It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad (Peace be upon him) Was A Polygamist And A Pedophile

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There's really no debating this, it has been discussed several times on ATS, and muslims refuse to accept these blatant facts about their 'prophet'...they excuse him saying that he provided refuge for Aisha...the nine year old girl...yeah....refuge in his pants.

Anyway...I must say...I find Islam to be quite disgusting and oppressive...you can see this by the current state of nearly all Islamic nations.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObamaMomma
reply to post by Gazrok

You can use all that fancy talk you like but any man in any part of history that can look at a nine year old lil girl and get turned on is a pervert in my book!
nope I aint buying it, not in my neigborhood. uh uh.

Guess what? You don't have to buy it, it is not your neighbourhood, and I really don't think 1.3 billion people care what a bunch of redneck podunks think. They do not answer to you, and I am sure they are thankful for that. The abundant ignorance show here is absolutely amazing. Read a history book for christsakes.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Coop,

THAT was not taken from The Holy Quran obviously.

If you would just care to read some helpful post here regarding this issue, it would've been settled.

The Hadith (oral tradition) you just quoted is erroneous and highly improbable. The collection of this hadiths started 165 years after the death of the Holy prophet and his companions. There was a Hadith correcting this mistake from a very reliable source, putting the age of Aisha at 17 years of age at the time of marriage and yet you chose to ignore it in favor of an obvious lie perpetuated by enemies of the Prophet.

No matter how much you people try to harm the image of the Prophet Muhammad you will not succeed with people who are open-minded and who are sincerely looking for the truth.

Let's take the events of 9/11 for instance, after the initial outrage of the masses towards the Muslim community (exactly what the people behind this event are really hoping for) for the alleged heartless attack on the WTC, people who are not easily taken in (smart people) actually started probing for the truth. They started to really look closely at the Muslims and try to understand what their beliefs are. They started reading up on Islamic literature to try to figure out their ideologies, they researched the life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad and there have been documentaries made by unbiased people about The Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

fr.youtube.com...

The staffs and crews who made the documentary later on became Muslims.

After 9/11 1.5 million converted to Islam

fr.youtube.com...

fr.youtube.com...

And even family members of those who perished in the 9/11 attack converted to Islam.

fr.youtube.com...

A British Priest converts to Islam
fr.youtube.com...

And this one of an American Muslim which is NOT the typical Muslim for people who have some preconceived notion that all Muslims are illiterate/ live in tents etc.

fr.youtube.com...

If you are truly seeking the truth about Islam for further understanding of the believers of this faith, I recommend this Film, very enlightening for open-minded people.

fr.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17

After 9/11 1.5 million converted to Islam

Thats cool.

How about this though

That does not make a very good argument for Islam now back to the topic
Raping a 9 year old anyway you cut it is wrong.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

The stuff that Coop posted is not the Hadith, it was from Ibn Ishaq and Tabari, both of which are not included in the Hadith, because of lack of verifiability (the authors did not double and triple and quadruple cross-check their references and the trustworthiness of the narrators).

Laiguana, yes it has been discussed many times before on ATS, but apparently you didn't pay much attention. I can't find a single instance of anyone "excusing" Muhammad's marriage to Aisha because 'he was providing refuge for her'. I may very well be wrong, but if I am, please show me where this was said.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ObamaMomma

Sure am, for a 50 year old man 1500 years ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Depends seriously on what you are basing your statements, is it from Real Facts, Folk Stories, Propaganda or just simple Hatred !

Remember that people are not so gullible as intended, with a vast array of information at their disposal. I have been researching this and have found that the Real Facts and True Reflection of Prophet Mohammad is being heavily suppressed or simply distorted, for reasons well known to those who feed on Slander.

If it's worth anything, I have found a wonderful link that tells another side of the Coin.

Link : www.rasoulallah.net...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Can we all at least agree on this.

If you are willing to kill for your God of peace, you are screwed in the head.

There is no doubt that the God of the Muslim is the God of the Christian and the God of the Jew. At least in an historicaly documented paper trail sense. If this were not so, the Muslim could not consider Christ a prophet, which they do. And yet I have asked Muslim people and they have denied this commonality of God. And I believe many Christians hold the same opinion.

