It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the government track me through ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

Wow, I see the media has gotten to you. All Muslims are not terriosts and all terriosts are not foreign.

D.C. Sniper
Oklahoma City Bombings
Etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You certainly don't have any credability... Your statements in the past show this. No one doubtsd this. You sir, Are an America Hater.

You sound like an UnAmerican Subversive, maybe you oughts check your bags and leave if you hate it so much?

Or are you perhaps waiting? .. For your time to strike!1!1

George Bush does so much for you, and all you do is hate him in return. Why all the hate?

(LOL, I'm not being serious, you just missed the sarcasm in the post you replied to
it happsn.)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I suppose you know where to find me and I am totally serious and can comfortably pass a psychological and physical exam.

Sorry you wouldn't qualify... you would be too biased and thus would not evaluate people accurately... because you would already have made up your mind about their 'state of health' because they say things you don't want to hear..

To be an effective disinfo agent you would have to be able to convince CTers that your one of them... and slip them some real facts to get them hooked... or your credibility would vanish in a flash...

Hard core skepticism is just the reverse side of blind faith: both depend on being outside rather than inside a situation, and one leads to the other.

It is the insiders that are the true players... and those are important

[edit on 24-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan Half the stuff you read on this site is all poppycock anyhow, and probably gives them something to laugh about over morning tea!

Perhaps... but the OTHER HALF is why comments at ATS ARE important... If this wasn't true ATS would not have so quickly become the world leading Conspiracy site...

Just because you as a skeptic do not snoop around official sites looking for clues to what they are doing, doesn't mean others don't.

Personally I have to wonder why people such as yourself that do not believe in CT theories and are hardcore skeptics even bother to come to such a site... what is it you seek? What is it you hope to accomplish?

Call us "America Haters" lunatics and other such names... what does that accomplish? All it does is show me that there are mindless sheep in the world...

Your not likely to change my mind... any more than I am likely to change yours... but what is accomplished by endless comments from skeptics on how crazy 'we' are?

What does it add to the topic at hand (no matter what topic)?

Personally I think you all are closet CTers but don't want your friends to get the wrong idea....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctormcauley
George Bush does so much for you, and all you do is hate him in return. Why all the hate?

Hate? How can you hate a man that is so intelligent?

NBC

Its a shame he can't do a third term... I am going to miss this guy

I wonder if he will do Vegas next?

Before a Bush Speech, this happens

[edit on 24-6-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Just because you as a skeptic do not snoop around official sites looking for clues to what they are doing, doesn't mean others don't.

This proves my previous point mate! You have already made paranoid assumptions about me that have a disparity with the truth. Stop making sh*t up to justify your POV.

Personally I have to wonder why people such as yourself that do not believe in CT theories and are hardcore skeptics even bother to come to such a site...

Obviously your not familiar with my plethora of posts at ATS. Do your homework mate before sounding off.

what is it you seek? What is it you hope to accomplish?

Rationalism via the means of high probability

Call us "America Haters" lunatics and other such names... what does that accomplish?

I never said such a thing. Where's your head at dude?

All it does is show me that there are mindless sheep in the world...

One can only assume that you were looking at yourself in the mirror whilst typing that comment.

Your not likely to change my mind... any more than I am likely to change yours...

Correct - but I'm not trying to change your mind. Just express an opinion - which by the way- I'm every bit entitled to do as you are unless you wish to usher in the new age of the third Reich

What does it add to the topic at hand (no matter what topic)?

Didn't I just say Rationalism? And an alternate POV!

Personally I think you all are closet CTers but don't want your friends to get the wrong idea....

Well, these thoughts are as misguided as the rest of your post but I will give you one thing. You have amazing consistency! LOL!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
People forget one thing... Let the government "Track" people openly discussing topics. If the government elects (ironic use of words considering the current administration) to then imprison people for this right I say GO FOR IT! How many prisons can be built if everyone stands up for their rights? How many voices can be silenced if everyone speaks (what ever they believe)? How much money would it cost the government to carry out such actions? GO FOR IT! Start your political end. Cause civil (another ironic term) unrest or, dare I say it, civil war. We The People were given these rights and let no man (or woman) take them from us. Life... liberty... and the persuit of happiness.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
To be an effective disinfo agent you would have to be able to convince CTers that your one of them... and slip them some real facts to get them hooked...

Wow....sounds like you're describing a certain J. Lear.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I say GO FOR IT!

I agree with you. People do far more to intimidate and silence themselves, then is ever imposed upon them. I believe there is a climate that encourages self-censorship, even in the most 'free' of countries -- that is what must be recognized. The examples given by much of the mainstream media, of a constant viscous battle over idealogical stances, does far more to intimidate than inform. The underlaying message: if you have an opinion that isn't widely accepted as 'obviously correct', within the accepted polarization, you will be attacked from all sides, with every rhetorical angle exploited to undermine you. Most people fear this, and simply shut the hell up.

Let's not.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
LOOK THIS UP

NSA - ECHELON

FBI - CARNIVORE

-Remember that this stuff was made years ago, imagine what they have now.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You can be tracked. The question is, why pay attention to you?

