It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If invited, would you go to another planet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Who needs a spaceship. We should appreciate the beauty and power of the human mind and the fact that our imagination is limitless. Simply by closing our eyes and meditating, we can go anywhere we like. Whatever tickles your fancy ....
What about remote viewing. Apparently we all have the ability to project our consciousness anywhere in the universe and beyond. So basically we can have our cake and eat it.

A Dangerous Sunrise on Gliese 876d
apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Your scenario is a wonderful thought-experiment - Einstein would've loved it.

For me: Intriguing and tempting as it sounds, I would decline. There really are not enough variables presented in order to make such a profound decision. What kind of planet are we going to? How might I expect to be treated? What will become of me and what are your expectations after we've arrived?

As I have a substantial portion of my human life yet to live, how will I be spending those remaining years? Will I be free to explore your world (and others?), ask whatever I wish, visit anywhere I'd like? Or will I be spending my time in a cage along with the specimens on view from other planets?

Even if I am never allowed to return, can there at least be some mechanism for communicating back to my fellow humans regarding my experiences there - so that they may benefit from the knowledge gained? If you can dash about the galaxy seemingly without effort plucking planetary immigrants for your menagerie back home, surely you can arrange a visit or at least a note to my family and friends now and then.

What will I eat? Where will I sleep? Who will I be communicating with daily, weekly, yearly? What will be available for me for sustenance, companionship, physical and intellectual stimulation?

You see, I think this kind of migration would be immensely important for myself and for all of mankind - it can not be answered in good conscience unless and until a majority of these questions have been addressed.

The corollary is that I would go if I was nearing the end of my life anyway and did not have much more to look forward to here on Earth. In that case, I'd be willing to assume a bit more risk and 'go out with a bang'.

Who knows - we all be ending up there anyway...

See you on the other side!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Outrageo you would make a fantastic intergalactic lawyer.

The lack of detail is somewhat intentional in my OP because, as you well know, few things in life are guaranteed on this or any other planet. Under this scenario, the best you can go by, is the kindness in the demeanor of these aliens. Like I said on one of my post the aliens would be like the alien in Contact. Still, it's a big decision to make on the spot, but that's the whole point.
Great answer though. Thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Deson
I would have to say no. I would dearly love to do so (in fact I've dreamed of doing so). I couldn't bear leaving my friends. Now if they returned and gave the option of taking my friends and beloved family and gave me enough time to have my friends pack. I'd be off in a shot!

I understand what you're saying but we're not really organizing a raft trip from Cuba to Florida, we can't take everybody you know!

Well my friends the first question out of their mouth wouldn't be "Who are they?" it would be more likely to be "When do we leave?" (chuckle).

Besides I figure that there would no more than 8 to 10 of them (My friends who would love to go)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
"you had me at 'hello!'"

Yes, I'd go. I love adventure.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I would say no, but then ask them if they would mind erasing the memory of my first marriage.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

I would say no, but then ask them if they would mind erasing the memory of my first marriage.

I'm sure they will consider but then would say: "Nope cause that's how you learn!"

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Continuing my comments...

Sure looks like a lot of people are missing the point of the question. I do have to say that many of you worry about an awful lot. I don't think they would invite us if they didn't have means to take care of us. Obviously they have been watching the planet or they wouldn't have invited you in the first place. You must be special to get invited, after all they haven't invited everyone.

The tall ones are almost a translucent grey and are quite peaceful. They seemed to me to be more like overseers. The small greys are quite curious. I wasn't too old at the time I was taken, but all the adults on board seemed quite afraid. No one seemed able to move except me and another kid. The aliens in blue are wearing suits they are not really blue.

Last time I was with them they were quite pleased with me. They come to visit me often, and on a regular basis. I do so enjoy their company cause they are not caught up in worldly matters like paying the bills and going to work. They have pets you know. This strange little orange creatures with one eye. They are so cute.

The ships were clean, inside and out. They have many colored lights on the outside. It is an awesome sight to see. But they have many different kinds of ships, kind of like we have different kinds of cars. Different models you know.

They do experiments, yes. But not just for their benefit, but ours as well. Though many do not understand this. Mostly it has to do with genetics and mental capabilities. Many of the advances in human history have a lot to do with these interventions. There really is no one that has not or will not meet them in their life time. We just tend not to remember, because what we do not understand we our minds. And if we have a traumatic response to them, when taken, they remove it from our minds.

