It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Birth Certificate Confirmed VALID!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
so please don't try to make it sound like i just don't care because he is white, and i care because Obama is black and has a funny name.

I was the only one who said that; you are now trying to cast any disagreement with you or disagreement about criticism of Obama as hysteria about racism. Sorry, but that hysteria is not a shield for you to hide behind.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
[edit on 063030p://bSaturday2008 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 063030p://bSaturday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
stay tuned for more.

Please don't post the "more" until you're sure it's not already referenced in the thread, Everything in your post has already been posted and discussed.

There are 3 posts linked in the OP and you should really check them out. A LOT of info has already been discussed.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

oh so it's ok for you to say that, if you don't like him you are bigoted racist living in a fantasy, but if i say that you are just assuming i don't like the man because im racist. i am told not to do it?

you make a lot of sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
oh so it's ok for you to say that, if you don't like him you are bigoted racist living in a fantasy, but if i say that you are just assuming i don't like the man because im racist. i am told not to do it?

[snip]

I never said if you do not like Obama you are racist. I explicitly said, repeatedly, that is not the case. I said that, as it relates to this issue specifically.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Mod Edit - removed unecessary insulting question.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Any further insulting posts will be removed and members warned.

Please stay on topic and do so in a civil manner.

Civility and Decorum are Required

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
I never said if you do not like Obama you are racist. I explicitly said, repeatedly, that is not the case. I said that, as it relates to this issue specifically.

But what is it about this issue specifically that makes you assume that people are racist? This is about a Certificate of Live Birth that is claimed to be authentic yet that doesn't appear to have the requisite seal and signature.

I don't know if the thing is genuine or not, but hasn't it been demonstrated to you that there are legitimate questions here? If the document is a fake then it goes to either Obama's integrity or to the integrity of his staffers and Obama's knowledge about what they're doing on his behalf. Are integrity and/or competence racial issues, SC?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
But what is it about this issue specifically that makes you assume that people are racist? This is about a Certificate of Live Birth that is claimed to be authentic yet that doesn't appear to have the requisite seal and signature.

I've explained that, repeatedly, throughout this thread. I will not repeat myself again because you refuse to understand or acknowledge my position on this. If you want an answer to your question, please re-read this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I don't know if the thing is genuine or not, but hasn't it been demonstrated to you that there are legitimate questions here?

No, there are no legitimate questions on this matter, as far as I have been able to determine.

There is NO WAY that examination of jpg files on the internet is going to be of any real use.

There is also NO WAY that statements made by somebody at the Hawaii Dept of Records or whereever, to various and sundry questions means anything real.

What DOES matter, is that Obama's eligibility to be President has been examined by whoever it is that does that (I'm not sure if it is Treasury, or State or some other agency), and his eligibility has been confirmed.

Period. Fine. End Of Story. He has been determined eligible to be President by people who can get the real documents and examine them to whatever degree they deem necessary.

Does anyone seriously think that internet chat board members, examining jpg files, have found something that the real people examining the real documents missed?

I, for one, do not.

So, while I'm staying out of any racism questions, I do not consider questions regarding the authenticity of Obama's Birth Certificate to be legitimate.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
No, there are no legitimate questions on this matter, as far as I have been able to determine.

There is NO WAY that examination of jpg files on the internet is going to be of any real use.

Why not? The only other option is for us each to hold the document in our hands if images -- be they in books, magazines and newspapers (print media) or on computer screens (jpgs, gifs, etc) -- are of no real use.

There is also NO WAY that statements made by somebody at the Hawaii Dept of Records or whereever, to various and sundry questions means anything real.

I don't think that the spokeswoman for the Hawaii Department of Health would appreciate that her word has no real meaning. She recited the criteria for authenticity. I, for one, appreciate her input as I've found it quite useful.

It was her statements that informed us the CoLB on Obama's site has "all the component parts" which means that, if it were a fake, the info being "covered up" would be on the real one. This means, obviously, that his religion being listed as "muslim" is a non-issue since that is not a component part of a legitimate CoLB.

What DOES matter, is that Obama's eligibility to be President has been examined by whoever it is that does that (I'm not sure if it is Treasury, or State or some other agency), and his eligibility has been confirmed.

That's all well and good, but what does that have to do with whether or not the CoLB in question is authentic? I could draw up a birth certificate in crayon stating that my mother's name was Pickles Gherkin and my birth weight was 172 pounds. Would you presume it to be authentic just because I'm a natural-born citizen, have lived in the U.S. all of my life and am over 35 years old?

Does anyone seriously think that internet chat board members, examining jpg files, have found something that the real people examining the real documents missed?

I, for one, do not.

Who said the "real people" (as opposed to us sub-human ATSers
) missed anything? If, just for example, Obama's "real" birth certificate has his first name listed as Barry then that would be his legal name, not Barack. Would the State Department or Treasury or whoever tell us that that is not what's listed on his "real" CoLB? They could only do that, I presume, with Obama's permission. And would there be any real-world consequences to this? Probably not. Who on Earth would care?

