It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the government track me through ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Yes that's true, but I wouldn't go overboard with the speculation. Satellites? Aren't your ignoring the (quite significant) problem of multi-source signal discrimination? Extrapolating too far, as fact, without a solid foundation, undermines the initial hypothesis -- which in my opinion, in this case, is otherwise justifiable.

But, of course, consider this, everyone: I could point a light sensor, with sufficient temporal/spectral resolution, at your window blinds, and reconstruct the visible image of any CRT displayed within. This is demonstrated technology, due to the fact that there's a moving 'luminal peak' (inversely correlated to phosphor decay rate) that can be detected, mapped to vsync/hsync frequency of the monitor, and reconstructed into a 2D dynamic image.

Seriously, to sufficient technology, and even publicly demonstrated technology, there's no such thing as 'privacy'. Get over it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Seriously, to sufficient technology, and even publicly demonstrated technology, there's no such thing as 'privacy'. Get over it.

I contend that there are levels of privacy invasion that are difficult to get over...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Ian, I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.
Are you saying that it is worth it revisiting old thoughts in long extinguished threads to grasp an awareness of how we might have grown since? Because that is a very valid point which I agree with.
Or are you saying that we should do to see if our behavior since has honored the opinions and positions we then proclaimed.
Or might you be saying something that I'm not getting.

Well, I see both of those alternative as the same thing, distinguished only by the interpretations that our egos might bring to our personal perceptions and considerations.

I was thinking more practically -- there's lots of new ATS members each day. And they have the same questions that you (and I) did (and do). Just because I've aired and addressed some of these issues before, doesn't mean that those who approach these issues anew (even by a 'resurrected' thread) might not deserve new input. And, as you imply, we should never be reluctant to revisit, with incentive or indication of necessity, that which we might considered 'settled', to ourselves. More often than not, in fact, I've found value and new insight by so doing.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Agreed 100%.
This opportunity is actually difficult to achieve in ordinary life. Perhaps if one keeps a diary, but that wouldn't be the same thing. If one recognizes this, ATS can become a wonderful awareness mechanism.

About my OP, lol, I used a program called Socksify for a while, then I just stop bothering.
I literally live within shooting distance of Cheney, there's no software for that.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yup, there's no such thing as privacy since awhile now. Honestly I don't really care, when ur desparate to the point where you invest trillions in technology to monitor every single actions of everyone and are fueled by unsurpassed amount of paranoiya you HAVE something really #ty to hide... for all that i care they want their NWO by conscent or conquest and I don't care I believe in God and that there's something beyond i've seen some pretty freaky # in my life even an handicap dude that NEVER in the world can lie or have read the bible and said he saw heaven in a vision while laying on his bed and described it as a city with twelve doors and # exactly as u can find it at some places in the bible but they guy just doesnt know what lieing is nor do he have a bible in his house... im 25 now and for all that i know and seen im discusted about how the world is today, everything's about money, control and power when things could be some much simpler and better. Its sad to see that even man has turned how to be the lowest thing that ever walked this planet... call me religious nut if u want i dont care neither lol i rather live with faith then die hopeless...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Ian, I've been thinking about what we're talking about. Right now ATS is relatively new.
But imagine how amazing it will be for all of us in 20-30 years to be able to have almost a "life" database of our thoughts and feelings and to be able to look back at ourselves.
Mind blowing!

Who cares about the government, I want to be able to track ME!

[edit on 9/10/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When someone is in a stolen car the alarm goes off briefly when it is started and right after the theif starts driving for another short burst .

That double alarm sets off the new laser which probes the auto on sight and then puts the stolen car and its position on file .

It's not about tracking civilians in kanata , it is about stupid theives making a mess overflowing our small analog databases and of course our small courts , no lawyers just verdict and then its breakin rocks for roads and floodgates .

[edit on 10-9-2008 by jokerdazey2]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

the gov of usa does not release technology to the public unless in has a way to encroach or utilize it for their ways and means.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
get? you mean have.... they already have everything cataloged but they need to have a use for it, to actually go and inspect it physically with a human being..

This site I suppose you could say is relatively new.. although it has been around long enough for drastic changes to occur within myself, .. it is interesting to have a place where opinions and thoughts are recorded.. and amazing how much one could argue with themselves over past issues, better resolved or researched.

My personal opinion is, ... everyone should have access to ALL the information because there is literally SOOOOO much it would be way too difficult to absorb all of it, for those who really are that nosey..

[edit on 9/29/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
' Can the govt. track me through ATS ? '

Lol. I think it's a reasonable suspicion.

But don't worry. They love places like ATS in the same way a farmer values strong fences. Keeps the animals all in one place, able to be surveyed, counted, monitored, etc.

The farmer doesn't worry about the beasts inside those fences.

It's those running wild and free in the hills and bush that the farmer spends most of his energy on.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join