It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Muhammad (Peace be upon him) Was A Polygamist And A Pedophile

page: 6
3
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow. If I were the OP, I would sure hope that I have taken precautions to further protect my identity than just an anonymous ATS handle. I would imagine that the attention that ATS gets, that the comments that the OP made, even if true, would seem explosively blasphemous to certain individuals. If I were you, I would make like Salman Rushdie, and head into hiding for a while, in all seriousness, the Hashassins will be out for you.

I don't think that the formalities you used when speaking about Muhammed will be much help either.

DocMoreau




posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
reply to post by Fathom
 


Fathom,

How about this? I bear witness that the Prophet Muhammad is The Messenger of God, and you bear witness that he is a pedophile, I invoke God's curse on whoever of us is lying.



Taken from YOUR holy book.

Tabari VII:7 "The Prophet married Aisha in Mecca three years before the Hijrah, after the death of Khadija. At the time she was six." Ishaq:281 "When the Apostle came to Medina he was fifty-three." Tabari VII:6 "In May, 623 A.D./A.H. 1, Allah's Messenger consummated his marriage to Aisha."
Tabari IX:128 "When the Prophet married Aisha, she was very young and not yet ready for consummation."
Tabari IX:131 "My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old."



edit to include source:prophetofdoom.net...

[edit on 20-6-2008 by coop039]



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039
 


Please note my post just a few posts up (on the previous page):


Tabari/Ishaq is not the Muslim holy book.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Taken from YOUR holy book.


Don't you mean taken from a site specifically set up to spread hate against muslims?



edit to include source:prophetofdoom.net...


Yep, that'd be the one.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's a feeding frenzy. We all love to feel righteous, don't we? It's hard to set yourself up as dominant unless there is someone to dominate. If everyone in the world had the same religion, the same sexual urges, the same language, the same clothing, the same education, and the same face, we would still go to war over who makes the best homemade Caesar Salad.

1 egg yolk
3/4 can of flat anchovie filets, finely minced
1/4 cup light olive oil
1/2 lemon
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
dash of mustard powder
1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
1 1/2 cups of finely shredded parmesan cheese
plain croutons

In a large bowl, add anchovies, garlic, mustard powder, and egg yolk. Pour in a little of the oil and whip until mixture thickens into a "mayonnaise". Add the rest of the oil and whip again, until thickened. Break the lettuce into pieces and add to the bowl. Pour parmesan on top, squeeze the lemon juice over the contents of the bowl. Turn over the bowl until the leaves are well coated with the mixture. Serve with croutons on top. Do not attempt to kiss anyone for 1 week.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
It's a feeding frenzy. We all love to feel righteous, don't we? It's hard to set yourself up as dominant unless there is someone to dominate. If everyone in the world had the same religion, the same sexual urges, the same language, the same clothing, the same education, and the same face, we would still go to war over who makes the best homemade Caesar Salad.

1 egg yolk
3/4 can of flat anchovie filets, finely minced
1/4 cup light olive oil
1/2 lemon
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
dash of mustard powder
1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
1 1/2 cups of finely shredded parmesan cheese
plain croutons

In a large bowl, add anchovies, garlic, mustard powder, and egg yolk. Pour in a little of the oil and whip until mixture thickens into a "mayonnaise". Add the rest of the oil and whip again, until thickened. Break the lettuce into pieces and add to the bowl. Pour parmesan on top, squeeze the lemon juice over the contents of the bowl. Turn over the bowl until the leaves are well coated with the mixture. Serve with croutons on top. Do not attempt to kiss anyone for 1 week.


I disagree with you, there should be 3 cloves of garlic and herb croutons. That is it, get the guns it is war time.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is off topic, but only slightly. Say what you want about polygamous societies, but there is one thing they absolutely cure. Married women using sex to coerce their husbands.

"What's that? You're upset that I came home from work a little late, and don't want to have sex tonight? No problem, I'll go get it from my OTHER wife."


I have seen so many women sleep with a guy whom they KNOW is sleeping with other women at the same time they are seeming the chick, I am now almost fully convinced that women are polygamous by nature. (Note: I didn't say polyandrous. That's a different discussion)

Want proof? Check out STD rates, and compare REAL NUMBERS when broken out by gender. It will show you that a great majority of the women with STDs are having sex with a relative few number of men. I never noticed it until someone pointed it out to me.