Accepting that every piece of information on the posted CoLB is factual doesn't change the fact that there appears to be no seal or registrar's signature on the posted document, which are required to make it valid. That's the mystery and, in my opinion, only the chronically incurious can have no interest in finding out why that's so.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Why not?

Because we cannot confirm OR deny FOR CERTAIN whether there is an embossed seal and signature on the document. Period.

The only other option is for us each to hold the document in our hands if images --

That's exactly right. The jpg is of no real use in determining authenticity of a document. And not being a professional in determining documentations' authenticity, I couldn't tell you 100% if I held it in my hands. And I doubt any of the people discussing it here could, either.

That's the mystery and, in my opinion, only the chronically incurious can have no interest in finding out why that's so.

I'm not curious about ANY other president's birth certificate. Why should I be curious about Obama's, lest I be thought of as chronically incurious? Because some rumor mongers (who don't want Obama to be president and no REAL information to use against him) started rumors about his "real name", his religion at birth and place of birth?

I am not curious whether he wears boxers or briefs, either. I have no curiosity about McCain's bathroom habits, nor do I find myself wondering about his Social Security number. All of these, I am equally "incurious" about.

No such demands have EVER been made by the public of another presidential candidate to make their personal property public domain for us ALL to vet. Who do these people think they are?

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So now what?

What is a person to believe?

polarik.blogtownhall.com...

*Breaking* Kos Tampering with Obama Birth Certificate? [UPDATE]
noquarterusa.net...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
we cannot confirm OR deny FOR CERTAIN whether there is an embossed seal and signature on the document. Period.

Correct you are, BH.

No such demands have EVER been made by the public of another presidential candidate to make their personal property public domain for us ALL to vet. Who do these people think they are?

Au contraire, mon amie. Or, as the French are so fond of saying, Jerry Lewis.

Personal property, such as tax returns, are routinely disclosed by wanna-be public servants in the interest of transparency. Americans want to know that the people they're electing are upstanding, decent and reasonably honest people.

My recent post was about SaviorComplex's conviction that the simple act of noticing that Obama's posted CoLB doesn't appear to have a seal or registrar's signature is a symptom of racism.

Today I handed out stars to SaviorComplex (in another thead) because s/he made absolute, unbrideled, non-partisan sense. But I must take issue with SC's accusations on this matter, "specifically".

Some have brought up issues with the place of John McCain's birth and no one accused them of racism for it bringing it up. So I'm wondering if SaviorComplex's well-established non-partisanship is becoming an effort on his/her part to maintain just because of this matter.

Playing the "racism card" is a disgusting ploy. No one deserves to have that one played against them unfairly. The questions about Obama's posted CoLB are legitimate because they are obvious. No seal. No signature.

Granted, the scanner may not have picked them up.

So let's ask that they simply turn it over and scan it again. Then the matter will be put to rest and good riddance to it.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
*Breaking* Kos Tampering with Obama Birth Certificate? [UPDATE]
noquarterusa.net...

OH! I wish I had used the KOS (hi-res) version! I have GIMP and probably would have found it, but I was using the one from Obama's site. Here's the deal, the KOS version is 2427 x 2369 pixels. Pretty high resolution and big. The one on Obama's site is 800 x 781 pixels. A lot smaller and friendlier to load. They probably sent the jpg of the original to KOS and then a few days later, when they posted it on the Obama site, they resized it down, never thinking anyone would be examining it this closely.

Any time you resize a picture down, you lose some of the quality. That's why the videos you upload to the Internet never look as good as the ones on your computer. They shrink them by removing information. So that's why we can't get the seal to show on the Obama version (and believe me! I tried!) LOL

Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
See Stormdancer's post above for links to full size pictures with edge-detection software applied:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From the site with the Gimp Instructions:

The seal is faintly visible to the naked eye in the unprocessed birth certificate using high magnification. It causes ripples in the green hatch marks.

It sure enough is...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You can't be serious. I don't see any distortion in the blue thatch pattern that'd be caused by the punch of a seal. (Maybe caused by wishiful thinking, though... )

C'mon, BH. Yer grabbin' at straws here. There's no seal there and ye know it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

See Stormdancer's post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are full pictures at the links he posted. With edge detection software applied. It's there.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

OH! I wish I had used the KOS (hi-res) version! I have GIMP and probably would have found it, but I was using the one from Obama's site. Here's the deal, the KOS version is 2427 x 2369 pixels. Pretty high resolution and big. The one on Obama's site is 800 x 781 pixels.

Both sites must have changed images if these pixel resolutions are correct. Here's the original 2 images from Kos and Obama.com. They do not match the numbers you gave above.

Plus, the Tampa paper has a completely different image that's 8 1/2 by 11:

Obama site:

Kos

Tampa Paper

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Here's the original 2 images from Kos and Obama.com. They do not match the numbers you gave above.

Jamie, those are from your photobucket account. I'm not saying you're doing anything untoward, but understand that when you upload something to Photobucket, it automatically gets reduced. Photobucket's default reduction is (I believe) 800x600. Looks like yours might be set to reduce to 1 Meg file size. There are several options.

Go to the KOS page. Left Click on the Certificate. Look in the very top line on the window:

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join