It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Killed Puppy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Guys, its a dog. Have you seen what Micheal Vick did to dogs? Seriously, an execution over a dog?
If you TOUCHED my kitty, I would stomp you bad, but seriously?

SERIOUSLY????!!!

A puppy, yes, but c'mon.

BYW, I love that so many people call C2C BS, but you are alll over this one, huh?

It sucks, but if I see one more person call for this guys execution, I will make sure to post and save your comments for every time you guys defend abortion.

This is stupid. That Devil-dog is a crazy if this story is true, but grow up. They eats dogs in many places around thew world, fyi...

PPS, I frickin love dogs, so don't say I don't understand them or whatever...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
As I sit here typing this I am surrounded by my pack, all 350 lbs of them sleeping at my feet. They are not just animals they are companions, friends, and a major part of our family. I watched this video once and cried for a good bit as well as a couple nasty dreams about it.
One of my dogs is a "teenager" at 7 months he is a holy terror and prone to fits of naughtiness. Just last week I found him front paws and face in the fishtank..having a snack on the african driftwood and a nice cool drink..

So i am aware that dogs arent all sweetness and light.
BUT
Any human being who would throw a tiny puppy to its death is not fit for life among society. The thought of this man ever raising children makes me shudder.

There is an inborn physiological reaction to the features deemed as cute that is there in order to incite a nurturing caring and protective reaction from older creatures of ones species, we being humans tend to react to these features in nearly all species, finding babies from kittens and puppies to rhinos and even something as alien to us as an elephant "cute"

This soldier is obviously lacking in that natural and normal human/mammalian process. This makes him a threat to all things smaller and more innocent than he is

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Executing this soldier is barbaric. Your no worse than he is. Soldiers are put through alot of stress when they are sent to war. More stress than they can usually handle. Sure what he did has no right to it but will it really solve anything putting a man who has served his country in the time of war. Who has volunteered in belief that he can make a difference by keeping his country safe be executed.

I could lawyer your ass if I wanted to.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by justamomma
human life extinguished? over a dog?

Oh and just because your a woman makes your point more valid why??

[edit on 13-6-2008 by zysin5]

i don't think me being a woman validates my opinion any more than you being a man validates yours.

i guess i just made a point of stating my gender as i was trying to come from a more logical standpoint when generally i am more inclined to come at it from an emotional standpoint.

i haven't watched it either and can't for the same reasons you listed. the thought makes me sad.. yes, for the puppy. my only arguement is in the "heaping of coals" over this person's head when the enviroment they are put in is soooooo different from the one that i live in.......... uncomfortable, but ONLY relatively speaking; nothing compared to what he is subjected to.

put an animal between me and the killings of ppl that i called my comrads, my best friends, my family, or even worse, my children... i really am going to care less what happens to the animal.
put an animal btw me and my child that fell and skinned up his knee a bit and i will be more aware of the animal.

just saying...... different enviroment and different situation than what we are dealing w/ (speaking of majority of course)

thank god that, hopefully any way, you all are not the judge over me, especially if the first situation were to play out; bc if disregarding the animal means a chance to save those i love's lives, bet your sweet arse, i am disregarding that animal.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0

Simple answer - all life is sacred, including the soldier. Only if there is a famine and you must kill an animal to survive is there a moral right to do so.

This is exactly what I was getting at.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
They are just trying to get your dander up momma. Don't let them. The puppy thing transcends some deeper ills of this war.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This is vile, disgusting, and deserves to be punished severely. But I agree, calls for execution seem pretty absurd.

On the other hand though, lets not be too quick to throw out the old "forgive him, war is hard" line. I know war is difficult. I'm not in the military, but I'm low income and I know that low income people are disproportionally sent to war, many of my friends included. But that does not mean that we should make excuses for an action this heinous. I can not claim I understand what this soldier is experiencing, but no sane person in the world would think torturing a helpless animal is excusable. At the very least, this soldiers punishment may help set a precedent to stop more things like this from happening.

