It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You own a mobile phone? You should be ashamed of yourself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is just evolving technology. Would you like to go back to dc current and riding horses as well?
Of course they can now track you, they always could, but whats the difference? They can point an infrared laser at your window and listen to anything you say, they can see you through walls from space based imaging satellites, they can already track you any way they please. Its coming whether we want it or not, its evolution of technology, and we certainly aren't gonna go backwards. Only thing about cellphones that worries me is cancer. You can however take a defensive position and buy items that will shield your phone and credit cards from outside intervention. Tin foil wallets anyone?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Surely I can't be the only person here who's looking forward to being microchipped. Sooner the better if you ask me. I'm sick of wandering around with a million different pieces of identification that can be easily lost or stolen. As soon as they have a chip that allows me to carry all that crap around in my body I'm first in line.

Assuming the government do decide to use it as a way to track people down and monitor their comings and goings, GREAT!
That's going to be a major pain in the ass for criminals and makes my world safer. I'm all for it.

So maybe they use it to monitor me, who cares, I haven't done anything illegal, the worst I can expect is a case of mistaken identity or a trip down to the police station to explain that borrowing the koran from the library doesn't make me a terrorist.

And if everyones amazingly unlikely paranoid delusions come true and some mysterious new world order decides to round us up and shove us in concentration camps, would being chipped make it ay easier ? probably not. In fact if it comes to that they'll know exactly who and where I am. I'll be the guy running at them with a gun screaming "You'll never take my freedom"

I personally welcome the chip. I have no idea why people are so resistant to the idea.

( btw, never owned a mobile phone, no need for one. )

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Spuggy]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
In regards to the OP, you do realize you're on the Internet right? You rail against someone using a technology capable of keeping tabs on them, yet you spread this message via a technology which is capable of tracking and giving out far - FAR - more detailed information about you. This doesn't make sense.

Further, you don't seem to understand how laborious a task Data Mining is. Oh, it's very possible - and companies do it all the time. But for a central organization to keep tabs on every person's every action on the planet over vast amounts of time via "chip" in the kind needed for your dystopian view of the future or even current day is mind boggling. It's not feasible. Sure, they can collect all that information, but what are they going to do with it? Computer can help sort it out, such as the case with flagging emails, but even that can only go so far.

And finally, I am fully in support of getting my chip. Indeed, I want more than a chip. I want brain augmentation, with pinpoint accuracy in the recording of memories, information, and images - as well as external storage. I want to upload my experiences to the network and download other people's experiences to live them out. I want improved physiological preformance via Gene Therapy and Nanomachines that would allow me to dive in the oceans for hours at a time at incredible depths with no need for an airtank. That help to eradicate disaease both genetic and pathogenic. I want a powered exo-skeleton that allows me to run at great speeds and lift far more than I currently can. I want to be able to access the internet with my mind, communicate the world over using only thought. I want to merge with technology.

Some of that stuff is still pretty much Sci-Fi.. some is close to reality.. and some of it IS reality.

So yes. I'll take my chip, and the rest of it too. I embrace transhumanism.

Viva la Ghost in the Shell, as it were.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well said Lasheic. Thank goodness I'm not the only one that finds this paranoia about emerging technology stupifying. Funny that we find the luddites occupying cyber space, I guess it's no different from listening to the weavers bemoan the coming of the spinning Jenny.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I can't wait to chip all of you and I only wish I could do what some of you want - such augmentations would be a wonderful addition profit-making surgeries and treatments offered by the medical-industrial sector.

I especially can't wait to charge you all triple the amount to have the augmentations removed when the truth comes out about them.

Either way I don't care... I'm still going to make a small fortune from the implanted chips alone - and then even more from removing them.

I love Americans - there's one born every minute

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Spuggy

You know what, i would be all for it if it was MUTUAL. How the story goes now it is us being monitored and we do not have any way to see where anyone is going. Another thing is identity-theft what could be easier with that chip. You have digital cloning devices that can read and store the info so that anyone can effectively steal your identity and drain your account or something. Yet another thing is how reliable will the info be if someone really want's you behind bars? They can fabricate the data and convince a judge that you where in Florida killing a grandmother that was baking her applepie for her grandkids because the DATA said so. You will be convicted on fabricated material.

So when the technology is Mutual, reliable and secured and you will not get cancer from it or whatever i will consider it but at the moment it's the govs and big businesses that will be able to access it and you are just like a friggin' dolphin with a tag.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Techonology is neutral, although I do agree with the premisse of this thread. However the same technology that seems to enslave us also empowers us to fight against enslavement. It's all about personal preference.

Exactly, just learn how to use and how not.
Bluetooth is also a nice tracking feature.

People here in Holland builded a bluetooth tracking device and to their surpise most people leave bluetooth on all tthe time so when they tested it in a busy area they could track half of the phones going in and out shops and milling around in the centre of the city. And off course they could get to info on the phones.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm somewhat of a minimalist, working continually toward more self-sufficiency. Yes, I own a cell phone and a credit card. I take responsibility for the things I do and responsibility for my own privacy and security. So somewhere there is a massive computer compiling an enormous database about our movements and cataloguing "hits" when certain word combinations are spoken? Analysis of those alerts must be a boooooring job.
The cellphone is a tool, less important to me that many other of my tools, but it has its function, and that function for me is not entertainment.

