It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ready to strike at Israel's nuclear heart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Iran is the main pillar within The Axis of Evil. It has made one big mistake, it's pissed off the UK, the USA and Israel all at the same time. You call me NWO? I call you the spanner in the works..................................

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

oh yes i know what you mean - but if anyone has any sense then

That should serve as a good enough detterent to not try it in the first place

far from it - israel now knows that iran will hit a running reactor - possibly radiating israel itself , a dangerous game to play.

syrian plant - erm , the IAEA are at the site , and guess what - they can`t find anything at all - so , we have an attack on a sovereign nation - with no evidence other than the word of 1 country and nothing on the ground; and you say iran are the `bad guys`?

if you check planeman`s thread about syria - you will otice that the part of teh country attacked had no radar coverage and no air defence , so tactical information is no existant - just an act of terrorism by israel against another country.

All that being said, Iran could make almost all of the tension go away if it truly were interested in the peaceful use of nuclear technology. All the proposals offered by the West would be a greater benefit to Iran than the path Iran is currently taking. It's either going to be the carrot or the stick and the Iranians don't seem to like carrots

sorry but thats rubbish - i would suggest reading what the `proposals` actually are - and any country who has signed the npt would laugh at the suggestions , as quite simply its bollocks. They are quite within there right to persue this technology and will announce , about 10 minutes before israel declare war - that the *cant be used for weapons at all* Light pressure water reactor at bushehr is fully operational.

remember israel has never signed the npt and threatened to kill the IAEA when they went to inspect dimona

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Isarel does not have to live with a nuke Iran (the main pillar within The Axis of Evil). USA and UK have no interest in a nuke Iran. Therefore it's so god damned simple.................. If Iran continues on its path to destruction then its elimination by the powers that be is guaranteed. You do not piss off the USA, Israel and the UK at the same time and expect to get away with it.

First of all, just by you using the term "Axis of Evil" means you probably know nothing about Iran or an "Axis of Evil" other than what you have heard on Fox News. This sounds like the rambling of a schoolyard bully with low self esteem. War is not to be taken lightly. You don't kill millions of people out of spite. Grow up and lift the wool off your eyes.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Azurus]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Azurus

I don't watch "Fox News" sonny. I don't live in the USA I live in the UK. Iran is the main pillar within The Axis of Evil. As a citizen of the UK I can tell you that all of my friends are right behind the US, UK and Israel and dream of the day that Iran as a threat is completely eliminated. One question...... who do you bat for?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh dear...the drums of war beating again. Anyone watched Threads ? WW3 started in the Middle East and Iran was in the thick of it. What are the consequences of Iean and Israel fighting each other? Well it would not last more than a few hours at best. Probably not even an hour. If Iran strikes first, Israel will be glowing green. Within minutes Israel will turn Iran into glass. Millions of innocent people die in addition to the politicains, hardliners etc. But it does not stop there. The fallout would spread right across the Middle East and probably as far as Cyprus, Turkey, India etc. I hope people has stocked up on the Iodine pills.

The environmental consequences would be devastating. We have problems now with oil. If the Middle East is left glowing, oilworkers in future, if the Middle East can be accessed would need NBC suits to work. It would make Chernobayl look like a pinic in comparison.

Be very afraid.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by pavil

syrian plant - erm , the IAEA are at the site , and guess what - they can`t find anything at all - so , we have an attack on a sovereign nation - with no evidence other than the word of 1 country and nothing on the ground; and you say iran are the `bad guys`?

www.dailystar.com.lb... 2&article_id=93530

The site has been bulldozed and a new building errected on the same site. Don't you find that odd? There are no findings from the IAEA as of yet. Let's wait till they analyze what they have found. If it was a fully built reactor of NK origin, they will find abnormal amounts of graphite dust from the cooling pipes all around the site, even with the removal of topsoil. Why didn't the Syrians allow IAEA inspectors immediately after the strikes if the sites were only a unused military building? Why such silence right after the strike? The site has all the markings of a NK designed reactor complex.

I haven't seen planeman's thread but the strike came from out on the Mediterrinian and crossed quite a bit of Lebanon and Syria before heading to Eastern Syria. Syria's modern air defence's didn't work the way they were supposed to, that should alarm Iran as their air defence structure is very similar.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Dimona is where the reactor is located, not where the weapons are stored.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

why didn`t the US show any evidence it had `acquired` to the IAEA (when requested ) till 6 months after the attack? the evidence was requested months before and was simply ignored by both israel and the US.

why such silence? why was there silence from everyone? all parties didn`t say anything likke weeks afterwards

you say it has all the markings of an NK reactor? have you been to NK and seen one? or relying on what you read on wikpedia?

and planeman`s thread overlaid the air defence of syria to the flight path - and they went over the top skipping all of the radar`s - which quite frankly , when your flying out of range of a radar - its rather moot whether it works or not , as it can`t see you anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I don't "bat" for any wars. I'm an American and a patriot, and I don't think Iran is a threat, sorry. Iran has been peaceful for many years. The president of Iran has been quoted out of context many times. Also, it seems as if Israel would be the aggressor, not Iran.