I hope are soldiers stay strong, and know that despite the fact that people are outraged of this issue, we all deeply respect them and wish them the best. Hopefully some day the criminals of this administration who started this war on false pretenses will be punished to the fullest extent for putting are soldiers in a situation where things like this happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Although I agree with most of the comments condemming this obviously disturbed individual, I can't agree with execution. I think there's already been enough killing and perhaps this is just a small example of why the United States and Americans in general have had to endure a tarnished reputation lately. I do however think that Lance Cpl. David Motari, 1st batallion, 3rd marine regiment should be punished in some way. Don't forget, he was aided by Sgt. Chrismarvin Banez Encarnacion, San Diego who in my opinion is just as guilty. Perhaps spreading the names of these two misfits around the internet will aid in delivering them their just punishment.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Simply getting kicked out of the Corps isn't enough.

I would like to see him executed, or at least kicked in the groin repeatedly for a few weeks.

Totally agree

Maybe they should chuck him in a cage with a couple of hungry pig hunting dogs (prob meanest dogs you'll ever see) and let the dogs get their revenge

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
men should undergo mental evaluation before joining the military so this sort of thing won't happen. THE SICKO!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by apolluwn

IMO, there is no difference in abusing a human or an animal. The horrors of that prison will probably never be revealed fully and I feel deeply for those who suffered, however I feel just as deeply for this small canine life. Cruelty is cruelty, no matter who suffers it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think that this man's soul has been destroyed by watching his close friends die horrible deaths, and that has led him to have an extreme hatred for other human life. This is what has led him to think that a dog's life is so insignificant.

All life is precious. This man also has good inside him, but unfortunately, it has been overpowered by Darkness.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
[edit on 13-6-2008 by zysin5]

bc if disregarding the animal means a chance to save those i love's lives, bet your sweet arse, i am disregarding that animal.

Of course, we all would protect the ones we love, but he wasnt disregarding the dogs life to save a loved one, he disregarded an innocent dogs life because hes sick... obviously he wont be executed, but something should be done.... it takes a certain individual and mindset to pick up a puppy and throw it to its death??.....and its people with those mindsets that we could do without in society...

I hope he gets what he deserves and then some.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Why I really cant believe the response I see from people on here. First of all I can tell those people never served in the military, and if they did they didnt serve during actual combat. An animals live is not nearly as important as a humans and there are tons of reason for him to of killed this dog. As a gulf war veteran I saw so many dogs who life condition was horrible that I think a much better alternative was death. Muslims do not keep dogs as pet so they become mangy, underfed, wild animals, even though the pups may look like pups they have reverted back to wild animals.
Now back to the bigger item at hand, look at the outcry over one little puppy, you hear this story everywhere. Why is there not the same outcry when a child is abuse in the US, or when a soldier dies, or when illegal aliens kill americans senslessly...If we could have this same outcry about the many things that plague Americans, society might be a little bit better. But for now everyone is going to take time out to bitch about this marine, killing a dog that looked sick and needed to be uthanized in the first place.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This guy probably wanted to go home. Or, he was always messed up. Or, the war has messed him up.

And slackerwire...maybe the puppy got paid. In which case that soldier should be vindicated. Right?

(You know...since you defend a guy's right to make money by peeing into women's mouths and slapping them until they puke even though a jury of his peers found his sickness to indeed be obscene).

This seems like a double standard.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I feel sorry for this Marine. I also feel sorry for the poor innocent puppy.

I know the trauma this Marine has gone thru, and its bound to manifest in some way. I'm not making excuses for him, nor do i think he should get away with it, but can you all imagine the post trauma this man is going thru?

You really have to either be that Marine, or in my case, be married to one to understand their frame of mind. My husband never killed any animals but was threatened by a cat when he first came home from the service and in his mind, the cat was the ENEMY there for a few minutes.
He abused it and thats all i can say. It was horrible, and although nothing happened to the cat, i cried for days and left him because of it for a few days.

We have a cat, we've had dogs since and its all good. We love animals, especially him.

Serving the country is a noble thing, but people returning should have ongoing counceling for a long time.

These men/women remain in a "war mode" for many years!!! :shk:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

If you weigh up the amount of humans / dogs then a dog’s life is considerably more valuable than that of a human. He doesn't deserve death but neither did the puppy, the videos remind me of the dolphin culls in Japan, these people are twisted or misguided either way at least people have shown disgust at it.

BTW, I would easily choose my own dogs life over that of someone I didn’t know, but then again my dog rocks!

My Dogs Live Webspace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i feel justice has been served. That guy is a pure punk!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by notyavgkat

Thats it? So you dont think being away from home and family fighting a war that makes no sense, could have gotten to him, making him not rational?

You got to think there is something behind his action- this man is sick and needs help, not incarceration or the electric chair.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join