But the reality is that if they want you gone, you are gone. Live your life with integrity and face up to the consequences, however unfair. To fear the government is to be a coward, which is a fate worse than death.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Grumble]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Bravo, excellent and inspiringly invictive. But also to the point: realize there is a large difference between what can be done, hypothetically, with regards to surveillance and monitoring, and what those who may possess such capabilities might be willing to reveal is actually done, via action.

Little fish don't gotta fear no harpoon. Bigger fish laugh at it anyway.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Aight, i'll step in
basicaly yes but they wont take the time to come see what you do/say in here unless u've triggered a particular interest in them... they use node based sniffers each ISP in america and all the main net routers has a node running that sniff stuff and looks for trigger words if a trigger word is found the email/post will be copied and analysed if what was said tick them off then they can start actively monitoring ur data even tho u hash an email/post/file into different files and send it accross multiple networks what they use can reassemble it all Carnivor used to be able to do it like 15 years ago so i'll let ur imagination at work figure out what Echelon can do today... using anomysers wont really work because the anomyser is located somewhere on the net and they sniff right at the source at your ISP look below ur gonna understand better

You -> ISP *sniffer node* -> Proxy -> ATS

there's no real ways to hide from them man with the stuff i know i can confirm at 100% that there's NO such thing as privacy on the internet... even tho you could encrypt then tunnel ALL your data starting right at your localhost pipe it through a TCP tunnel from your PC to a Shell running Unix somewhere else on the net and have the shell decrypt stuff from there and point the connection to a website they could see where the encrypted data is going then all they would need to do is locate the router the Unix shell is running on then MITM everything between the shell and the URL u'r trying to access and they'd get ur post or data still... dont forget that 80% of the whole internet is hosted in the US so until this change big brother's got a hand on ur nutsack and he and squeezing it good dude... even windows itself is backdoored on purpose for use by the police or governement... so welcome to the red list my friend

edited to fix a terminology

[edit on 9-9-2008 by _R4t_]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If you are wondering how to get watched... this is how....

I will assassinate the president with a hot dog.

I will send a thermal nuclear explosion at the white house.

Lets do some terrorism.

... now that should of caught the eyes and ears of the NSA and FBI.

They will look at this thread for 1-2 seconds and judge whether its a serious threat or not and move on to the next site. The process is much like security looking at x-rayed bags in a airport.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Thanks, I understood all of that except the acronym 'MITM'; what's that mean?

Also, it's wisest to consider that keyword triggered 'sniffers' are a thing of the past, a compromise based on limited relative computation capacity. Why not go whole hog?

For example, you may think 'well I have a 100GB hard drive and no one could track all of that data'. However, how much of the data on your hard drive is unique, when looking at the set of 'all installed machines'? All the system files, common applications, downloads, etc., exist in multiple places, on multiple machines. Why do more than identify 'this user has this common file', when constructing an terminal-state image, relative to the Internet as a whole?

I've run 'duplicate file' calculations on a typical Windows installation, you would be amazed at the amount of reported redundancy in the file system layout....

I estimate that the complete activity log, of the changes a user affects to their system state in a single day, could easily be represented with less than 50KB of data, when correlated to a world-wide database of 'common files', and deltas thereof.

Have a look into government sponsorship of research initiatives into data checksumming and 'digesting' functions, al-la 'MD5'.

Edit to add: Oh! I guessed! MITM = "Man In The Middle" (research some cyptography sploits if this doesn't make sense)

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yikes, I started this thread when I was a newbie here.
I'm a little embarrassed that it's been resurrected.
The nice people before you were very helpful in putting this question to bed, at least for me.

Any hoot I'm off now.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
MITM means Man In The Middle, trigger words are still very well in use doesnt mean its old that it ain't still effective, but yeah there's hundreds of new crap they have such as behavior tracking they've even invested in millions in Van Eck's discovery when he figured out how to point a directional antenna at a monitor from a certain distance and see what was displayed on the monitor it worked a bit long ago and it was hard to see # but with multiple millions and a bunch of guys working on it im pretty sure they can friggen do it from satellites now...

and ya it made sence dont worry im a no life security freak
look in for Van Eck Phreaking its fun stuff...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by _R4t_]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ah, well that's the thing -- many topics surface every few months or so on ATS. There's no shame in repeating one's opinion. In fact, say say again, until disproven. Those who would hear, with new ears, our 'conspiratorial rantings' are worthy: not of less consideration, because the topic is old (but new to them), but rather more. For we should have, in our periods between repetition, considered and honed our thoughts and explanations. Lest we fall victim to assumptive rhetoric. Please I ask again: someone prove me wrong!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Ian, I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
Are you saying that it is worth it revisiting old thoughts in long extinguished threads to grasp an awareness of how we might have grown since? Because that is a very valid point which I agree with.
Or are you saying that we should do to see if our behavior since has honored the opinions and positions we then proclaimed.
Or might you be saying something that I'm not getting.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by schrodingers dog]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join