I have read the Koran and found it to be a plea for mercy, and a manual of restraint for a life lived under seige. An Eye for an Eye and a Tooth for a tooth.

This can be a call to mutiliation to one audience, and a plea for restraint in another. I think it was the latter given the willingness to kill for sharia law in the behavior of ALL the descendants of his audience.
(not just the extremists, ask Cat Stevens if you doubt me)

Unfortunately I have no doubt that many Muslims see it the other way.
And there is never any shortage of those willing to interpret ones religion for them.

Also unfortunate is that people should live their lives with a siege mentality, because the book of their beliefs was written during one.

Does the great prophet not beseach - in the Koran, and this is a paraphrase:
Do not beat your wife out of proportion to her transgressions.
Is this not a plea for mercy?

I welcome and would love to have a coherant and open response from a Muslim person on this post. Please respond to the points I have made. Share your perspective on them.
The points.
1, One God.
2, God of peace, or old testiment God of ego and vengence?
2, Same historical ancestry.
3, Plea for mercy, and interpretation as plea for enhanced barbarism.
4, Siege mentality.
5, Willingness to kill for sharia law, therefore willingness to kill for God of Peace/God of ego and vengence.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm going to jump in on this because there are a few points - this is all assuming Sunni (there's a difference for Shia - I will explain)

Marrying off your daughter at a young age/polygamy was a common practice in that time. Because of high infant mortality rates, it was allowed in the religion. Nowadays, most scholars say it's allowed but under strict circumstances - maybe one wife cannot conceive. Otherwise, it's not allowed. So like others said, it doesn't justify, you have to understand historical context. Until recently, Europeans were inter-marrying, their own cousins and right into their bloodline, and women were used as chess pieces to carve up land.

Also, many issues people bring up are *cultural*, not religious. An important distinction needs to be made from the two, and many remnants of old "backwards" ideologies are all due to culture. It takes time to change and evolve a culture, and Islam and the Islamic cultures in the Middle East are only now going through that growing phase. If you look at the history of the area, and repeated colonizations and usage as chess pieces again by the West, you can begin to see why there is a late "evolution" in these parts of the world. Look as Singapore and Malaysia, they are much differently modern, and infrastructure and culturally are "modern" and surpass many Western cultures. They are 99.99% Muslim as well.

People say it's oppressive towards women - those who choose to wear the veil, maybe you should try asking them what they think. I know many who wear it, they glad to wear it because to them it's a mark of modesty.

Shia, in the strict definition, are not Muslim. They denounce many parts of Islam, and make up their own sick rules as they go along. Many of the Shia "scholars" themselves think they are prophets and all that stuff. It's a huge schism, and it's ideological stemming from political dispute.

A good reliable source, where you can ask them questions and find out:
www.sunnipath.com

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

actually - thats CATHOLIC priests. Don't dare insult christianity like that.

To be Christian is to follow the teachings of jesus christ.
Catholics praise jesus christs' eartly mother, a woman of eartlhly flesh.

Just thought i'd clarify that.

First off, let me apologize in advance for jumping on the off topic bandwagon.

You clarified nothing. The rate of Catholic priest sexual abuse is comparable to every other sector of society (including amongst other clergy) and less than public school teachers.

In my opinion, if you are guilty of having sex with a child you should be killed or chemically castrated. End of story. The only exception would be if both parties are children.

The priest scandal was horrific and those who participating were engaging in acts of pure evil, but your assessments of the situation (and allusion to marionology equaling worship) are ill advised and wrong.

Eric

EDIT

Ok, a couple of things.

1) I apologize to the OP. I should have never responded to the person who was commenting on Catholicism. It was off topic and I compounded the problem. I should have let things alone and not fed the troll. Again, I apologize. I U2U'd the person that responded to me asking that he start a new thread if he would like to discuss the issue.

2) I was typing faster than I was thinking. I should have said that the rates of Catholic clergy sexual abuse is on par with that of other groups with the same dynamics (men having positions of authority over and opportunities for isolated contact with minors). Camp counselors, ministers, teachers; etc.

