It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If invited, would you go to another planet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

it would really depend on who was asking and what exists on the planet in question. if it was a hott alien babe asking me to go and her planet was similar to earth i might do it.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah you can count me out. I believe that this is probably the most exciting time to be alive on Planet Earth. We are at a crossroads, a transitional period where we either make it as a species or go extinct. The challenges that lie a. are huge, but with our imagination, creativity and will power, we now have a great opportunity to carve out whatever future we desire and with alot of effort and drive, there's no reason why we can't create our own paradise here on Earth. If we succeed, there's no reason why we can't build and develop our own space craft, that would allow us to colonize the moon, mars and also explore the nearest star systems within the next 50 years.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

it would really depend on who was asking and what exists on the planet in question. if it was a hott alien babe asking me to go and her planet was similar to earth i might do it.

Yes, but if you knew all of those things then it becomes a considered decision.
What we're talking about is an instinctual response without hedging.
Even if there was a "hot alien babe" I don't think your parts would be compatible unless she's a shape shifter like Iman in Star Trek VI, and you know how that turned out.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
With those conditions I'd have to say no because of family also.

Without those conditions, it would depend upon who is asking. I don't like the grays, they're up to no good, but they wouldn't ask, they'd just take.

I really would like to get to visit other planets, other parts of the galaxy, and if family could come along then I might well prefer to live on another planet, I'm not thrilled with the direction Earth seems to be .ing. Maybe there is sanity elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I vote for stay. Aliens are weird.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveKnowledge
I vote for stay. Aliens are weird.

That's a pretty non-specific broad brush.

I'm not saying they're not, but how are they weird to you?

edit to add: yea, 26000 points.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes, in fact, for the past few weeks I have been trying to work out something that would involve me getting taken to another habitable planet and never returning to Earth. The greys that abduct me do not do this very often, I would actually be one of the first human beings to ever experience this. I have been pleading with them telepathically for days now to just take me in my sleep and let me reside on another habitable planet they currently own, I would prefer their home planet but the chances of that are very, very slim.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Well hypothetically that i had a family etc...yes i would,lots of people have families...not eveyone goes to different planets with alien friends...not much thought needed on my part!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You put us in front of a huge leap of faith. I can see by the way you posed your scenario that it was the point of the whole thing.

I would be very tempted, but since I already have a wife and child, and a second one on the way,
it would have to be a big no for me. Knowing my wife she wouldn't want to go even if arrangements were made so that wouldn't be an option either.

I think watching my children grow and become adults will in itself be such an adventure. I don't really need another planet to provide that, the adventure is in life itself.

I would, however, hope that whoever went tried to send us regular reports on the endeavour.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My life is boring and unfulfilling. I'd be on their ship in a flash.

I can't find my passions and purpose in life here...so why not go somewhere else to find them?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't really have a choice I'd have to go. Ever since I was a kid I've always wanted to go into space... it would be so amazing... I'd trust my instincts and if I thought they weren't going to hurt me I'd be gone ........ (Yes I do like my life on earth but for me it'd be worth the price easy, I have no kids though)

I wish it happened now

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I would not go. I've always felt like I am an alien (I have a lot of consistent dreams about this), but I have a wife and three children, and the only way I would go is if I could convince the aliens to take my family as well. If it's jsut me, forget it.
And I would have a lot of questions as well. Why are you doing this? Why me? Why only one person?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

appologies if this is ` derailment ` - but i would take a fraction of a second to ` weigh up ` the situation to decide do i "chin" these idiots or just tell them to fook off

my reasoning : thier entire ` sales pitch ` has been a lie

` kind and benvolent ` beings do not make ofers that would have such a devastaining impact on my hypothetical friends and family

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Only with a round-trip ticket, a safety-guarantee, a box of unique souvenirs to sell on eBay, and a promise of no "probing" excursions while there (or en route).

I also want to take unlimited, unrestricted video, have plenty of friendly guides and interpreters handy while there, be taken to all the best physical, cultural, and natural sights, and come and go as I please.

Agreed? Great!- when do we leave?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Only with a round-trip ticket, a safety-guarantee, a box of unique souvenirs to sell on eBay, and a promise of no "probing" excursions while there (or en route).

I also want to take unlimited, unrestricted video, have plenty of friendly guides and interpreters handy while there, be taken to all the best physical, cultural, and natural sights, and come and go as I please.

Agreed? Great!- when do we leave?

That's an awful lot of conditions.
I don't think they're looking for high maintenance humans.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What an excellent thread!

First of all, I am young and single female, I have a very small family (only child here) so YES. (oh God, if they're reading this..I hope I don't get taken away just yet)

I'd say probably in 10 years or so I will be ready for a this journey. Except a good point was brought up, if they can take me there, why can't they take me back?
If everything happens sort of like in the movie Contact, I'd love to go. Otherwise, yea, if their intentions are pure.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by EternalThought]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

High maintenance? Muhuhuhuhahahahaha. Ok - just take the sheeple, then....

Oh well - That's just too bad - then I stay on our beautiful green/blue jewel of Earth.

p.s. exactly who is this "They" you are referring to, anyway?

Have a nice flight - enjoy the probes...

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I don't know Outrageo
I went through the whole thread again, and there are so many valid reasons to stay, especially since one has to make a decision with such few assurances and details.
But for me, even with all the sacrifices and the people who would be hurt, I could not pass up a once in the history of earth opportunity.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I would decline. But a race like that would never make such a request knowing what they do of our nature and how we value family

But we only value our own family because we're too busy killing other people's families! Look at all those wars we fight!

I would go to Mars so I could debunk that damn 'statue' once and for all
and it must have some interesting rocks for my collection.

[edit on 21/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChChKiwi

Oh, these aliens would probably indulge you in a pit stop to Mars to get that out of the way. But where they are offering to take you is beyond human imagination.
So, are you accepting?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join