It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If invited, would you go to another planet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Nope, if i ever get married it will be to the woman i really love and if she convinces me to have children with her i would have to love her so much that i'd rather cut my heart out before hurting her or my kids. So no matter how much i love to explore space and other planets i would stay.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Pretty cool answers.
Maybe the aliens give you an extra choice: You have to stay on our planet for a minimum of ten years. After that we will bring back whenever you want.
Would that change anyones mind?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No way!!! Would never leave hubby and kids, cant even bear to be on a plane let alone some alien ufo....

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Would there be kinky alien sex involved?

J/k . . . I would have to say no thank you

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
HA!

If I had seen this question posed any other day, I would probably go w/ my "pat" answer.. hell no!! i was born here and so apparently this is where i was meant to be.

today though? let's hope they don't come to ask bc should they pose such a question, w/out even so much as giving it a second thought, i'd say "i'm yours to do w/ what you please."

anything to escape this pressure and uncertainty!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Oh dear, what's troubling you?
What can we do to help?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

lmfao sorry!

nothing that a glass of wine and a good nights sleep won't cure! just one of THOSE days that everyone goes through. thanks for noticing though (although i am embarrased that i was so obvious w/ my distress lol)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would go for a few reasons. The first being I am so curious about things. I love a good adventure. Two, my sons would be greatly disappointed if I didn't, sure I would miss them but this is a once in a life time chance. Third for the world, Forth to find out what I could about their spiritual life style.

Now I can answer this for real because it happened to me once. I was sitting outside the farmhouse and a big white light came out of the sky. It was a disc shaped vehicle. It stopped and hovered above the ground and a ramp descended. There was two beings and they asked me just that question and I said yes. Well we got going and about 2 or 3 light years from here I got motion sickness and had to be brought back cause aliens don't carry motion sickness pills. But what a trip!! I'd do it in a heartbeat.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What a cool question. It'd be very tempting if the visitors said they would bring you back in 10 years. Unfortunately I would say 'no' because I am a diabetic...lol. Really, even if they mentioned, "We'll take care of your condition", the answer would be a 'no' because I'd be to darn afraid! Earth is my comfort zone. I would just shy away and leave it to another individual who is not afraid of heights. This is one chance of a lifetime I'd have to pass on!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Now I can answer this for real because it happened to me once. I was sitting outside the farmhouse and a big white light came out of the sky. It was a disc shaped vehicle. It stopped and hovered above the ground and a ramp descended. There was two beings and they asked me just that question and I said yes. Well we got going and about 2 or 3 light years from here I got motion sickness and had to be brought back cause aliens don't carry motion sickness pills. But what a trip!! I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I hate to pry, but could you please tell us a bit more about these aliens. You know, what did they look like, did they probe and if they did was it painful? Just a couple more details please.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I would have to say no. I would dearly love to do so (in fact I've dreamed of doing so). I couldn't bear leaving my friends. Now if they returned and gave the option of taking my friends and beloved family and gave me enough time to have my friends pack. I'd be off in a shot!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
I would have to say no. I would dearly love to do so (in fact I've dreamed of doing so). I couldn't bear leaving my friends. Now if they returned and gave the option of taking my friends and beloved family and gave me enough time to have my friends pack. I'd be off in a shot!

I understand what you're saying but we're not really organizing a raft trip from Cuba to Florida, we can't take everybody you know!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Ever seen the Twilight Zone episode called "To Serve Man"?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Absolutely I would. If not on lunch menu or planet z's zoo. In a new york minute...imoutahea.
Oops, didn't catch the whole happy family thing. That would be different.

[edit on 6/20/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would Go, i would miss my family, but this is a big jump

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'd be all over it. There comes a point where an opportunity to take part in a unique, mind-expanding experience becomes irresistable, no matter the cost.
Would it suck to leave all of that behind? Sometimes. But getting back to a child's state of constant wonder would be worth it, IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A long time ago I had a dream, I was dancing intimatly with two very attractive ladies, when suddenly I felt the urge to go outside, I left the ladies to their own devices and went out onto the street, as I glanced to the sky I saw what seemed to be a shooting star, knowing it to be special I wished for everything to be allright. Next thing I knew I spotted a brilliant white pebble on the ground which I stooped to pick up, as I raised my eyes again a saucer had landed not far from me. As I watched a door opened and two completely normal looking elderly humans stepped out. I immediatly went over to them, greeted them and asked them if there was still time to get my musical instrument, they declined and told me that it was now or never, I decided on the now and got on the spaceship, leaving all behind. At this point I saw the pilot of the craft, he had dark hair,a beard and a twinkle in his eyes. Also he was wearing some kind of spacesuit setting him apart from the other two. For some reason mostly children came along for the ride, a few older folks as well but I remember a room full of kids climbing over everything and having a great time. Feeling they were getting out of hand I asked them to cool it, but the captain only smiled and told me there was no need to worry they could not do any harm. I then remember taking off, he steered the craft by holding his hands over but not touching two rectangular black pads.
When we landed we were in a beautiful glade in the forest with a large number of colourful tents set up and a lot of poeple doing their thing.
He told us that we would find everything we needed to survive here and that he had to be going there was much more for him to do. As he said so long
I realized that I knew nothing about him, I asked him where he was from
and he replied with a grin saying out of capricorn.
And that was it, I awoke feeling refreshed and wondering if it was some place on earth that he had taken us or some other planet similarily beautiful to ours !

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's amazing to see the range of reasons you all have shared.
I just wanted to clarify that you would feel for sure inside yourself that these aliens mean you no harm. Think of them like the alien in Contact.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I'd say nope, sorry. Not done exploeing this one yet. Call me back in about twenty years. It's a grea tplace we have here, and ther eis a lot to do. Maybe if people would stop focusing so far away in the stars, we'd already be there.

That was an amazing post.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by krestan

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I'd say nope, sorry. Not done exploeing this one yet. Call me back in about twenty years. It's a grea tplace we have here, and ther eis a lot to do. Maybe if people would stop focusing so far away in the stars, we'd already be there.

That was an amazing post.

What would you do krestan?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join