It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ready to strike at Israel's nuclear heart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Until Syria withdraws from the NPT it is bound to report any actions it takes. You are comparing apples and oranges when it comes to non signers of the NPT. Maybe not fair, but the treaty is what it is, if they don't like it, then they can withdraw from it.

As to the photo's dig deeper on the sites or Google Syria nuclear reactor photo's. One site had pics of the NK cooling rod setup, they claim the Syrian one was smaller.

Nevertheless, the "alleged" photos clearly show a structure consistent with a nuclear reactor setup. One that Syria did not disclose to the IAEA. If not, then tell me what those photos show? You seem to think the was not a reactor being built there, what was built there then?

Getting way off topic, I apologize.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't get it; enlighten me. When has Israel ever threatened its' neighbors with total annihilation? Since they have the ability right now, and are not using it? They only attack someone like Lebenon when they are getting all kinds of rockets lobbbed at them. Obvious self defense. The Muslims are the ones who have been barking out doom for Israel for generations. And whenever they thought they had a chance to do it, they all got together and tried. So Israel started the Six Day War? Cummon.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's that old yet dangerous Liberal mindset Gregarious - if we have it, they should too.

It just wouldn't be fair for Israel to have Nuclear weapons and not Iran.

Liberals don't take into account though or the fact that Iran has been very threatening to "wipe Israel off the Earth" etc. Threat after threat, but of course these get explained way with "He didn't say that" or "Words were put into his mouth" or "What about Israel raiding Palistine?"? It is always topic deflection, becuase cannot compete with the facts.

Nevermind that Iran is a radical Islamic theocracy hellbent on taking over the ME. It's only fair they have Nukes too!

Nevermind that it makes 12 other countries in the ME so nervous about Iran, that they in turn have laid out plans for Nuclear weapons as well (e.g. Egypt, Saudi Arabia etc.).

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

mad as hell? do you know how many troops we have in the middle east who are going to be annihilated?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Even if that were the case, the Iranians would be killing more Iraqi's than U.S. troops. Plus they would certainly get such a response from the U.S. that no other country ever dares try that again. It truly would be sucide for Iran to do that, hopefully they aren't that stupid.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

as has been proven enough times he never ever said `wipe from the map` that was a false and western translation.

amd what is neo-cons obsession with nuking everything that moves? iran have said if israel attack then running nuclear reactor in Tehran they will attack Dimona.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
I don't get it; enlighten me. When has Israel ever threatened its' neighbors with total annihilation? Since they have the ability right now, and are not using it? They only attack someone like Lebenon when they are getting all kinds of rockets lobbbed at them. Obvious self defense. The Muslims are the ones who have been barking out doom for Israel for generations. And whenever they thought they had a chance to do it, they all got together and tried. So Israel started the Six Day War? Cummon.

Yeah and i would bark to if someone came and stole my country and kept stealing it inch by inch, actually i would defend my country.

Best regards

Loke.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Liberals don't take into account though or the fact that Iran has been very threatening to "wipe Israel off the Earth" etc

But what you are missing is how propaganda falls into all this. If you are an American like me, I'm sure you have heard how the Iranian president said that he wants to "wipe Israel off the map". If this was truly in the context that the media presented it in, it would be a horrendous statement.

On the contrary this is exactly what he said:

"Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from)"

or

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time”.

The words "Israel", "map" and "wipe off" are not in his speech at all. Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that "the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time." No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation—"wipe Israel off the map"—suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations. The notion that Iran can "wipe out" U.S.-backed, nuclear-armed Israel is ludicrous.

I'm not stating that the guy is not a nutcase, because I think he is. I just think many people have the wrong idea of what Iran plans to do. THEY are the ones being threatened, they aren't threatening anyone else. If they want nuclear weapons, it's probably because their nextdoor neighbor already has them.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azurus
"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time”.

Ok, let's try one more time. What did he mean when he said/quoted that statement. Please in your own words.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
that like the regime occupying moscow will disapear and be replaced with government

yes , in the next few lines of that quote he mentioned teh collapse of teh soviet union as a regime vanishing from the page of time

and of course so much violence with that wasn`t there,,,

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Hey Jet relax, there's no way the powers that be are going to let Iran go nuke. Iran will be taken out if it continues on its path, to be frank Iran will be taken out anyway, it's been the thorn in the side of the west for thirty years and its time has come. Then much of the ME will be recolonised, from the Med to the Persian Gulf! Excellent news as independence for this lot came way way way to soon. We must look at civilising them.........

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

you seem to throw alot of heat in these types of topics.
i presume (if) when the attacks begein you will do your duty and be there to fight *cough* axis of evil Iran,

if not that would make you a hypocrite.
that way us people in the UK and US and rest of europe who dont want another war can sit back and relax

here is a few questions

1. do you believe all countries have a right to defend them selves?

2. what makes you believe Iran is Evil?

3. my first question, will you be joining up to fight in Iran

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

A question to you. Would you have embraced Nazi Germany?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

answer the question first

then i will yours

[edit on 2-7-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul
Iran is the main pillar within The Axis of Evil. It will be Iraqified soon.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

So do you think he envisions a Jewish State of Israel still existing in the Middle East after it vanishes from the pages of time?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

you a parot or something?
you just repeated the same thing 4 times in this topic,
if your going to condone the attack on a country

the most you can do is answer the question properly.
insted of trying to dodge the question.

final time feel free to answer the three questions presented to you
come on show your true colors

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would love to see the Persians wipe the ground with Israel's ass. I am so tired of the Jews, the Jews this, the Jews that, we are gods chosen people, blah, blah, blah. Hell if you look at the foundation of the Jewish state it was ALL based on trying to fulfull Bible prophecy. Complete UBER BULL$HIT!!!!

The Persians are tired of being stomped on. I don't blame them for seeking the ultimate equalizer. Where was the US or Israel when the Pakistanians, Indians, etc, etc. got their nukes. Oh, thats right, its ok for some to have the ultimate equalizer but not everyone. Hmmm, sounds like Israel is scared $hitless that it will lose its "might" within the region. With all of the $hit the Israelis have done I say your on your own.

However, I foresee Persia using the Straights of Hormuz as the trump card and completely blowing the area so that tankers cannot get in...

[edit on 2-7-2008 by pityocamptes]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

that was a tiny bit extreme i think....

personally i have no issue at all , at any time , with the followers of judaism

i have an issue with the governement of israel as i believe they are not leading the people in the right direction - but for the followers of judaism , be they israelites or persians , i think what you said is somewhat fanatical.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by pityocamptes

that was a tiny bit extreme i think....

personally i have no issue at all , at any time , with the followers of judaism

i have an issue with the governement of israel as i believe they are not leading the people in the right direction - but for the followers of judaism , be they israelites or persians , i think what you said is somewhat fanatical.

Are you serious??? Religion plays a huge role in how the world nut bags conduct themselves. Have you EVER read Israeli news articles that quote the people and certain upper government officials calling Palistinians "dogs" and that they need to be wiped out? How is that hate any different than what the Jews will use when they cry on the worlds shoulder with regard to the holocaust, which by the way has been shown to be blown out of proportion?

These fanatics are trying to fulfull some worthless book, called the bible, and bring on "Armeggedon". So yea, I do hope that the Israelis get their ass handed to them. You cannot keep pushing people in a certain direction without repercussions. Israel has been behins MANY atrocities... we all get our "come up ins" sooner or later... role the dice too many times and you will get snake eyes. I just pray that they nuts don't take the rest of the world down into their Bible thumping religio crusade...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join