It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You own a mobile phone? You should be ashamed of yourself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Everyone who has bought a mobile phone has brought the world closer to mass microchipping and monitoring. Mobile phones gave the governments the chance to test run the GPS monitoring of individuals.

And everyone who thought credit cards were a great idea needs their head testing.

IT ALWAYS HAPPENS BY DEGREES.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising
Everyone who has bought a mobile phone has brought the world closer to mass microchipping and monitoring. Mobile phones gave the governments the chance to test run the GPS monitoring of individuals.

And everyone who thought credit cards were a great idea needs their head testing.

IT ALWAYS HAPPENS BY DEGREES.

WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Well seeing as I dont believe in the world chipping thingy I will continue to use my mobile phone

In fact I am using it right now......and I dont feel ashamed at all!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And how is posting a rant about it on an online forum supposed to help the situation?

As long as there are people to create comforts for our everyday lives, there will be those with power trying to put an underlying hand in your preverbial pocket.

I have a cell phone, I have one credit card. SO? I am more concerned about tracking of computer activites than I am wodering if they are watching me buy an overpriced gallon of milk from the store.

So they are watching me, who cares? What are they gonna do, scold me for not buying velveeta cheese instead of a walmart brand?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There is no doubt that cell phones make it that much easier to track people, as do credit cards and debit cards, but owning a mobile phone is not reasoning to be ashamed of yourself.

The amount of phones out there with gps capability is relatively small. It is only over the last year or so that GPS has become a common feature in phones in the U.S.

Any phone can be triangulated or tracked. whether its a house phone, a public phone, a mobile phone, a cb or any other form. Would you suggest that communication cease all togethor?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Credit cards I agree with you on. They have no practical purpose other than getting stupid people into debt. But frankly, I know all about what my phone is capable of doing, and I'm glad of it.
My phone can be remotely activated by any law enforcement agency with a warrant and used as a microphone, listening to anything I and those around me say. I have no problem with this, as I have nothing to say that I don't want people to hear. In fact, having a record of what I say to whom will come in handy if I get into trouble for saying something slanderous or hateful, as I'll be able to prove that I never said anything of the sort.
My phone has a built-in GPS locator, allowing any law enforcement agency with a warrant to see where it is. I also have no problem with this, as I have no comings and goings I would want to keep secret. In fact, having a record of where I went on what day will come in handy if I'm ever accused of a crime, as I'll be able to prove I was nowhere near the scene at the time.
Someday, if RFID chips become widely used, I'll get one myself. I will use it to make my life safer and easier--and, just to spite people like you, I will have it implanted in the back of my right hand. All praises to the Beast.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I see you are looking forward to your chips then?

If you have nothing to hide why not let them chip you? That's your philosophy.

And they say mobile phones damage brains...hasn't affect your thinking at all has it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

Heh, I predicted you'd make that quip before I even started posting--can't be that scrambled, can I? But then, I only use it a few times a month--it's a handy tool, not a lifeline.
And seriously, what are you predicting? What, exactly, is the secret motive for knowing more about what we do?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I own a motorola v5 and a sony ericsson (however you spell it).

The v5 doesn't work anymore because i tried to take it apart so i could get my hands on those juicy telecommunication electronics and discovered that the interior of the phone was sheaved inside a metal casing.

I think the last time i even looked at my ericsson was about a month ago.

Should i be ashamed of myself, even though the phone was a gift?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Techonology is neutral, although I do agree with the premisse of this thread. However the same technology that seems to enslave us also empowers us to fight against enslavement. It's all about personal preference.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Makoto

What are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Speaking of brain capacity, folks. I'm saying I knew you'd make that joke about cellphone radiation melting my brain before you made it, therefore mine can't be all that melted. Then I asked what, exactly, the Man means to accomplish by chipping us. What do the Secret Masters (TM) have to gain by knowing that I went to a Hess memorial concert this afternoon, where I exchanged pleasantries with upper-class socialites and admired the surrounding architecture?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
marsrising, if you could employ me so that I didn't need to be on call and could make a living with out a cell, that would be nice.

I hate talking on the phone but I need to, to make a living, keep my job etc.

My bet is that you are still living with your parents and don't get out much.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makoto
What do the Secret Masters (TM) have to gain by knowing that I went to a Hess memorial concert this afternoon, where I exchanged pleasantries with upper-class socialites and admired the surrounding architecture?

Secret Masters deal in information.

I imagine the information as to your whereabouts will be worth something to someone, somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So I hope that you typed this thread out on someone else's computer.
Or maybe the library?
Otherwise, you are in the same boat as those that you say should be ashamed.
You have an IP.
You can be traced.

Do you have a car?
Most newer cars can be traced.
They will find you as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
seriously, you want to say i should be ashamed of having a cell phone? me, being a single mom w/ two kids who i sometimes have to be away from so that i can provide and take care of them should be ashamed for owning a device that enables me that connection to them should something go wrong? get real!! it is all in your perspective. i say shame on you for passing such a needless generalized judgement on good people.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thanks for the advice, but you're about 15 years too late. BTW, what country/state are you in. You don't own a mobile phone or a credit card here, chances are you aren't making any money.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising
And they say mobile phones damage brains...hasn't affect your thinking at all has it.

No it hasnt, I still think rationally

How can you still think straight (or even think sensible), coming on here and saying people who use credit cards need their heads tested? I doubt you are even old enough to own a credit card

If you are so worried about being tracked, you better refrain from using the internet, TV or anything electronic for that matter. Dont forget to move out to the bush and live a hermit style life....I'm sure nobody will find you out there

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
you are to late lord shartan ( the devil ) has alredy took over the earth $2+ £1= we alla are #ed either way so get on with your brain washed life

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jabal kahad
you are to late lord shartan ( the devil ) has alredy took over the earth $2+ £1= we alla are #ed either way so get on with your brain washed life

Wow.
That was completely in context of this thread!

Can I have my brain cancer now?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

With whom would these people deal? Advertisers? Let 'em come, I have a spam filter and I'm on the do-not-call list.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join