I think you'd have gotten a more thoughtful response if you'd have phrased this thread as a question rather than an accusation. I don't feel a bit of shame, nor any responsibility for what someone else thinks I should be ashamed of. Shame on you for suggesting it. **

** ironic jesting

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think lot of people out there know what is going on. As long as you know that only people to trust is us and the people who believe then you will be fine. I think when the day comes people like us will unite as we already know what is going on with , governments, nasa, ufos, nukes, google, ip, fbi and so on. Only clever people in this world i think are the people who know what really is going on and not panicking and doing the correct thing when the day comes.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't have a cell phone.
and it's not because of chips or any kind of monitoring.
(though I have read feds can turn your microphone on your
phone on and listen to your conversations.
[url]http://news.cnet.com/2100-1029_3-6140191.html[url]

however, I am more concerned over radiation, electromagnetic
radiation and brain cancer.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
yes i have a mobile and why should i be ashamed? for having a communication tool? isn't this thread little paranoid?
wow, THEY know my calls, oooh THEY know when i buy my underwear, uuuuuuu THEY know when i'm calling my girll. who are THEY and why should i care even if THEY know all this?
even thinking about this is either paranoia at it's finest moment or an egoistic trip in which secret societies of the world are unitng in getting my personal information. i'm really scared now. CIA and KGB could know when i bought lingerie to my girlfriend and calling my mom from vacation. what should i do?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
lol, I agree this is retarded, who cares if they know everything abougt me lol... what will they do? So far nothing... aside from the abysmall loss of tax dollars... I mean, that will end, money is money it's...just stupid lol... so fine gps me... I'll wave when I jerk my wrist lol...

I heard Sheriff Joe was getting a satellite i'll wave when I'm smoking in my yard lol...

Looking through telescopes is for astronomers... cops and governement officials that want to "see everything" will get the same results as they do... The Moon LOL, except my moon is nicer to look at.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
the problem is that even people like opposition leaders or protestors can be tracked at any instant. And who knows what other things can be done 2 u?

The olden people communicated telepathy before the use of modern communication. Period.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm USING my cellphone to throw them off the trail, just like I use this website.

I post inane threads here to make them think I'm one of the masses. Same with my cell phone. I drive it back and forth to an office to make it look like I'm a loyal sheep. Once a week I haul it to the grocery, to make them think I'm a contented worker-bee out on a consuming spree.

Just when they think I'm a complete normal simpleton, I drop it in my daughter's purse as she and her friends head out to the mall. Then I can slip away and work for the resistance for a couple or three hours, having high-level meetings with the rebel alliance in some bar across town.

I'm not sure how my daughter will respond if "they" ever call and impersonate my wife . . .

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE..ill add another one for good measure HATE mobile phones,young teenage girls are the worst for it..well just about all woman yap away on the things..normal phones included.I dont use them,i use the home telephone sometimes..but all in all...not my thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Simple solution guys. Leave your phone at home when you go to your tango info class, and buy your fertilizer and diesel with cash. Don't forget your fake mustache though.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hitmen

the problem is that even people like opposition leaders or protestors can be tracked at any instant.

They can do that now without chipping. They have been able to do it for quite some time. Chipping would just make it more convenient. And besides, look at it this way. Record companies spend billions of dollars to protect their products against piracy. What happens? Time and time again it's defeated by techno-geeks, sometimes with technology as simple as a black magic marker. RFIDs are already being hacked. If they REALLY wanted to track you, RFID would not be the most secure way. It would end up starting an information war between updates to the chips, and people finding a way around them.

The olden people communicated telepathy before the use of modern communication. Period.

Got any proof to back that up? Who were these "olden people"? What physiological features of the brain were used, why did we lose them, and what was the transmission medium?

This technology is still in it's infancy, and not truly telepathic in the sense that you still need to "mime" your voice for the collar to intercept the signals from your brain. Now, we've already demonstrated the potential power of BCI's (brain computer interfaces) and shown how we can read brainwaves and brain activity (even without invasive surgery) and translate that into a computer. So far, it's only simple stuff, and the most exciting current application is in the field of prosthetics. Here, not only can we read output from the brain - but also translate limited input.

So imagine, in 20 years, when this technology has advanced. Placing a telephone call across the world by simply thinking it. The device reads your brain waves, translates those into speech, and then sends it over the internet to the person you want to communicate with. A similar device in the receiver of the call will stimulate the portion of the brain that is associated with receiving nerve signals from the eardrum and will translate that directly into what they perceive as audible speech.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yes...im trying to find a link..but it was on a bbc documentary/news.There was a guy who was controlling a mouse on a pc and the clicking etc just by using thoughts via an implant in the brain...very cool indeed!
He was probably disabled in some way.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Would it happen to be the Braingate System? I think I have a video for it.

It should be noted that the Braingate system in an invasive surgery. We do have non-invasive procedures as well. However, having a chip directly on the brain would likely be the best solution. The problem is that chips are rigid and inflexible. Head trauma might knock it lose or cause it to damage the brain. They are working on flexible silicon chips, though, to remedy this problem. Further, with the coming advent of nanomachines in the future, it may be possible to circumvent using a chip and instead have swarms of these machines in your brain filtering in between the neurons. These machines would be able to either pass along, block, or simulate neural firings.

Further, I thought I'd show a video demonstrating the brain input we can currently achieve. There was another video showing how they can control a the flight of a fly by controlling it's brain, but this is a bit more fascinating.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join