It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Birth Certificate Confirmed VALID!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Why are we doing this again? We know we can't confirm that it is valid without Obama himself. This entire thread is nothing but propaganda until it's actually confirmed.

And it's not. You lied again, BH. Or misread your link, either one.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank you, Lloyd, for your response.

Originally posted by Johnmike
Why are we doing this again?

WE aren't doing anything. Lloyd and I were talking. It had nothing to do with you until you inserted yourself.

You lied again, BH.

No. I didn't lie. And I didn't lie again.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
WE aren't doing anything. Lloyd and I were talking. It had nothing to do with you until you inserted yourself.

Well...no, you weren't. Unless you made this a public thread by mistake...

No. I didn't lie. And I didn't lie again.

You sort of did. The claim that it was confirmed is completely false, and obviously so to anyone who bothered to read the article. Some Hawaii Department of Health worker, Janice Okubo, said that the format matched a legitimate document. Which is fine, and proves that it is most likely not a forgery.

But that doesn't mean that it's confirmed, because, in the article:

Okubo said a copy of the birth certificate was requested this month, but she wouldn't specify by whom. But as we know from our attempts to get one in April, Hawaii law states that only family members can access such records.

Therefore, it can't be confirmed except by Obama or a family member of Obama. Okubo only commented on the appearance of the document - whether it looks real or is a well-done forgery.

But it is against the law for her to confirm it by checking it against official records. Stating that it is "confirmed" is a fallacy, deliberate on your part or otherwise.

Is it probably real? Sure. But don't portray it as anything other than what it is.

link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Same goes for all of the obamaphiles here. If you did it to Bush, you basically have to just sit and take it now.

As for candidates releasing personal information, if someone refuses to release the info, or it appears doctored when they do, the natural inference is that the candidate has something to hide - and of course we all want to know what they are trying to hide. This issue is a perfect example of that.

Wrong. If I am not mistaken Bush's approval rating around 911 reached nearly 90%. He literally had the world in his hands. Then he invaded Iraq and lost the faith and trust of most reasonable Americans.

Obama is not even the nominee yet and we are debating whether an online picture of his BC is valid?

C'mon.

link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Did you happen to read the post on a national emergency being declared? All this bickering back and forth may be in vain if it's true..

Huh? Where did you read that at?

I work for a media analysis company, that monitors every single news broadcast in the country, be it TV or radio. I haven't heard anything like that.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

He's probably just talking about this thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I don't know what all the fuss is about. People act like there is actaully a difference between the candidates. No matter who gets elected as the next puppet, things will continue to go on as they always have. The plan is in place, things are moving along as planned. Nothing will change for better. It's only gonna get worse. Welcome to the ride!

I can't say I believe that this time around. This isn't John Kerry we're dealing with here, who was, indeed, running on the VERY SAME PLATFORM as G.W. Bush back in '04.

It's different this time for me. Barack Obama may not be any great savior, but we need a change in course to bring things down to a simmer, back to the middle of the road. Where most Americans are anyway. I think Obama can achieve that if nothing else. And bringing this country together matters more to me than anything else, because it is "Divide and Conquer". And we need to be United to Stand right?

I stopped defending Obama in these threads a while back. Let everyone else do the leg work on it. I simply lack the patience to treat some of those people with respect after watching them lie and try to scare people out of their votes. I can't respect that. This birth certificate issue was the last straw for me, well, not the issue, but all the racist crap that it brought up as a side-effect...

Thanks for cutting through the BS

Denying Ignorance.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Did you happen to read the post on a national emergency being declared? All this bickering back and forth may be in vain if it's true..

Huh? Where did you read that at?

I work for a media analysis company, that monitors every single news broadcast in the country, be it TV or radio. I haven't heard anything like that.

Right here on ATS. It also has a link to the White house web site. What it means, I'm not really sure, but it probably isn't good..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Thank you, Lloyd, for your response.

you're Welcome BH. Sorry if I appear to be argumentative, but I just want some verification one way or another on the matter.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Obama birth certificate mystery still unsolved

www.americanthinker.com...

She thinks the difference in visibility can be attributed to the pressure used when applying the seal.

