It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You own a mobile phone? You should be ashamed of yourself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising
Everyone who has bought a mobile phone has brought the world closer to mass microchipping and monitoring. Mobile phones gave the governments the chance to test run the GPS monitoring of individuals.

And everyone who thought credit cards were a great idea needs their head testing.

IT ALWAYS HAPPENS BY DEGREES.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

I see only assumptions and speculation... where's the proof??

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
My new cell phone has never been used. I just have to remember to keep it charged. I get cards for it, not a plan. Its for emergency use only to get my car rescued if it breaks down.
They are too dangerous to use everday. I have a toaster/convection oven for the same reason, not a microwave.
As for credit cards. Its pretty hard to buy things online, or rent a trailor to move with, if you don't have one of them. Not to mention to finance anything large, banks require that you've used credit cards responsibly.
All technology has within it wonders and abuses. Should we live in the stone age, because every something can be abused an twisted by psychopaths?

[edit on 26-6-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

Lol, sounds like you're in the extreme minority here.
There's not much I can say that other posters haven't said in response to you already, but I will say I agree with them.

Let me ask you this:
1. Would you have those that work so often that they couldn't possibly keep in contact with friends, FAMILY, and employers without cell phone technology completely disregard those relationships? How do you expect these people to keep in touch over long distances and do you really think alternative forms of communication can't be monitered as well? (Ever heard of steaming open an envelope?)
2. Do you have a job? How does that job pay you - direct deposit or by check? If so, do you have a bank account? If so, do you have an ATM/Debit card? If not, do you really think that if the gov't wants to know something about you, or even more fun, the IRS, they won't just take a peek at your deposits and withdrawls, audit you and make you explain yourself anyway?
3. ANYTHING you do these days can and will be tracable, trackable, investigatable. Yes, you can pay in cash, but eventually you'll run out of it. And where will you get it? Unless, of course, you're filthy stinking rich and know a fool-proof way to keep all that cash safe for all time, lol, which I doubt you are and do.
4. The more "normal" you appear on paper, electronically, etc, the more you blend in, and hence are less likely to be traced, tracked, etc. I love some of the examples people have given of items the gov't would just be SO interested in seeing on their bank statements and cell phone records, lol!

The day we are forcibly made to or are "phased" into being "chipped", is the day the real revolution starts. I have a feeling that not many people would stand for it, support it, or be accepting of such an idea. Even if it meant their "protection" or freedom in a martial-law or sit-x type scenario.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

You're right man. As of yet, I haven't heard of a case where a cell phone GPS was used for proving or disproving an alibi. However, the idea of these devices being used still exists and is still possible. For this reason, we should keep an eye out for this occuring.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
WOW

paranoid

I use it to communicate with people when i need to about certain things.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't own a cellphone and have never owned one. So it's NOT my fault when your brain gets microchipped!

Actually I don't own a cell, cuz' I'm just a po' azz mudafugga and a cell would be a luxury. Hell my regular phone is through Vonage, I'm cheap.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You can tern off your phone and pull the battery out when you don't want to be tracked. In this day and age its hard to get by without a phone for contact with work ex.. + anther reason is I don't have a house phone so its the only way people can communicate with me via phone =/

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I appreciate what my cellphone does for me, it truely is an important and useful device. But it isn't a necessity even if it feels like it is sometimes, we could get by without it but all it takes is that one time when you didn't have it and you could of called an amubulance or something. I find it irresponcible and foolish to not have at atleast a pre paid minutes phone. But even though, I can still admire those that get by without. My gf works for a pretty big law firm and the owner of the firm is the main lawyer who is a kick ass and take names kind of lawyer, he's good. Well, he doesn't own a cell phone or a pager, he doesn't even own a computer or printer, the dude is old school yet he's not old, he uses typewriters, land lines and stores everything with lots and lots of paper. Yet the guy is one of the most succesful lawyers in san diego and has had and currently has people with celebrity status even a famously scandelous politician.

The point is those that say it is for work are fooling themselves into thinking it is necessary, I'm sure there are times when that lawyer needs to talk to someone urgently and kicks himself for it and likewise with people that need to reach him.....tuff cookies, "leave your name and number and I will get back to you".