Now, as to the 9 year old thing. I'm not going to defend him on that; however, we had a case recently where there was a 12 year old STRIPPER working in a club. Even her own mother said that she had the body of a 21 year old. It is possible the same thing happened with this girl (i.e., was physically mature beyond her age). Or, he was just a pedophile. He didn't seem to have taken any other young girls as wives, so it doesn't show a pattern.

In conclusion, having a 9 year old wife is wrong, wrong, wrong. By any standards. But is this truth, or propaganda? I haven't done enough research to know.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Muhamed was also a bandit for awhile. He did many bad things. That is why his religion is so popular. He was just like us until he became enlightened. I bet Jesus did some bad things too but nobody was brave enough to write them down. Respect other religions and people will know you are not an idiot.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
ok I see you said you were'nt trying to defend his actions but still... look, in order to even be attracted to a child in a sexual way you would have to have something wrong going on in your brain... I dont know exactly what the condition is called but its a fact... and what does it matter that in his time having sex with little kids and marrying them was ok???... a couple hundred years ago it was ok to keep blacks as slaves and hang them for stupid reasons, and not to long ago it was ok to keep blacks segregated... just because it was accepted at a time does it mean we have to respect it??? im sure alot of people dont respect what the racist people did to people of other races years ago... so why is it ok to respect and even honor this man??? just cause he was allah's go to guy??? thats total bs dude


Woh woh, hold on to those wild horses a second will you. You are making the common mistake of applying our morals to a past time, it doesn't mean the people in those past times were right, but in the context of their time it doesn't make them bad people. I know that's hard to get your head around, and i don't mean that in a condescending way. It's a very difficult thing to try to get.

Firstly yes, in our modern times to be attracted to a child takes a problem with the brain, however in past times when it was actively encouraged to have sex with children and marry them this isn't so. If you took yourself or me back in time and put us in that situation and allowed us to grow up with it, we wouldn't see it as bad.

I am not excusing what muhammed did, lets be very clear there. I am merely stating you can't actually call him a bad man when he was doing what was correct for the time. Someone can behave in a system quite awfully and yet be loving, caring and kind. Take slavery, your example. Someone in that system can own slaves but be very kind to them. They would of course today be seen as evil slave drivers, but they would treat their kids well, even look after the slaves (i admit that was rare). We would still see them as evil even though they could be the nicest people. Abiding by the morals of the time can make anyonea monster in later years when new morals are invented.

It may be in future that abstinence only groups will get their way and anyone who slept around in the past will be seen as truly evil lol.

I'm not saying you have to respect what he did! I'm saying you could respect the peaceful message he gave out, and whilst we consider part of his life horrible we shouldn't let that cloud any peaceful message or other good thing he had going.

It would be like saying Hitler was awful and so everything else he believed in is rubbish, he was a vegetarian remember. Should we abandon vegetarianism as well? (btw i'm not a vegetarian or a muslim, in case you wondered).

We cannot condemn a whole religion based on a few acts by the protagonist.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17
 

Well if it is a lie brought about about by enemies of Islam, then that make all Sunnis enemies of Islam as it is part of the tradition of the Hadiths. By your definition the only true muslims are #es. That is a huge schism in Islam that most muslims would accept would divide and destroy islam from its very core!! Who needs enemies of Islam when you have each other!!



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thats just one website with translations. There are many. If its not correct, what then is the correct translation? Muslims always seem to find a way to avoid topics covered on these websites. Why is that?

[edit on 20-6-2008 by coop039]



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
This is off topic, but only slightly. Say what you want about polygamous societies, but there is one thing they absolutely cure. Married women using sex to coerce their husbands.

"What's that? You're upset that I came home from work a little late, and don't want to have sex tonight? No problem, I'll go get it from my OTHER wife."


I have seen so many women sleep with a guy whom they KNOW is sleeping with other women at the same time they are seeming the chick, I am now almost fully convinced that women are polygamous by nature. (Note: I didn't say polyandrous. That's a different discussion)

Want proof? Check out STD rates, and compare REAL NUMBERS when broken out by gender. It will show you that a great majority of the women with STDs are having sex with a relative few number of men. I never noticed it until someone pointed it out to me.