Contra [Geraghty's] admonition, the birth certification question may, in fact, be a related issue [to Obama's missing legislative records]. On the technical side, I suspect that Ms. Okubo is not very familiar with what a scanner picks up at a 300ppi resolution (as in the image Kos posted). Embossing works by actually deforming the paper itself, so no matter how light the impression might be, if it were even barely discernable on one side of a page, it would necessarily distort the pattern (and show up in the pixels) on the reverse. Indeed, high resolution scanning often picks up more than is immediately visible to the naked eye, not less! When a simple ink stamped date does show through on the reverse, Ms. Okubo's hypothetical makes almost no sense. I was suspicious of the Obama certification, but when I saw the comparison document that Isreal Insider posted, it certainly removed any doubt in my own mind.

justoneminute.typepad.com...-120305964

For some reason, however, I keep thinking back to that early campaign story about an attempt to gain access Obama's passport records. It turned out to have been made by Obama's own staffers, not someone else's oppo research team, which seemed peculiar at the time, and which was never explained, IIRC. Why were they trying to see - or feel the need to check -- what the passport office had on file?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just curious...

Does anyone have actual verifiable photographic evidence of McCain's birth certificate? A scan? Anything? With, like, embossing and stuff?

(And not that Dead Sea Scroll-ish looking thing I've seen posted about the net. Heh.)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1cav1team
someone please name one thing good obama has ever done.

Gave a mad obsession to Jamie 83 the he/she, quarter centurion of brotherly Hate!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Obama birth certificate mystery still unsolved

I'm not sure of what the "mystery" is, but OK.

On your quotes from that blog.... Go here:
Technical Guidelines for Digitizing Archival Materials for Electronic Access
by Steven T. Puglia, Jeffrey Reed, Erin Rhodes ... - 2005

On page 43 of that book, you will see a comparison of an embossed seal scanned with 2 lights and one scanned with one light.

Now. You can believe what some dude in a blog wrote or you can believe The Digital Library Federation on Creation of Master Files. Your choice.

Obama's own staffers,

I don't know what this person is talking about. It was not Obama staffers. They were contractors that worked for Stanley Inc and The Analysis Corp and they were hired by the State Dept.

Source

Two of the government contractors who accessed Sen. Barack Obama's passport records worked for a Virginia-based firm called Stanley, Inc., the company said in a statement. A third contractor who looked at passport information for Sen. Obama and Sen. John McCain worked for a company called The Analysis Corporation, the State Department said.

"Two Stanley subcontractor employees were involved in the unauthorized access of Senator Barack Obama's passport files," a Stanley, Inc., spokeswoman said. "In each of these instances the employee was terminated the day the unauthorized search occurred."

If you use blogs to get your information, it's the same as searching ATS. It's all opinion. And apparently people with really bad memories.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1cav1team

someone please name one thing good bush minor has ever done.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

You have never mentioned his policies Jamie... all your threads are spurious personal attacks that have nothing to with his policies.

As for racism... I have never claimed that the people who dislike Obama are racists, not once, but if the shoe fits wear it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by lee anoma
As of right now the State of Hawaii disagrees with you.
I don't need to see your image again.

It's more like you don't WANT to see the image again. You'd rather accept the director of communications statement that the certificate is "real" even though she simply looked at a scanned and photoshopped jpeg that was emailed to her, and would have no way of verifying its authenticity.

What proof do you have that she has no way of verifying this? She does work there as opposed to you. Who should I believe?

The satement that she simply looked at a "Scanned and Photoshopped image" is misleading/unproven at best. You kinda threw the "photoshoped" in there as if it was a given. I can't imagine that she responded without consulting her boss etc. concerning a presidential candidates birth certificate. By the way even the original article that was cited from the "israeli insider" stated that all kinds of photoshopping has been going on online with Obama's birth certificate. There are many, many altered Obama COBs out there and I would be cautious to restrict any analysis to the image he himself put forward. So when you google around and say look at this image I found at X, well stick to the original source, Obama's website.

Either way. This has been put to bed unless you can "manufacture" more evidence. Which knowing you, you just might

[edit on 27-6-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

yea, if you are white, and you odn't like Obama, you better put on that shoe cause you are a racist mofo

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No I really only here right wingers say that.

I don't know anyone who supports Obama claim that if someone white doesn't they are a racist.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think this thread's title violates the T&C.

It's misleading. Obama's birth certificate isn't even what's being discussed. A "certificate of live birth" and a "birth certificate" are not the same document. Further, Obama's CoB wasn't confirmed VALID! Not by a long shot.

Why is this type of thread allowed?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
As for racism... I have never claimed that the people who dislike Obama are racists, not once, but if the shoe fits wear it.

I made that claim, specifically about this case.

While it is true that certain Barack Obama supporters use charges of racism to shield him from criticism, it is also true that certain critics of Barack Obama use that fact to shield their own racism. Just because there are hysterical claims about racist attitudes towards Obama doesn't mean isn't racist attitudes or comments directed towards him.

And this birth-certificate case is born of racism and bigotry. That is why those so possessed by fanaticism of proving his birth-certificate invalid will not answer questions of why they think the issue is so important.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join