, I believe it is safe to say all the right cards are out on the table.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This may be more Middle East Cold War posturing by the ME "superpowers", and propaganda is always ready to fly over there, but the OP brings up a good point. The possibility of ESCALATION is looming over every game these 2 adversaries play.

Hypothetically: Iran launches and destroys Dimona. Israel then arms up for a counterstrike but demands the UN reign in Iran. Israel may even give a timetable for Iran. The UN does little and Israel counterattacks, probably within 24 hours, and does heavy non-nuclear damage. Iran now counters, both in the UN and the ME. Iran suffers worse than Israel and cries "pity us".

Seeing how Russian and Chinese interests in Iran are now threatened, will they stay out?
With Chinese military interests aimed in the ME, will Pakistan and India stay out of their "feud" over the Kashmir region? Or will they heat up?
Seeing all this, how long will America, Liberal or Conservative, stay out of the ME conflict?

I can clearly see an escalation and clearly volunteer for the front.

Why? Because I want to get the MAD death over with instead of suffering with post-MAD life like survivalists. (Can they survive a poisoned Earth for 250,000 years?!)

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Fact: As of 1999 from unclassified documents Israel has 450 nuclear warheads. Unknown is the composition fission (atomic) or fusion (thermonuclear).

Fact: Israel has its' own delivery systems to include, ALBMs, LLBMs and since they've got 2 plus subs capable of SLBM's it's assumed they've the missiles that go with them.

Fact: They've got one of the most highly trained and effective air forces in the world with modern planes. Given a short war whoever is the enemy is the loser.

Fact: A preemptive attack by Israel against Iran without the consent of the US, Russia, China, the European Union and other Arab states would most likely start WWW III and that would end civilization as we know it. It would shatter the industrial base as we know it and perhaps trigger a nuclear winter. To many unknowns.

Why don't you think this hasn't happened yet. As a species we're aggressive but not totally suicidal.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, if we are allowed to mass munitions against Irans 'up and coming nuclear programme ' it makes sense that they can deploy to take down Israel's well known nuclear weapons.

afterall, we're going to hit Iran because they have a nuclear programme that will destabilise the middle east.

Why cant Iran hit Israel because they HAVE nuclear weapons and ARE destabilising the middle east?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Iran can TRY to take out Israel and it's nuclear weapons. However it must be prepared to pay the price should they not entirely succeed.

Israel would be mightly PO'ed then, I wouldn't want to mess with them. But hey, maybe the Iranians are more headstrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think that the US and the Israelis would see it coming long before it happened. The fact we are even discussing it says that the intelligence agencies have been on top of it for a lot lnge than we have been.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Iran don't have to destroy a single nuke . If i were them i would target the way to get to the nukes/launch them . If you cant use it . It isn't gonna be much threat is it ?
If they target right . It will be 10 years till they dig them back out ..

[edit on 29-6-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The more things change, the more they stay the same:

Matthew 24:6 - "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."

Mark 13:7 - "And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet."

The more the world tries to shake things up .......the more of the same just keeps unfolding.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."

Blah, Blah, Terrorist, Blah, Blah, Fear, Blah, Blah, War Blah, Blah, Police State, Blah, Blah, Astroid Hitting Earth, UN, European Union, Amero, Aliens posing for pictures in bushes, implants, Americans in underground bases being fed on by aliens, moon bases, contrails in the skies, poisoning water and food supplies by flourine and a myriad of other forms of toxic waste, ufos, Illuminati, corrupt politicians, international bankers with insatiable greed, time travel, hoaxers of all of the above, video games that train our children to kill, those same children now in other countries actually killing, lies to us about stable economies when the plan and proof suggests otherwise, people who have been torchered by aliens who never even existed and this stupid little "age of enlightenment" apparently ascending to another level of human understanding ( [:>\ Whatever THAT means, are we to jump out of our bodies into another realm and be more intelligent all of the sudden, simply because, once again, we wait on someone to deliver this to us? That's what got us in trouble in the first place I FOLLOW NO MAN ANYWHERE)..........please shut the H3LL up. It's already bad enough but without any proof of anything such as in this case, where this addition to ATS should have not been added until about 10-20 years from now. I am so tired of worthless crap on here not being backed up with anything. Why don't I leave? Because I shouldn't have too. In many cases I was here first and I want pure info. or as pure as possible. So, to all of you dungeons and dragons, make-believe, fantasy fairies making up crap just to get a response. You leave and go make a forum for people who don't care about reality. ATSers want the facts not postulations or rumors. beat it!

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Phenomium]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Phenomium]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I hope they both nuke each other that way we won't have to hear about them because they would all be dead.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Israel doesn`t have any `boomers` - the dolphin class is a diesel patrol boat , which can launch various weapons from the 533mm tubes , and is also reported to have 650mm tubes - and the ability (apparantly) to launch the popeye turbo , SLCM.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join