Clearly the Catholic priest rates of sexual abuse are higher than the general public. Geriatric nurses aren't going around molesting children. Men are abusers at a much higher rate than women.

3) I would like to emphasize that I am not an apologist for the guilty. As I said earlier, I wouldn't shed a tear if they were dead tomorrow.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by EricD]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
The rate of Catholic priest sexual abuse is comparable to every other sector of society (including amongst other clergy) and less than public school teachers.
Not only does your statement have the smell of dead catfish after Katrina but you have absolutely no source to back it up!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I almost made it through this entire thread. For those of you that don't have the time to do so. I found that (Americanist, Mystic Mushroom, Mystiq, TH3ON3, Flyersfan (who I should remember to star), and Cyberbian) had the best postings on this topic.

I really took an objective approach for most of this and the OP has some interesting posts too.

The people I mentioned that posted are, "enlightened". I don't think they all agree necessarily with each other though.

My take; One God, and if you believe in "justified" killing or violence....well it didn't come from that God. If you choose to ignore the taint that is in the Bible the Quaran, or any other text, well so be it.
You that follow anything other than "love thy neighbor" is on a different page than the true Christian, Muslim, or Jew.
Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

That is it? So you have nothing to say either way concerning the rape of a 9 year old girl by a man that is held in such high acclaim by the muslim community?

You babble on sounding more like a drunk referee and slither your way through an entire post stuttering praises and giving your blessing of those that you find "enlightened" hopefully without spilling a drop of your red wine that you swirl before you sip it, thinking you are oh so civilized.

you sir are lukewarm and wil be spat out.

the thing itself speaks...indeed.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by ObamaMomma]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is a hate thread and is serving no purpose but to inflame people of different religious beliefs about the same Supreme Deity and the messengers he chose to send to them. The Creator sent his messages for all the world to know. It is not wrong to study the advice given to the Christian, Muslim and Jews, we can all gain from them a better understanding of God. All peoples have had their teachers, the principles of behaviour they have been taught are equivalent too ours. God/Allah/Jehovah is the Father, no parent wants to see their children squabble. If we put as much energy into peace as we do war, we would have no need for war.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Child brides, multiple wives... Sounds familiar. I guess this makes Mohammed no better than the fine people residing at the FLDS ranch in Texas.

Or the pedophile(s) residing in the White House. If interested, please search for the documentary "Conspiracy of Silence".

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My dates may be off a bit as far as time of life on earth but I would have loved to have had these two guys meet just for 5 minutes. If this would have happened there would have been no muhhammoud ( False Prophet).

ACHILLES bumps into muhhammoud. End of muhhamoud!

Peace on earth, a little more anyway!

Eye of Eagle

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
PLEASE NOTE:

This is the topic of this thread:
Muhammad (Peace be upon him) Was A Polygamist And A Pedophile

Please discuss the topic and not each other.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This alleged "Prophet" (peace be upon him) would be thrown in jail anywhere in the U.S.

He will always be remembered in history as the pedophile prophet and leader of the bloodiest religion ever on Earth.

This is an arguable statement...under the guise of Christianity..we have Hiroshima and Nagasaki...and then we can just count backwards..to the Cholera conquest of native populations..in North America...and then on back to the inquisitions of the Catholic Church...and so on and so on..
Flamable rhetoric like your title...helps no one..and may even rise to the standards of promoting hatred. There are more peaceful Muslims than radical ones..slandering their deity is not a helpful stance. We need to find a common ground of respect for all people and faiths. I don't agree with your assertions or characterizations of the prophet, and I am just as certain you don't agree with mine. Hate speech thinly clothed under the right of freedom of expression is repugnant..and dispicable.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUNRAY06
This is an arguable statement

Really? so you can argue away the fact that this old pervert inserted his penis into a little nine year old girl?
ok, argue that fact away.

There are more peaceful Muslims than radical ones

One would hardly know this since they sit with their mouths shut while their bretheren cut peoples heads off.
by not standing up and renouncing these acts they become accomplices.

I don't agree with your assertions or characterizations of the prophet

Again, tell me why he is not a perverted child rapist? do you get aroused by a naked child? he had to be aroused to "consumate" their marriage...what a sicko!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join