Have no fear ET is here...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
id first start by asking them questions about the planet, does it resemble earth in anyway, is it a fact that humans who breath oxygen would be able to live there. id also ask them if they would imagine our world a beautiful place to stay if they were to leave their planet. after a positive exchange of info i would go.. after a negative exchange of info i would still go. i think my reason would be in the name of science. my fiance will re-marry, shed get over me and live out the rest of her life. my family would have a great deal of wonderful memories of myself to fall back on. heck they can visit my myspace page and leave RIP comments.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'd go as long as there's some hot chicks, steaks and some kind of entertainment.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I'm sure they have attractive females on their planet.
They do have steaks though they have no cows, so...
It's not really an alien frat cruise on spring break though!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
if I were invited to go to another planet/universe I think I might just depending on which species of extra terrestrial it was. they better not have any greys with them for instance I wouldn't want to be a lab experiment.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
So imagine this:
You are married to a loving wife/husband and have a couple of great kids. You have a great job, lots of friends, and live a healthy life.
You are sitting on your porch having a beer before you go to bed.
A white light appears and two beautiful, kind, and peaceful extraterrestrials manifest themselves before your eyes.
They tell you the following:
"We come from a distant world. We have been observing your species for some time. For reasons that you do not yet understand, we have chosen to invite you to our planet and meet our civilization. Unfortunately we can only take one person and if you choose to come you will never be able to return to Earth. You have to make your decision immediately and there will be no time for goodbyes. You may choose to decline this invitation but if you do, we will have to erase all memory of this encounter from your mind for security reasons."
What do you do?

I instantly assume that the whole peaceful white light thing is the same kind of abuse a moth takes near a candle... I agree to go for the sake of my children in order to preserve for them a better tomorrow. I bring with me a very good friend of mine who happens to also be a navy seal.

On arrival we start killing our way to the top. We seek awnsers, what's the planets weak spot? Where's the largest reactor? When we find those awnsers we blow the whole damn place to hell and save humanity.

The only thing I bring is a Cigar a Desert Eagle 50 and a high quality Katana

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I had a dream once where alien ships were landing all over the place. I was in a suburban backyard and you could see all the ships come down. They were like flying saucers. They were surrounded by a disk spinning incredibly fast but the center was extremely ornate and made of many parts. It looked like a cathedral on both top and bottom with a metal disk spinning around it. Cathedral is what first came to mind, but definitely alien, and magnificent.

My friend and I wandered from our yard to the next where one had landed. There was a cargo door open like in the back of transport planes. We wandered inside and were greeted by very humanoid looking aliens who were just a little thinner than normal people with bigger eyes and no mouths. They had hair and there were two guys and a woman alien, all wearing uniforms. The woman's body looked like a woman's body. They talked to me telepathically.

They asked if we wanted to go to their homeworld, but told me if we did go, we would never be able to return to earth. I really wanted to, so I conferenced with my buddy and we decided to recruit another of our friends to come. We asked the aliens if that was alright and they said yes but we only had one hour to get him and get back to the ship. We left the ship and in the process of looking for my other friend I woke up.

So now I know, if I am ever asked again, dream or not, I am going. And I don't care if I ever get back.

P.S. I told the two friends about my dream. The one who went with me to the ship said he would have gone, no second thought. The guy we left the ship to get told me, "If the situation ever comes up, don't bother coming to get me, I ain't going." He thought me and the other guy were crazy to truly think going to another planet is worth not being able to return.

Call me crazy.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Never to return?
No.

Return assured?
In a heartbeat.

The same goes for leaving Earth in the case of an emergency.
I would only go if I could return some day.
If that were doubtful, I'd rather stay and tough it out until the bitter end.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hell no, How would I know they would return me back in one piece or if they would be returning me for that matter. I'd let the next person in line take my place. Humanity as a whole will venture to the stars someday in a larger scale...I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am so surprised by the the number of people who have chosen to decline this hypothetical invitation. I would have though here on ATS where hundreds of earthly problems are discussed on a daily basis almost everybody would want to get away as quickly as possible.
It actually warms my heart a little that despite all of our issues, most people value earth and their loved ones to such a degree.
As for me, I believe I would go for the ten years. I would just make sure I brought a lot of chocolate, flowers, and big big diamonds back with me. "Hi honey, you won't believe what happened ..."

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The way my life is looking at the moment, i would give any thing to get of this plant!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think most people would find leaving this planet very difficult and I imagine not many people would actually go through with it, especially considering what they would be leaving behind. It's such a beautiful planet with a diversity of animal and plant life that is probably unmatched anywhere in this area of the universe. Also as far as challenges go, I dont think you'll find a tougher one than living your life here on planet Earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

So are we putting you down as a "no"?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join