Now, as to the 9 year old thing. I'm not going to defend him on that; however, we had a case recently where there was a 12 year old STRIPPER working in a club. Even her own mother said that she had the body of a 21 year old. It is possible the same thing happened with this girl (i.e., was physically mature beyond her age). Or, he was just a pedophile. He didn't seem to have taken any other young girls as wives, so it doesn't show a pattern.

In conclusion, having a 9 year old wife is wrong, wrong, wrong. By any standards. But is this truth, or propaganda? I haven't done enough research to know.



I think I'm going to throw up.

Women are not naturally polyagamists if some their men are naturally unfaithful. You really don't understand women much and should read: men are from mars, women are from venus. As to a well-developed 9 year old, I remember one girl from elementary school like that, but I will point out, she still looked incredibly young. And the idea of usurping the natural will and sovereignty of a child and force them to be with anyone, let alone an old geizer is BARBARIC USUARY.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I think I'm going to throw up.

Women are not naturally polyagamists if some their men are naturally unfaithful. You really don't understand women much and should read: men are from mars, women are from venus. As to a well-developed 9 year old, I remember one girl from elementary school like that, but I will point out, she still looked incredibly young. And the idea of usurping the natural will and sovereignty of a child and force them to be with anyone, let alone an old geizer is BARBARIC USUARY.


You do now that men are from mars and women are from venus was written by an ex monk right? That book is an absolute load of........well anyway. Yes by our modern standards it is barbaric, but you cannot condem a persons teachings just because of one bad act in their life. Also remember as i said, back then no one would have seen it as wrong and so he wasn'ta bad person in those times. You can't judge someone in the past with modern morals, it just doesn't work, that's all i was saying.

Even if in his time it was seen as bad (which it wasn't) then you still cannot condemn his peaceful teachings. It would be very silly, like cutting down an apple tree for having one rotten apple.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
From the OP's original link


And there is one report in the Tabaqat that `A'ishah was nine years of age at the time of nikah. Again it is a fact admitted on all hands that the nikah of `A'ishah took place in the tenth year of the Call in the month of Shawwal. This is while there is also preponderance of evidence as to the consummation of her marriage taking place in the second year of Hijrah in the same month, which shows that full five years had elapsed between the nikah and the consummation. Hence, there is not the least doubt that `A’isha was at least nine or ten years of age at the time of betrothal, and fourteen or fifteen years at the time of marriage.


Selective quoting again......



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Geez...not this old line again...

Different times, different customs, etc.

For example, almost EVERYONE even in the middle ages was married by what would (in today's standard) be deemed adolescence!!!

It was hardly uncommon for young medieval brides to be barely in their "tweens", not to mention, the Kings of many nations were legally entitled to take their go at her before her husband..!!!

We all can look at our pasts and be aghast at what was commonplace. Likewise, no doubt Mary and Joseph were children (by today's standards) when they got together. The majority of figures in the Torah, Koran, and the Bible likewise were married as "children" as we'd call them today. Likewise, ever hear about father Abraham, had many sons, etc.? Well duh, HE TOO had multiple wives. In fact, the whole schizm between the Arabs and the Jews is over whether the promised land was promised to Isaac or Ishmael!!! (i.e. as it was promised to Abraham's seed)...

Folks should really know their own histories before attacking others' and by applying today's standards to the practices of our forefathers....



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom
 


I would like to know why you say" Peace be onto him "for Muhammad. If anything ,he should not have any.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
On this thread - it is a fair comment to say "hold your horsees doin't judge their time by ours". Look at the Spartan society and wow that was some devious experiment.

However, people nowadays believe absolute truiths of books that are written from previous times-so that arguement falls flat on its face.

These are the same books we in this time, indoctrinate our children with.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok
 
You can use all that fancy talk you like but any man in any part of history that can look at a nine year old lil girl and get turned on is a pervert in my book!
nope I aint buying it, not in my neigborhood. uh uh.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers
 

I think mr. OP is just bein sackastik if you ask me. I don think he mean it respectfull and I don blame him.



posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420
 
You not saying that 14 is old enough to get married are you? to a fifti somthing year old man?



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join