It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You own a mobile phone? You should be ashamed of yourself

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marsrising
Everyone who has bought a mobile phone has brought the world closer to mass microchipping and monitoring. Mobile phones gave the governments the chance to test run the GPS monitoring of individuals.

Since we already know NASA can see a dime on a table all the way from space, I don't think they need a tracking device in a cell phone in order to track where we are.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

What do you think social security numbers do? Keep track of people, huh? So, shame on you for letting them give you one!! Shame on you for owning a car, I liked the ozone...shame on all of us for we are a beautiful creature in a demon costume trying to consume the world

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
seriously, you want to say i should be ashamed of having a cell phone? me, being a single mom w/ two kids

I am sick and tired of single moms who seem to spawn more and more..in fact an unending stream of creatures who are amoral..unemployable..are vicious and violent and attack innocent people.

Why did you have kids when you knew it would never last?

Why do you burden society with more of these creatures?

All day you are at work letting them grow up to be dangerous to every one.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Makoto

No one of the elite cares about you going to a concert. However, if you get out of line and fight against their new police state policies, they will turn your payment chip off, and you won't be able to buy squat. Or be employed. Or vote (if they still have that). Or much anything else except live in a shack in the woods.

Nick Rockefeller had tried to get (the now late) Aaron Russo to join the CFR, and had discussed with him the elites' goal of chipping people.

---
"I used to say to him what's the point of all this," states Russo, "you have all the money in the world you need, you have all the power you need, what's the point, what's the end goal?" to which Rockefeller replied (paraphrasing), "The end goal is to get everybody chipped, to control the whole society, to have the bankers and the elite people control the world."

Rockefeller even assured Russo that if he joined the elite his chip would be specially marked so as to avoid undue inspection by the authorities.
---

But I would say cell phones also might serve the elite's other goal, to reduce the population of the world:

www.infowars.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Real nice. Real empathetic. Victimize the person in the relationship that sacrificed on her own to support and care for the children. You're sick of single Moms and their problems? How dare you say such a thing. I may not agree with O-Mama all the time, but I would never stoop to presuming to walk in her shoes.

Now I've gone and broken my own rule about engaging people personally, as well as ATS rules. So be it. I hope I caused you to think.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a mobile phone even if I was paid to carry one.

I hate the idea of corporate ball-and-chain on me all the time, easily found. Used to carry a pager when I was a network admin and absolutely hated that. I vowed never again would I carry a communication device.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
People. Seriously. You honestly think that a chip is going to help your bogeyman of choice control me? If the people rise up, finding us is the one thing they won't have to worry about. If I need to go underground, I'll cut it out with my own two hands; it wouldn't be the biggest hole I've made in myself.
And to that one semiliterate who actually tried to use the mark-of-the-beast line... have you ever heard about a little thing called looting? Even people who have chips will be helping themselves--it's a goddamn revolution!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You misunderstand me.She should beg the father to come back.Why can't she compromise.Single mothers it has been shown by numerous studies produce the most likely children who will commit crime and thus make society increasingly more dangerous.

The vast majority of single mothers offspring hand around street corners harassing/stealing/mugging people...They don't want a job and they expect society owes them a livng just because their mother would not do what daddy wanted.

I don't want to be a victim of some fatherless creature who is going to take their resentment out on me bacause his mother could not accomodate his father.

You do realize that YOU could be a victim of these wild creatures as well?

Why you defending them anyway?

The majority of them harbour enormous resentment against society and go on to commit crimes for a 100 years or for their whole natural life.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I honestly believe that when the mass microchipping of society arrives, it won't be enforced, or even compulsory. People will demand it, if only for a little extra convenience. People are already volunteering. That's what we need to watch for: the little inducements that will be offered, to gradually slide the system in, until we don't even notice anymore.

Think about it - what if you could avoid all the security checks, at the airport, at the ballgame, the concert stadium... how many people do you know who would gladly have a chip inserted if it meant they could cruise to the front of every queue while those other schmucks line up and wait? What about 10% off your ticket price? What if you no longer had to carry ID, credit cards, keys, etc.

I'm also imagining the types of spin that will be used, publicity campaigns, etc
What if not having a chip made you an object of suspicion? Why hasn't he got one? What's he hiding? Outstanding warrants? Criminal record? Must be something ... Most of the people I work with would get one just to avoid any negative stigma

Its all very well (and easy) to rail against something like microchipping before it actually arrives; once its actually here, well, that'll be a different story.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I keep hoping that you are gonna pop a new message saying: Just kidding!!!

Please tell me your kidding.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I've been a proud owner of a cell phone since 1998,

having that cell phone, at a $250.00 cost and getting a $35. month plan
allowed me to leave the nursing home i was temporarily in.
recovering from that brain aneurism/hemorrhage

that 'tracking' of the mobile or cell phone is not actually from GPS,
one's general location is tracked by the repeater/transmitter towers
that is used for the voice and the time/date updates which keeps one in the matrix.
Its both a Good and Bad situation, good if one falls & breaks a leg while hiking alone
Bad, if one is so uninlightened to make a 'Ransom' demand over such a communication system.

one question, why were'nt the CIA able to pinpoint Osama bin Laden as he used his satellite phone??
or perhaps your giving way too much credit to this tracking advantage !

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
So I hope that you typed this thread out on someone else's computer.
Or maybe the library?
Otherwise, you are in the same boat as those that you say should be ashamed.
You have an IP.
You can be traced.