Can you tell me why you think Iran is in the "Axis of Evil" as you say?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I highly doubt Iran would strike Israel, they aren't that stupid are they?
Iran would look like the moon within 12 hours if they made such a move.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Purgatory

maybe read infinite`s thread - similar `we would glass them` comments are addressed there , including the reply - iran would simply block the strait of hormuz.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

why didn`t the US show any evidence it had `acquired` to the IAEA (when requested ) till 6 months after the attack? the evidence was requested months before and was simply ignored by both israel and the US.

Quite probably Israel was trying to get it's "mole" out of Syria. The images were taken inside of the reactor complex.

why such silence? why was there silence from everyone? all parties didn`t say anything likke weeks afterwards

All the more reason to suspect something far more major than a "unused military building" no wait, it first was a Argricultural station according to Syria. The changing story by Syria suggests hiding facts.

you say it has all the markings of an NK reactor? have you been to NK and seen one? or relying on what you read on wikpedia?

No, I use articles I have found with comparison photos of both NK's reactor and the one in Syria. They are almost carbon copies. Don't try to dismiss the evidence as "you just looked at wiki".

and planeman`s thread overlaid the air defence of syria to the flight path - and they went over the top skipping all of the radar`s - which quite frankly , when your flying out of range of a radar - its rather moot whether it works or not , as it can`t see you anyway.

Please post thread link, I looked but didn't find it. The articles I read stated that Israel jammed and confused radar operators with bogus info being relayed to their radar screens. I am sure the Isaelis "split the seams" of Radar coverage as well. Anyway you look at it, Syria botched their whole air defence of the situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

trying to get its mole out of syria.... or they made it up to attack another country without reason - remember the IAEA are there with US persoanel , and believe me , the moment any giger counters or anything would spike it would be on faux news

but hey , they been there nearly 2 weeks and not a word.

ergo - it wasn`t a reactor building.

all the more reason to suspect something? far from it the changing story by syria? how about the changing story from israel. - remember it changed 3 times , and was reported on ATS.

NK reactor - please post a link to the inside of the NK reactor(s) , would make comparison helpful , as in my quick google i can only find exterior shots of a cooling tower blowing up near buildings which bear no resemblance to the syrian building

you do know the most modern air defense system syria has is the 1960`s vintage SA-5 GAMMON? but a moot point,

and syria botched an attack? no its israel being the agressor - again - and wanting to start a war.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

This is too bad. They are digging their own graves, but will have to place more bodies in the holes than just one. I predict Bush will not attack Israel, it will be a war between Iran and Israel, and Iran will glow in the dark.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Believe me. Hmm. Anytime someone says that, I seriously must reconsider my previous belief in that persons statements. Usually, only liars say that, in my experience. Personally, the fact there are US government personell there, bodes deception and lies. They really have no ability to speak the truth, even if it is in their own personal best interest.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purgatory
I highly doubt Iran would strike Israel, they aren't that stupid are they?
Iran would look like the moon within 12 hours if they made such a move.
They will, and they will, real soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

ergo - it wasn`t a reactor building.

NK reactor - please post a link to the inside of the NK reactor(s) , would make comparison helpful , as in my quick google i can only find exterior shots of a cooling tower blowing up near buildings which bear no resemblance to the syrian building

Here you go. You aren't contending that the building was operational were you? It was being built, there was no fuel there yet, the Geiger counters wouldn't find anything. It's the Graphite dust from the cooling tubes that were destroyed that will provide the most telling evidence. The cleanup photos seem to indicate a rush job to remove the debris after the attack. It's pretty obvious that the photo's indicate a Control rod setup for a reactor with cooling systems. Hardly looks like a normal unused military building that's for sure. But you probably dispute the photos as well.

I'm not an expert but it seems like the experts agree that it was a reactor being built. As per IAEA regs, Syria would have had to disclose plans for building it, they did not. Most of the evidence presented seems to suggest Syrian hiding facts of the building and it's construction.

www.journalgazette.net.../20071 024/NEWS04/710240342

www.nytimes.com...www.iht.com...www.time.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
and since when does israel, pakistan and india all bother to tell the IAEA anything

it does seem the NPT is rather a waste of time, since the parties who would be considered `reckless` haven`t signed it or withdrawn and when those have signed it and abide by it , get hampered for being open.

and the photo`s - sadly those you have linked are all of the laaedged syrian (or just a US building site) photo`s - nothing showing an NK one.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Wow

I'm from the UK too and i can tell you all my friends wish America and Israel would # off for once and leave that region alone.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Euroche

according to the cowboys and some euro members
they believe that a majority of us support the US and israeli actions.

Iran has every right to strike back at the heart of Israel if they launch an attack. some just believe that only Israel and a select few countries are allowed to defend them selves and speak to others in a tough tone

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join