To the OP-If the time comes you can easily toss your phone or use a $20 go-phone, no need to be ashamed.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

You took the answer from me! I too have a prepaid cell phone to use for emergencies (mainly medical). I bought one for my son a while ago so he could contact me if he needed to get home or emergencies. I don't like the fact the FBI can use them to hear conversations, so I take the battery out and leave it next to it. I only have it on when I go places.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
you all feell very selfconfident and powerfull whith teknology,power, and confort of the lives you are living now all beacouse you are living in a SYSTEM a order but remember this is just testing and the next level of microchiping is going to be very diferent and very fearfull.
the next step of microchiping will be active when there will be no order as you know now,there is going to happen a "natural change" and the order as you know is going to change.
then microchipping the rest of population of survivors is going to be a key factor for control...so no chip no selling fod to you ,or medical attending even if you habe desease or you are dyeng.they know everithing you use ,you eat,time,date,and cuantity you bought for it,what clothes you like...
they know every aspect of your life in present time.
in the future the chip will know even more things about you, so all your human rights and identity will be lost forever.
and this "sheeps" believe they are free.

think again

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have heard....and sit down for this....

that if 'they' know your phone number, 'they' can hack in and listen (thanks to the complicity of AT&T, Sprint....etc....)

EVEN if the phone is 'turned off'. The only way to be absolutely certain that your phone cannot be hacked is....to remove the battery!!!

OK.....how many of you readers know how to remove the battery from your cellphone??

I do (raising hand).

Food for thought.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i have heard that the cell companies just cut off the fbi from using them to monitor. Basically they decided that the fbi wasn't playing fair.

And if the gov't really wanted to monitor me, they will.

But I live in a rural area, I am a female with a toddler. I am not going without a cell phone in case of emergency.

Sometimes you have to weigh the pros and cons.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I live in the rural south on a farm..trust me if my car breaks down..i need a cell phone and with 4.00 roadside assist..the NWO can listen in on my calls all they want...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Good point, nixie

I think the NSA has been in our business anyway, FISA or not...

the FISA debate is eyewash, anyways....a distraction.

Think about it.....

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow, the influx of stupid into this thread is just astounding. I mean, I thought some certain long standing members of this site were bad, and couldn't form a coherent thought if they tried, *cough*marg*cough* but this thread takes the cake.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makoto
I know all about what my phone is capable of doing, and I'm glad of it.
My phone can be remotely activated by any law enforcement agency with a warrant and used as a microphone

Wrong....It SHOULD only be by law enforcement with a warrant.....
It COULD be activated by others who knows how.....

Which is more POSSIBLE....and who do you trust?

In fact, having a record of what I say to whom will come in handy if I get into trouble for saying something slanderous or hateful, as I'll be able to prove that I never said anything of the sort.

You will have no microphone recordings because they'd be in a server system somewhere on the 88th floor of an office block....and not for your purposes.

My phone has a built-in GPS locator, allowing any law enforcement agency with a warrant to see where it is.

See first point above.

having a record of where I went on what day will come in handy if I'm ever accused of a crime, as I'll be able to prove I was nowhere near the scene at the time.

Is it just me....or....

Someday, if RFID chips become widely used, I'll get one myself. I will use it to make my life safer and easier--and, just to spite people like you, I will have it implanted in the back of my right hand. All praises to the Beast.

I haven't read such c*#p in these forums for ages.....we still have so much to do!.

Makoto, do not let "The Man" behind "The Curtain" fool you too long eh. Good luck with the "chip".

Personally, I thinks RFID is a ploy to distract your attention from the ones you already BOUGHT & PAID for.....why "chip" people for a cost when they will pay for the "privalege".

No mobile here.
suckers

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
More about the Illuminati here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It shows how u can be saved from them.. It really is the ONLY way...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It dosen't even matter. If you just have a simple drivers license you can be monitor. So we can't do squash anyways. It's just the world of technology.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
i have heard that the cell companies just cut off the fbi from using them to monitor. Basically they decided that the fbi wasn't playing fair.

And if the gov't really wanted to monitor me, they will.

But I live in a rural area, I am a female with a toddler. I am not going without a cell phone in case of emergency.

Sometimes you have to weigh the pros and cons.

Yeah right! As if the cell companies even have that option. If you believe that, you're dreamin'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join