A chip implant is NOT the same as using a computer.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Richard67
I honestly believe that when the mass microchipping of society arrives, it won't be enforced, or even compulsory. People will demand it, if only for a little extra convenience. People are already volunteering. That's what we need to watch for: the little inducements that will be offered, to gradually slide the system in, until we don't even notice anymore.

... What if you no longer had to carry ID, credit cards, keys, etc.

I'm also imagining the types of spin that will be used, publicity campaigns, etc
What if not having a chip made you an object of suspicion? Why hasn't he got one? What's he hiding? Outstanding warrants? Criminal record? Must be something ... Most of the people I work with would get one just to avoid any negative stigma ...

And that is how they did it with credit cards!

You can be sure that 99% of all the mouthing off guys on ATS who say they won't have one will be queuing up for one if the got a free Bud or something similar.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Richard67

You're right, it must be something--what, exactly, is the problem with being chipped? What do you not want people to see? And more importantly, why do you think the government will even want to see it? Are you so special that, out of the quarter-billion people in America alone, you'll be singled out to be monitored constantly? Frankly, there isn't anywhere near enough manpower to watch everyone in the United States; the only reason they'd even bother to examine your activities would be if you were under suspicion or on the run. What makes you worth watching? Are you a sex offender? Are you a fugitive? Somehow, I doubt it.
Think about this. At the moment, the government is already capable of monitoring your computer use directly--but tell me, have you been arrested for the pirated music on your hard drive? Of course not--the number of people who have isn't even statistically significant. First off, the government doesn't really care--they're tracking down sexual predators, not petty file-sharers. Secondly, the government isn't omniscient. As I said, it doesn't have the manpower to track down even a fraction of all the illegal downloads in America--hell, you should be more worried about being struck by lightning. If they can't even keep track of criminals, what makes you think you're of interest?
Are you that egotistical? Are you really arrogant enough to think that the Man cares about your spending habits, or your fetishes, or whatever it is you don't want him to see? If the government thought you were worth watching, you'd already be under surveillance night and day, and you wouldn't even notice. But guess what? You're not being watched, because you're not worth watching. You think a glorified driver's license is going to change that?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't think I misunderstood your words; perhaps I misunderstood your intent. Your reply sounds considerably softer that the original post I take issue with. Still, you continue to paint with a broad brush, encompassing most or all single mothers and their children. I could challenge you to provide proof of your assertations, but I think that would be a wasted exercise. Here, where I live, perhaps things are different, but I don't believe so much so. I know several single parents and their children. Yes, they seem to have a harder row to hoe that those with parents still together, but I dont find that there is a preponderance of more probability that those kids are going to "violent" or "criminals". I worked with social services in California for a while. It was an intervention program wherein pre- 18 kids who were arrested were put into family counseling rather than just arrested (depending upon the crime, of course). Most of those were from kids with two parents. Now, that's not proof, but evidence.

I think you took your own impressions and paradigms and projected them upon O-Mama, and I think you owe her an apology. That's all just my opinion. Again, I'm off-topic and doing so willfully with knowledge that I'm breaking the ATS rules. I just hope that you think about your broad-brush statement, consider that you might've responded in a abrupt way. I'll take my bones if that's the case. I'm finished talking about this. I don't want to make O-Mama uncomfortable, and apologize to her if I've done so.

Cheers & Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I won't be at all ashamed of having technology that let important contacts that need to contact me instantly on matters that are vital to my livelihood. Credit cards on the otherhand (in Mama Bouche's voice) ARE THE DEVIL!!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I can't wait to get you into my clinic to chip you.

You will be cutting the things out yourselves once you realize the side-effects...Or you can contribute to my new house and I'll remove it for you.

I enjoy reading posts defending the chip - keep repeating, don't let the facts stop you. LOL, only EGOTISTS think they will be monitored (which is computerized so everyone is monitored all the time), that has to be my favourite. Keep saying that one.

Soon you will all be getting chipped by me and my under trained nurses. You're government will subsidize the "installations" and I will reap the benefits. Get the chip, no one will monitor you
But a computer certainly will.

I'm seriously thinking of moving my practice to the US where chipping will be more prevalent maybe even forced - either way I get paid.

Then you get to pay triple to have it removed... Get the chip, support your local Physician

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Furthermore, have you noticed how people get irritated if you don´t answer or turn off your mobile phone?
They are an incredible invasion of privacy. If I didn´t live on a boat and wasn´t so dependant on mobile technology for voice and pc comms I would ditch it immediately!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

Not bad--I especially like how you try to act amused and smugly superior. The sheeple routine is a bit stale, though. I'd give it 6 out of 10.
Your obvious trolldom aside, everyone is monitored already--the egotist is the one who thinks his own petty misdeeds are worth even noticing, let alone punishing. A computer doesn't care what you do, it just keeps track of it. The ones to worry about are the people who sift through the data--no AI yet devised can carry out that function, and given the sheer size and complexity of our laws, it'll be a good while before such a program is created. The most a program could do is flag certain activities (entering private property late at night, being near the site of a murder, and other things that might prompt an investigation in the real world) as worthy of closer investigation by human agents. A few random sweeps might be performed every few days, just to remind the populace that they could be watched (much the same way the modern authorities make an occasional token arrest for piracy), but the odds that a human eye is watching you at any given time are infinitesimal. Get it into your head: you just aren't that important.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join